Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sumatra's bio templates and customs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Sumatra

Understood! Thank you, regardless.
@Sumatra

Understood! Thank you, regardless.
@Firedawn

Done! Dragon preview is here, code is here. After puzzling over the theme, ended up making everything this pale yellow to sort of match your dragon; hopefully it turned out ok.

@excessnight

Starting on yours now! Would you like me to just incorporate the things you already have in her bio, or add anything (e.g. room for a longer backstory or art)?

Also, to everyone who's shown interest so far: if I were to open a shop, how much would you pay for one of these? Still hesitant because I put enough effort into these that I'd like for multiple people to be able to use them, but at the same time it would be nice to make some treasure. Advice?
@Firedawn

Done! Dragon preview is here, code is here. After puzzling over the theme, ended up making everything this pale yellow to sort of match your dragon; hopefully it turned out ok.

@excessnight

Starting on yours now! Would you like me to just incorporate the things you already have in her bio, or add anything (e.g. room for a longer backstory or art)?

Also, to everyone who's shown interest so far: if I were to open a shop, how much would you pay for one of these? Still hesitant because I put enough effort into these that I'd like for multiple people to be able to use them, but at the same time it would be nice to make some treasure. Advice?
09070661-F9A3-4D5F-AE78-35EBF843F64C.png
@Sumatra

Ohhh gosh, that is amazing- thank you so very much! @-@
@Sumatra

Ohhh gosh, that is amazing- thank you so very much! @-@
u2TWLA7.png
@Sumatra

Yes, please. I would say go ahead an add room for art and longer back story. For those who are interested in a similar theme, it also might benefit.

Personally? It's up to you. A shop can be stressful. For a decent bio code, I would pay anywhere between 30-50k. Depending on the actual time it takes you to make them (ie hours, minutes, etc) Incorporate that into the price. Don't sell yourself short if too many people say they want cheaper, it's about the effort you make. Heck, I've seen people charge more for just writing bios.
@Sumatra

Yes, please. I would say go ahead an add room for art and longer back story. For those who are interested in a similar theme, it also might benefit.

Personally? It's up to you. A shop can be stressful. For a decent bio code, I would pay anywhere between 30-50k. Depending on the actual time it takes you to make them (ie hours, minutes, etc) Incorporate that into the price. Don't sell yourself short if too many people say they want cheaper, it's about the effort you make. Heck, I've seen people charge more for just writing bios.
@Sumatra - I know slot's probably filled rn, but I'd like to ask a huge favour of a bio layout... It would be for five ghost-themed dragons, and I'd certainly tip generously for this one when you get to it, because these guys mean a great deal to me!! (also, your skill is just so impeccable I had to come back,,, gracious, Miriam's bio looks amazing??) I'm gonna give the info now, I hope that's ok? I'm totally fine waiting for my turn I just wanted to put this here before I got sidetracked or forgot hgjgfhf Basically, I'd like it to be themed around this girlie and her four companions; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26151955] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/261520/26151955_350.png[/img] [/url] She's purple, but her buddies are orange, white/black, blue, and pink. If you could alter the colours to match, that would be amazing?? If not, if you could tell me how to with just Mercy's code (aside from like. using photoshop to change the colours) that would also be fine! For anything extra having to do with the layout, if there could be relationship slots (three will do, five or six would blow my mind?? but i can copy-paste code if that's too many) and an art space that would be absolutely fantastic. Again I'm just putting this here so it doesn't skip my mind later, I'm totally fine with waiting and I hope giving this is still ok ;; ((edit; i also agree with the post above me? 50-100kt tbh, depending on how complex the bio will be, esp. if you have to like, hunt for non-coli resources a bit, etc. like my request is probably valued closer to 100k
@Sumatra - I know slot's probably filled rn, but I'd like to ask a huge favour of a bio layout... It would be for five ghost-themed dragons, and I'd certainly tip generously for this one when you get to it, because these guys mean a great deal to me!!
(also, your skill is just so impeccable I had to come back,,, gracious, Miriam's bio looks amazing??)

I'm gonna give the info now, I hope that's ok? I'm totally fine waiting for my turn I just wanted to put this here before I got sidetracked or forgot hgjgfhf

Basically, I'd like it to be themed around this girlie and her four companions;

26151955_350.png

She's purple, but her buddies are orange, white/black, blue, and pink. If you could alter the colours to match, that would be amazing?? If not, if you could tell me how to with just Mercy's code (aside from like. using photoshop to change the colours) that would also be fine!
For anything extra having to do with the layout, if there could be relationship slots (three will do, five or six would blow my mind?? but i can copy-paste code if that's too many) and an art space that would be absolutely fantastic.

Again I'm just putting this here so it doesn't skip my mind later, I'm totally fine with waiting and I hope giving this is still ok ;;

((edit; i also agree with the post above me? 50-100kt tbh, depending on how complex the bio will be, esp. if you have to like, hunt for non-coli resources a bit, etc. like my request is probably valued closer to 100k
friendship ended with spirals, now aethers are my best friendAnixAcf.png
@ghastimafrix

Slot's filled right now, but if no one else requests by the time it opens up again, then I'll get to you next. Glad you like Miriam's bio! (Honestly I'm proudest of that one, haha.)

So just so I understand correctly, you want the same layout for all of them, only recolored to match each? As to changing the colors, I can do that myself or you can--all I do is open the image in Preview (I have a Mac, don't know what the equivalent would be on PC) and play with the color settings until it looks like what I want.

And I know you said you'd tip, but just to be certain, I'd like to ask at least 30kt to be fair since you've already requested a free one.
@ghastimafrix

Slot's filled right now, but if no one else requests by the time it opens up again, then I'll get to you next. Glad you like Miriam's bio! (Honestly I'm proudest of that one, haha.)

So just so I understand correctly, you want the same layout for all of them, only recolored to match each? As to changing the colors, I can do that myself or you can--all I do is open the image in Preview (I have a Mac, don't know what the equivalent would be on PC) and play with the color settings until it looks like what I want.

And I know you said you'd tip, but just to be certain, I'd like to ask at least 30kt to be fair since you've already requested a free one.
Thank you both for your pricing suggestions! (Ghastimafrix, didn't see your edit until just now, oops.) I'll keep them in mind if I do decide to open a shop.

@excessnight

I've finished your bio. Not sure it's quite what you had in mind--I literally had no idea what "gothic" imagery entailed until I searched Google Images for it. Here's the dragon preview, and here's the code. Let me know if you'd like any changes.

@ghastimafrix

You're up next! I noticed Mercy has several pieces of art; do you want all of them incorporated in the bio? (Obviously there'd only be room for a small thumbnail of each, although they could be linked to the full-sized versions.) And if so, do you want the others to have four art slots as well, or only one?
Thank you both for your pricing suggestions! (Ghastimafrix, didn't see your edit until just now, oops.) I'll keep them in mind if I do decide to open a shop.

@excessnight

I've finished your bio. Not sure it's quite what you had in mind--I literally had no idea what "gothic" imagery entailed until I searched Google Images for it. Here's the dragon preview, and here's the code. Let me know if you'd like any changes.

@ghastimafrix

You're up next! I noticed Mercy has several pieces of art; do you want all of them incorporated in the bio? (Obviously there'd only be room for a small thumbnail of each, although they could be linked to the full-sized versions.) And if so, do you want the others to have four art slots as well, or only one?
@Sumatra woah. that's amazing. that fits what i was looking for so well. thank you very much.
@Sumatra woah. that's amazing. that fits what i was looking for so well. thank you very much.
@Sumatra nono, only one art slot, haha! my mistake!
However, if there could be a space for links to large pieces of art, that would be super cool :o
Yeah, same layouts, different colours.
And yep! I was planning 40k tbh, since this is a bigger job --
@Sumatra nono, only one art slot, haha! my mistake!
However, if there could be a space for links to large pieces of art, that would be super cool :o
Yeah, same layouts, different colours.
And yep! I was planning 40k tbh, since this is a bigger job --
friendship ended with spirals, now aethers are my best friendAnixAcf.png
@ghastimafrix

Oh man, got way too obsessive about the recoloring on this one. Feel free to mess with the colors yourself if anything still looks off.

Here's the gallery on imgur where you can preview all of the bios. And here's the coding for each: Mercy, Amity, Justice, Karma, and Courage.
@ghastimafrix

Oh man, got way too obsessive about the recoloring on this one. Feel free to mess with the colors yourself if anything still looks off.

Here's the gallery on imgur where you can preview all of the bios. And here's the coding for each: Mercy, Amity, Justice, Karma, and Courage.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14