Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 95 96
@Emordnilap Haha I love that "oh no" pic. It's... pretty accurate. And Hura will probably not be exempt from the [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/579133634867625997.png[/img] either...
@Emordnilap
Haha I love that "oh no" pic. It's... pretty accurate. And Hura will probably not be exempt from the
579133634867625997.png
either...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 549-550 - Dreadful Doll[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @Verdant @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @AThousandSuns @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo @Amongthestars @Stormhawke @PyroWyvern @Wickett @TinPinLyn @aliciawonderland @Asphoxia @LilacsandFreedom @catmeow1 @Kavryn[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=enchanted candle][item=maggot] [b]Sentence:[/b] Art, 10-15 battles in the Coliseum -----[/center] A Riot market had popped up fairly close to the clan, so a few dragons visited to sample the sister flight's wares. Carrie felt out of place in a market like this, but as she looked around at the variety of dragons with strange markings, abilities, and appearances, she felt a little better. Until she passed close to a stall that emanated an energy so abhorrent that it almost knocked her out of the air. Nauseated - a new experience - she flew until she could turn around and see what was pushing her away. When Carrie saw the stall, she realized that, under the nausea, the repelling energy was familiar to her. On the display table sat a neat row of stuffed dolls in Beast-esque shapes. The shopkeeper, a starry purple Tundra with a cowboy hat sitting jauntily on his head, called out to Carrie. "Ya look haunted, friend! I sell talismans ta ward off misfortune and evil spirits. Would ya like one?" "No!" Carrie replied, forcefully enough to startle the shopkeeper. He looked a little hurt, but Carrie was too uncomfortable to care. She flew off without another word. Afterward, she found every clanmate she trusted and told them what had happened, asking them never to buy one of those talismans. Some time later in the day, Hura decided to skim the market. He didn't think he had any real need for Plague-related items, but with their survivalism in all types of situation, he thought he might find something he'd want. "Howdy-do," called one of the shopkeepers. Hura turned to see a purple Tundra in a cowboy hat. "Ain't every day we see a Spark around these parts. Ya lookin' for a good-luck charm?" Hura eyed the shopkeeper's wares. Just by being here, he was worried about leaving his machine alone for too long. The forest was not friendly to artificial creations. Yes, he could use a bit of luck. He picked up one of the figures. "What is this supposed to be, anyway? Some sort of dryad?" The shopkeeper shrugged. "If ya want ta call it that, sure. It ain't really supposed ta [i]be[/i] anything. But it'll dispel any bad luck ye're havin', sure enough." "That's what I need," Hura decided. "Do these all work the same, or...?" "Works better," the shopkeeper clarified, poking around in a box under the table, "the more yer talisman looks like you." He produced one dressed all in green. "Sorry I don't have any green male dolls, but this should do ya just fine." [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/418562304846856192/639150610603573279/unknown.png[/img] Carrie suddenly felt a burst of the same repellent energy again. It faded as quickly as it came, as though someone had passed by while carrying one of the talismans. [i]Great,[/i] Carrie thought, exasperated. She looked around and remembered that Hura had just flown through. Her curiosity got the better of her - what was he doing taking it out into the middle of the forest? So she followed. Carrie watched Hura from a safe distance as he entered a small clearing near a stream. She saw a tall machine, which Hura flew up to with a familiarity that could only mean that this was where he was headed. Hura furtively glanced around - [i]a bit late for that,[/i] Carrie thought with amusement, tucking herself farther behind a tree branch - then set the talisman on a flat surface that seemed to be protecting a screen. He eyed it, as if expecting it to fall off of its own accord, then pulled a roll of tape off his toolbelt and taped the talisman to the machine. He nodded, put the tape away, and flew back to the clan, never noticing Carrie's tiny presence nearby. Carrie waffled, concerned about the presence of Hura's strange device. Should she say something? What if that machine was completely harmless? How would she explain what prompted her to follow Hura around? As she also flew back to the clan, she finally decided that she would at least tell Avogadro and Chi; they knew her well, and they would know what to do. ----- -You may recall that every year, Plague hosts an event for RoR called [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2759294]Diseased Dollmaking[/url] and I love it. Last year, I made one for Jetta and counted it as an art pull. This year, the dolls are back! I'm counting Hura's as my art pull!
Day 549-550 - Dreadful Doll
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @Verdant @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @AThousandSuns @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo @Amongthestars @Stormhawke @PyroWyvern @Wickett @TinPinLyn @aliciawonderland @Asphoxia @LilacsandFreedom @catmeow1 @Kavryn
Pull:
Enchanted Candle Maggot
Sentence: Art, 10-15 battles in the Coliseum
A Riot market had popped up fairly close to the clan, so a few dragons visited to sample the sister flight's wares. Carrie felt out of place in a market like this, but as she looked around at the variety of dragons with strange markings, abilities, and appearances, she felt a little better.
Until she passed close to a stall that emanated an energy so abhorrent that it almost knocked her out of the air. Nauseated - a new experience - she flew until she could turn around and see what was pushing her away.
When Carrie saw the stall, she realized that, under the nausea, the repelling energy was familiar to her. On the display table sat a neat row of stuffed dolls in Beast-esque shapes.
The shopkeeper, a starry purple Tundra with a cowboy hat sitting jauntily on his head, called out to Carrie. "Ya look haunted, friend! I sell talismans ta ward off misfortune and evil spirits. Would ya like one?"
"No!" Carrie replied, forcefully enough to startle the shopkeeper. He looked a little hurt, but Carrie was too uncomfortable to care. She flew off without another word. Afterward, she found every clanmate she trusted and told them what had happened, asking them never to buy one of those talismans.

Some time later in the day, Hura decided to skim the market. He didn't think he had any real need for Plague-related items, but with their survivalism in all types of situation, he thought he might find something he'd want.
"Howdy-do," called one of the shopkeepers. Hura turned to see a purple Tundra in a cowboy hat. "Ain't every day we see a Spark around these parts. Ya lookin' for a good-luck charm?"
Hura eyed the shopkeeper's wares. Just by being here, he was worried about leaving his machine alone for too long. The forest was not friendly to artificial creations. Yes, he could use a bit of luck.
He picked up one of the figures. "What is this supposed to be, anyway? Some sort of dryad?"
The shopkeeper shrugged. "If ya want ta call it that, sure. It ain't really supposed ta be anything. But it'll dispel any bad luck ye're havin', sure enough."
"That's what I need," Hura decided. "Do these all work the same, or...?"
"Works better," the shopkeeper clarified, poking around in a box under the table, "the more yer talisman looks like you." He produced one dressed all in green. "Sorry I don't have any green male dolls, but this should do ya just fine."
unknown.png

Carrie suddenly felt a burst of the same repellent energy again. It faded as quickly as it came, as though someone had passed by while carrying one of the talismans.
Great, Carrie thought, exasperated. She looked around and remembered that Hura had just flown through. Her curiosity got the better of her - what was he doing taking it out into the middle of the forest? So she followed.
Carrie watched Hura from a safe distance as he entered a small clearing near a stream. She saw a tall machine, which Hura flew up to with a familiarity that could only mean that this was where he was headed. Hura furtively glanced around - a bit late for that, Carrie thought with amusement, tucking herself farther behind a tree branch - then set the talisman on a flat surface that seemed to be protecting a screen. He eyed it, as if expecting it to fall off of its own accord, then pulled a roll of tape off his toolbelt and taped the talisman to the machine. He nodded, put the tape away, and flew back to the clan, never noticing Carrie's tiny presence nearby.
Carrie waffled, concerned about the presence of Hura's strange device. Should she say something? What if that machine was completely harmless? How would she explain what prompted her to follow Hura around? As she also flew back to the clan, she finally decided that she would at least tell Avogadro and Chi; they knew her well, and they would know what to do.
-You may recall that every year, Plague hosts an event for RoR called Diseased Dollmaking and I love it. Last year, I made one for Jetta and counted it as an art pull. This year, the dolls are back! I'm counting Hura's as my art pull!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Ooooo that talisman thing was fascinating! And I love how you used the doll as your art pull! I'm getting very curious about what Hura is up to...
Ooooo that talisman thing was fascinating! And I love how you used the doll as your art pull! I'm getting very curious about what Hura is up to...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Pity you couldn't tell everyone that the dolls affected you Carrie. At least it should hopefully be far enough away from the clan that it doesn't affect you. Assuming it's magic doesn't somehow get attached to Hura.

Cute doll tho. The outfit is very nice.
Pity you couldn't tell everyone that the dolls affected you Carrie. At least it should hopefully be far enough away from the clan that it doesn't affect you. Assuming it's magic doesn't somehow get attached to Hura.

Cute doll tho. The outfit is very nice.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
SgonDOb.pngOvfZqTx.gif2im8gtl.png
@Violetah
Don't worry too much, if Jetta could leave hers at the base of the tree with no issue (for a little while, at least), Hura's Thing out in the forest is plenty far away :) As long as Carrie and her family don't have any reason they might need to go near the machine...

And thanks :) I got assigned a Winter Clothing dollmaker, found every option that I could possibly make green, and came up with that Definitely Very Wintery outfit :P
@Violetah
Don't worry too much, if Jetta could leave hers at the base of the tree with no issue (for a little while, at least), Hura's Thing out in the forest is plenty far away :) As long as Carrie and her family don't have any reason they might need to go near the machine...

And thanks :) I got assigned a Winter Clothing dollmaker, found every option that I could possibly make green, and came up with that Definitely Very Wintery outfit :P
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 551-553 - On Sylvia's Friends[/i][/b] [size=1]@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @Verdant @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @AThousandSuns @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo @Amongthestars @Stormhawke @PyroWyvern @Wickett @TinPinLyn @aliciawonderland @Asphoxia @LilacsandFreedom @catmeow1 @Kavryn[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=ghost-painted fern][item=painted turtle shell][item=inky octopus] [b]Sentence:[/b] Writing, 20-30 battles in the Coliseum -----[/center] Sylvia ran across the dirt, rolling a large opal in front of her until it bumped up against Devoni's leg. Sylvia skidded to a stop, then tried to half-push, half-carry the opal up onto her father's back. "She's awfully fond of that thing," Lylia worried. "Should we be letting her play with it?" Devoni shrugged, inadvertently sending the opal rolling away and Sylvia scampering after it. "Why not? It's just a rock." "It's not just a rock, though," Lylia reminded him. "And everyone knows it. Isn't it a little weird for a hatchling's favorite toy to be the fossilized egg that might have been her sibling? She carries that thing with her everywhere." "To her," Devoni pointed out, "It is just a rock. For all we know, she could be in a phase mimicking Corvin - you've noticed she likes him a lot." "Corvin's good with kids," observed Lylia. "Even though Sylvia's the first kid he's really been around." "Anyway," Devoni reassured Lylia, "don't worry about Sylvia rolling that rock around. You know what it is, I know what it is, but she doesn't. And maybe someday we can tell her the story and she'll appreciate it even more." ----- Shorter post today, didn't have much to say about this but I wanted to establish it being a thing.
Day 551-553 - On Sylvia's Friends
@Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @Verdant @Silverhame @Ximena @MoonlitMage @Deathwolf555 @AThousandSuns @Muddledsketches @luckgandor @Violetah @Ezmara @xxWolfii @tigressrising @Neroli @Petall @DragonDraws @Tiirran @Emordnilap @Blackstone359 @clarax @Chelo @Amongthestars @Stormhawke @PyroWyvern @Wickett @TinPinLyn @aliciawonderland @Asphoxia @LilacsandFreedom @catmeow1 @Kavryn
Pull:
Ghost-Painted Fern Painted Turtle Shell Inky Octopus
Sentence: Writing, 20-30 battles in the Coliseum
Sylvia ran across the dirt, rolling a large opal in front of her until it bumped up against Devoni's leg. Sylvia skidded to a stop, then tried to half-push, half-carry the opal up onto her father's back.
"She's awfully fond of that thing," Lylia worried. "Should we be letting her play with it?"
Devoni shrugged, inadvertently sending the opal rolling away and Sylvia scampering after it. "Why not? It's just a rock."
"It's not just a rock, though," Lylia reminded him. "And everyone knows it. Isn't it a little weird for a hatchling's favorite toy to be the fossilized egg that might have been her sibling? She carries that thing with her everywhere."
"To her," Devoni pointed out, "It is just a rock. For all we know, she could be in a phase mimicking Corvin - you've noticed she likes him a lot."
"Corvin's good with kids," observed Lylia. "Even though Sylvia's the first kid he's really been around."
"Anyway," Devoni reassured Lylia, "don't worry about Sylvia rolling that rock around. You know what it is, I know what it is, but she doesn't. And maybe someday we can tell her the story and she'll appreciate it even more."
Shorter post today, didn't have much to say about this but I wanted to establish it being a thing.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
ohoho :eyes emoji:

on one hand, i know it could just be Sylvia playing with the opal and mimicking Corv. on the other, i'm already feeling like a conspiracy theorist with thoughts on what if it's something else
ohoho :eyes emoji:

on one hand, i know it could just be Sylvia playing with the opal and mimicking Corv. on the other, i'm already feeling like a conspiracy theorist with thoughts on what if it's something else
pVhWnFy.png
@Emordnilap
yes
@Emordnilap
yes
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
ominous! i love it ok so [spoiler]my main "theory" is that it's her charge? which is not only similar to how a pc sees their pearl (thinking this 'cause of Corv's mention) but [i]also[/i] because Devoni's charge was a dead baby imperial. Devoni = dead baby imp in a block of ice, Sylvia = dead baby sibling in a "block" of opal, that kinda deal, which would be a neat parallel. the OTHER thought - which, after a few hours of pogo, i've mostly forgotten and kinda doubt is the case - is that Something about the unhatched kid is still in there? but again, reeaally kinda doubting it? reminds me of the whole thing with Jetta and Carrie. i know either could be very off the mark but i'm really feelin like this image:[/spoiler] [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg[/img]
ominous! i love it

ok so my main "theory" is that it's her charge? which is not only similar to how a pc sees their pearl (thinking this 'cause of Corv's mention) but also because Devoni's charge was a dead baby imperial. Devoni = dead baby imp in a block of ice, Sylvia = dead baby sibling in a "block" of opal, that kinda deal, which would be a neat parallel.

the OTHER thought - which, after a few hours of pogo, i've mostly forgotten and kinda doubt is the case - is that Something about the unhatched kid is still in there? but again, reeaally kinda doubting it? reminds me of the whole thing with Jetta and Carrie.

i know either could be very off the mark but i'm really feelin like this image:

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg
pVhWnFy.png
@Emordnilap
I will say that Devoni is considering the possibility of your main theory being the case, and that's part of why he's adamant that it's fine for Sylvia to keep it around. And, given a couple of his own experiences, he'd have realized both of those parallels.

On the other theory, I have nothing to say to that, but I will say that the actual dragon has been taken in by Petall and may appear in their Pinkerlocke someday, and I'm interested to see how that goes down.

I love when you feel like that image :P Crafting plotlines and mysteries and seeing my readers figure them out before I finish them is so fun :D
@Emordnilap
I will say that Devoni is considering the possibility of your main theory being the case, and that's part of why he's adamant that it's fine for Sylvia to keep it around. And, given a couple of his own experiences, he'd have realized both of those parallels.

On the other theory, I have nothing to say to that, but I will say that the actual dragon has been taken in by Petall and may appear in their Pinkerlocke someday, and I'm interested to see how that goes down.

I love when you feel like that image :P Crafting plotlines and mysteries and seeing my readers figure them out before I finish them is so fun :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 95 96