Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wsz5RVL.png[/img][/center] [quote]A small perfume orb, commonly used as decoration in the lairs of affluent dragons. A hollow magical crystal is carved with aesthetically pleasing and fortunate runes, charmed to glow, and filled with a scented sludge. The rune-shaped openings allow the scent to escape, while the feathers help distribute the aroma and add to the visual appeal. These baubles are strung with cord and tied up to serve as illumination, decoration, and occasionally, aromatherapy. These artifacts are also found in a few religious sites. The core sludge would be infused with incense, and the magically enhanced scent would be both more pungent and longer-lasting than traditional incenses.[/quote]
Wsz5RVL.png
Quote:
A small perfume orb, commonly used as decoration in the lairs of affluent dragons. A hollow magical crystal is carved with aesthetically pleasing and fortunate runes, charmed to glow, and filled with a scented sludge. The rune-shaped openings allow the scent to escape, while the feathers help distribute the aroma and add to the visual appeal. These baubles are strung with cord and tied up to serve as illumination, decoration, and occasionally, aromatherapy.

These artifacts are also found in a few religious sites. The core sludge would be infused with incense, and the magically enhanced scent would be both more pungent and longer-lasting than traditional incenses.
QQnBZuq.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21760874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/217609/21760874_350.png[/img] [/url] The guardian looked up in surprise, when Zap first spoke to him. "Oh, pardon me. I was simply looking over the artifacts. I-I didn't mean to insinuate that I was going to volunteer . . ." he said softly, as the Nocturne continued to speak over him. "Um, well, I suppose I could give it a try?" he said, offering a tentative smile. He then shifted his attention down towards the items in front of him and pondered what they could possibly mean. "Oh! Well, um, actually believe it or not I've seen something similar to this while on my travels. You see, the runes on this crystal ball . . . I think they're supposed to reference one of the eleven deities. When the dragons of a clan wanted to call upon their deity for help, they would write the ancient Dragontongue symbols representing their deity and perform a ritual. Judging from the other items here, I'd say that this specific set-up would be used to call . . . The Windsinger." Kalis blushed a bit, though it was barely visible through his Maroon skin. "Though that may just be because I'm a little biased. I am from the Wind flight, after all, and we've been missing him dearly," he confessed. "Still, assuming that these all came in a set, it is very similar to a ritual that I saw when travelling through the Windswept Plateau. These feather fans here? They were used in a dance around the center, where the crystal ball would be placed. The elegant dances, both on the ground and in the air, were supposed to help our hopes and dreams reach the Windsinger. As we danced, the flapping of the fans would push out a breeze in all directions, so that no matter where the Windsinger was, he would be able to hear us. "They were coupled with the incense, which were placed near the center, surrounding the crystal ball. The burning showed a transfer from solid thoughts, trapped within us, to the free-form smoke that could travel throughout the air to reach the Windsinger. The smoke would rise up through the center and be released out by the dancing performed by the members of the clan." "Er, as for the other two items I'm not sure. I've only seen these three items on my travels. But still, I hope that I helped you in your research. Good luck with finding out their meanings!" he said, before giving a shy smile and moving back into the crowd of the festival.

21760874_350.png

The guardian looked up in surprise, when Zap first spoke to him.

"Oh, pardon me. I was simply looking over the artifacts. I-I didn't mean to insinuate that I was going to volunteer . . ." he said softly, as the Nocturne continued to speak over him.

"Um, well, I suppose I could give it a try?" he said, offering a tentative smile. He then shifted his attention down towards the items in front of him and pondered what they could possibly mean.

"Oh! Well, um, actually believe it or not I've seen something similar to this while on my travels. You see, the runes on this crystal ball . . . I think they're supposed to reference one of the eleven deities. When the dragons of a clan wanted to call upon their deity for help, they would write the ancient Dragontongue symbols representing their deity and perform a ritual. Judging from the other items here, I'd say that this specific set-up would be used to call . . . The Windsinger."

Kalis blushed a bit, though it was barely visible through his Maroon skin. "Though that may just be because I'm a little biased. I am from the Wind flight, after all, and we've been missing him dearly," he confessed.

"Still, assuming that these all came in a set, it is very similar to a ritual that I saw when travelling through the Windswept Plateau. These feather fans here? They were used in a dance around the center, where the crystal ball would be placed. The elegant dances, both on the ground and in the air, were supposed to help our hopes and dreams reach the Windsinger. As we danced, the flapping of the fans would push out a breeze in all directions, so that no matter where the Windsinger was, he would be able to hear us.

"They were coupled with the incense, which were placed near the center, surrounding the crystal ball. The burning showed a transfer from solid thoughts, trapped within us, to the free-form smoke that could travel throughout the air to reach the Windsinger. The smoke would rise up through the center and be released out by the dancing performed by the members of the clan."

"Er, as for the other two items I'm not sure. I've only seen these three items on my travels. But still, I hope that I helped you in your research. Good luck with finding out their meanings!" he said, before giving a shy smile and moving back into the crowd of the festival.
@Vely (June 19th) ----- [columns][i]What in the Eleven is all this? I don't trust it at all frankly, no ancient artifacts should- Ah! [b]None[/b] should be moving! *sigh* I guess I'll have to take a look at these anyhow...[/i][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13540949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/135410/13540949.png[/img][/url][/columns] ----- [center][item=golden glow alchemist tools] Moonlight dim in the shadow of the forest Forest bright with the light of the moon One might deal with the struggles of a sore wrist Etching in the cobblestone, Alchemist's Rune In goes a copper penny, shiny and new In goes my old and forgotten dreams In goes a bent and rusted silver horseshoe Out comes an item it so oddly seems [item=crystal ball] An orb so bright, so ridiculously bright Don't look too close, you don't want to see What they whisper so sweet in the dark of night Is only a farce of what can be Made with the runes, with dreams, rust, and lovely shine Your own creation, don't you trust it Give it what it wishes, don't forget the time Out comes the monster thing with candle fire lit [item=ancestral incense] "I am the thing from the crystal prison hell I am the thing you made and set free I am the thing that knows all and all I'll tell Your heart belongs in an old oak tree" Blow the thing away, get it out, make it stop Voices in your head, whispering near Climb up, climb high to the big tall tree top Look out, look far, don't ever feel fear [item=yellow sludge] Look at your hands, they're nothing but golden slime No, don't panic, just look to the sky Your cheeks may be slipping, your eyes may be blind A smile on your face, keep your head high You're starting to drip all the way down the bark And yet you have never felt better A glorious journey on which you'll embark Slip from the branches, free of fetter [item=decorative feather fan] You're already gone by the time you hit ground Already gone in a poof of down Soft gold fluttering low with nary a sound Come rest on the soil of deep dark brown The thing from the ball and the Alchemist's Runes With the magic of lies and smoke Finds in the feathers a little beating heart Placing it softly in the old oak...[/center] ----- [columns][i]Gods, I was right, wasn't I? You only have to [b]touch[/b] these things and suddenly they're telling you their life stories. Honestly, I can't be bothered with this. And- oh- ah, that one is still moving. Right, yes, well, I must be going! I''m sure you understand, ah... Take good care of those things. Oh! And don't listen to the whispers.[/i][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13540949] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/135410/13540949.png[/img][/columns]
@Vely (June 19th)
What in the Eleven is all this? I don't trust it at all frankly, no ancient artifacts should- Ah! None should be moving! *sigh* I guess I'll have to take a look at these anyhow...
13540949.png

Golden Glow Alchemist Tools

Moonlight dim in the shadow of the forest
Forest bright with the light of the moon
One might deal with the struggles of a sore wrist
Etching in the cobblestone, Alchemist's Rune

In goes a copper penny, shiny and new
In goes my old and forgotten dreams
In goes a bent and rusted silver horseshoe
Out comes an item it so oddly seems

Crystal Ball
An orb so bright, so ridiculously bright
Don't look too close, you don't want to see
What they whisper so sweet in the dark of night
Is only a farce of what can be

Made with the runes, with dreams, rust, and lovely shine
Your own creation, don't you trust it
Give it what it wishes, don't forget the time
Out comes the monster thing with candle fire lit

Ancestral Incense
"I am the thing from the crystal prison hell
I am the thing you made and set free
I am the thing that knows all and all I'll tell
Your heart belongs in an old oak tree"

Blow the thing away, get it out, make it stop
Voices in your head, whispering near
Climb up, climb high to the big tall tree top
Look out, look far, don't ever feel fear

Yellow Sludge
Look at your hands, they're nothing but golden slime
No, don't panic, just look to the sky
Your cheeks may be slipping, your eyes may be blind
A smile on your face, keep your head high

You're starting to drip all the way down the bark
And yet you have never felt better
A glorious journey on which you'll embark
Slip from the branches, free of fetter

Decorative Feather Fan
You're already gone by the time you hit ground
Already gone in a poof of down
Soft gold fluttering low with nary a sound
Come rest on the soil of deep dark brown

The thing from the ball and the Alchemist's Runes
With the magic of lies and smoke
Finds in the feathers a little beating heart
Placing it softly in the old oak...

Gods, I was right, wasn't I? You only have to touch these things and suddenly they're telling you their life stories. Honestly, I can't be bothered with this. And- oh- ah, that one is still moving. Right, yes, well, I must be going! I''m sure you understand, ah... Take good care of those things. Oh! And don't listen to the whispers.
13540949.png
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq yfR9mSB.png 1vAtYxM.png
PVehrz5.png
nBUwvfz.png
OxagJgG.png
wpdJhcQ.png
YMPbu9R.png
oIjWdvD.png
@Vely [u][b]June 19[/b][/u] [br] ----- [br] [center][item=Ancestral incense][url=http://i.imgur.com/rhzTPnP.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/VzJmQdn.png[/img][/url][Item=Crystal Ball] [br] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14084791][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/140848/14084791p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=#ffffff]_[nextcol][color=#c6538c]Ancestral incense has traditionally been used to communicate with one's ancestors, but combined with a seer's orb, that traditionally is used to predict the future, one no longer communicates with the elders. Instead of communicating with beings that passed a long ago, you may now commune with your [i]future self [/i]for a brief moment. This doesn't always work and when it [i]does[/i] work, it's considered taboo to mention one has succeeded. ''Why is it taboo?'' you may ask. Well, the ancestral incense can only invoke [i]the dead[/i], which means that if you succeed to invoke yourself, that would prove that you may die ...[i]''earlier''[/i]... *she lets out a small chuckle*, in life than you expected. Many beings go mad trying to[i] ''cheat'' [/i]death, without realizing that there's no way to escape our [i][u]destined future[/u][/i].[/color][/columns]
@Vely June 19

Ancestral Incense VzJmQdn.png Crystal Ball

14084791p.png _ Ancestral incense has traditionally been used to communicate with one's ancestors, but combined with a seer's orb, that traditionally is used to predict the future, one no longer communicates with the elders. Instead of communicating with beings that passed a long ago, you may now commune with your future self for a brief moment.

This doesn't always work and when it does work, it's considered taboo to mention one has succeeded. ''Why is it taboo?'' you may ask. Well, the ancestral incense can only invoke the dead, which means that if you succeed to invoke yourself, that would prove that you may die ...''earlier''... *she lets out a small chuckle*, in life than you expected. Many beings go mad trying to ''cheat'' death, without realizing that there's no way to escape our destined future.
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
@Vely (June 19) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "Cymbeline, why did you delete our last post?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "That interpretation was not appropriate in a school setting! I refuse to get our band in trouble with the authorities." Donalbain chuckles, "We're already knee deep in trouble with the authorities. What's one more offense? Plus, the artifacts are obviously ana-" "Stop!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] Miranda sighs, rubbing her temples, "Well, we need another interpretation of these items if we are going to bring glory to the marching band. Any ideas?" Miranda scans the other two dragons, receiving blank stares in return. Exasperates, she speaks, "Well, I have an idea. It was a part of a young alchemist's initiation ceremony. The glowing orbs? Containers for the materials that the fledgling alchemist made. The sludge was most likely one of the resulting materials. The fan might have been in line to be transmuted, but something interrupted the ceremony, most likely. And the incense was obviously an appeal for good luck from the apprentice to their ancestors." Cymbeline cocks his head, "What about the ball?" Miranda sighs, "I have no idea why that would be present," she looks around the table for a moment, "Wait, where's the ball?" Donalbain, who has slunk off to a random corner, calls out, "I have it! Just going to test that theory we had earlier..." "NO! That is not appropriate in a school environment!"
@Vely (June 19)

24160581_350.png

"Cymbeline, why did you delete our last post?"

23044890_350.png

"That interpretation was not appropriate in a school setting! I refuse to get our band in trouble with the authorities."

Donalbain chuckles, "We're already knee deep in trouble with the authorities. What's one more offense? Plus, the artifacts are obviously ana-"

"Stop!"

21958937_350.png

Miranda sighs, rubbing her temples, "Well, we need another interpretation of these items if we are going to bring glory to the marching band. Any ideas?"

Miranda scans the other two dragons, receiving blank stares in return.

Exasperates, she speaks, "Well, I have an idea. It was a part of a young alchemist's initiation ceremony. The glowing orbs? Containers for the materials that the fledgling alchemist made. The sludge was most likely one of the resulting materials. The fan might have been in line to be transmuted, but something interrupted the ceremony, most likely. And the incense was obviously an appeal for good luck from the apprentice to their ancestors."

Cymbeline cocks his head, "What about the ball?"

Miranda sighs, "I have no idea why that would be present," she looks around the table for a moment, "Wait, where's the ball?"

Donalbain, who has slunk off to a random corner, calls out, "I have it! Just going to test that theory we had earlier..."

"NO! That is not appropriate in a school environment!"
1WhYQHt.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dkChKum.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/zoigJKQ.jpg[/img] Because my handwriting is pretty bad and my awful phone camera doesn't help, I'll put some descriptions for each picture! Beware, they got pretty long. I'm also very tired so the descriptions get less... description-y as they go on. Also forgive any issues with meters, I'm an American and I don't have a good handle on metric lengths yet @~@ In short: the toolbag is, well, a toolbag. The globe things hold glitter and the gourd thing holds the Yellow Sludge. The Fan is ceremonial and has a jewel in the... pommel? The Runed Ball is like an etched crystal divining rod/sphere. The Incense is incense, but induces a trance when lit. [s]please dont smoke the artifacts[/s] ----- Image #1: pencil drawing of alchemist's tools closed in upper left corner. On the lid of the bag is a semicircle with part of an inscribed triangle and inside that part of an inscribed square. From the lid hang three circular containers, each bound with string and tied to the inside of the lid. From the strap hangs a gourd. Drawing is heavily annotated. Length, width, and height are all listed. Straps are not drawn, but there is a note telling that there is a 1.5m strap on the bag. Caption reads: Artefact #1 ---- ---- ---- Material: leather, primarily. Embroidery, bone, and metal are also present. Dimensions (length, height, width): ~.5m x ~.5m x ~.25m Age: [s]really old[/s] unknown, will need dating Slightly below this are small drawings of the three globes. They are labeled a, b, and c. Caption reads: Glass globes, each ~1/3m diameter a. holds ceredae sparkle b. holds unicorn dust c. holds unknown Mixture? Ashes? To the right of this are the three globes, drawn in more detail. Caption reads: Artefacts 2, 3, 4 To the right of this are two drawings of the gourd, one a side view and one a top view. The side view has the height and length marked. The top view has the widths of both the smaller half and the larger half marked. Caption reads: Artefact #5 ---- ---- ---- gourd. Metal hook in top, latched into strap. Upper half screws off. Dimensions are: Height: ~2/3m Length: ~1/6m Upper width: ~1/3m Lower width: ~2/3m Below this are two drawings of the bottom half of the gourd, showing that it is hollow. The first drawing is mostly profile, but does allow a small view into the gourd. To the right of the first drawing is the second, which shows a substance inside the gourd. Caption reads: Inside is hollowed out, contains dried yellow goop. Goop is opaque and matte. Unknown if it is dried all the way or simply coated over. The bottom left corner reads: Recorders: Luce and Noctua [indent][indent]Astrum[/indent] [color=white] . . . [/color]Daena Moeraini [indent]♥[/indent][/indent] ----- Image #2: in the upper left corner is a drawing of the bag with the lid open, revealing a Light symbol on the front. Very little is labeled. The flipped back lid is labeled as such. The embem has a note that it is sewn-on silk. There is a small piece of bone, labeled as a clasp (as seen in the first picture). To the right of that is a drawing of a feather fan from the front. Next of it to the right is a crude drawing of the fan in profile with the lengths labeled. The caption reads: Artefact #6 ---- ---- ---- Feathered fan. Ornamental. Longer feathers are wing feathers, shorter ones are- oh whatever I'll ask Jace, I don't know about feathers. Handle is brass, probably. Set with a large faceted citrine. Very pretty. Dimensions are: total length: ~.5m small feathers + handle: ~.25m Below the drawing of the bag is a drawing of an incense boat drawn in profile. Only the length is labeled. Caption reads: Artefact #7 ---- ---- ---- Incense boat. Brass. Set with 8 faceted citrine, 1 in front, 1 in back, 3 on each side. Sparsely decorated otherwise. Heavy! Length: ~1/4m To the right is a single scribbly drawing of what is presumably an incense stick. It is sparsely labeled. Caption reads: Arfetact 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- Incense sticks. There's 5 of them. They are likely hallucinogenic. I'm tired. I'll let Jace do the recording, I'm packing up. Screw professionalism. Daena OUT. Dimensions: the stick is labeled "actual size"
dkChKum.jpg
zoigJKQ.jpg

Because my handwriting is pretty bad and my awful phone camera doesn't help, I'll put some descriptions for each picture! Beware, they got pretty long. I'm also very tired so the descriptions get less... description-y as they go on. Also forgive any issues with meters, I'm an American and I don't have a good handle on metric lengths yet @~@
In short: the toolbag is, well, a toolbag. The globe things hold glitter and the gourd thing holds the Yellow Sludge. The Fan is ceremonial and has a jewel in the... pommel? The Runed Ball is like an etched crystal divining rod/sphere. The Incense is incense, but induces a trance when lit. please dont smoke the artifacts

Image #1: pencil drawing of alchemist's tools closed in upper left corner. On the lid of the bag is a semicircle with part of an inscribed triangle and inside that part of an inscribed square. From the lid hang three circular containers, each bound with string and tied to the inside of the lid. From the strap hangs a gourd. Drawing is heavily annotated. Length, width, and height are all listed. Straps are not drawn, but there is a note telling that there is a 1.5m strap on the bag. Caption reads:
Artefact #1
---- ---- ----
Material: leather, primarily. Embroidery, bone, and metal are also present.
Dimensions (length, height, width): ~.5m x ~.5m x ~.25m

Slightly below this are small drawings of the three globes. They are labeled a, b, and c.
Caption reads:
Glass globes, each ~1/3m diameter
a. holds ceredae sparkle
b. holds unicorn dust
c. holds unknown Mixture? Ashes?

To the right of this are the three globes, drawn in more detail. Caption reads:
Artefacts 2, 3, 4

To the right of this are two drawings of the gourd, one a side view and one a top view. The side view has the height and length marked. The top view has the widths of both the smaller half and the larger half marked. Caption reads:
Artefact #5
---- ---- ----
gourd. Metal hook in top, latched into strap. Upper half screws off.
Dimensions are:
Height: ~2/3m
Length: ~1/6m
Upper width: ~1/3m
Lower width: ~2/3m

Below this are two drawings of the bottom half of the gourd, showing that it is hollow. The first drawing is mostly profile, but does allow a small view into the gourd. To the right of the first drawing is the second, which shows a substance inside the gourd. Caption reads:
Inside is hollowed out, contains dried yellow goop.
Goop is opaque and matte. Unknown if it is dried all the way or simply coated over.

The bottom left corner reads:
Recorders: Luce and Noctua
Astrum
. . . Daena Moeraini

Image #2: in the upper left corner is a drawing of the bag with the lid open, revealing a Light symbol on the front. Very little is labeled. The flipped back lid is labeled as such. The embem has a note that it is sewn-on silk. There is a small piece of bone, labeled as a clasp (as seen in the first picture).

To the right of that is a drawing of a feather fan from the front. Next of it to the right is a crude drawing of the fan in profile with the lengths labeled. The caption reads:
Artefact #6
---- ---- ----
Feathered fan. Ornamental. Longer feathers are wing feathers, shorter ones are- oh whatever I'll ask Jace, I don't know about feathers. Handle is brass, probably. Set with a large faceted citrine. Very pretty.
Dimensions are:
total length: ~.5m
small feathers + handle: ~.25m

Below the drawing of the bag is a drawing of an incense boat drawn in profile. Only the length is labeled. Caption reads:
Artefact #7
---- ---- ----
Incense boat. Brass. Set with 8 faceted citrine, 1 in front, 1 in back, 3 on each side. Sparsely decorated otherwise. Heavy!
Length: ~1/4m

To the right is a single scribbly drawing of what is presumably an incense stick. It is sparsely labeled. Caption reads:
Arfetact 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Incense sticks. There's 5 of them. They are likely hallucinogenic. I'm tired. I'll let Jace do the recording, I'm packing up. Screw professionalism. Daena OUT.
Dimensions: the stick is labeled "actual size"

Midnight Oil Lamp

— he/him
— FR+2
— doing my silly little tasks
avi
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22378641] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/223787/22378641_350.png[/img] [/url] "My, my... wonderful specimens you have here..." Ignoring Zap's annoyed look, Bloodwater began setting out the items in front of her. "This is most definitely materials for an ancient style of Necromancing, for when you want something more... permanent; I've heard about it from my ancestors, thanks to this little guy here..." [item=Ancestral Incense] "...which is also important for channelling a spirit to act as the core." [item=Crystal Ball] "Speaking of a core, this crystal ball will do nicely for housing the spirit." The fan of feathers ruffled in her claws. "Of course, you need a body for your core, and animals --dead or alive-- were always big favourites." [b][size=2]"Not that it stopped anyone from using dragons though."[/size][/b] "[i]Ahem[/i]. Not that these feathers would make for much, anyway." She picked up the bag and bottles of sludge. "And finally, something to hold it all together." She poured some of the slimy yellow substance into her claw, testing its viscosity. "This is strong stuff, though primitive. Holds bodies together pretty well." "Well, is that enough? Need a demonstration?" At this, she cracked an evil smile.

22378641_350.png

"My, my... wonderful specimens you have here..."

Ignoring Zap's annoyed look, Bloodwater began setting out the items in front of her.

"This is most definitely materials for an ancient style of Necromancing, for when you want something more... permanent; I've heard about it from my ancestors, thanks to this little guy here..."
Ancestral Incense
"...which is also important for channelling a spirit to act as the core."

Crystal Ball
"Speaking of a core, this crystal ball will do nicely for housing the spirit."

The fan of feathers ruffled in her claws.

"Of course, you need a body for your core, and animals --dead or alive-- were always big favourites."

"Not that it stopped anyone from using dragons though."

"Ahem. Not that these feathers would make for much, anyway."

She picked up the bag and bottles of sludge.

"And finally, something to hold it all together."
She poured some of the slimy yellow substance into her claw, testing its viscosity.

"This is strong stuff, though primitive. Holds bodies together pretty well."

"Well, is that enough? Need a demonstration?"

At this, she cracked an evil smile.
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21513415] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/215135/21513415_350.png[/img] [/url] "Seriously? You can't tell what this is? Even I can tell what this is, and I'm not even a Light dragon." The Pearlcatcher tosses her head back, pink eyes full of disdain. "It's a marble bust of the Lightweaver, silly, [i]your own god[/i]. Sure, it's kind of covered in barnacles and there's bits of glass where her eyes should be, but the resemblance is still pretty obvious. Dear Arcanist, I can't believe you can't recognise the [i]Lightweaver[/i]. Like, you realise she's the deity who's been voted Most Recognisable Deity for the last fifteen [i]years[/i] by Sornieth Daily News, right? I'm kind of glad there's only me and Anastasia now, the Light dragons in my clan would have [i]heart attacks[/i] if they saw this." Primavera sniffs, the beads on her silk scarf jangling. "Talk about shameful. Now, since I'm here, I may as well take a stab at the other things. Wait, you do realise these things still grow, right?" She plucks a clawful of soggy amaranth seeds from the chest. "You never had this as a hatchling? Lucky fish eaters, you lot, I grew up feeding these to Ivor. They're disgusting. [i]Disgusting[/i]. I've ate overripe cherries with better flavour! These are greenstripe amaranth, grow in a few select regions, I guess they're kind of healthy but they're disgusting. You should be [i]so[/i] glad you're not a plant eater. If you were, I'd bet a million treasure your parents would have tried feeding you this at some point. Ugh." She visibly shudders at the memory. "Anyway, I have no clue what the rest of these are, they look like something only a weird collector dragon might enjoy. Maybe you can sacrifice them to the Tidelord or something, I really don't think anyone wants to buy broken glasses. The ones that do must be really dedicated glasses collectors."

21513415_350.png

"Seriously? You can't tell what this is? Even I can tell what this is, and I'm not even a Light dragon." The Pearlcatcher tosses her head back, pink eyes full of disdain. "It's a marble bust of the Lightweaver, silly, your own god. Sure, it's kind of covered in barnacles and there's bits of glass where her eyes should be, but the resemblance is still pretty obvious. Dear Arcanist, I can't believe you can't recognise the Lightweaver. Like, you realise she's the deity who's been voted Most Recognisable Deity for the last fifteen years by Sornieth Daily News, right? I'm kind of glad there's only me and Anastasia now, the Light dragons in my clan would have heart attacks if they saw this."

Primavera sniffs, the beads on her silk scarf jangling. "Talk about shameful. Now, since I'm here, I may as well take a stab at the other things. Wait, you do realise these things still grow, right?" She plucks a clawful of soggy amaranth seeds from the chest. "You never had this as a hatchling? Lucky fish eaters, you lot, I grew up feeding these to Ivor. They're disgusting. Disgusting. I've ate overripe cherries with better flavour! These are greenstripe amaranth, grow in a few select regions, I guess they're kind of healthy but they're disgusting. You should be so glad you're not a plant eater. If you were, I'd bet a million treasure your parents would have tried feeding you this at some point. Ugh." She visibly shudders at the memory.

"Anyway, I have no clue what the rest of these are, they look like something only a weird collector dragon might enjoy. Maybe you can sacrifice them to the Tidelord or something, I really don't think anyone wants to buy broken glasses. The ones that do must be really dedicated glasses collectors."
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
(My previous submission was late, but I'm submitting earlier this time!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20567262] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205673/20567262_350.png[/img] [/url] "Heyyyyyyyy!" Came the shrill voice of Bysmirth, the clan's excitable courier. With lightning fast claws, he swiped the bust off the table, and shook it about. "DO YOU SEE THIS? It's really dirty and grimy and stuff, but it reminds me of a bust at my clan doc's place! His was really shiny and polished though!" He grabbed the glasses and plopped them on his face, the fragile frame seemingly ready to snap. "I always ask him why he's got a marble bust of the Windsinger when we've already got [b]beautiful[/b] painted vases!" He set the old bust down, and used his claws to imitate someone talking, complimented by his natural abilities of mimicry. "And you know what he says? He'll go yapping on and [b]on[/b]... [i]'As a doctor, I made an oath to my deity to care for my patients, as should other doctors to their deities. This bust is a reminder that...'[/i]; and then he'll spout so much nonsense about what some age-old dragon once said. I think his name was H--- Heep--- Hy-Ip-O-Cry-Tus? Or something weird like that!" Bysmirth put the glasses down and started poking at the Amaranth and Sacridite instead. "The doc uses this stuff as meds too. Except his don't look so dry and nasty. They're pretty good you know! Works better than what the [b]other[/b] doc cooks up in that batty Pearlcatcher's pot sometimes too!" "Speaking of Pearlcatchers, I think my herb-loving doc once mentioned that the 'Hypocreets' dragon was a Light Pearlcatcher! Now maybe... this stuff used to belong to him! I mean, Light dragons are bright[size=2](teehee)[/size], right? [b]AND[/b] Pearlcatchers are Lightweaver's children, right?!? It would all make sense! Wow! I think this is a breakthrough! And [b]I[/b] helped! Me! Will I get credit for my discovery? Huh? Huh?!" Bysmirth was absolutely ecstatic, and wouldn't stop hopping up and down. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/202265/20226450.png[/img] [b]"BYYYSSSSMMMIIIIIIIIRRRTHHHHHH!!!!!"[/b] Bysmirth suddenly froze wide-eyed and fearful, wings flattening against his back. "Cripes! That's Possal! Oh no, not Clan Mom!" "BYSMIRTH! This is your final warning! I swear to the eleven, if you don't come here [b]right now[/b]..." He quickly turned to leave, but not before picking up the Golden Collar, asking, "Mind if I [i]'borrow'[/i] this, my Ridgie friend?"
(My previous submission was late, but I'm submitting earlier this time!)

20567262_350.png

"Heyyyyyyyy!"

Came the shrill voice of Bysmirth, the clan's excitable courier.
With lightning fast claws, he swiped the bust off the table, and shook it about.

"DO YOU SEE THIS? It's really dirty and grimy and stuff, but it reminds me of a bust at my clan doc's place! His was really shiny and polished though!"

He grabbed the glasses and plopped them on his face, the fragile frame seemingly ready to snap.

"I always ask him why he's got a marble bust of the Windsinger when we've already got beautiful painted vases!"

He set the old bust down, and used his claws to imitate someone talking, complimented by his natural abilities of mimicry.

"And you know what he says? He'll go yapping on and on... 'As a doctor, I made an oath to my deity to care for my patients, as should other doctors to their deities. This bust is a reminder that...'; and then he'll spout so much nonsense about what some age-old dragon once said. I think his name was H--- Heep--- Hy-Ip-O-Cry-Tus? Or something weird like that!"

Bysmirth put the glasses down and started poking at the Amaranth and Sacridite instead.

"The doc uses this stuff as meds too. Except his don't look so dry and nasty. They're pretty good you know! Works better than what the other doc cooks up in that batty Pearlcatcher's pot sometimes too!"

"Speaking of Pearlcatchers, I think my herb-loving doc once mentioned that the 'Hypocreets' dragon was a Light Pearlcatcher! Now maybe... this stuff used to belong to him! I mean, Light dragons are bright(teehee), right? AND Pearlcatchers are Lightweaver's children, right?!? It would all make sense! Wow! I think this is a breakthrough! And I helped! Me! Will I get credit for my discovery? Huh? Huh?!"

Bysmirth was absolutely ecstatic, and wouldn't stop hopping up and down.

20226450.png

"BYYYSSSSMMMIIIIIIIIRRRTHHHHHH!!!!!"

Bysmirth suddenly froze wide-eyed and fearful, wings flattening against his back.

"Cripes! That's Possal! Oh no, not Clan Mom!"

"BYSMIRTH! This is your final warning! I swear to the eleven, if you don't come here right now..."

He quickly turned to leave, but not before picking up the Golden Collar, asking,
"Mind if I 'borrow' this, my Ridgie friend?"
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
[b]June 20th entry[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23767347] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237674/23767347_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23274975] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/232750/23274975_350.png[/img] [/url] Helios and Weave were well-known by the various clans for being a pair of playful scamps: every day, they'd go out and scavenge, gathering stones and trinkets. Sometimes they would find eggs, and sometimes, they wouldn't: though every day they managed to take home something of value. In this case, it was a marble bust. Depicting (according to Weave), the one and only Lightweaver. "He looks odd," Helios remarked, inspecting the figurine closely. "There's [i]dents[/i]." "The Lightweaver's a she, you twatter," was Weave's polite response, whereupon Helios hit him upon the head with said figurine. A golden collar was amongst the treasure—through which Helios had eagerly stuck his head before inevitably realising it was actually too small. This caused his face to turn slightly blue. It was a matter of luck, Weave said wisely, Helios' face was blue already, so no-one would notice anyway. The third object they had brought home that day, was some sort of stone, or perhaps a mineral. Weave said it was called sacridite. Helios then proceeded to make an attempt at pronouncing this word. He failed, miserably. Even when he put the shattered spectacles upon his nose, he could only utter as much as "scardite". Perhaps it was the collar, preventing blood to flow to his brains. "I thought these were supposed to make you clever," Helios muttered, prodding at the spectacles. "It doesn't work like that," Weave said. He would know—after all [i]he[/i] was the clever one. "You are [i]not[/i] the clever one," said Helios. "Well, I am," said Weave. "You are not," Helios said. This continued for some while—eventually, their sentences got broken down into the simple words "am" and "are not", until the sun went down, and they both had to go home, otherwise risking an encounter with Roc.
June 20th entry

23767347_350.png

23274975_350.png

Helios and Weave were well-known by the various clans for being a pair of playful scamps: every day, they'd go out and scavenge, gathering stones and trinkets. Sometimes they would find eggs, and sometimes, they wouldn't: though every day they managed to take home something of value.
In this case, it was a marble bust. Depicting (according to Weave), the one and only Lightweaver.
"He looks odd," Helios remarked, inspecting the figurine closely. "There's dents."
"The Lightweaver's a she, you twatter," was Weave's polite response, whereupon Helios hit him upon the head with said figurine.
A golden collar was amongst the treasure—through which Helios had eagerly stuck his head before inevitably realising it was actually too small. This caused his face to turn slightly blue. It was a matter of luck, Weave said wisely, Helios' face was blue already, so no-one would notice anyway.
The third object they had brought home that day, was some sort of stone, or perhaps a mineral. Weave said it was called sacridite. Helios then proceeded to make an attempt at pronouncing this word. He failed, miserably. Even when he put the shattered spectacles upon his nose, he could only utter as much as "scardite". Perhaps it was the collar, preventing blood to flow to his brains.
"I thought these were supposed to make you clever," Helios muttered, prodding at the spectacles.
"It doesn't work like that," Weave said. He would know—after all he was the clever one.
"You are not the clever one," said Helios.
"Well, I am," said Weave.
"You are not," Helios said.
This continued for some while—eventually, their sentences got broken down into the simple words "am" and "are not", until the sun went down, and they both had to go home, otherwise risking an encounter with Roc.
Ef84x2q.png ozDAjIE.png
znuJtTb.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24