Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24
@bellzan @Tarble @acheronta @WorldOfOurOwn @SinMachine @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Tria91 @Draginraptor

Your entries for June 19 have all been recorded! Draginraptor, don't worry about yours being late--16 seconds isn't something I'm going to be all that picky about.

Prizes will be awarded in a few hours.

@Haoang20082 @Draginraptor @Basilius

Your entries for June 20 have been recorded!

Basilius, if you could please use the default font, I would appreciate it; I have difficulty reading the font you have selected. Sorry!
@bellzan @Tarble @acheronta @WorldOfOurOwn @SinMachine @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Tria91 @Draginraptor

Your entries for June 19 have all been recorded! Draginraptor, don't worry about yours being late--16 seconds isn't something I'm going to be all that picky about.

Prizes will be awarded in a few hours.

@Haoang20082 @Draginraptor @Basilius

Your entries for June 20 have been recorded!

Basilius, if you could please use the default font, I would appreciate it; I have difficulty reading the font you have selected. Sorry!
@Vely Darn, I like it. I got you, though.
@Vely Darn, I like it. I got you, though.
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
@Basilius

Thank you!
@Basilius

Thank you!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=72586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/726/72586_350.png[/img] [/url] "Hmm," Sigyn said, peering at the collection of artifacts Nimmi had in front of her and wrinkling her nose. She glanced at the flames that hung in the air around her and turned the light drizzle into clouds of steam before it could dampen her fur. With a twist of her head, she directed the flames to better shelter her head and face from the rain, allowing her to see a little more clearly. She spent a few moments picking up each of the items, until finally she came to the marble bust of the Lightweaver. She lifted it with surprising ease - but when she upended the whole thing, it turned out not to be made of marble at all! It was a wooden framework with a thin, paper-like substance over the top that only appeared like marble. The whole thing was actually hollow. Sigyn frowned for a moment, turning it over in her paws - and then she saw the Sacridite and the purpose of the thing fell into place. "Ah, I see," she murmured as she picked up the softly glowing Sacridite and reached into the bust with it, feeling around inside with an expression of intense concentration. Within the bust, her questing claws found a little cradle made to hold the shard. With a decisive nod, she placed the Sacridite into it, and then turned the statue back the right way up and placed it down. "There: now you see that Lightweaver has started to glow because of the Sacridite inside the statue?" she said with a smile. The Lightweaver statue was indeed glowing with a soft and gentle light that permeated through the papery sides of the bust. Her eyes shone particularly brightly, but they had a kindly expression. "This is a night-light for hatchlings!" Sigyn explained. "Their wishes and dreams keep the Sacridite's glow constant all through the night. It is quite a lovely idea, actually - and I'm sure it makes the little ones feel safe, knowing that they have Lightweaver watching over them. I wonder how they made the material covering the bust look so much like marble?"

72586_350.png

"Hmm," Sigyn said, peering at the collection of artifacts Nimmi had in front of her and wrinkling her nose. She glanced at the flames that hung in the air around her and turned the light drizzle into clouds of steam before it could dampen her fur. With a twist of her head, she directed the flames to better shelter her head and face from the rain, allowing her to see a little more clearly. She spent a few moments picking up each of the items, until finally she came to the marble bust of the Lightweaver.

She lifted it with surprising ease - but when she upended the whole thing, it turned out not to be made of marble at all! It was a wooden framework with a thin, paper-like substance over the top that only appeared like marble. The whole thing was actually hollow. Sigyn frowned for a moment, turning it over in her paws - and then she saw the Sacridite and the purpose of the thing fell into place.

"Ah, I see," she murmured as she picked up the softly glowing Sacridite and reached into the bust with it, feeling around inside with an expression of intense concentration. Within the bust, her questing claws found a little cradle made to hold the shard.

With a decisive nod, she placed the Sacridite into it, and then turned the statue back the right way up and placed it down.

"There: now you see that Lightweaver has started to glow because of the Sacridite inside the statue?" she said with a smile.

The Lightweaver statue was indeed glowing with a soft and gentle light that permeated through the papery sides of the bust. Her eyes shone particularly brightly, but they had a kindly expression.

"This is a night-light for hatchlings!" Sigyn explained. "Their wishes and dreams keep the Sacridite's glow constant all through the night. It is quite a lovely idea, actually - and I'm sure it makes the little ones feel safe, knowing that they have Lightweaver watching over them. I wonder how they made the material covering the bust look so much like marble?"
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/pC40RJ2.jpg[/img] [i]An old golden collar with small ornamental leaves. It seems to have been recently unearthed as sacridite has begun to grow on its surface. Probably worn as ceremonial jewelry in the past.[/i][/center]
pC40RJ2.jpg

An old golden collar with small ornamental leaves. It seems to have been recently unearthed as sacridite has begun to grow on its surface. Probably worn as ceremonial jewelry in the past.
earthflower.pngfood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.giffood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifearthflower.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/uQkdBVJ.png[/img] [size=6]June 19[/size] Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone. This event is off to a great start and there are so many fantastic entries. Congratulations to @Egress for winning the merit prize for June 19! @Valoria and @Haoang20082 have won the raffle prizes for today. [quote]View Egress's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/2#post_20842966]here[/url]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20194322] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201944/20194322_350.png[/img] [/url] "But wait!" she calls loud In your mind casting doubt As she pulls up a chest Shining inside and out A blanket to cover Those terrible things Pushing them all aside And hiding them with her wings "You have completed this task Though done without glee Now I find it my turn To give you something for free." [item=Gilded Decorative Chest][/quote] But wait--what's this? [quote][item=Leftover Residue] Despite any toxins that may be present in mysterious old perfumes, this creature seems just as unbothered by them as @MagpieScholar's Hyksos and has decided to follow her home! View MagpieScholar's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/2#post_20847811]here[/url]. [/quote] [quote][item=Living Sculpture] Thought @SinMachine's Leytae seems to distrust whispering, moving artifacts, one of them has taken a liking to him, crawling out from behind the stacks of boxes and chests and following him home. See SinMachine's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/5#20865332]here[/url].[/quote] We have decided to hand out familiars as additional prizes for entries that stand out to us due to either our personal tastes or the effort put into them, thanks to the volume of entries we are receiving! There were 23 entries for June 19.[/center] [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell [/size]
uQkdBVJ.png

June 19

Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone. This event is off to a great start and there are so many fantastic entries.

Congratulations to @Egress for winning the merit prize for June 19! @Valoria and @Haoang20082 have won the raffle prizes for today.

Quote:
View Egress's entry here.

20194322_350.png

"But wait!" she calls loud
In your mind casting doubt
As she pulls up a chest
Shining inside and out

A blanket to cover
Those terrible things
Pushing them all aside
And hiding them with her wings

"You have completed this task
Though done without glee
Now I find it my turn
To give you something for free."

Gilded Decorative Chest

But wait--what's this?

Quote:
Leftover Residue

Despite any toxins that may be present in mysterious old perfumes, this creature seems just as unbothered by them as @MagpieScholar's Hyksos and has decided to follow her home!

View MagpieScholar's entry here.
Quote:
Living Sculpture

Thought @SinMachine's Leytae seems to distrust whispering, moving artifacts, one of them has taken a liking to him, crawling out from behind the stacks of boxes and chests and following him home.

See SinMachine's entry here.

We have decided to hand out familiars as additional prizes for entries that stand out to us due to either our personal tastes or the effort put into them, thanks to the volume of entries we are receiving! There were 23 entries for June 19.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z1SmSJX.png[/img][/center] [quote]A Lightweaver mask, used in plays or ceremonies. Carved from stone, to symbolize the eternity of the god, with a gilded collar for her wealth of knowledge, framed with Amaranth leaves for the bounty of truth. The decorated eyes of the mask are the centerpiece, representing the Lightweaver's all-seeing eyes. The eyepiece is detachable from the inside, with lenses made of thin slices of Sacridite with a frame of bronze. A dragon wearing these glasses would, in theatric symbolism, have "the Lightweaver's sight" - the desire and ability to search for and sift the truth from the chaff.[/quote]
Z1SmSJX.png
Quote:
A Lightweaver mask, used in plays or ceremonies.

Carved from stone, to symbolize the eternity of the god, with a gilded collar for her wealth of knowledge, framed with Amaranth leaves for the bounty of truth. The decorated eyes of the mask are the centerpiece, representing the Lightweaver's all-seeing eyes.

The eyepiece is detachable from the inside, with lenses made of thin slices of Sacridite with a frame of bronze. A dragon wearing these glasses would, in theatric symbolism, have "the Lightweaver's sight" - the desire and ability to search for and sift the truth from the chaff.
QQnBZuq.gif
@Vely

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to see the announcement in style! That was my first Gilded Decorative Chest to boot! This is a wonderful event and I am enjoying seeing all the other replies as well. Thank you so much for hosting this!
@Vely

I cannot tell you how delighted I was to see the announcement in style! That was my first Gilded Decorative Chest to boot! This is a wonderful event and I am enjoying seeing all the other replies as well. Thank you so much for hosting this!
Why not buy XXY? :
24778463.png 24627854.png 25221357.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12746645] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127467/12746645_350.png[/img] [/url] Ophelia came across a poem around here that explained these. She digs around in her coat for it for a moment before she hands it over. "It's a fun one. Couldn't wait to tell it at home." 'A marble bust, brave and bold, was worshiped as sacred in days of old. And at its base was a glittering jewel Of a fallen hero Whose deeds where so cool! And as dragons prayed to be just like him In crept the sacridite to cover the gem So the bust was then covered in a glittering shell And people forgot the stories as the elders fell Until it was one day uncovered with a crash! and a bang! The hatchling's glasses were lost with a crunch! and a clang! For he had found the hero's gem And the pedestal that held it toppled on its rim A harrowing moment passed until the wind grew slack And the bust fell to settle in the hatchling's snack.'

12746645_350.png

Ophelia came across a poem around here that explained these. She digs around in her coat for it for a moment before she hands it over. "It's a fun one. Couldn't wait to tell it at home."
'A marble bust,
brave and bold,
was worshiped as sacred
in days of old.

And at its base was a glittering jewel
Of a fallen hero
Whose deeds where so cool!

And as dragons prayed to be just like him
In crept the sacridite to cover the gem

So the bust was then covered in a glittering shell
And people forgot the stories as the elders fell

Until it was one day uncovered with a crash! and a bang!
The hatchling's glasses were lost with a crunch! and a clang!
For he had found the hero's gem
And the pedestal that held it toppled on its rim
A harrowing moment passed until the wind grew slack
And the bust fell to settle in the hatchling's snack.'

+2 FR Time9WVlRqD.pngJqHoSDf.pngkdG9S1E.pngwgJgfCm.png4HGY8mP.png3UCY1gQ.pngC1FGmDr.png6Qf9OJI.pngc7j6Wql.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B648Ttg.png[/img] [b]Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.[/b] [i]I've returned to the Artifact stand again today. It's pouring down rain, but I don't mind, I needed a good shower anyhow. This time there's an intimidating Ridgeback, but she seems a little nicer than the Nocturne.[/i] [color=#6d6837]"Hi there! Need some help identifying these things? Wait, of course you do, you just asked- never mind. I'll try. Hmmm.... The amaranth is less an artifact, and more a terrible-tasting food. However, some dragons and beastclans used to weave it into necklaces, bracelets and crowns, as the smell would keep enemies away. Most also wore nose plugs. Sacridite is a mystical stone, with legends surrounding it. It is said to spread when someone nearby is wishing. While I rarely see this gold color, I often find depleted sacridite near the lair I live in. Although I've seen older ones, this bust of the Lightweaver is quite recently made. I'd say ten years old at most, likely newer. Dragons are always carving statues of their sacred deities. The spectacles and collar are rather ordinary on their own, BUT, if you were to find two collars, you could substitute the ruby-like gems for lenses. They tint everything red, but they also have a calming quality to them." [/color] While the Ridgeback studied the artifacts a bit more closely, Lindi flew off, journal in hand. [i]Not quite as entertain as yesterday, but still a good quiz for my mind. Definitely coming back again.[/i] [/center]
B648Ttg.png

Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.

I've returned to the Artifact stand again today. It's pouring down rain, but I don't mind, I needed a good shower anyhow. This time there's an intimidating Ridgeback, but she seems a little nicer than the Nocturne.

"Hi there! Need some help identifying these things? Wait, of course you do, you just asked- never mind. I'll try. Hmmm....

The amaranth is less an artifact, and more a terrible-tasting food. However, some dragons and beastclans used to weave it into necklaces, bracelets and crowns, as the smell would keep enemies away. Most also wore nose plugs.

Sacridite is a mystical stone, with legends surrounding it. It is said to spread when someone nearby is wishing. While I rarely see this gold color, I often find depleted sacridite near the lair I live in.

Although I've seen older ones, this bust of the Lightweaver is quite recently made. I'd say ten years old at most, likely newer. Dragons are always carving statues of their sacred deities.

The spectacles and collar are rather ordinary on their own, BUT, if you were to find two collars, you could substitute the ruby-like gems for lenses. They tint everything red, but they also have a calming quality to them."

While the Ridgeback studied the artifacts a bit more closely, Lindi flew off, journal in hand.

Not quite as entertain as yesterday, but still a good quiz for my mind. Definitely coming back again.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23 24