Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Harsh Critique [closed]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49
@CanisMajoris

Try using smoother, longer, curved lines when defining your drawing especially when sketching with a pencil, pen, or thin brush. Take time while drawing - never rush! Take the time to add all those tiny little details. Your style best fits messy, large materials, such as paint, although that doesn't mean you won't be good when using other mediums. You have really good proportions and tons of potential :)
@CanisMajoris

Try using smoother, longer, curved lines when defining your drawing especially when sketching with a pencil, pen, or thin brush. Take time while drawing - never rush! Take the time to add all those tiny little details. Your style best fits messy, large materials, such as paint, although that doesn't mean you won't be good when using other mediums. You have really good proportions and tons of potential :)
tumblr_opn7kiKzTA1wnxxc9o1_100.pngfT9pA9Y.gifHW6ASYa.png07_SuperNinjaDragon.giftumblr_opn6d7mJiG1wnxxc9o1_100.png
@SuperNinjaDragon I hope you're still open to [s]roast[/s] critique people for free [url=http://hammercorn.deviantart.com/art/If-I-go-there-will-be-trouble-629309244][img]http://pre02.deviantart.net/785d/th/pre/i/2016/232/4/9/if_i_go_there_will_be_trouble_by_hammercorn-daeoa4c.png[/img][/url] For this I was trying to get more of a semi realistic (but not [i]that[/i] realistic) look instead of my usual toony look. I'm sure there are tons of things wrong that I haven't noticed.
@SuperNinjaDragon I hope you're still open to roast critique people for free

if_i_go_there_will_be_trouble_by_hammercorn-daeoa4c.png
For this I was trying to get more of a semi realistic (but not that realistic) look instead of my usual toony look. I'm sure there are tons of things wrong that I haven't noticed.
@superninjadragon

Heya I'm up for some critiques

vf8tp2.jpg

This is a sketch, so it's not exactly meant to be a full on art piece, but I would like some feedback on it <3 ( haha I'm pretty sure this is the best coatl I've done)

@superninjadragon

Heya I'm up for some critiques

vf8tp2.jpg

This is a sketch, so it's not exactly meant to be a full on art piece, but I would like some feedback on it <3 ( haha I'm pretty sure this is the best coatl I've done)

@SuperNinjaDragon Hello hello! Feel free to be as mean as you'd like, I don't mind XD [img]http://i.imgur.com/eUbz4LN.png[/img] I'm pretty new to digital art, so I'm anxious for critique o-o
@SuperNinjaDragon

Hello hello! Feel free to be as mean as you'd like, I don't mind XD

eUbz4LN.png

I'm pretty new to digital art, so I'm anxious for critique o-o

Ghost/Moon
She/Her | FR+2
xxxxx» Badges
xxxxx» Wishlist
xxxxx» Tumblr
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OlYbolu.pngazCt9EQ.pngyM06S2f.pngnsRz8Lr.png8YkGNAk.pngTSkGETk.pngBcLMO4j.pngzsz0bnG.pngwfMgRKw.pngXXkLSTQ.pngw0IsqjS.gifXXkLSTQ.png2gx7CnC.gifmduBMap.gifWFHePMt.gifJyDJ6GH.gifub6dp2n.pngOlYbolu.png
N51bip4.png

@SuperNinjaDragon Hey! I have some artwork i'd like judging on. This is super recent, I literally made it this morning. [img]http://i.imgur.com/shY2V4L.jpg[/img] Yes, I know it's quite messy, and that's what i'm currently working on- cleaning it up. I drew it with just my finger on a tiny phone screen. Excuse my large watermark :T What I was aiming for was just lineart of a made-up creature. Be as mean as you want, I can take it lol
@SuperNinjaDragon

Hey! I have some artwork i'd like judging on. This is super recent, I literally made it this morning.
shY2V4L.jpg
Yes, I know it's quite messy, and that's what i'm currently working on- cleaning it up. I drew it with just my finger on a tiny phone screen. Excuse my large watermark :T

What I was aiming for was just lineart of a made-up creature. Be as mean as you want, I can take it lol
16490.png JAXIECAT
-Hatchery
-Aesthetics
-Clan Lore //coming soon//
-Art Shop
@Hammercorn Yep, I'm still open! Time for harsh critique: [img]http://pre02.deviantart.net/785d/th/pre/i/2016/232/4/9/if_i_go_there_will_be_trouble_by_hammercorn-daeoa4c.png[/img] I think your line art looks a bit wobbly. To fix this, use the[i] [b]Correction[/b] (depending on the program it may have a different name)[b] tools [/b][/i]on your art program - this should automatically smoothen your lines. Your[b] shading [/b]seems a bit uneven and confusing: try your best to determine the light source and it's intensity. Anyhow, you have a great colouring style that looks real cute :3
@Hammercorn
Yep, I'm still open! Time for harsh critique:
if_i_go_there_will_be_trouble_by_hammercorn-daeoa4c.png
I think your line art looks a bit wobbly. To fix this, use the Correction (depending on the program it may have a different name) tools on your art program - this should automatically smoothen your lines.

Your shading seems a bit uneven and confusing: try your best to determine the light source and it's intensity.
Anyhow, you have a great colouring style that looks real cute :3
tumblr_opn7kiKzTA1wnxxc9o1_100.pngfT9pA9Y.gifHW6ASYa.png07_SuperNinjaDragon.giftumblr_opn6d7mJiG1wnxxc9o1_100.png
@Lycanror Let's take a look at [b]anatomy[/b]! [img]http://i63.tinypic.com/vf8tp2.jpg[/img] I think that the back of the [b]neck[/b] is a bit straight compared to the front of the neck. Be sure to get both sides of the neck curved the same/similar way. Eyes are slightly angled wrongly. Try drawing [b]guidelines[/b] so you and keep it right. Other than that, it looks amazing and proportions are good!
@Lycanror
Let's take a look at anatomy!
vf8tp2.jpg
I think that the back of the neck is a bit straight compared to the front of the neck. Be sure to get both sides of the neck curved the same/similar way.

Eyes are slightly angled wrongly. Try drawing guidelines so you and keep it right.
Other than that, it looks amazing and proportions are good!
@GhostFromTheMoon Your art looks beautiful - proportions, colour schemes and design are all top notch! [img]http://i.imgur.com/eUbz4LN.png[/img] However, to improve I got some tips for you: -[b] Vary the line art thickness[/b]: this will make it look more interesting and gives it some depth. Important details should be thicker while small details should be lined thinly. - Add more[b] shading[/b]: it'll make it look less 'flat'. Here's a good tutorial I posted a few times earlier [quote][img]http://img04.deviantart.net/3a2b/i/2012/337/0/a/the_do__s_and_don__t__s_of_shading_by_wickyw-d5mxo64.png[/img][/quote] -[b] Use different brushes [/b]- colours such as those in her hair look a bit odd and don't blend in. Try experimenting with different brushes of different [b]opacity[/b]. - Make the paint blotches in the background bigger/ more spread: this might improve the [b]composition[/b]. In fact, sometimes try avoiding using brushes which repeat (like brushes which replicate various blotches and leaves) as they can look boring or too repetitive.
@GhostFromTheMoon
Your art looks beautiful - proportions, colour schemes and design are all top notch!
eUbz4LN.png

However, to improve I got some tips for you:

- Vary the line art thickness: this will make it look more interesting and gives it some depth. Important details should be thicker while small details should be lined thinly.
- Add more shading: it'll make it look less 'flat'. Here's a good tutorial I posted a few times earlier
Quote:
the_do__s_and_don__t__s_of_shading_by_wickyw-d5mxo64.png

- Use different brushes - colours such as those in her hair look a bit odd and don't blend in. Try experimenting with different brushes of different opacity.
- Make the paint blotches in the background bigger/ more spread: this might improve the composition. In fact, sometimes try avoiding using brushes which repeat (like brushes which replicate various blotches and leaves) as they can look boring or too repetitive.
@JaxieCat No worries about that watermark: it's actually a smart choice to make a large watermark as people can easily claim art to be theirs nowadays. Anyways, let's take a look at what you've drawn: [img]http://i.imgur.com/shY2V4L.jpg[/img] [b]Perspective[/b]'s just a tad wonky on the left leg, although I didn't notice it at all when I first glanced at it. Line art is also messy and wobbly. You did mention that you drew this on your phone screen so it's understandable. I'm not sure how to fix wobbliness while drawing on a phone screen but I know [b]drawing lines quickly can make the lines smoother[/b]. Also try zooming in to get rid of those annoying leftover lines. However, you have nice proportions and imagination - so keep going! :)
@JaxieCat
No worries about that watermark: it's actually a smart choice to make a large watermark as people can easily claim art to be theirs nowadays. Anyways, let's take a look at what you've drawn:
shY2V4L.jpg

Perspective's just a tad wonky on the left leg, although I didn't notice it at all when I first glanced at it.
Line art is also messy and wobbly. You did mention that you drew this on your phone screen so it's understandable. I'm not sure how to fix wobbliness while drawing on a phone screen but I know drawing lines quickly can make the lines smoother. Also try zooming in to get rid of those annoying leftover lines.

However, you have nice proportions and imagination - so keep going! :)
@SuperNinjaDragon

thank you! sorry for the delay- I meant to respond sooner but lost the notification heh

I can think of some ways to add more ^^ I'm glad to hear the clouds one is good to go- I wasn't too sure what else to do with it but still felt antsy about sending it onward lol

That line on the lightning bottle was bugging me too. I was so worried about it being too small. I shoulda just gone with my first instinct! LOL Thank you for helping me nail done a few changes. I agree with 'em all.

I'll give you a ping once I get the nerve up to go forward with these ^^ Thanks again.
@SuperNinjaDragon

thank you! sorry for the delay- I meant to respond sooner but lost the notification heh

I can think of some ways to add more ^^ I'm glad to hear the clouds one is good to go- I wasn't too sure what else to do with it but still felt antsy about sending it onward lol

That line on the lightning bottle was bugging me too. I was so worried about it being too small. I shoulda just gone with my first instinct! LOL Thank you for helping me nail done a few changes. I agree with 'em all.

I'll give you a ping once I get the nerve up to go forward with these ^^ Thanks again.
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49