Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | So You Think You Can Write
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187
@Tacodoodle That's alright! Goodnight!

My internet cut out for a few minutes and I was just like, "Nooo they're gonna think I abandoned them~. DD:" Haha, off to write for this prompt! And then I'll probably head to bed as well. :)
@Tacodoodle That's alright! Goodnight!

My internet cut out for a few minutes and I was just like, "Nooo they're gonna think I abandoned them~. DD:" Haha, off to write for this prompt! And then I'll probably head to bed as well. :)
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
~L. Frank Baum
It started in second period.

Ms. Bower was droning on about some vague war. Kieran drummed his pencil against his desk, too impatient to sit still, too well-versed on the curriculum to take notes. Lorelai, who had repeatedly hissed at him to quit that with his pencil, was glaring at him from across the room, having given up on attempting to stop him.

It came, all of a sudden, and rather inconveniently, if you had asked him. There was no low murmur that picked up into a roar--whoever had decided this was a good idea, whoever had decided to bestow this... this... gift (to use the word loosely) on him had decided to plop him right down into the middle of it.

It was like stepping into an ice cold shower. Voices assaulted him from every side, everything from Ugh, I can't wait until this class ends to World War II fueled America's rise to power--yes that makes sense, write that down to Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide... It was too much, too much, too much. Desperately, so desperately, he covered his ears with his hands, but that, predictably, did absolutely nothing.

Whoever had coined the phrase "reading people's minds" was clearly not a mindreader, because it's far less like reading and far more like hearing and... sensing and it was making Kieran go crazy.

Lorelai was beginning to look at him oddly now, and Kieran could hear her wondering about what was up with him. Kieran raised his hand.

"Yes?" Ms. Bower paused her rambling to look at him. Kieran knew that she was wondering if he was alright.

"May I go to the bathroom?" Kieran asked, amazing himself with how smoothly the words slid out.

"Yes, take the pass," Ms. Bower said, the lines on her face smoothing. She kept her eye on him for a second, before moving on.

Kieran gratefully slid out of his seat, closing his eyes in another desperate attempt to shut out the flood of stimuli. He walked as quickly as he could get away with, as quickly as he could without drawing glances. Except, he didn't go to the bathroom.

The voices (senses? minds?) followed him. They bled through like the walls were nothing. He needed to get away, away, away.

He stood at the edge of the roof. It was quite unclear how he had got there, but he knew what to do.

He got away from the voices.
It started in second period.

Ms. Bower was droning on about some vague war. Kieran drummed his pencil against his desk, too impatient to sit still, too well-versed on the curriculum to take notes. Lorelai, who had repeatedly hissed at him to quit that with his pencil, was glaring at him from across the room, having given up on attempting to stop him.

It came, all of a sudden, and rather inconveniently, if you had asked him. There was no low murmur that picked up into a roar--whoever had decided this was a good idea, whoever had decided to bestow this... this... gift (to use the word loosely) on him had decided to plop him right down into the middle of it.

It was like stepping into an ice cold shower. Voices assaulted him from every side, everything from Ugh, I can't wait until this class ends to World War II fueled America's rise to power--yes that makes sense, write that down to Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide... It was too much, too much, too much. Desperately, so desperately, he covered his ears with his hands, but that, predictably, did absolutely nothing.

Whoever had coined the phrase "reading people's minds" was clearly not a mindreader, because it's far less like reading and far more like hearing and... sensing and it was making Kieran go crazy.

Lorelai was beginning to look at him oddly now, and Kieran could hear her wondering about what was up with him. Kieran raised his hand.

"Yes?" Ms. Bower paused her rambling to look at him. Kieran knew that she was wondering if he was alright.

"May I go to the bathroom?" Kieran asked, amazing himself with how smoothly the words slid out.

"Yes, take the pass," Ms. Bower said, the lines on her face smoothing. She kept her eye on him for a second, before moving on.

Kieran gratefully slid out of his seat, closing his eyes in another desperate attempt to shut out the flood of stimuli. He walked as quickly as he could get away with, as quickly as he could without drawing glances. Except, he didn't go to the bathroom.

The voices (senses? minds?) followed him. They bled through like the walls were nothing. He needed to get away, away, away.

He stood at the edge of the roof. It was quite unclear how he had got there, but he knew what to do.

He got away from the voices.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bleeding Heart Crow she/her.xvi.gemini
Wow, she's so pretty.

What? Who said that? I peered over my cup of coffee at the people inside this shop. There were only a few suspects.

The barista was staring at the front door, looking bored. I could hear him singing to himself, but his lips didn't seem to be moving.

There was a businessman in a fancy suit, on his fancy laptop. He was letting his coffee go cold, apparently having forgotten about it. He was cursing at someone, probably a coworker, for not doing his part. That is inappropriate, sir, I thought. There is a woman with a baby next to you.

The mother didn't seem to notice, drinking her coffee almost robotically. She was wondering why she was awake right now, instead of wondering why her baby wouldn't shut up.

Feeling frustrated, I looked to the last person. A woman across from me was staring at me, her hands wrapped around her large mug. When we made eye contact, she blushed and looked down. Ahh, she's looking at me! But her lips didn't move?

I suddenly felt embarrassed, not being used to this...attention. And this...ability to hear what isn't being said out loud, I guess. Oh, that will surely be bothersome before too long.

Maybe I can leave when she does, and then we can have a conversation! I looked back at the woman. She was pretty cute when she was flustered. I smirked and quickly finished my coffee.
Wow, she's so pretty.

What? Who said that? I peered over my cup of coffee at the people inside this shop. There were only a few suspects.

The barista was staring at the front door, looking bored. I could hear him singing to himself, but his lips didn't seem to be moving.

There was a businessman in a fancy suit, on his fancy laptop. He was letting his coffee go cold, apparently having forgotten about it. He was cursing at someone, probably a coworker, for not doing his part. That is inappropriate, sir, I thought. There is a woman with a baby next to you.

The mother didn't seem to notice, drinking her coffee almost robotically. She was wondering why she was awake right now, instead of wondering why her baby wouldn't shut up.

Feeling frustrated, I looked to the last person. A woman across from me was staring at me, her hands wrapped around her large mug. When we made eye contact, she blushed and looked down. Ahh, she's looking at me! But her lips didn't move?

I suddenly felt embarrassed, not being used to this...attention. And this...ability to hear what isn't being said out loud, I guess. Oh, that will surely be bothersome before too long.

Maybe I can leave when she does, and then we can have a conversation! I looked back at the woman. She was pretty cute when she was flustered. I smirked and quickly finished my coffee.
~L. Frank Baum
Sorry @Tacodoodle! My internet went out again right after I posted that haha. But here's my post!

@favvn Ahh, yours is so good! And probably what would happen if someone could read everyone's mind haha.
Sorry @Tacodoodle! My internet went out again right after I posted that haha. But here's my post!

@favvn Ahh, yours is so good! And probably what would happen if someone could read everyone's mind haha.
~L. Frank Baum
@coyearth @favvn
WOW your posts are amazing, I don't know if I can choose...! I love your ending, favvn, and there's just a general feeling of good-heartedness to coyearth's post. It's incredibly hard to choose, but I'm going to have to go with coyearth as this winner- just because it's so cute. Good job, both of you! :)
@coyearth @favvn
WOW your posts are amazing, I don't know if I can choose...! I love your ending, favvn, and there's just a general feeling of good-heartedness to coyearth's post. It's incredibly hard to choose, but I'm going to have to go with coyearth as this winner- just because it's so cute. Good job, both of you! :)
hdEgTfF.gif5caOtnS.gifTvGyETb.gif
Aw, yayyy. :3 I guess I'll just go ahead and post a prompt? This seems like a good way to do it, so that everyone can write whenever they have time.

Prompt: Moving out

Write something in 10 minutes and then post it when you're done. :3
Aw, yayyy. :3 I guess I'll just go ahead and post a prompt? This seems like a good way to do it, so that everyone can write whenever they have time.

Write something in 10 minutes and then post it when you're done. :3
~L. Frank Baum
@coyearth @favvn
~~~~~~
Ah, finally! Today is the day. As a Appiper, I am quite glad- in fact, my entire squadron is. Our bodies are old and dilapidated, the "hair" has turned silver and frayed, the skin has sagged, and we can feel the bones tremble and creak as we attempt to move. Luckily, after today, we will be refurbished! Rejuvenated! Moved!
I scan the crowd of humans intently. That one is too old. Too young. Too- ew, ugly. And then I spot her. Lucious hair, strong, muscled arms, healthy by all means. She is young, but not incapable. I follow her for a while, making sure another Appiper does not take her. She turns to walk into a shaded park. Brilliant, she's done the hard work for me! She sits on a bench with a book, and puts one "earbud" in to listen to a song I can hear from where I am beginning the move.
I writhe and squirm vigorously, flexing my tentacles. The body shudders and, with a quick snap, dies instantly and painlessly. I exit through the mouth with a quiet blorp noise, and wriggle towards the girl.
Within seconds it is done- this is not my first move, in fact, it's my fourth. Grab the head, enter the mouth, knock them out momentarily to quiet them. Humans are such screamers. I latch on gently to the spine, and extend a tentacle to her brain. Wait... Wait... And we're online. I force her up, and begin walking out of the park, towards the rendezvous of the newly moved Appipers and registry. I fish around in her brain for a moment. Her name is Abigail. I smile. Hello, Abigail, we're going to have such fun together.
@coyearth @favvn
~~~~~~
Ah, finally! Today is the day. As a Appiper, I am quite glad- in fact, my entire squadron is. Our bodies are old and dilapidated, the "hair" has turned silver and frayed, the skin has sagged, and we can feel the bones tremble and creak as we attempt to move. Luckily, after today, we will be refurbished! Rejuvenated! Moved!
I scan the crowd of humans intently. That one is too old. Too young. Too- ew, ugly. And then I spot her. Lucious hair, strong, muscled arms, healthy by all means. She is young, but not incapable. I follow her for a while, making sure another Appiper does not take her. She turns to walk into a shaded park. Brilliant, she's done the hard work for me! She sits on a bench with a book, and puts one "earbud" in to listen to a song I can hear from where I am beginning the move.
I writhe and squirm vigorously, flexing my tentacles. The body shudders and, with a quick snap, dies instantly and painlessly. I exit through the mouth with a quiet blorp noise, and wriggle towards the girl.
Within seconds it is done- this is not my first move, in fact, it's my fourth. Grab the head, enter the mouth, knock them out momentarily to quiet them. Humans are such screamers. I latch on gently to the spine, and extend a tentacle to her brain. Wait... Wait... And we're online. I force her up, and begin walking out of the park, towards the rendezvous of the newly moved Appipers and registry. I fish around in her brain for a moment. Her name is Abigail. I smile. Hello, Abigail, we're going to have such fun together.
This looks interesting, can I join?
This looks interesting, can I join?
dNCLmdm.png
I'd love to join too!
I'd love to join too!
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
@Kapara @Moonwater
Sure, that would be great! The more people that write, the better! :) It might be hard getting multiple people on at once again, but I think it would be awesome if more than 2 or 3 people were writing simultaneously.
@Kapara @Moonwater
Sure, that would be great! The more people that write, the better! :) It might be hard getting multiple people on at once again, but I think it would be awesome if more than 2 or 3 people were writing simultaneously.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 186 187