Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Willow's Wrath [A Pinkerlocke] (Hiatus)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {9}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Hardy Antler] Art[/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/r2fBui9.png[/img] [/columns] -------- @/Crobbin @/Fletcher @/Spottedleaf125 @/Zerohour @/Silverhame @/stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy Sorry guys, no time to write today, so I didn't want to ping, either. ^^; Have a dollmaker of Treble as my piece of "art", from one of my favourite sites ([url=http://www.azaleasdolls.com/fantasy/game_dark-magician.php]link here[/url]). I use it for nearly all my gijinkas lol! I debated on whether her magic would be pink, Arcane, or green, as magical plants are her speciality... I went with Arcane, since that's her highlight colour lol! Making a nearly all-white dragon using a dollmaker is a little challenging. :p
Day {9}
|——————————————|

Hardy Antler
Art
r2fBui9.png

@/Crobbin @/Fletcher @/Spottedleaf125 @/Zerohour @/Silverhame @/stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy

Sorry guys, no time to write today, so I didn't want to ping, either. ^^; Have a dollmaker of Treble as my piece of "art", from one of my favourite sites (link here). I use it for nearly all my gijinkas lol! I debated on whether her magic would be pink, Arcane, or green, as magical plants are her speciality... I went with Arcane, since that's her highlight colour lol! Making a nearly all-white dragon using a dollmaker is a little challenging. :p
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {10}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Iron Belt Buckle] [s]Art[/s][/center] [columns][indent] Treble bustled around the clearing, making a lot of noise. Gabi watched her from where he was lying on Luana’s back. He was getting a bit heavy as he grew, especially with all of his fur, so it was not as easy for him to rest in between his Guardian’s fins and spines as it used to be. She grunted beneath him, and he rolled off her with a quick apology. “Nah, you’re fine, hatch,” Luana said, shooting him a quick grin. “If you wanna squish me with all your fluff, then you can.” “I’m not a hatchling anymore,” he grumbled, but Luana just laughed. He turned back to Treble, shaking out his mane. “What are you doing?” he asked. “Creating a proper camp,” she told him. She did not stop working as she spoke; she didn’t even look at him. “We need this to be a right dragon lair, fortified too. Dens there, a bit of water for drinking will be here, structures to protect all around, and a nursery in the back.” “A nursery! Who’s having a nest?” Gabi asked, excited. “I want a younger sister or brother to play with! We could - ” Luana stood up suddenly, cutting off her Charge’s words without realization. “I didn’t think we were going to stay here much longer.” Treble looked up then, her bright pink eyes narrowed. “Yes, we stay. You want to leave already? This will be a good home.” “There are other good homes – away from here,” Luana said. Her words were almost a hiss. A threat. Treble watched the Guardian coolly, before she turned away with a few Coatl hums under her breath. She took a moment to breathe before she spoke again. “We have settled here already, I thought,” she finally said in Draconic. Gabi stepped forward, sensing the tension between the two dragonesses. “Luana,” he said, turning to his Guardian. “I am not sure what’s going on – but I like it here. I think Treble’s idea is a good one. This place seems secure and safe, and there is plenty of food nearby. Both you and I eat plants – just look around! Plants are everywhere, we could [i]literally[/i] eat our nest… if we wanted to. Which I don’t. And Treble can fish in the streams over that way, right? Where else could we find such a great home? We’re lucky here, Luana! What are you worried about?” The Plague dragon scrunched her face, clearly about to say something distasteful. But as her Charge looked up at her with wide, pleading eyes, her face fell. She knew that what he was saying was all well and good, despite her great dislike for the Labyrinth. If it were any other dragon, she might disagree ferociously. But she could not say no to her Charge. The tension drained from her body as she realized that she would do what Gabi wanted. “Nothing,” she said with a sigh. “I’m not worried about anything.” She felt troubled inside, but she forced herself to smile pleasantly at her Charge. She ignored Treble completely. The debt she felt towards the Coatl for helping Gabi when they had first met was not forgotten, but for now it would lie dormant.[/columns][/indent] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy So yesterday I pulled a material, and I was so tired I thought it was a trinket, and I did a piece of art (I mean, I used a dollmaker for Treble). I was supposed to write, but didn't even have time for a small drabble either lol! Well, today Pink set me straight and gave me a trinket - art - and to make up for my mix-up yesterday, I'm writing today instead ^^;
Day {10}
|——————————————|

Iron Belt Buckle
Art
Treble bustled around the clearing, making a lot of noise.

Gabi watched her from where he was lying on Luana’s back. He was getting a bit heavy as he grew, especially with all of his fur, so it was not as easy for him to rest in between his Guardian’s fins and spines as it used to be. She grunted beneath him, and he rolled off her with a quick apology.

“Nah, you’re fine, hatch,” Luana said, shooting him a quick grin. “If you wanna squish me with all your fluff, then you can.”

“I’m not a hatchling anymore,” he grumbled, but Luana just laughed.

He turned back to Treble, shaking out his mane. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Creating a proper camp,” she told him. She did not stop working as she spoke; she didn’t even look at him. “We need this to be a right dragon lair, fortified too. Dens there, a bit of water for drinking will be here, structures to protect all around, and a nursery in the back.”

“A nursery! Who’s having a nest?” Gabi asked, excited. “I want a younger sister or brother to play with! We could - ”

Luana stood up suddenly, cutting off her Charge’s words without realization. “I didn’t think we were going to stay here much longer.”

Treble looked up then, her bright pink eyes narrowed. “Yes, we stay. You want to leave already? This will be a good home.”

“There are other good homes – away from here,” Luana said. Her words were almost a hiss. A threat.

Treble watched the Guardian coolly, before she turned away with a few Coatl hums under her breath. She took a moment to breathe before she spoke again. “We have settled here already, I thought,” she finally said in Draconic.

Gabi stepped forward, sensing the tension between the two dragonesses. “Luana,” he said, turning to his Guardian. “I am not sure what’s going on – but I like it here. I think Treble’s idea is a good one. This place seems secure and safe, and there is plenty of food nearby. Both you and I eat plants – just look around! Plants are everywhere, we could literally eat our nest… if we wanted to. Which I don’t. And Treble can fish in the streams over that way, right? Where else could we find such a great home? We’re lucky here, Luana! What are you worried about?”

The Plague dragon scrunched her face, clearly about to say something distasteful. But as her Charge looked up at her with wide, pleading eyes, her face fell. She knew that what he was saying was all well and good, despite her great dislike for the Labyrinth. If it were any other dragon, she might disagree ferociously. But she could not say no to her Charge.

The tension drained from her body as she realized that she would do what Gabi wanted.

“Nothing,” she said with a sigh. “I’m not worried about anything.” She felt troubled inside, but she forced herself to smile pleasantly at her Charge. She ignored Treble completely. The debt
she felt towards the Coatl for helping Gabi when they had first met was not forgotten, but for now it would lie dormant.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy

So yesterday I pulled a material, and I was so tired I thought it was a trinket, and I did a piece of art (I mean, I used a dollmaker for Treble). I was supposed to write, but didn't even have time for a small drabble either lol! Well, today Pink set me straight and gave me a trinket - art - and to make up for my mix-up yesterday, I'm writing today instead ^^;
1u3H6jas.png
@Clarax ohoho, the tensions have risen! Will the guardian be able to stay her course once the newness of chargehood fades? 83
@Clarax ohoho, the tensions have risen! Will the guardian be able to stay her course once the newness of chargehood fades? 83
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
@clarax Oh gosh, poor Luana. What is going to happen to them? :o
Gabi is so dang cute, I will never get over him and Lu. if one of them dies I will actually cry don't you do this to me

I should probably work on my pinkerlocke.. >,>
@clarax Oh gosh, poor Luana. What is going to happen to them? :o
Gabi is so dang cute, I will never get over him and Lu. if one of them dies I will actually cry don't you do this to me

I should probably work on my pinkerlocke.. >,>
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {11}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Woodland Acorn] 10-20 Matches[/center] [columns][indent] The next morning, Luana still felt uneasy and upset over the conflict from the previous day. She decided to take Gabi out for some battle practice, in an effort to shake out her scales. "Off to the training fields!" she said, a strained note in her voice in an attempt to be cheery. She did not invite Treble, who was just waking up on the other side of their small camp. Gabi trotted by the Guardian's side as they made their way out of camp. "When will I get to move to the woodland path?" Gabi asked, looking with longing across the stream to the shaded forest. Something rustled in the foliage, but it was too quick for Gabi to make out. "Not until you're ready," Luana said firmly, steering him towards the safer hills, rolling gently to the south. "Maybe in another day or two." [center]---[/center] Treble watched the two dragons leave camp, before she tutted under her breath. The Coatl had hoped that she could call them 'Clanmates' soon, but first they needed to make a Clan. They were not even proper denmates. [i]Ahh... [/i] She rose to paws and made her way to the stream. But when she got there, she realized she was not hungry. The shadows of fish darting this way and that was not appealing in that moment. Her tail twitched, and she turned away. Maybe she would just work on some of her studies and eat later. Spreading her wings wide, she took off, staying below the treeline. She flew absentmindedly, her gaze trained along the ground for some plants to gather. Most of the plantlife was not magical, and so her Arcane gaze slide right past it. But she saw something - something unusual. She paused in mid-air, contemplating. From this distance, it was hard to tell, and although she was curious, she knew to tread carefully when magic was concerned. She scanned the area, before deeming it safe to land. There was nobody else around - at least, no other dragon. Some small rodents scurried into the shadows as she approached the meadow. But she hardly noticed. There was a strange hole in the ground, where some soft leaves had been crushed underclaw. Their fragrance still clung to the air. Candling leaves. But it was not this which had caught her attention. She turned to gaze at the magical plants with interest. The long grass of the meadow was bright green, lush, aromatic. Bright spots of colour dotted the green, a mosaic of magic weaving through the area. Wildflowers danced in the breeze, their stems bowed to greet her, their broad leaves reaching to welcome her, their wide petals smiling in invitation. These flowers looked familiar... [/columns][/indent] -------- @Crobbin @/Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy @MoonlitLegacy Yes, tension indeed! I really hope they'll all be able to work and live together peacefully, but not even I know where this story will lead me :P @Fletcher I know, I really love all 3 of them so far! I hope nothing bad will happen to them (at least, not yet!) but Pinkerton will decide their fates, I suppose! and yes, I want to read the next installment of your Pinkerlocke when you have it ready :D
Day {11}
|——————————————|

Woodland Acorn
10-20 Matches
The next morning, Luana still felt uneasy and upset over the conflict from the previous day. She decided to take Gabi out for some battle practice, in an effort to shake out her scales. "Off to the training fields!" she said, a strained note in her voice in an attempt to be cheery. She did not invite Treble, who was just waking up on the other side of their small camp.

Gabi trotted by the Guardian's side as they made their way out of camp. "When will I get to move to the woodland path?" Gabi asked, looking with longing across the stream to the shaded forest. Something rustled in the foliage, but it was too quick for Gabi to make out.

"Not until you're ready," Luana said firmly, steering him towards the safer hills, rolling gently to the south. "Maybe in another day or two."
---

Treble watched the two dragons leave camp, before she tutted under her breath. The Coatl had hoped that she could call them 'Clanmates' soon, but first they needed to make a Clan. They were not even proper denmates. Ahh...

She rose to paws and made her way to the stream. But when she got there, she realized she was not hungry. The shadows of fish darting this way and that was not appealing in that moment. Her tail twitched, and she turned away.

Maybe she would just work on some of her studies and eat later. Spreading her wings wide, she took off, staying below the treeline. She flew absentmindedly, her gaze trained along the ground for some plants to gather. Most of the plantlife was not magical, and so her Arcane gaze slide right past it. But she saw something - something unusual. She paused in mid-air, contemplating. From this distance, it was hard to tell, and although she was curious, she knew to tread carefully when magic was concerned.

She scanned the area, before deeming it safe to land. There was nobody else around - at least, no other dragon. Some small rodents scurried into the shadows as she approached the meadow. But she hardly noticed. There was a strange hole in the ground, where some soft leaves had been crushed underclaw. Their fragrance still clung to the air. Candling leaves. But it was not this which had caught her attention. She turned to gaze at the magical plants with interest.

The long grass of the meadow was bright green, lush, aromatic. Bright spots of colour dotted the green, a mosaic of magic weaving through the area. Wildflowers danced in the breeze, their stems bowed to greet her, their broad leaves reaching to welcome her, their wide petals smiling in invitation. These flowers looked familiar...

@Crobbin @/Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy

@MoonlitLegacy Yes, tension indeed! I really hope they'll all be able to work and live together peacefully, but not even I know where this story will lead me :P

@Fletcher I know, I really love all 3 of them so far! I hope nothing bad will happen to them (at least, not yet!) but Pinkerton will decide their fates, I suppose! and yes, I want to read the next installment of your Pinkerlocke when you have it ready :D
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax aha, the plot thickens! I'm enjoying this new character.
@clarax aha, the plot thickens! I'm enjoying this new character.
63.png11.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {12}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Duelist Hilt] Art[/center] [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/V9NMDQi.png[/img] [/columns] -------- @/Crobbin @/Fletcher @/Spottedleaf125 @/Zerohour @/Silverhame @/stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy Tired and have a headache today. No writing, but here's a gijinka dollmaker for Luana, using the same dollmaker as before. :) (and this time, Pink actually gave me a trinket lol!)
Day {12}
|——————————————|

Duelist Hilt
Art
V9NMDQi.png

@/Crobbin @/Fletcher @/Spottedleaf125 @/Zerohour @/Silverhame @/stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy

Tired and have a headache today. No writing, but here's a gijinka dollmaker for Luana, using the same dollmaker as before. :) (and this time, Pink actually gave me a trinket lol!)
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

Nice updates! The gijinkas look nice! Hopefully Luana will start to be friendly to Treble soon!
@clarax

Nice updates! The gijinkas look nice! Hopefully Luana will start to be friendly to Treble soon!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {13}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles] Breed or Scroll a Dragon[/center] [columns][indent] Gabi raced Luana back to camp; she let him win, although he was panting and she hardly was out of breath as they both sat in camp. "Good practice." She nodded to him. He scuffed his paws along the grass. "I messed up on that attack you showed me, though. The feint, and then the double back to the flank-attack?" The Guardian shook her head. "Don't be too hard on yourself. I told you, you can't follow my move exactly. Our breeds don't fight the same - our size, our weight, even our stance. When you see me hop or side-step, you should try something that feels right to you. Maybe jump in the air, try to fly or glide over your opponent? You might need to be careful with that, though, it would leave your underside exposed to their claws and teeth. And then you should..." But Gabi had stopped listening. He was staring around camp, and a troubled expression crossed his features. He turned back to Luana, who had stopped speaking, picking up on her Charge's distress. "Where's Treble?" [center]---[/center] Treble roamed through the flowers for a time, entranced. She hadn't seen anything like this before. The flowers seemed almost too bright for this world - as if they had been painted with magic, each brushstroke caressing a separate petal and creating a unique flower, distinct from the next. The flowertops swayed and bobbed gently, and the sunlight streaming down from above seemed an iridescent marigold in the air, with streaks of spinner buttercup, blue-and-gold, visible above. The trees growing along the edge of the clearing did not lean in heavily over the meadow as they did elsewhere in the forest; the branches and foliage shied away, as if out of respect, awe, maybe fear. From here, Treble could look straight up and see the sky, fresh and clean and inviting as ever. It only succeeded in making the clearing lovelier still. She felt at home here, among such strong magic. The air was heavy with it, or most dragons might say. But she would disagree - to her, the magic was cool, light, refreshing. It played upon her feathers, easing off the warmth of the sun above. As she picked her way, she hummed quietly to herself in Coatl, an old song from her youth. Finally, she found a flower that caught her attention in a way the others had not - perhaps this was what had brought her here. It was a light thing, white petals as pale as moonlight, in some places nearly dark grey. There was a tinge of pale pink at each petal-tip, and a deep pink, almost red, at its center. "For me?" she whispered in Coatl, although there was nobody to respond. "I give my thanks." She reached down to the flower, about to snip its stem with her teeth. A heartbeat before she did, she paused and reconsidered. She was not willing to pluck it from its homeland; she could settle for admiring it from where she stood. But just as she grazed it with her wingtip, something shifted. The colour, already faint in the flower, faded fast, only to reappear as strange markings along her wings. The Coatl fainted in the field. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=9&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=1&winggene=16&wings=74&auth=c22bea6cb1e5978ddeaeb9c94043ed2990ac40f0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/center][/columns][/indent] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy I'm brewing a Spinner for Treble now! ^^ btw, [url=http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=75&bodygene=1&breed=8&element=5&gender=0&tert=75&tertgene=5&winggene=16&wings=167&auth=fd31721eb776de58532122e08185d4cada8364b6&dummyext=prev.png]this [/url]is the dragon on which I tested out the sun/sky colours in Treble's scene lol. He's Marigold/Buttercup XYX. I had the scrying shop open and then wondered if they had butter in Sorneith, and then found the colour Buttercup to work with instead... x)
Day {13}
|——————————————|

Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles
Breed or Scroll a Dragon
Gabi raced Luana back to camp; she let him win, although he was panting and she hardly was out of breath as they both sat in camp.

"Good practice." She nodded to him.

He scuffed his paws along the grass. "I messed up on that attack you showed me, though. The feint, and then the double back to the flank-attack?"

The Guardian shook her head. "Don't be too hard on yourself. I told you, you can't follow my move exactly. Our breeds don't fight the same - our size, our weight, even our stance. When you see me hop or side-step, you should try something that feels right to you. Maybe jump in the air, try to fly or glide over your opponent? You might need to be careful with that, though, it would leave your underside exposed to their claws and teeth. And then you should..."

But Gabi had stopped listening. He was staring around camp, and a troubled expression crossed his features. He turned back to Luana, who had stopped speaking, picking up on her Charge's distress.

"Where's Treble?"
---
Treble roamed through the flowers for a time, entranced.

She hadn't seen anything like this before. The flowers seemed almost too bright for this world - as if they had been painted with magic, each brushstroke caressing a separate petal and creating a unique flower, distinct from the next. The flowertops swayed and bobbed gently, and the sunlight streaming down from above seemed an iridescent marigold in the air, with streaks of spinner buttercup, blue-and-gold, visible above. The trees growing along the edge of the clearing did not lean in heavily over the meadow as they did elsewhere in the forest; the branches and foliage shied away, as if out of respect, awe, maybe fear. From here, Treble could look straight up and see the sky, fresh and clean and inviting as ever.

It only succeeded in making the clearing lovelier still.

She felt at home here, among such strong magic. The air was heavy with it, or most dragons might say. But she would disagree - to her, the magic was cool, light, refreshing. It played upon her feathers, easing off the warmth of the sun above.

As she picked her way, she hummed quietly to herself in Coatl, an old song from her youth. Finally, she found a flower that caught her attention in a way the others had not - perhaps this was what had brought her here. It was a light thing, white petals as pale as moonlight, in some places nearly dark grey. There was a tinge of pale pink at each petal-tip, and a deep pink, almost red, at its center.

"For me?" she whispered in Coatl, although there was nobody to respond. "I give my thanks."

She reached down to the flower, about to snip its stem with her teeth. A heartbeat before she did, she paused and reconsidered. She was not willing to pluck it from its homeland; she could settle for admiring it from where she stood. But just as she grazed it with her wingtip, something shifted. The colour, already faint in the flower, faded fast, only to reappear as strange markings along her wings.

The Coatl fainted in the field.
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=9&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=1&winggene=16&wings=74&auth=c22bea6cb1e5978ddeaeb9c94043ed2990ac40f0&dummyext=prev.png

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy

I'm brewing a Spinner for Treble now! ^^

btw, this is the dragon on which I tested out the sun/sky colours in Treble's scene lol. He's Marigold/Buttercup XYX. I had the scrying shop open and then wondered if they had butter in Sorneith, and then found the colour Buttercup to work with instead... x)
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax

Ooh, this was really interesting! That field seems strange... I wonder what it will mean for Treble? (Other than her getting spinner, of course. She looks great with it!) Very nice update! c:
@clarax

Ooh, this was really interesting! That field seems strange... I wonder what it will mean for Treble? (Other than her getting spinner, of course. She looks great with it!) Very nice update! c:
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14