Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | From Ember Into Flame [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #34 - 36[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills tasks for: Day 124 (August 5, 2017) Day 127 (August 8, 2017) Day 130 (August 11, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 11 + 41 + 21 = 73 Items of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Emetic Russula] [item=Game Fowl] [item=Glade Swarmer] [/center] [item=dwarf fawn] x10 [item=giant desert centipede] x10 [item=fragile antler] x7 [item=bonepriest venom] x5 [item=fine filament] x5 [item=triad moth] x5 [item=mustache moth] x5 [item=wildwood owlet] x5 [item=satin violets] x4 [item=ruby brooch] x4 [item=jagged beak] x4 [item=strangler seeds] x4 [item=red maple leaf] x4 [item=zebra cricket] x3 [item=tiny feathers] x3 [item=rotting leather] x3 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x3 [item=frosted violets] x3 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x3 [item=silk spool] x3 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x3 [item=serrated beak] x3 [item=daddy longlegs] x3 [item=white-masked dustbug] x2 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x2 [item=sweet songbird] x2 [item=silken feathers] x2 [item=display plumes] x2 [item=rosy similis] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x2 [item=florist's satchel] x2 [item=pale pink rose] x2 [item=firestarter] x2 [item=blue spot pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=harvestman] x2 [item=grouse] x2 [item=micro deer] x2 [item=miniature potash peach] x1 [item=jar of vapors] x1 [item=wisp fruit] x1 [item=songbird mimic] x1 [item=red-winged dewbug] x1 [item=owlcat journal] x1 [item=decorative centaur quiver] x1 [item=thick meat strips] x1 [item=dried jerky] x1 [item=leather centaur quiver] x1 [item=shining acuity fragment] x1 [item=forest field guide] x1 [item=dark acuity fragment] x1 [item=chipskink tail] x1 [item=herbalist's satchel] x1 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x1 [item=blue rose] x1 [item=broken flower pot] x1 [item=emerald brooch] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=pollen] x1 [item=honeycomb fragment] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=worn pincushion] x1 [item=stuffed pincushion] x1 [item=sparrow skull] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 [item=sakura moss] x1 [item=leafy pack] x1 [item=false leaf] x1 [item=grouse basilisk field notes] x1 [item=maple leaf] x1 [item=wildwood moss] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=bamboo leaves] x1 [item=strangling vine] x1
Coliseum Battle Post #34 - 36

Fulfills tasks for:
Day 124 (August 5, 2017)
Day 127 (August 8, 2017)
Day 130 (August 11, 2017)

Battles Completed: 11 + 41 + 21 = 73
Items of the Day:

Emetic Russula Game Fowl Glade Swarmer

Dwarf Fawn x10 Giant Desert Centipede x10 Fragile Antler x7 Bonepriest Venom x5
Fine Filament x5 Triad Moth x5 Mustache Moth x5 Wildwood Owlet x5
Satin Violets x4 Ruby Brooch x4 Jagged Beak x4 Strangler Seeds x4
Red Maple Leaf x4 Zebra Cricket x3 Tiny Feathers x3 Rotting Leather x3
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x3 Frosted Violets x3 Glowing Pocket Bauble x3 Silk Spool x3
Brightly Painted Bird Toy x3 Serrated Beak x3 Daddy Longlegs x3 White-Masked Dustbug x2
Dark-Tufted Featherduster x2 Sweet Songbird x2 Silken Feathers x2 Display Plumes x2
Rosy Similis x2 Ire Tweet x2 Reverse Silkworm Moth x2 Florist's Satchel x2
Pale Pink Rose x2 Firestarter x2 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x2 Harvestman x2
Grouse x2 Micro Deer x2 Miniature Potash Peach x1 Jar of Vapors x1
Wisp Fruit x1 Songbird Mimic x1 Red-Winged Dewbug x1 Owlcat Journal x1
Decorative Centaur Quiver x1 Thick Meat Strips x1 Dried Jerky x1 Leather Centaur Quiver x1
Shining Acuity Fragment x1 Forest Field Guide x1 Dark Acuity Fragment x1 Chipskink Tail x1
Herbalist's Satchel x1 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x1 Blue Rose x1 Broken Flower Pot x1
Emerald Brooch x1 Silverfish x1 Pollen x1 Honeycomb Fragment x1
Carpenter Wax x1 Worn Pincushion x1 Stuffed Pincushion x1 Sparrow Skull x1
Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Pygmy Wrasse x1 Cheerful Bird Toy x1 Sakura Moss x1
Leafy Pack x1 False Leaf x1 Grouse Basilisk Field Notes x1 Maple Leaf x1
Wildwood Moss x1 Hardy Antler x1 Bamboo Leaves x1 Strangling Vine x1
@BarbaraFett

Not another death! :O
@BarbaraFett

Not another death! :O
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Journey Chronicles - Scene 41[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 143 (August 24, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 13-15, 2020 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Glowing Pocket Bauble] [/center] "What will happen to Stasia now?" Milintica asked the clan, while they were resting after the hard work of yet another burial. "Why don't we ask her?" Kessel said. "She can think for herself." "Can, and have," said Stasia. "Silviana, if you're willing, would you adopt me? You and Kessel are the only ones left with blood ties to Clan Adeptica, and Kessel already has Blyska." "I… yes, absolutely," Silviana said. "I would be honored." "Speaking of those ties," Kessel said, "Mother said I was in charge if anything ever happened to Starbloom, and as we all saw, the place that will be our new home is right over there, on the other side of the bay. Are we all up for flying across it?" "What, right [i]now?[/i]" said Mithril. "Do you [i]ever[/i] run out of energy? Usually we give ourselves a night or two to rest and recuperate after we've lost someone. I say we keep doing that." "There's something else to consider," Rythorn pointed out. "That piece of obsidian that Atsuki gave us back in Dragonhome. She said it was enchanted to point the way to her clan's lair. We could go there to rest up." "If we took a detour like that, it would take us longer to get where we’re going!" Kessel protested. "We don't know where Atsuki's lair is, though," said Milintica. It took courage for him to speak up - after all, now that Kessel was the head of the clan, his word was law - but the young Mirror's curiosity was too strong to deny. "Maybe it's on our way there. Or maybe it's somewhere near here. Either way, I'd really like to meet Atsuki, and we need a place to stay tonight." "There's one way we can find that out," Rythorn said. "Here, Milintica. Here's the obsidian shard. Take it and trace the outline of the emblem on it with one of your claws." Milintica did. A glowing orange arrow appeared above the emblem. It pointed across the bay - in precisely the same direction in which Starbloom, and their map, had indicated their new home lay. "Well, that settles that argument," said Rythorn. "I still think we should walk around the bay, and not try to fly across it," Mithril said. "I'm tired from digging." "Me too," said Milintica. "All right," said Kessel. "I guess I'd be a bad leader if I made you wear yourselves out any more. Let's walk. Maybe we'll find a nice cave somewhere around this bay." *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* They did, indeed, find a cave along the edge of the bay. They came upon it while following its curve toward their new home, just before they came to the place where two of the largest lava flows in the region met the ocean. They would have to fly over the lava and up to the top of the cliff on the far side of the bay in the morning, when they were feeling up to it. Thankfully, replenishing their strength posed no problem here. Kessel delighted in the opportunity to catch some real, fresh saltwater fish for the first time in ages, and Milintica was happy to partake in them, too. Having been hatched in another cave by the seashore in Water territory, Kessel didn’t hate water quite as much as most Ridgebacks did, but he still preferred to fish with a net. The others were able to find the kinds of food they needed, too, to supplement what they had with them. When the next morning came, every one of the dragons felt strong enough to take flight over the bay. They let the seaside breezes lift them, avoiding the steam rising from the cooling lava flows and aiming for the top of the cliff on the far side of the bay. With the strength of the air currents here, even Milintica could manage the journey without too much trouble. After a short while, five sets of clawed feet landed gracefully on the edge of the cliff, and the dragons caught their breath. The landscape around them was all black sand and dark, rocky outcroppings. Milintica took out the enchanted obsidian shard again, to make sure of their direction. The glowing orange arrow pointed ahead and to the right. He led the way in that direction, on foot now. While the tall caldera was still some way off, the roar of some unknown beast reached their ears. Milintica’s guard went up immediately. He crouched lower to the ground, but continued forward, undeterred. He realized for the first time that his heat vision wasn’t particularly useful here in the Ashfall Waste; everything here glowed with varying degrees of warmth. It was with his normal vision that he saw the strange beast. It had the head, horns, and forelegs of a bull, and the lower body of a serpent. It seemed to be trying to smash some smaller, more agile creature with its hooves. A gout of flame burst forth from behind one of the many lava rocks in the area, searing Milintica’s heat vision and making him wince and look away. When he looked up at the battle again, he saw where - [i]who[/i] - the attack had come from, and gaped in astonishment. [i]“Smolder!”[/i] he shouted. “Hang on, pal, I’m coming!” He dropped what few bags he was carrying and told his clanmates, “My friend Smolder’s in trouble! Leave everything here and come and help me!” Kessel was completely taken aback by Milintica’s bold words, and Silviana tried to hide behind his leg, but Rythorn and Mithril didn’t hesitate to run into the battle after Milintica. As he came closer, he could see that the battleground was strewn with bits and pieces of materials, broken pottery shards, and charred piles of wood, some of which were still on fire. The creature answered Smolder’s fire blast with one of its own; it didn’t seem to be bothered much by the flames all around it. A brown-and-golden-spined Ridgeback head emerged from the largest pile of wood. Its owner shook herself free of the debris and turned to face her attacker. “How dare you!” she shouted, and fought back with her own fire magic. It was no more effective than Smolder’s attack had been. “Wait - [i]Atsuki?![/i]” Rythorn said, astonished. “[i]That’s[/i] Atsuki?” said Milintica. “[i]ATSUKI![/i]” Kessel screamed from somewhere behind Milintica. He leapt forward to catch up with the others, leaving Silviana to hide herself and their belongings as best she could among the rocks. The shout got Atsuki’s attention. “[i]Kessel?![/i]” Atsuki exclaimed, turning to look. “Yes!” he shouted back. “We’re here! Are you all right?” “For now!” Atsuki yelled, leaping out of the way of another burst of flame from the bull-creature. “We’re here to save you!” Milintica cried out. “Both of you!” He leapt into the air, all the fury of Nature bursting from somewhere deep inside into his awareness. Acting on pure instinct, he made a series of quick movements with his foreclaws, and a burst of verdant light shot forth from them. The magical attack hit the creature squarely under one horn, but it did not recoil or retreat. It simply turned its attention to this new assailant. Milintica tried to get out of the way, but a midair dodge was too much to ask of Mirror wings. For an awful moment, the creature’s fire was all around him, blinding him with pain. He was forced to make an inelegant emergency landing, twisting an ankle in the process. He scrambled to get away, stepping on and tripping over rocks, but the huge serpentine creature moved closer and closer. He refused to cry out for help. If this was how he was going to die, at least the clan would survive. Just as he was about to close his eyes and brace for the end, something pale-green and wavering flashed in front of him. A feline creature with a mane made of green flames had leapt between him and the creature. It snarled, hissed, and sprang forward, leaping straight at the bull-creature and slashing at its face. Gratefully, Milintica took advantage of the distraction to get further away from the enemy. A blast of something purple hit the creature from its other side. This one seemed to confuse and disorient it. Milintica looked up to see where it had come from, and realized it had been Mithril. She was riding into battle on Kessel’s back, her teeth bared and an intensity in her eyes that Milintica had never seen there before. She clung to Kessel’s wings as he began an all-out assault on the creature, using both his sharp spines and his inborn water magic as weapons. The creature howled, steam rising from its hide at the touch of the water. Mithril hit it again with her shadow bolt as soon as she could, and it swayed unsteadily. A second blast of water from Kessel sent the creature fleeing from its attackers as quickly as it could slither. “And [i]stay[/i] out!” Smolder shouted, shaking a claw at the retreating beast. The dragons regrouped and ran toward each other. “Kessel!” Atsuki exclaimed. “You made it! You found me!” “And none too soon, it looks like,” Kessel panted. “Do you live here? Where’s that obsidian shard?” “Back with all our other stuff,” said Milintica. “Yes, I live here,” said Atsuki. “Well, I [i]did,[/i] anyway. Who’s this? New clan member?” “Yes - hello. My name is Milintica. Clan Ashfeather adopted me. Dad - Rythorn - told me all about you.” “Milintica friend,” said Smolder. “Good hunting student.” “Oh, so [i]that’s[/i] where you’ve been!” said Atsuki. “You big goofball, I thought you’d gone to the festival without me!” “Wait - you two know each other?” said Rythorn. Milintica explained to the entire group how he and Smolder had sometimes seen each other while they were traveling through the Shifting Expanse, and how Smolder had always disappeared before Milintica could introduce him to any of his clanmates. “That’s the way he is,” said Atsuki. “He’s not very sociable and doesn’t make friends often, but when he does, he’s a good dragon to have by your side.” “Are you two…. together?” Kessel asked, indicating Atsuki and Smolder. “Yes,” she said. “This [i]was[/i] our lair. We both love traveling and adventuring, so we didn’t need anything fancy, but we built all these cabins ourselves.” “Sorry we didn’t get here in time to save them,” said Milintica. “I’m just glad you got here when you did,” said Atsuki. “If you and your clanmates hadn’t fought that Ashscale Ophiotaurus off, we might not have made it.” “Ashscale Ophiotaurus,” Milintica repeated, learning the new name. “Do many of them live around here?” “Most of them live over in the Ashfall Waste. I don’t know what that one was doing over here.” Milintica shuddered. “Well… I’m glad it’s gone. I might not have been much use at fighting that thing, but I think I may be able to help you rebuild this place.” -------- @Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - I worked on this early Monday morning, and I just couldn't wait to post it. There will be 2 more story chapters (which are outlined and which I definitely intend to post by Saturday) and 3 more illustrations (which I may or may not post by Saturday), and then I start a whole new story thread! Plus a bunch of coli and event posts, of course.
Journey Chronicles - Scene 41

Fulfills task for: Day 143 (August 24, 2017)
Task completed on: June 13-15, 2020
Item of the Day:

Glowing Pocket Bauble

"What will happen to Stasia now?" Milintica asked the clan, while they were resting after the hard work of yet another burial.

"Why don't we ask her?" Kessel said. "She can think for herself."

"Can, and have," said Stasia. "Silviana, if you're willing, would you adopt me? You and Kessel are the only ones left with blood ties to Clan Adeptica, and Kessel already has Blyska."

"I… yes, absolutely," Silviana said. "I would be honored."

"Speaking of those ties," Kessel said, "Mother said I was in charge if anything ever happened to Starbloom, and as we all saw, the place that will be our new home is right over there, on the other side of the bay. Are we all up for flying across it?"

"What, right now?" said Mithril. "Do you ever run out of energy? Usually we give ourselves a night or two to rest and recuperate after we've lost someone. I say we keep doing that."

"There's something else to consider," Rythorn pointed out. "That piece of obsidian that Atsuki gave us back in Dragonhome. She said it was enchanted to point the way to her clan's lair. We could go there to rest up."

"If we took a detour like that, it would take us longer to get where we’re going!" Kessel protested.

"We don't know where Atsuki's lair is, though," said Milintica. It took courage for him to speak up - after all, now that Kessel was the head of the clan, his word was law - but the young Mirror's curiosity was too strong to deny. "Maybe it's on our way there. Or maybe it's somewhere near here. Either way, I'd really like to meet Atsuki, and we need a place to stay tonight."

"There's one way we can find that out," Rythorn said. "Here, Milintica. Here's the obsidian shard. Take it and trace the outline of the emblem on it with one of your claws."

Milintica did. A glowing orange arrow appeared above the emblem. It pointed across the bay - in precisely the same direction in which Starbloom, and their map, had indicated their new home lay.

"Well, that settles that argument," said Rythorn.

"I still think we should walk around the bay, and not try to fly across it," Mithril said. "I'm tired from digging."

"Me too," said Milintica.

"All right," said Kessel. "I guess I'd be a bad leader if I made you wear yourselves out any more. Let's walk. Maybe we'll find a nice cave somewhere around this bay."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They did, indeed, find a cave along the edge of the bay. They came upon it while following its curve toward their new home, just before they came to the place where two of the largest lava flows in the region met the ocean. They would have to fly over the lava and up to the top of the cliff on the far side of the bay in the morning, when they were feeling up to it.

Thankfully, replenishing their strength posed no problem here. Kessel delighted in the opportunity to catch some real, fresh saltwater fish for the first time in ages, and Milintica was happy to partake in them, too. Having been hatched in another cave by the seashore in Water territory, Kessel didn’t hate water quite as much as most Ridgebacks did, but he still preferred to fish with a net. The others were able to find the kinds of food they needed, too, to supplement what they had with them.

When the next morning came, every one of the dragons felt strong enough to take flight over the bay. They let the seaside breezes lift them, avoiding the steam rising from the cooling lava flows and aiming for the top of the cliff on the far side of the bay. With the strength of the air currents here, even Milintica could manage the journey without too much trouble.

After a short while, five sets of clawed feet landed gracefully on the edge of the cliff, and the dragons caught their breath. The landscape around them was all black sand and dark, rocky outcroppings. Milintica took out the enchanted obsidian shard again, to make sure of their direction. The glowing orange arrow pointed ahead and to the right. He led the way in that direction, on foot now.

While the tall caldera was still some way off, the roar of some unknown beast reached their ears. Milintica’s guard went up immediately. He crouched lower to the ground, but continued forward, undeterred. He realized for the first time that his heat vision wasn’t particularly useful here in the Ashfall Waste; everything here glowed with varying degrees of warmth. It was with his normal vision that he saw the strange beast. It had the head, horns, and forelegs of a bull, and the lower body of a serpent. It seemed to be trying to smash some smaller, more agile creature with its hooves.

A gout of flame burst forth from behind one of the many lava rocks in the area, searing Milintica’s heat vision and making him wince and look away. When he looked up at the battle again, he saw where - who - the attack had come from, and gaped in astonishment.

“Smolder!” he shouted. “Hang on, pal, I’m coming!” He dropped what few bags he was carrying and told his clanmates, “My friend Smolder’s in trouble! Leave everything here and come and help me!”

Kessel was completely taken aback by Milintica’s bold words, and Silviana tried to hide behind his leg, but Rythorn and Mithril didn’t hesitate to run into the battle after Milintica. As he came closer, he could see that the battleground was strewn with bits and pieces of materials, broken pottery shards, and charred piles of wood, some of which were still on fire. The creature answered Smolder’s fire blast with one of its own; it didn’t seem to be bothered much by the flames all around it.

A brown-and-golden-spined Ridgeback head emerged from the largest pile of wood. Its owner shook herself free of the debris and turned to face her attacker. “How dare you!” she shouted, and fought back with her own fire magic. It was no more effective than Smolder’s attack had been.

“Wait - Atsuki?!” Rythorn said, astonished.

That’s Atsuki?” said Milintica.

ATSUKI!” Kessel screamed from somewhere behind Milintica. He leapt forward to catch up with the others, leaving Silviana to hide herself and their belongings as best she could among the rocks.

The shout got Atsuki’s attention. “Kessel?!” Atsuki exclaimed, turning to look.

“Yes!” he shouted back. “We’re here! Are you all right?”

“For now!” Atsuki yelled, leaping out of the way of another burst of flame from the bull-creature.

“We’re here to save you!” Milintica cried out. “Both of you!” He leapt into the air, all the fury of Nature bursting from somewhere deep inside into his awareness. Acting on pure instinct, he made a series of quick movements with his foreclaws, and a burst of verdant light shot forth from them. The magical attack hit the creature squarely under one horn, but it did not recoil or retreat. It simply turned its attention to this new assailant.

Milintica tried to get out of the way, but a midair dodge was too much to ask of Mirror wings. For an awful moment, the creature’s fire was all around him, blinding him with pain. He was forced to make an inelegant emergency landing, twisting an ankle in the process. He scrambled to get away, stepping on and tripping over rocks, but the huge serpentine creature moved closer and closer. He refused to cry out for help. If this was how he was going to die, at least the clan would survive.

Just as he was about to close his eyes and brace for the end, something pale-green and wavering flashed in front of him. A feline creature with a mane made of green flames had leapt between him and the creature. It snarled, hissed, and sprang forward, leaping straight at the bull-creature and slashing at its face. Gratefully, Milintica took advantage of the distraction to get further away from the enemy.

A blast of something purple hit the creature from its other side. This one seemed to confuse and disorient it. Milintica looked up to see where it had come from, and realized it had been Mithril. She was riding into battle on Kessel’s back, her teeth bared and an intensity in her eyes that Milintica had never seen there before. She clung to Kessel’s wings as he began an all-out assault on the creature, using both his sharp spines and his inborn water magic as weapons.

The creature howled, steam rising from its hide at the touch of the water. Mithril hit it again with her shadow bolt as soon as she could, and it swayed unsteadily. A second blast of water from Kessel sent the creature fleeing from its attackers as quickly as it could slither.

“And stay out!” Smolder shouted, shaking a claw at the retreating beast.

The dragons regrouped and ran toward each other. “Kessel!” Atsuki exclaimed. “You made it! You found me!”

“And none too soon, it looks like,” Kessel panted. “Do you live here? Where’s that obsidian shard?”

“Back with all our other stuff,” said Milintica.

“Yes, I live here,” said Atsuki. “Well, I did, anyway. Who’s this? New clan member?”

“Yes - hello. My name is Milintica. Clan Ashfeather adopted me. Dad - Rythorn - told me all about you.”

“Milintica friend,” said Smolder. “Good hunting student.”

“Oh, so that’s where you’ve been!” said Atsuki. “You big goofball, I thought you’d gone to the festival without me!”

“Wait - you two know each other?” said Rythorn.

Milintica explained to the entire group how he and Smolder had sometimes seen each other while they were traveling through the Shifting Expanse, and how Smolder had always disappeared before Milintica could introduce him to any of his clanmates.

“That’s the way he is,” said Atsuki. “He’s not very sociable and doesn’t make friends often, but when he does, he’s a good dragon to have by your side.”

“Are you two…. together?” Kessel asked, indicating Atsuki and Smolder.

“Yes,” she said. “This was our lair. We both love traveling and adventuring, so we didn’t need anything fancy, but we built all these cabins ourselves.”

“Sorry we didn’t get here in time to save them,” said Milintica.

“I’m just glad you got here when you did,” said Atsuki. “If you and your clanmates hadn’t fought that Ashscale Ophiotaurus off, we might not have made it.”

“Ashscale Ophiotaurus,” Milintica repeated, learning the new name. “Do many of them live around here?”

“Most of them live over in the Ashfall Waste. I don’t know what that one was doing over here.”

Milintica shuddered. “Well… I’m glad it’s gone. I might not have been much use at fighting that thing, but I think I may be able to help you rebuild this place.”

@Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - I worked on this early Monday morning, and I just couldn't wait to post it. There will be 2 more story chapters (which are outlined and which I definitely intend to post by Saturday) and 3 more illustrations (which I may or may not post by Saturday), and then I start a whole new story thread! Plus a bunch of coli and event posts, of course.
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Art Post #19[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 131 (August 12, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 17, 2020 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Ruby Brooch] [/center] [i](click for bigger)[/i] [url=https://66.media.tumblr.com/45e669a13fc92da0e282e3c7dfef1975/4c24d797cfe08404-4b/s1280x1920/eb5c7cce93c2b5ba9c175f58081deb400818b78d.jpg][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/45e669a13fc92da0e282e3c7dfef1975/4c24d797cfe08404-4b/s1280x1920/eb5c7cce93c2b5ba9c175f58081deb400818b78d.jpg[/img][/url] This is an illustration of part of the battle in Scene 41 above - the part where the Fiendcat jumps into the fray between Milintica and the Ophiotaurus.
Art Post #19

Fulfills task for: Day 131 (August 12, 2017)
Task completed on: June 17, 2020
Item of the Day:

Ruby Brooch

(click for bigger)

eb5c7cce93c2b5ba9c175f58081deb400818b78d.jpg

This is an illustration of part of the battle in Scene 41 above - the part where the Fiendcat jumps into the fray between Milintica and the Ophiotaurus.
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #37 - 41[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills tasks for: Day 132 (August 13, 2017) Day 133 (August 14, 2017) Day 134 (August 15, 2017) Day 136 (August 17, 2017) Day 137 (August 18, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 31 + 21 + 11 + 11 + 11 = 85 Items of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Sicklemaw Gar] [item=Dung Beetle] [item=Wild Catsup] [item=Miniature Potash Peach] [item=Carnaval Tulip] [/center] [item=dwarf fawn] x17 [item=fragile antler] x12 [item=white-masked dustbug] x11 [item=bonepriest venom] x10 [item=giant desert centipede] x9 [item=rotting leather] x5 [item=dried jerky] x5 [item=searing bunny] x5 [item=frosted violets] x5 [item=satin violets] x4 [item=triad moth] x4 [item=blue rose] x4 [item=serrated beak] x4 [item=thick meat strips] x3 [item=bottled embers] x3 [item=searing jackalope pelt] x3 [item=rosy similis] x3 [item=pale pink rose] x3 [item=silk spool] x3 [item=emerald brooch] x3 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x3 [item=ruby brooch] x3 [item=sweet songbird] x3 [item=umbral catfish] x2 [item=miniature potash peach] x2 [item=leather centaur quiver] x2 [item=umberhorn qiriq horn] x2 [item=wisp fruit] x2 [item=decorative centaur quiver] x2 [item=herdbeast hoof] x2 [item=forest field guide] x2 [item=emerald shiners] x2 [item=expertly-crafted spear] x2 [item=common sparrow] x2 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x2 [item=micro deer] x2 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x2 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x2 [item=jagged beak] x2 [item=crunchy moth legs] x2 [item=fragile moth wings] x2 [item=pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=firestarter] x2 [item=blue spot pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=carpenter wax] x2 [item=blue honeycomb] x2 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x2 [item=mustache moth] x2 [item=owlcat journal] x1 [item=jar of vapors] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=centaur ration pouch] x1 [item=red-winged dewbug] x1 [item=false leaf] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 [item=white-eared hummingbird] x1 [item=sparrow skull] x1 [item=minor health potion] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=chipskink tail] x1 [item=sweetpuff feather] x1 [item=herbalist's satchel] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=fine filament] x1 [item=worn pincushion] x1 @Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - This coli post and the art post above it are both new today.
Coliseum Battle Post #37 - 41

Fulfills tasks for:
Day 132 (August 13, 2017)
Day 133 (August 14, 2017)
Day 134 (August 15, 2017)
Day 136 (August 17, 2017)
Day 137 (August 18, 2017)

Battles Completed: 31 + 21 + 11 + 11 + 11 = 85
Items of the Day:

Sicklemaw Gar Dung Beetle Wild Catsup Miniature Potash Peach Carnaval Tulip

Dwarf Fawn x17 Fragile Antler x12 White-Masked Dustbug x11 Bonepriest Venom x10
Giant Desert Centipede x9 Rotting Leather x5 Dried Jerky x5 Searing Bunny x5
Frosted Violets x5 Satin Violets x4 Triad Moth x4 Blue Rose x4
Serrated Beak x4 Thick Meat Strips x3 Bottled Embers x3 Searing Jackalope Pelt x3
Rosy Similis x3 Pale Pink Rose x3 Silk Spool x3 Emerald Brooch x3
Dark-Tufted Featherduster x3 Ruby Brooch x3 Sweet Songbird x3 Umbral Catfish x2
Miniature Potash Peach x2 Leather Centaur Quiver x2 Umberhorn Qiriq Horn x2 Wisp Fruit x2
Decorative Centaur Quiver x2 Herdbeast Hoof x2 Forest Field Guide x2 Emerald Shiners x2
Expertly-Crafted Spear x2 Common Sparrow x2 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x2 Ire Tweet x2
Glowing Pocket Bauble x2 Micro Deer x2 Brightly Painted Bird Toy x2 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x2
Jagged Beak x2 Crunchy Moth Legs x2 Fragile Moth Wings x2 Pygmy Wrasse x2
Firestarter x2 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x2 Carpenter Wax x2 Blue Honeycomb x2
Bluelight Chipskink Tail x2 Mustache Moth x2 Owlcat Journal x1 Jar of Vapors x1
Tiny Feathers x1 Centaur Ration Pouch x1 Red-Winged Dewbug x1 False Leaf x1
Cheerful Bird Toy x1 White-Eared Hummingbird x1 Sparrow Skull x1 Minor Health Potion x1
Display Plumes x1 Chipskink Tail x1 Sweetpuff Feather x1 Herbalist's Satchel x1
Silverfish Spectre x1 Silverfish x1 Fine Filament x1 Worn Pincushion x1

@Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - This coli post and the art post above it are both new today.
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Journey Chronicles - Scene 42[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 144 (August 25, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 15-19, 2020 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Silken Feathers] [/center] There were still a few fires burning in the wake of the Beastclan attack, but Kessel harnessed his water magic and put them out. Atsuki sorted through each pile of wood as it was put out, and the others helped her. Some of the planks in the piles of debris were still salvageable, but not many of them. During all this, Silviana came out of hiding and asked if it was safe, and what had happened. Smolder scoffed at her, but Milintica defended his clanmate and introduced her to Atsuki and Smolder. He brought her up to speed on how he and Smolder had gotten to know each other over the past weeks, and how Smolder and Atsuki were a mated couple whose lair they were rebuilding. The Fiendcat came up to Silviana and sniffed at her paw. “Who’s this?” she asked. “I guess this is my familiar now,” Milintica said. “Rythorn was right - he [i]did[/i] find me at the moment we needed to find each other. I should probably give him a name. Hey, Atsuki?” “Yes?” said the Ridgeback. “What kinds of names do dragons around here give their familiars? I think this one has befriended me.” Atsuki smiled. “He’s a Fiendcat, just so you know. How about Itzamna? It’s an approximation of a name in Coatl.” “Just like mine,” said Milintica. “I like it.” “You know, Milintica,” Kessel said, “we both figured out how to use our inner magic in that battle there. Your Nature magic may not have done much against a Fire creature, but it might help with rebuilding this lair.” “How do you mean?” “I think we still have some tree seeds we found in the Viridian Labyrinth. Maybe if you focus your magic on them, you can make them grow.” “We do,” said Rythorn. “I found them at the same time as I found your egg. Let me go and get them.” When Rythorn returned from where they’d left their belongings with a drawstring bag of tree seeds, the group discussed where to plant them. Atsuki suggested planting them over by the wall of the caldera, in front of the crevice that led to the cavern she and Smolder had been using for storage. That was where the richest volcanic soil was, and the magic worked, they could use the trees and foliage to create a door to the cavern. Rythorn and the others from Clan Ashfeather planted the seeds as Atsuki had suggested. When they had all been planted, Milintica stood before the crevice, closed his eyes, stretched out a forepaw, and focused on his inner magic. He could feel the power of life and growth, and found that he could shape it and direct it. When he opened his eyes, he saw that it was working - the first of the seeds had sprouted, and was stretching upwards at an amazing rate. In a few minutes, there was a tree there, ready to harvest and use for building. Milintica did the same with the other tree seeds, and by the time he was finished, there was a small forest grove at the foot of the caldera. He was tired, but immensely gratified and proud of what he had accomplished. None of the dragons noticed the Blazing Goblin who had been watching the entirety of the events of the day, starting with the Beastclan attack. Keeping himself hidden, he continued to watch as the dragons worked together to rebuild. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* It took the rest of that day and all of the next for the seven dragons to make any substantial progress on rebuilding Atsuki and Smolder’s cabins. The crevice, it turned out, contained metal tools that were meant for cutting wood, as well as for working metal. Between them, Atsuki, Kessel, and Smolder made short work of the trees, shaping them into boards and assembling them into walls and roofs. While they were working, Atsuki explained to the newcomers that Flameforger’s Festival was still going on, which was why the Beastclans had thought it was a good time to try to take control of this area, Most of the other dragons in the neighborhood were away at the festival, but not Atsuki, who had been waiting for Smolder to come home. Kessel said that they had wanted to go to the festival, and Atsuki agreed to take them as soon as there were at least enough cabins ready for all of them. Rythorn said that he didn’t need one, preferring to find a crack in the stone of the caldera to slither into. Atsuki nodded and said she understood. “So… I take it we’re welcome to stay here with you?” Milintica asked Atsuki. “Yes, you are,” said Atsuki. “We’re happy to have you here. I know I introduced myself as part of Clan Burnttree back in Dragonhome, but it’s really my mother’s clan's name. Smolder and I have had our own lair for a while now, but we hadn't thought of a separate clan name for ourselves yet. I think the simplest way to handle this would be for the two of us to join Clan Ashfeather." "I think that's a wonderful idea!" exclaimed Milintica - "not that it's really up to me. Kessel, what do you think?" "I think it's a great idea, too," said Kessel. "Thank you for allowing us to share your home, Atsuki." "You're very welcome. I'm glad you're here. I hoped you would come." "So the place we were aiming for on our map turned out to be the same place these two already lived," mused Rythorn. "Isn't that [i]wild?[/i]" "It looks like there really is something to that [i]esprit de corps[/i] idea of yours, Atsuki," Kessel said. Atsuki smiled. "I think that must be it, too."
Journey Chronicles - Scene 42

Fulfills task for: Day 144 (August 25, 2017)
Task completed on: June 15-19, 2020
Item of the Day:

Silken Feathers

There were still a few fires burning in the wake of the Beastclan attack, but Kessel harnessed his water magic and put them out. Atsuki sorted through each pile of wood as it was put out, and the others helped her. Some of the planks in the piles of debris were still salvageable, but not many of them.

During all this, Silviana came out of hiding and asked if it was safe, and what had happened. Smolder scoffed at her, but Milintica defended his clanmate and introduced her to Atsuki and Smolder. He brought her up to speed on how he and Smolder had gotten to know each other over the past weeks, and how Smolder and Atsuki were a mated couple whose lair they were rebuilding.

The Fiendcat came up to Silviana and sniffed at her paw. “Who’s this?” she asked.

“I guess this is my familiar now,” Milintica said. “Rythorn was right - he did find me at the moment we needed to find each other. I should probably give him a name. Hey, Atsuki?”

“Yes?” said the Ridgeback.

“What kinds of names do dragons around here give their familiars? I think this one has befriended me.”

Atsuki smiled. “He’s a Fiendcat, just so you know. How about Itzamna? It’s an approximation of a name in Coatl.”

“Just like mine,” said Milintica. “I like it.”

“You know, Milintica,” Kessel said, “we both figured out how to use our inner magic in that battle there. Your Nature magic may not have done much against a Fire creature, but it might help with rebuilding this lair.”

“How do you mean?”

“I think we still have some tree seeds we found in the Viridian Labyrinth. Maybe if you focus your magic on them, you can make them grow.”

“We do,” said Rythorn. “I found them at the same time as I found your egg. Let me go and get them.”

When Rythorn returned from where they’d left their belongings with a drawstring bag of tree seeds, the group discussed where to plant them. Atsuki suggested planting them over by the wall of the caldera, in front of the crevice that led to the cavern she and Smolder had been using for storage. That was where the richest volcanic soil was, and the magic worked, they could use the trees and foliage to create a door to the cavern.

Rythorn and the others from Clan Ashfeather planted the seeds as Atsuki had suggested. When they had all been planted, Milintica stood before the crevice, closed his eyes, stretched out a forepaw, and focused on his inner magic. He could feel the power of life and growth, and found that he could shape it and direct it. When he opened his eyes, he saw that it was working - the first of the seeds had sprouted, and was stretching upwards at an amazing rate. In a few minutes, there was a tree there, ready to harvest and use for building.

Milintica did the same with the other tree seeds, and by the time he was finished, there was a small forest grove at the foot of the caldera. He was tired, but immensely gratified and proud of what he had accomplished.

None of the dragons noticed the Blazing Goblin who had been watching the entirety of the events of the day, starting with the Beastclan attack. Keeping himself hidden, he continued to watch as the dragons worked together to rebuild.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It took the rest of that day and all of the next for the seven dragons to make any substantial progress on rebuilding Atsuki and Smolder’s cabins. The crevice, it turned out, contained metal tools that were meant for cutting wood, as well as for working metal. Between them, Atsuki, Kessel, and Smolder made short work of the trees, shaping them into boards and assembling them into walls and roofs.

While they were working, Atsuki explained to the newcomers that Flameforger’s Festival was still going on, which was why the Beastclans had thought it was a good time to try to take control of this area, Most of the other dragons in the neighborhood were away at the festival, but not Atsuki, who had been waiting for Smolder to come home. Kessel said that they had wanted to go to the festival, and Atsuki agreed to take them as soon as there were at least enough cabins ready for all of them. Rythorn said that he didn’t need one, preferring to find a crack in the stone of the caldera to slither into. Atsuki nodded and said she understood.

“So… I take it we’re welcome to stay here with you?” Milintica asked Atsuki.

“Yes, you are,” said Atsuki. “We’re happy to have you here. I know I introduced myself as part of Clan Burnttree back in Dragonhome, but it’s really my mother’s clan's name. Smolder and I have had our own lair for a while now, but we hadn't thought of a separate clan name for ourselves yet. I think the simplest way to handle this would be for the two of us to join Clan Ashfeather."

"I think that's a wonderful idea!" exclaimed Milintica - "not that it's really up to me. Kessel, what do you think?"

"I think it's a great idea, too," said Kessel. "Thank you for allowing us to share your home, Atsuki."

"You're very welcome. I'm glad you're here. I hoped you would come."

"So the place we were aiming for on our map turned out to be the same place these two already lived," mused Rythorn. "Isn't that wild?"

"It looks like there really is something to that esprit de corps idea of yours, Atsuki," Kessel said.

Atsuki smiled. "I think that must be it, too."
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Art Post #20[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills task for: Day 138 (August 19, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Task completed on: June 19, 2020 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Ebon-Edged Spear] [/center] [i](click for bigger)[/i] [url=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a54ee48b561212a5d12fbb48d41df510/6ad11ddcff61dee9-02/s1280x1920/25d305ac62264688251a86ace9ea4c28ee8492a0.jpg][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a54ee48b561212a5d12fbb48d41df510/6ad11ddcff61dee9-02/s1280x1920/25d305ac62264688251a86ace9ea4c28ee8492a0.jpg[/img][/url] This is an illustration of Scene 42 above. @Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - As usual, I’ve posted two new posts together - this art post and the story post above it. The finale of the story has been written, and will be posted either later tonight or sometime on Saturday. (I have also already written the first chapter of my new one. :-) )
Art Post #20

Fulfills task for: Day 138 (August 19, 2017)
Task completed on: June 19, 2020
Item of the Day:

Ebon-Edged Spear

(click for bigger)

25d305ac62264688251a86ace9ea4c28ee8492a0.jpg

This is an illustration of Scene 42 above.

@Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - As usual, I’ve posted two new posts together - this art post and the story post above it. The finale of the story has been written, and will be posted either later tonight or sometime on Saturday. (I have also already written the first chapter of my new one. :-) )
@BarbaraFett

Oh wow, everything is really coming together isn't it? Also, I love that art piece! It's beautiful!
@BarbaraFett

Oh wow, everything is really coming together isn't it? Also, I love that art piece! It's beautiful!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall - Thank you so much on both counts! Yeah, I have had this story in my head for almost three years now. It's so good to finally get it all written down! :)
@Petall - Thank you so much on both counts! Yeah, I have had this story in my head for almost three years now. It's so good to finally get it all written down! :)
[center][size=5][color=orange][b]Coliseum Battle Post #42 - 43[/b][/size] [size=4][color=orange][b]Fulfills tasks for: Day 139 (August 20, 2017) Day 140 (August 21, 2017)[/b][/color][/size] [color=orange][b]Battles Completed: 31 + 21 = 52 Items of the Day:[/b][/color] [item=Crowntail Surgling] [item=Leopard Caterpillar][/center] [item=zebra cricket] x8 [item=bonepriest venom] x7 [item=giant desert centipede] x7 [item=dwarf fawn] x6 [item=decorative centaur quiver] x6 [item=miniature potash peach] x5 [item=thick meat strips] x4 [item=leather centaur quiver] x4 [item=umbral catfish] x3 [item=songbird mimic] x3 [item=dried jerky] x3 [item=micro deer] x3 [item=blue rose] x3 [item=tiny feathers] x2 [item=zeeba horn] x2 [item=fragile antler] x2 [item=hardy antler] x2 [item=false leaf] x2 [item=emerald brooch] x2 [item=ruby brooch] x2 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x2 [item=pollen] x2 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x2 [item=pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=rotting leather] x1 [item=white-masked dustbug] x1 [item=sparrow skull] x1 [item=red-winged dewbug] x1 [item=jar of vapors] x1 [item=bottled embers] x1 [item=scholar] x1 [item=dark might fragment] x1 [item=minor health potion] x1 [item=broken flower pot] x1 [item=pineapple shiners] x1 [item=umberhorn qiriq horn] x1 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x1 [item=silk spool] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=fragile moth wings] x1 [item=earthen acuity fragment] x1 [item=sweetpuff feather] x1 [item=ragepuff down] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=ire tweet] x1 [item=serrated beak] x1 [item=silken feathers] x1 [item=herbalist's satchel] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=stuffed pincushion] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=sticky pollen] x1 [item=worn pincushion] x1 [item=frosted violets] x1 [item=white-eared hummingbird] x1 [item=jagged beak] x1 [item=florist's satchel] x1 [item=magical might fragment] x1 [item=rosy similis] x1 @Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - I decided to post all my remaining story and art material for this thread in one go, now that I finally finished it all, so this post [b]and all my posts on page 15[/b] are new since I last pinged. This one ping is for all of those posts. :-)
Coliseum Battle Post #42 - 43

Fulfills tasks for:
Day 139 (August 20, 2017)
Day 140 (August 21, 2017)

Battles Completed: 31 + 21 = 52
Items of the Day:

Crowntail Surgling Leopard Caterpillar

Zebra Cricket x8 Bonepriest Venom x7 Giant Desert Centipede x7 Dwarf Fawn x6
Decorative Centaur Quiver x6 Miniature Potash Peach x5 Thick Meat Strips x4 Leather Centaur Quiver x4
Umbral Catfish x3 Songbird Mimic x3 Dried Jerky x3 Micro Deer x3
Blue Rose x3 Tiny Feathers x2 Zeeba Horn x2 Fragile Antler x2
Hardy Antler x2 False Leaf x2 Emerald Brooch x2 Ruby Brooch x2
Reverse Silkworm Moth x2 Pollen x2 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x2 Pygmy Wrasse x2
Rotting Leather x1 White-Masked Dustbug x1 Sparrow Skull x1 Red-Winged Dewbug x1
Jar of Vapors x1 Bottled Embers x1 Scholar x1 Dark Might Fragment x1
Minor Health Potion x1 Broken Flower Pot x1 Pineapple Shiners x1 Umberhorn Qiriq Horn x1
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x1 Silk Spool x1 Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Fragile Moth Wings x1
Earthen Acuity Fragment x1 Sweetpuff Feather x1 Ragepuff Down x1 Sweet Songbird x1
Ire Tweet x1 Serrated Beak x1 Silken Feathers x1 Herbalist's Satchel x1
Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1 Silverfish Spectre x1 Stuffed Pincushion x1 Satin Violets x1
Sticky Pollen x1 Worn Pincushion x1 Frosted Violets x1 White-Eared Hummingbird x1
Jagged Beak x1 Florist's Satchel x1 Magical Might Fragment x1 Rosy Similis x1

@Dakala @Petall @Sabariel - I decided to post all my remaining story and art material for this thread in one go, now that I finally finished it all, so this post and all my posts on page 15 are new since I last pinged. This one ping is for all of those posts. :-)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15