Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24
Whee! Thank you, @Vely!
Whee! Thank you, @Vely!
oRYE0vS.pngwj5ThaV.png 28609671391_baae3aef01_o.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19954755] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199548/19954755_350.png[/img] [/url] Kael studies the artifacts for a moment, then pulls out his sketch book. "These make up a ghost trap, and the wards for it." [img]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7791/27256300863_324db3bed5_o.jpg[/img] "Here, you see, it should be obvious. There would have been 4 runes, guarding the four corners of the trap. The skull is from a ghost - a hound of some sort - caught in the trap. The Lux Spectre would stand guard, and the Lightweaver jewelry would also be a weapon, in case you needed to burn the ghost with the light of a thousand suns. And the pocket watch? Well, it was still for telling time, of course, but this one would have been tuned to spell time. You might ask an Arcane dragon about the details. "

19954755_350.png

Kael studies the artifacts for a moment, then pulls out his sketch book.

"These make up a ghost trap, and the wards for it."

27256300863_324db3bed5_o.jpg

"Here, you see, it should be obvious. There would have been 4 runes, guarding the four corners of the trap. The skull is from a ghost - a hound of some sort - caught in the trap.

The Lux Spectre would stand guard, and the Lightweaver jewelry would also be a weapon, in case you needed to burn the ghost with the light of a thousand suns.

And the pocket watch? Well, it was still for telling time, of course, but this one would have been tuned to spell time. You might ask an Arcane dragon about the details. "
[center][size=6]June 24[/size][/center] [quote]More troubling news reaches the docks. Stormy weather has spread unnaturally, with wild suspicions that the curse is going to cause monumental natural disasters. There’s even been word of explosions near the Wyrmwound. Some dismiss the connection, pointing out the Serthis presence there, but still others worry. The Fae pirates have enlisted the aid of an Imperial to build their ship, promising him a cut of their loot once they have found hidden ocean treasures. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22517003][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225171/22517003_350.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20262552][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/202626/20262552_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Hessdalen and Celeste chat quietly together by the stand, eyeing trinkets and waving them about as they attempt to identify them, Zap working behind the two as she attempts to make the stacks of boxes a little less precarious. Celeste is furiously chittering at the Imperial (who rather looks like he is receiving a long-winded lecture) in the Fae language, insisting that he has no appreciation whatsoever for what is obviously a groundbreaking discovery in the history of art from an ancient society of Spirals in the Lightning Flight. She points at you furiously. “You!” She drops the item in her hand and zips over to a box twice her size and laboringly lifts it onto the table. “Prove me right!” [center][item=Electrified Sash][item=Intact Clay Relief][item=Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle][item=Broken Pottery Piece][item=Spathiphyllum][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 June 25, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. Today’s dragons courtesy of @Gheron. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn [/size]
June 24
Quote:
More troubling news reaches the docks. Stormy weather has spread unnaturally, with wild suspicions that the curse is going to cause monumental natural disasters. There’s even been word of explosions near the Wyrmwound. Some dismiss the connection, pointing out the Serthis presence there, but still others worry.

The Fae pirates have enlisted the aid of an Imperial to build their ship, promising him a cut of their loot once they have found hidden ocean treasures.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked.
22517003_350.png20262552_350.png

Hessdalen and Celeste chat quietly together by the stand, eyeing trinkets and waving them about as they attempt to identify them, Zap working behind the two as she attempts to make the stacks of boxes a little less precarious. Celeste is furiously chittering at the Imperial (who rather looks like he is receiving a long-winded lecture) in the Fae language, insisting that he has no appreciation whatsoever for what is obviously a groundbreaking discovery in the history of art from an ancient society of Spirals in the Lightning Flight.

She points at you furiously. “You!” She drops the item in her hand and zips over to a box twice her size and laboringly lifts it onto the table. “Prove me right!”

Electrified Sash Intact Clay Relief Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle Broken Pottery Piece Spathiphyllum

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 25, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

Today’s dragons courtesy of @Gheron.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11095176] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/110952/11095176_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/973.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/16482.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/4321.png[/img][/center] [i]Ah! These are beautifully preserved relics. They remind me of the tools I use during my exaltation ceremonies.[/i]Demeter takes a moment to examine the artifacts closely, sighing quietly in wonder. [i]I really wish I could have jewelry as nice as this.[/i] Looking first to the sunchaser jewelry, Demeter makes the following observations: [i]The jewelry is still very lovely, reminiscent of the jewelry modern Light clans will use for ceremonies. It seems to have been crafted by a very careful hand, perhaps by a dragon who spent their entire life perfecting their craft. Of course, this type of item gives off a slight feeling of power, possibly a hint of the Lightweaver's strength.[/i] Turning to the Lux spectre, Demeter smiles slightly.[i] I love these! they usually get attracted to the power given off by my ceremonies. They're really quite magical, by night they look like huge fireflies lighting up the night. They don't seem to do much but I know that they are very sensitive to magical power and they tend to gravitate toward it.[/i] Finally, she gently picks up a pulsing relic and cradles it between her claws. Apparently satisfied she sets it down before speaking. [i]These aren't very useful in small quantities but I know that they can be quite helpful to amplify magical powers. Usually I'll try to plant some of these in the ground around my ceremonial area along with all my other magical items. Those other items are a secret though, only Nature clans know what they are.[/i] After her thorough examination, Demeter nods her head slowly and says again.[i] I'm fairly certain these items were used for an important ceremony in the past. Maybe these weren't used for exalting as I'd originally thought but, they were definitely used for worship.[/i]
973.png16482.png4321.png

Ah! These are beautifully preserved relics. They remind me of the tools I use during my exaltation ceremonies.Demeter takes a moment to examine the artifacts closely, sighing quietly in wonder. I really wish I could have jewelry as nice as this.

Looking first to the sunchaser jewelry, Demeter makes the following observations:
The jewelry is still very lovely, reminiscent of the jewelry modern Light clans will use for ceremonies. It seems to have been crafted by a very careful hand, perhaps by a dragon who spent their entire life perfecting their craft. Of course, this type of item gives off a slight feeling of power, possibly a hint of the Lightweaver's strength.

Turning to the Lux spectre, Demeter smiles slightly. I love these! they usually get attracted to the power given off by my ceremonies. They're really quite magical, by night they look like huge fireflies lighting up the night. They don't seem to do much but I know that they are very sensitive to magical power and they tend to gravitate toward it.

Finally, she gently picks up a pulsing relic and cradles it between her claws. Apparently satisfied she sets it down before speaking. These aren't very useful in small quantities but I know that they can be quite helpful to amplify magical powers. Usually I'll try to plant some of these in the ground around my ceremonial area along with all my other magical items. Those other items are a secret though, only Nature clans know what they are.

After her thorough examination, Demeter nods her head slowly and says again. I'm fairly certain these items were used for an important ceremony in the past. Maybe these weren't used for exalting as I'd originally thought but, they were definitely used for worship.
earthflower.pngfood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.giffood_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.giffood_cindershroom_by_dogi_crimson-da8qcfn.gifearthflower.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18183150] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/181832/18183150_350.png[/img] [/url] "Well! This is exciting!" Norris caresses the flowers with tender claws, then jumps as her trailing fur delivers a mild zap from the sash. "These have reverted to type, obviously -- no doubt they're several generations removed from the domesticated parent generation, and bioluminescence genes are dreadfully hard to isolate even in tender tropicals -- it's only the slight chatoyance around the pollen grains that tells us this cultivar even has that genotypic potential, poor thing -- but the petals' shade of pink is still so delicate and pure! So many gardeners try to rear a unique spathiphyllum cultivar and end up with odd muddy shades, [i]if [/i]they come true from seed at all. Their phenotypic pigmentation is so complex, and that's before you even go into petal epigenetics ... "... oh, you wanted to hear about the artifacts?" She stops petting the spathiphyllum with some reluctance. "Well, what you have here is what's left of an advanced hydroponic system from an ancient lair. The lovely plant: a descendant of the original one. This broken clay comes from the pot that held it -- see, you begin to notice an elliptical curvature? "The sash would tie around the neck of the pot, anchored by this silver buckle -- silver's incredibly conductive, and purifying too -- and, well, add a little magic, probably described by this relief here if we could translate the pictograms, and suddenly you can grow food plants in your drinking water. Instead of getting energy from soil nutrients, the plant gets ... well, pure energy!" She pokes the relief curiously. "I do wonder how that would affect leaf growth, though."

18183150_350.png

"Well! This is exciting!" Norris caresses the flowers with tender claws, then jumps as her trailing fur delivers a mild zap from the sash. "These have reverted to type, obviously -- no doubt they're several generations removed from the domesticated parent generation, and bioluminescence genes are dreadfully hard to isolate even in tender tropicals -- it's only the slight chatoyance around the pollen grains that tells us this cultivar even has that genotypic potential, poor thing -- but the petals' shade of pink is still so delicate and pure! So many gardeners try to rear a unique spathiphyllum cultivar and end up with odd muddy shades, if they come true from seed at all. Their phenotypic pigmentation is so complex, and that's before you even go into petal epigenetics ...

"... oh, you wanted to hear about the artifacts?"

She stops petting the spathiphyllum with some reluctance.

"Well, what you have here is what's left of an advanced hydroponic system from an ancient lair. The lovely plant: a descendant of the original one. This broken clay comes from the pot that held it -- see, you begin to notice an elliptical curvature?

"The sash would tie around the neck of the pot, anchored by this silver buckle -- silver's incredibly conductive, and purifying too -- and, well, add a little magic, probably described by this relief here if we could translate the pictograms, and suddenly you can grow food plants in your drinking water. Instead of getting energy from soil nutrients, the plant gets ... well, pure energy!"

She pokes the relief curiously. "I do wonder how that would affect leaf growth, though."
d68awk1.pnggnImhnO.pngHNETOrN.png
"FOUND" --------------------- Today, we completed excavation of collapsed sector 35b of the Hewn City. It looks as though, years upon years ago, decades even, someone else had been wandering those same ruins, lost beneath the winding tunnel complexes ravaged by time and numerous cave-ins. I will never know who they were. I will never know for what they searched. The only thing that I can say for certain is that they were loved. For all of the years that their body had remained in the depths of the complex, their familiar stood guard over them, bound to their friend by a bond that transcended death itself. On this day, I exited the ruins with a pile of bones in my satchel, and spent my evening digging the dragon a proper grave. The whole time, their familiar watched. When I was finished, the familiar fixed me with a long, poignant gaze, before floating away on a cool night breeze. Finally free. ------------------- [img]http://i.imgur.com/z8OV25v.png[/img]
"FOUND"

Today, we completed excavation of collapsed sector 35b of the Hewn City.

It looks as though, years upon years ago, decades even, someone else had been wandering those same ruins, lost beneath the winding tunnel complexes ravaged by time and numerous cave-ins.

I will never know who they were.

I will never know for what they searched.

The only thing that I can say for certain is that they were loved.

For all of the years that their body had remained in the depths of the complex, their familiar stood guard over them, bound to their friend by a bond that transcended death itself.

On this day, I exited the ruins with a pile of bones in my satchel, and spent my evening digging the dragon a proper grave. The whole time, their familiar watched. When I was finished, the familiar fixed me with a long, poignant gaze, before floating away on a cool night breeze.

Finally free.

z8OV25v.png

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B648Ttg.png[/img] [b]Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.[/b] [i]Today there seems to be a heated argument at the stand, involving a Fae and an Imperial. This can't end well.[/i] [color=#6d6837] "...Spirals? Sorry, these look more like Guardian artifacts to me. The relief literally depicts a Guardian. The belt buckle kinda looks like one of them, as well. But hey, who am I to say? You can call them whatever the heck you want." [/color] Lindi's eyes dart over to the broken clay, and the flowers that are slowly wilting. [color=#6d6837]"Now those... Those could be evidence of old Spirals. It's little known, but many Spirals love potted plants. They end up breaking them a lot, though. Finally, that sash is given to dragons of honor, such as valuable warriors or incredible engineers in the Shifting Expanse."[/color] Lindi blinks, then takes off. [i] That poor Fae. [/i] [/center]
B648Ttg.png

Notes: Day Unknown. Name: Lindi.

Today there seems to be a heated argument at the stand, involving a Fae and an Imperial. This can't end well.

"...Spirals? Sorry, these look more like Guardian artifacts to me. The relief literally depicts a Guardian. The belt buckle kinda looks like one of them, as well.

But hey, who am I to say? You can call them whatever the heck you want."

Lindi's eyes dart over to the broken clay, and the flowers that are slowly wilting.

"Now those... Those could be evidence of old Spirals. It's little known, but many Spirals love potted plants. They end up breaking them a lot, though.

Finally, that sash is given to dragons of honor, such as valuable warriors or incredible engineers in the Shifting Expanse."

Lindi blinks, then takes off.

That poor Fae.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4740566] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47406/4740566_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, goodness," the elderly Imperial murmurs. "I haven't seen these in [i]so[/i] long. I think one of my great-sires might have worn one...but that's a family legend, and I've never seen them with my own eyes. It's surprising that you found this underwater, I thought all the recoverable ones had already been recovered." Her golden eyes glitter with pale liquid. "They were the ultimate sigh of devotion - the Radiant Eye used to have quite a few clans wearing them. It took years to craft one, and even longer to find a master craftsdragon who wasn't already working on one. I remember visiting a craftsdragon's workshop once, and there was just this long roll of parchment with clan names on them, and next to the names was just the words [i]sunchaser jewelry[/i] repeated dozens of times. It wasn't just the crafting, though that was part of it - it was gathering up the sunlight to infuse them. Every craftsdragon feared eclipses because if it came at a bad time, the worst case scenario was a complete recast and rewrite of the runes." She touches the jewelry with a reverent claw, then carefully examines the rest of the chest's contents. "Ah, these were...old timekeepers, before we found more reliable ways. They were terrible; we could never synchronise to the actual time. These copper ones were always late, and the silver ones always early; dragons from different clans with different finances who wanted to meet up had a terrible time of it, one being early and the other late. Silver was more expensive than the copper, mostly because it was better to be early than be late. We had to mentally calculate the change." Beside her, the Sunbeam Soldier's eyes flash, and a cloud of shivery pale light bursts into existence. The light shoots outward, individual - pixies? - flying out in every direction. "Er, I can't really help you on what that is. They look light-affiliated, but all manners of creatures have been touched by the Lightweaver, so..." "As for the rest - well, I'm not sure what that brick thing is, and I think the skull is just a skull. Hopefully you'll find out what they actually are! But dear Lightweaver I'm glad I came along, if only for the sight of that sunchaser jewelry..."

4740566_350.png

"Oh, goodness," the elderly Imperial murmurs. "I haven't seen these in so long. I think one of my great-sires might have worn one...but that's a family legend, and I've never seen them with my own eyes. It's surprising that you found this underwater, I thought all the recoverable ones had already been recovered."

Her golden eyes glitter with pale liquid. "They were the ultimate sigh of devotion - the Radiant Eye used to have quite a few clans wearing them. It took years to craft one, and even longer to find a master craftsdragon who wasn't already working on one. I remember visiting a craftsdragon's workshop once, and there was just this long roll of parchment with clan names on them, and next to the names was just the words sunchaser jewelry repeated dozens of times. It wasn't just the crafting, though that was part of it - it was gathering up the sunlight to infuse them. Every craftsdragon feared eclipses because if it came at a bad time, the worst case scenario was a complete recast and rewrite of the runes."

She touches the jewelry with a reverent claw, then carefully examines the rest of the chest's contents. "Ah, these were...old timekeepers, before we found more reliable ways. They were terrible; we could never synchronise to the actual time. These copper ones were always late, and the silver ones always early; dragons from different clans with different finances who wanted to meet up had a terrible time of it, one being early and the other late. Silver was more expensive than the copper, mostly because it was better to be early than be late. We had to mentally calculate the change."

Beside her, the Sunbeam Soldier's eyes flash, and a cloud of shivery pale light bursts into existence. The light shoots outward, individual - pixies? - flying out in every direction. "Er, I can't really help you on what that is. They look light-affiliated, but all manners of creatures have been touched by the Lightweaver, so..."

"As for the rest - well, I'm not sure what that brick thing is, and I think the skull is just a skull. Hopefully you'll find out what they actually are! But dear Lightweaver I'm glad I came along, if only for the sight of that sunchaser jewelry..."
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
(At the time I post this, I'm aware it's past deadline, but I still wanna put this up, if only because it exists and I put [i]some[/i] effort into it)(Also cuz I wanna chronicle my clan's actions :P) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20606605] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206067/20606605_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oooooh! This chest is awfully dusty, isn't it?" Rosette glanced up, expecting a reply, but the Imperial remained silent. "Ohhhhhhh, alright! The 'down to business' type, right? Ahahaha! Just like a certain Ridgeback I know of." "Let's see here... ugh, a skull... a hunk of rock... a pocket watch... and... Sunchaser Jewelry!?!" "Do you have any [b]IDEA[/b] how [i]valuable[/i] these are? Many dragons out there would give up entire hoards of treasure to own one! There couldn't possibly be [b]anything[/b] worth more tha-" [b]*GASP*[/b] There was sudden gasp from Rosette as she looked at the final item in the box... "Oh. My. Gladekeeper." With this, she lifted out the final object from the chest. It was an odd yellow blob. "LOOK AT THIS. This is [i]the[/i] MOST [b]BEAUTIFUL[/b] pat of butter I have [i]ever[/i] seen in my [b]entire[/b] [u][b]LIFE[/b][/u]! Just imagine, having tea and buttered toast on a nice picnic, it would b-" [size=7]"BOO!"[/size] "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The scream Rosette let out was worse than the sound of a singing Coatl. As it turns out, the blob she was holding now had a head and a body with short arms and legs, and what appeared to be a mischievous grin on it's face. "Hahahhaahhahahahhahahaaha! I'm cryin' over here! You should've [b]seen[/b] the look on your face!" As the spirit continued laughing, an angered Rosette stomped towards it. "What's so funny? Why'd you have to scare me like that, huh?!" "It was all in good fun. Really! Though I [i]was[/i] kinda upset you thought I was a mere food item..." "Tch, you're annoying. If you aren't some butter spirit or whatever, then, what are you?" "Ahem, yes, I was about to address that, I've heard what the angry Nocturne has been screaming about all day." The spirit picked up a piece of paper and quickly scrawled a drawing upon it. [img]http://i.imgur.com/YarHGlg.png[/img] "There. This is kinda what I once looked like." At that, it zipped into the skull, before the skull itself started levitating in the air. "But now, I only have enough strength to lift this skull." "I was once what was known as a Timekeeper. Our job was to help the scholars of the Light flight stay on schedule for their forums and such, instead of becoming too absorbed in books. Those runes? They used to be a power source for me to construct a body around, but one isn't nearly enough to give me the energy to form a full body." "The jewelry was bestowed upon me for my great service to her majesty, the Lightweaver. It was an honor to be selected." "Sadly, those days are over. Once all the flights started mingling, help from other flights were all that the scholars needed, so my kind was forgotten and lost." "I must thanks you for saving me from the ruins, and I bid you goodbye."
(At the time I post this, I'm aware it's past deadline, but I still wanna put this up, if only because it exists and I put some effort into it)(Also cuz I wanna chronicle my clan's actions :P)

20606605_350.png

"Oooooh! This chest is awfully dusty, isn't it?"

Rosette glanced up, expecting a reply, but the Imperial remained silent.

"Ohhhhhhh, alright! The 'down to business' type, right? Ahahaha! Just like a certain Ridgeback I know of."

"Let's see here... ugh, a skull... a hunk of rock... a pocket watch... and... Sunchaser Jewelry!?!"

"Do you have any IDEA how valuable these are? Many dragons out there would give up entire hoards of treasure to own one! There couldn't possibly be anything worth more tha-"

*GASP*
There was sudden gasp from Rosette as she looked at the final item in the box...

"Oh. My. Gladekeeper."

With this, she lifted out the final object from the chest. It was an odd yellow blob.

"LOOK AT THIS. This is the MOST BEAUTIFUL pat of butter I have ever seen in my entire LIFE! Just imagine, having tea and buttered toast on a nice picnic, it would b-"

"BOO!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The scream Rosette let out was worse than the sound of a singing Coatl.
As it turns out, the blob she was holding now had a head and a body with short arms and legs, and what appeared to be a mischievous grin on it's face.

"Hahahhaahhahahahhahahaaha! I'm cryin' over here! You should've seen the look on your face!"

As the spirit continued laughing, an angered Rosette stomped towards it.

"What's so funny? Why'd you have to scare me like that, huh?!"

"It was all in good fun. Really! Though I was kinda upset you thought I was a mere food item..."

"Tch, you're annoying. If you aren't some butter spirit or whatever, then, what are you?"

"Ahem, yes, I was about to address that, I've heard what the angry Nocturne has been screaming about all day."

The spirit picked up a piece of paper and quickly scrawled a drawing upon it.
YarHGlg.png

"There. This is kinda what I once looked like."

At that, it zipped into the skull, before the skull itself started levitating in the air.

"But now, I only have enough strength to lift this skull."

"I was once what was known as a Timekeeper. Our job was to help the scholars of the Light flight stay on schedule for their forums and such, instead of becoming too absorbed in books. Those runes? They used to be a power source for me to construct a body around, but one isn't nearly enough to give me the energy to form a full body."

"The jewelry was bestowed upon me for my great service to her majesty, the Lightweaver. It was an honor to be selected."

"Sadly, those days are over. Once all the flights started mingling, help from other flights were all that the scholars needed, so my kind was forgotten and lost."

"I must thanks you for saving me from the ruins, and I bid you goodbye."
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
@Draginraptor That is a great doodle! I like it and your story. :)
@Draginraptor That is a great doodle! I like it and your story. :)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 24