Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lundlaevungar Exaltlings
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10929823] [IMG]https://imgur.com/d7qKrnU.png[/IMG][/url] [b]Kapteyn – The Crackling[/b] A Mirror dragon, fierce and bold, Walked Sornieth alone, A tricorn hat upon her head. As ‘Kapteyn’ she was known. Sparks flew from each of her claw-tips And from her flashing eyes: A child of Stormcatcher she was, The desert’s crackling prize, Yet there was no love lost between This Kapteyn and her god, For she preferred the sea And would not be his lightning-rod. She fled o’er lands of shifting sands In efforts to be free From his demands, until wetlands Beneath her wings were seen. When she arrived upon the shore Of Tidelord’s salt domain She found herself a ship and swore Not to return again – Yet for the Stormcatcher only Compliance would suffice, So for her penance he decreed An unremitting price. At first the sparks danced on her hide, And then – electric – flew In arcing bolts that cracked and leapt To strike the helpless crew: Although she tried to hold it in, The lightning would not cease; It shocked and pained her new-found friends And left them with no peace. The static built up in the air, And so did storm-filled cloud: The dread that stopped up all their hearts Descended like a shroud. The rain began to fall as she Was cast off from the deck, And the forks of lightning found her, Crossing the foamy dreck. Her leaving saved the ship’s whole crew, But now her dream was gone – Swallowed by Stormcatcher’s envy, Nothing to be done: She was too great a jeopardy To crew another ship, And though she knew it in her heart The thought still curled her lip. She wanted only to be cured Of this demeaning curse And so she travelled Sornieth And offered up her purse – She gave up gold and gemstones old In pursuit of her goal; She bought and sold; and she heard told So many tales of hope. At last her journeying brought her To Arcane lands, where she Believed she’d find at last a way To transform and be free. The Arcanist she knew was wise And curious of mind; The Arcane Clan that she passed through Assured her she would find The cure she sought within his halls In the Observatory. Then at last she might return To sail upon the sea. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]I wrote a Ballad! :D I wanted to write something fairly epic for one of my pirate-looking exalts, and I also was in the mood to write poetry to a specific form. Sonnet forms didn’t suit her personality, and I was tired of Old Norse forms (I wrote this immediately after writing [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1769078/8#post_21885000]Vindalfr[/url]’s piece and was feeling very drained of alliterative creativity!) so I did some Googling and settled on a Ballad. I’m quite proud of this. ... It's been about [i]2.5 years[/i] (if not longer) since I wrote this piece, including the note above. I'm still super-proud of it. I think it might be the best poem I've ever written.[/size] [br]

d7qKrnU.png

Kapteyn – The Crackling

A Mirror dragon, fierce and bold,
Walked Sornieth alone,
A tricorn hat upon her head.
As ‘Kapteyn’ she was known.

Sparks flew from each of her claw-tips
And from her flashing eyes:
A child of Stormcatcher she was,
The desert’s crackling prize,

Yet there was no love lost between
This Kapteyn and her god,
For she preferred the sea
And would not be his lightning-rod.

She fled o’er lands of shifting sands
In efforts to be free
From his demands, until wetlands
Beneath her wings were seen.

When she arrived upon the shore
Of Tidelord’s salt domain
She found herself a ship and swore
Not to return again –

Yet for the Stormcatcher only
Compliance would suffice,
So for her penance he decreed
An unremitting price.

At first the sparks danced on her hide,
And then – electric – flew
In arcing bolts that cracked and leapt
To strike the helpless crew:

Although she tried to hold it in,
The lightning would not cease;
It shocked and pained her new-found friends
And left them with no peace.

The static built up in the air,
And so did storm-filled cloud:
The dread that stopped up all their hearts
Descended like a shroud.

The rain began to fall as she
Was cast off from the deck,
And the forks of lightning found her,
Crossing the foamy dreck.

Her leaving saved the ship’s whole crew,
But now her dream was gone –
Swallowed by Stormcatcher’s envy,
Nothing to be done:

She was too great a jeopardy
To crew another ship,
And though she knew it in her heart
The thought still curled her lip.

She wanted only to be cured
Of this demeaning curse
And so she travelled Sornieth
And offered up her purse –

She gave up gold and gemstones old
In pursuit of her goal;
She bought and sold; and she heard told
So many tales of hope.

At last her journeying brought her
To Arcane lands, where she
Believed she’d find at last a way
To transform and be free.

The Arcanist she knew was wise
And curious of mind;
The Arcane Clan that she passed through
Assured her she would find

The cure she sought within his halls
In the Observatory.
Then at last she might return
To sail upon the sea.

i79pUJC.png

I wrote a Ballad! :D

I wanted to write something fairly epic for one of my pirate-looking exalts, and I also was in the mood to write poetry to a specific form. Sonnet forms didn’t suit her personality, and I was tired of Old Norse forms (I wrote this immediately after writing Vindalfr’s piece and was feeling very drained of alliterative creativity!) so I did some Googling and settled on a Ballad. I’m quite proud of this.

... It's been about 2.5 years (if not longer) since I wrote this piece, including the note above. I'm still super-proud of it. I think it might be the best poem I've ever written.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10924977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109250/10924977_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Gara – The Gembound[/b] On her Ice floe hide, Her gembond showed her true soul: Arcane in her heart. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]A simple little Haiku. Her Primary and Secondary remind me of ice floes, hence the reference. :)[/size]

10924977_350.png

Gara – The Gembound

On her Ice floe hide,
Her gembond showed her true soul:
Arcane in her heart.

i79pUJC.png

A simple little Haiku. Her Primary and Secondary remind me of ice floes, hence the reference. :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon= 10918490] [IMG]https://imgur.com/zv9FcnF.png[/IMG][/url] [b]Tofrum – The Fearful[/b] There once was a Tundra in Lightning Who found desert storms very fright’ning. How his clanmates laughed! They all thought he was daft! He went to Arcane for enlight’ning. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Written on National Limerick Day (12 May 2016, [i]yes that’s how long these have been waiting to be posted[/i])! Just a bit of fun for a dragon I was feeling uninspired about …[/size]

zv9FcnF.png

Tofrum – The Fearful

There once was a Tundra in Lightning
Who found desert storms very fright’ning.
How his clanmates laughed!
They all thought he was daft!
He went to Arcane for enlight’ning.

i79pUJC.png

Written on National Limerick Day (12 May 2016, yes that’s how long these have been waiting to be posted)! Just a bit of fun for a dragon I was feeling uninspired about …
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6134822] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/61349/6134822_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Gnostalgic – The Knowledgeable[/b] She knew – A spark by birth, But hatched in Arcane hue – She was destined only for the Focal Point. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Another new poetry form – a Cinquain. Trying to limit myself to keep some of these [i]short[/i]! Gnostalgic was (briefly) part of a breeding project of mine, hence the odd name. Not sure when I exalted her, as I never recorded it for some reason, but I assume it was around this point.[/size]

6134822_350.png

Gnostalgic – The Knowledgeable

She knew –
A spark by birth,
But hatched in Arcane hue –
She was destined only for the
Focal Point.

i79pUJC.png

Another new poetry form – a Cinquain. Trying to limit myself to keep some of these short!

Gnostalgic was (briefly) part of a breeding project of mine, hence the odd name. Not sure when I exalted her, as I never recorded it for some reason, but I assume it was around this point.

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Rizuki @Solaristigres @shanncrafter @Cherri @SeleneHime @Arenfelle @ColourOkapi @DragonSeeker @myrese @megalov8nia @JadeFlame @hyuukiru @Orgetzu @take2thesky

Hello lovely pinglist! Some more stories are up on this page (and I think the previous page too) for you to read. :)

There was a bit of a break because I had a birthday and lost track of All The Things.
@Rizuki @Solaristigres @shanncrafter @Cherri @SeleneHime @Arenfelle @ColourOkapi @DragonSeeker @myrese @megalov8nia @JadeFlame @hyuukiru @Orgetzu @take2thesky

Hello lovely pinglist! Some more stories are up on this page (and I think the previous page too) for you to read. :)

There was a bit of a break because I had a birthday and lost track of All The Things.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Can you add me to a pinglist!
Can you add me to a pinglist!
Want a cheap lair review? Click me :)
@SoftShine I certainly will. :) Thanks for your interest!
@SoftShine I certainly will. :) Thanks for your interest!
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
May I be added to the ping list?
Love these stories by the way
May I be added to the ping list?
Love these stories by the way
Ahh I just read the first family exaltion, I’d love being in the Pinglist :>
Ahh I just read the first family exaltion, I’d love being in the Pinglist :>
Sales
93287172.png