Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lundlaevungar Exaltlings
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8971692] [img]http://imgur.com/bUXudnZ.png[/img][/url] [b]Chi – The Cold[/b] The dragon known as Chi was scrolled with gold, Growing on crystal scales in twining coils; Upon her charcoal wings a starfield roils And with each flight she spreads the void so cold. Its icy reach repels both young and old, Despite Chi’s inner warmth, and friendship spoils Until within her heart a fury boils Too fiercely for her mind to safely hold. She flees into the Starwood Strand to hide, And with a friendly Clan she goes to ground: Advised to join the God of Arcane lands – There could she be accepted at His side? – At once she flies, Observatory-bound, Surrendering herself to His kind hands. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2]Haha, what are tenses? *facepalm* Sonnets are hard. Rhymes are hard. (This is why I prefer Old Norse poetry, where it’s all alliteration and rhythm.) Otherwise, I quite like this one! Up to Chi already ... but also, I am falling behind with my writing of exalt stories. I need to get on and get caught up![/size] [br]

bUXudnZ.png

Chi – The Cold

The dragon known as Chi was scrolled with gold,
Growing on crystal scales in twining coils;
Upon her charcoal wings a starfield roils
And with each flight she spreads the void so cold.
Its icy reach repels both young and old,
Despite Chi’s inner warmth, and friendship spoils
Until within her heart a fury boils
Too fiercely for her mind to safely hold.
She flees into the Starwood Strand to hide,
And with a friendly Clan she goes to ground:
Advised to join the God of Arcane lands –
There could she be accepted at His side? –
At once she flies, Observatory-bound,
Surrendering herself to His kind hands.

i79pUJC.png

Haha, what are tenses? *facepalm* Sonnets are hard. Rhymes are hard. (This is why I prefer Old Norse poetry, where it’s all alliteration and rhythm.) Otherwise, I quite like this one!

Up to Chi already ... but also, I am falling behind with my writing of exalt stories. I need to get on and get caught up!

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Yp13N4T.png

Henge and Kjialla – The Prepared

Henge and Kjialla were hatched in vastly different circumstances: he amid the crystal spires of an Arcane clan, and she in the frigid wastes of the Icewarden’s lands. However, both their clans had a common tradition of sending certain chosen individuals to serve the deities of Sornieth. Both hatchlings were chosen for their striking colouration, which their families believed marked them as destined for the Arcanist.

As the pair grew, they were sent to the Lundlaevungar to meet Einmyrir. Their parents had heard of his strong connection with the Arcane god, and wished for their offspring to be tutored so as to be able to properly honour Him when they were exalted.

Kjialla took naturally to the lessons, carefully memorising the Fae’s words with each fresh layer to her pearl. Henge found it more difficult: he was easily distracted and preferred play to study. However, neither of them wanted to disappoint their clans, and so they tried to help one another, Kjialla going over their studies with Henge again and again during their free time until he understood the principles that Einmyrir was teaching them and Kjialla knew them as well as her own name.

Eventually, the two dragons were gifted with special attire by their clans: ceremonial masks, sashes and silks in the colours of the Arcanist. They were ready at last to join their chosen deity.

Henge and Kjialla decided to coordinate their travel, for after so long learning together it seemed wrong to take this final step apart. They met at the Lair of the Lundlaevungar. There, they bid Einmyrir thanks and farewell before setting out towards the Observatory together.

i79pUJC.png

Again, I like their outfits, so full-size images are available here: Henge and Kjialla.

Yp13N4T.png

Henge and Kjialla – The Prepared

Henge and Kjialla were hatched in vastly different circumstances: he amid the crystal spires of an Arcane clan, and she in the frigid wastes of the Icewarden’s lands. However, both their clans had a common tradition of sending certain chosen individuals to serve the deities of Sornieth. Both hatchlings were chosen for their striking colouration, which their families believed marked them as destined for the Arcanist.

As the pair grew, they were sent to the Lundlaevungar to meet Einmyrir. Their parents had heard of his strong connection with the Arcane god, and wished for their offspring to be tutored so as to be able to properly honour Him when they were exalted.

Kjialla took naturally to the lessons, carefully memorising the Fae’s words with each fresh layer to her pearl. Henge found it more difficult: he was easily distracted and preferred play to study. However, neither of them wanted to disappoint their clans, and so they tried to help one another, Kjialla going over their studies with Henge again and again during their free time until he understood the principles that Einmyrir was teaching them and Kjialla knew them as well as her own name.

Eventually, the two dragons were gifted with special attire by their clans: ceremonial masks, sashes and silks in the colours of the Arcanist. They were ready at last to join their chosen deity.

Henge and Kjialla decided to coordinate their travel, for after so long learning together it seemed wrong to take this final step apart. They met at the Lair of the Lundlaevungar. There, they bid Einmyrir thanks and farewell before setting out towards the Observatory together.

i79pUJC.png

Again, I like their outfits, so full-size images are available here: Henge and Kjialla.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva can I please be added to the pinglist? And you're a great writer!! :D Maybe I'll write something like these stories. :D
@Lundlaeva can I please be added to the pinglist? And you're a great writer!! :D Maybe I'll write something like these stories. :D
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
@DragonSeeker Of course you can! I'll add you now. Thank you so much, that's a wonderful compliment! ^-^ Good luck if you do decide to write something like this.
@DragonSeeker Of course you can! I'll add you now. Thank you so much, that's a wonderful compliment! ^-^ Good luck if you do decide to write something like this.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva Thanks!! :D
@Lundlaeva Thanks!! :D
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10622629] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106227/10622629_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Aeggia – The Converted[/b] Though son of storms, and marked with smoke, Aeggia was loyal to the Arcanist: Forsaking freely, he found his calling And sought the meaning of the stars. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2]Name Meaning: Urge On More Ljóðaháttr Old Norse alliterative poetry! I like these, they’re comparatively quick and easy. Just realised his name is spelled incorrectly on-site, oops. :([/size][br]

10622629_350.png

Aeggia – The Converted

Though son of storms, and marked with smoke,
Aeggia was loyal to the Arcanist:
Forsaking freely, he found his calling
And sought the meaning of the stars.

i79pUJC.png

Name Meaning: Urge On

More Ljóðaháttr Old Norse alliterative poetry! I like these, they’re comparatively quick and easy.

Just realised his name is spelled incorrectly on-site, oops. :(

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
OH man, this is amazing. I wish I'd thought to do this (although, I've exalted thousands of dragons by now... Oh well). I'm gonna bookmark this and check back now and again, very neat c:
OH man, this is amazing. I wish I'd thought to do this (although, I've exalted thousands of dragons by now... Oh well). I'm gonna bookmark this and check back now and again, very neat c:
light_small.pngbonsai_shikoire_1_by_auricolor-dai3h65.png

light_small.png59TgHaL.pngvck81oc.png
@Shikoire Aw, thank you - I'm glad you like the idea! :D (It's never too late to start ... ;D) I hope you enjoy my future updates.
@Shikoire Aw, thank you - I'm glad you like the idea! :D (It's never too late to start ... ;D) I hope you enjoy my future updates.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva

Is it okay if I make my own? This is really interesting!
@Lundlaeva

Is it okay if I make my own? This is really interesting!
XSA45qz.jpg3Dyszo8.jpg
@Ximena I don't mind at all - please feel free to do your own! :) (I'd love to see your thread when you make one.)
@Ximena I don't mind at all - please feel free to do your own! :) (I'd love to see your thread when you make one.)
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14