Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lundlaevungar Exaltlings
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9978681] [img]https://imgur.com/SbfbSsZ.png[/img][/url] [b]Rjuka – The Destined[/b] Her earliest memory was of the ocean breaking against the shore – but it was the memory of a dream. The cliffs rising above the water were made of sparking crystal and the tiered land above was not part of the Water domain. As she grew older, and learned the geography of Sornieth from her parents and the elders of the Clan, Rjuka discovered that her dreams were of the Starfall Isles. Later still, when she visited for her first Starfall Celebration, she realised that the great domed building at the peak of the island was the Arcanist’s Observatory. The years went by, and she continued to dream of Arcane lands. At first she saw only glimpses as her dream-self flew over the land: waves breaking against glowing chalcedony; the sparkling blossoms of the Starwood Strand; the ponderous movement of floating plinths made of semi-precious stone. The dreams grew longer and she found herself travelling always away from her home and towards the heart of the Isles. However, she always woke just as she rested her claws on the Observatory’s great door. Eventually, she was unable to contain her curiosity no longer and decided to make the journey in her waking hours. To her surprise, from the day she made her choice, the familiar dreams stopped – replaced by new fragments, scenes of whirling stars, vast libraries, and the smiling faces of dragons she did not know. She realised then that she had been plagued the whole of her life by premonitions, and that her decision to leave home had allowed her sleeping mind to see beyond that part of her destiny to what things awaited her as a servant of the Arcanist. It was exciting – thrilling – and she could not wait to set out. Her family garbed her in warm clothes for the journey and gave her a basket of supplies to take with her. She bade her family farewell and set out. On her way through the Starfall Isles, chance led her to the Lundlaevungar and she stayed with the Clan for several nights to rest before the final stage of her journey. Einmyrir was delighted to meet such a willing devotee and asked endless questions about the dreams she had about her future within the Observatory before she left. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]A Forgotten Exalt, clothed via Dressing Room. Name meaning: smoke[/size]

SbfbSsZ.png

Rjuka – The Destined

Her earliest memory was of the ocean breaking against the shore – but it was the memory of a dream. The cliffs rising above the water were made of sparking crystal and the tiered land above was not part of the Water domain.

As she grew older, and learned the geography of Sornieth from her parents and the elders of the Clan, Rjuka discovered that her dreams were of the Starfall Isles. Later still, when she visited for her first Starfall Celebration, she realised that the great domed building at the peak of the island was the Arcanist’s Observatory.

The years went by, and she continued to dream of Arcane lands. At first she saw only glimpses as her dream-self flew over the land: waves breaking against glowing chalcedony; the sparkling blossoms of the Starwood Strand; the ponderous movement of floating plinths made of semi-precious stone. The dreams grew longer and she found herself travelling always away from her home and towards the heart of the Isles. However, she always woke just as she rested her claws on the Observatory’s great door.

Eventually, she was unable to contain her curiosity no longer and decided to make the journey in her waking hours. To her surprise, from the day she made her choice, the familiar dreams stopped – replaced by new fragments, scenes of whirling stars, vast libraries, and the smiling faces of dragons she did not know.

She realised then that she had been plagued the whole of her life by premonitions, and that her decision to leave home had allowed her sleeping mind to see beyond that part of her destiny to what things awaited her as a servant of the Arcanist. It was exciting – thrilling – and she could not wait to set out.

Her family garbed her in warm clothes for the journey and gave her a basket of supplies to take with her. She bade her family farewell and set out. On her way through the Starfall Isles, chance led her to the Lundlaevungar and she stayed with the Clan for several nights to rest before the final stage of her journey.

Einmyrir was delighted to meet such a willing devotee and asked endless questions about the dreams she had about her future within the Observatory before she left.

i79pUJC.png

A Forgotten Exalt, clothed via Dressing Room.

Name meaning: smoke
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@DragonSeeker Yes, it has returned! :D I lost the ability to write FR things for a while there, but I'm back on it now.

@Rizuki @Solaristigres @shanncrafter @Cherri @SeleneHime @Arenfelle @ColourOkapi @myrese @megalov8nia @JadeFlame @hyuukiru @Orgetzu @take2thesky

Two more stories for you above! I've got little backlog written up so I'm going to post them daily, but don't worry, I won't ping every day. I'll probably do one ping a week until I'm caught up again. :)
@DragonSeeker Yes, it has returned! :D I lost the ability to write FR things for a while there, but I'm back on it now.

@Rizuki @Solaristigres @shanncrafter @Cherri @SeleneHime @Arenfelle @ColourOkapi @myrese @megalov8nia @JadeFlame @hyuukiru @Orgetzu @take2thesky

Two more stories for you above! I've got little backlog written up so I'm going to post them daily, but don't worry, I won't ping every day. I'll probably do one ping a week until I'm caught up again. :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
I kinda missed these! They're really neat.
I'm glad you're feeling better, too! :D
I kinda missed these! They're really neat.
I'm glad you're feeling better, too! :D
Toast/Dragon ~ he/xe ~ panromantic demisexual ~ 21+
avid roleplayer ~ just doin my best
attempting at arting ~ i had a void era
cat and snake owner ~ transgender mess
0 hours+ FR time ~ no longer active on the daily- pings usually answered!
"thank you Craig for ratting us out"
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7628614] [img]https://imgur.com/hBaAwnM.png[/img][/url] [b]Syla – The Anguished[/b] In all, Syla has lost nine sons and daughters. Only two of them remained with her long enough for her to name. Eventually, she could not remain in the Viridian Labyrinth: it was too filled with memories and sadness. She left and gravitated to the other tree-filled areas of Sornieth, for she knew she would forever miss the mighty trees of her homeland. She found the Tangled Wood too dark to bear, given her already-somber spirit, so she travelled on to the Starwood Strand. The gigantic Arcane birches eased her homesickness while also remaining different enough that she did not feel heartsore beneath their boughs. It was there she met Einmyrir. She told him her story and he reassured her that her offspring would be taken care of and would do important work, no matter which god they had gone to serve. He then asked if she had ever considered exaltation for herself. The two Fae talked for hours about Syla’s future path, Einmyrir murmuring soothing words in her ears about the magic and wonder promised within the walls of the Arcanist’s Observatory. They stayed together until the blossoms began to shine with their night-time luminance, and Syla felt at last a little peace. She agreed to join the Observatory and departed that same night, a darker patch against the starlight sky as she flew away. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]A forgotten Exalt, again given clothes through the Dressing Room. She had 9 offspring with 3 different dads, and all but 2 are unnamed so I ran with it. (As an extra bit of angst: her two named daughters are exalted to Light and Shadow, so even the kids she in theory knows don’t get a happily-ever-after as they’re eternally at war with one another!)[/size]

hBaAwnM.png

Syla – The Anguished

In all, Syla has lost nine sons and daughters. Only two of them remained with her long enough for her to name.

Eventually, she could not remain in the Viridian Labyrinth: it was too filled with memories and sadness. She left and gravitated to the other tree-filled areas of Sornieth, for she knew she would forever miss the mighty trees of her homeland. She found the Tangled Wood too dark to bear, given her already-somber spirit, so she travelled on to the Starwood Strand. The gigantic Arcane birches eased her homesickness while also remaining different enough that she did not feel heartsore beneath their boughs.

It was there she met Einmyrir. She told him her story and he reassured her that her offspring would be taken care of and would do important work, no matter which god they had gone to serve. He then asked if she had ever considered exaltation for herself.

The two Fae talked for hours about Syla’s future path, Einmyrir murmuring soothing words in her ears about the magic and wonder promised within the walls of the Arcanist’s Observatory. They stayed together until the blossoms began to shine with their night-time luminance, and Syla felt at last a little peace. She agreed to join the Observatory and departed that same night, a darker patch against the starlight sky as she flew away.

i79pUJC.png

A forgotten Exalt, again given clothes through the Dressing Room.

She had 9 offspring with 3 different dads, and all but 2 are unnamed so I ran with it. (As an extra bit of angst: her two named daughters are exalted to Light and Shadow, so even the kids she in theory knows don’t get a happily-ever-after as they’re eternally at war with one another!)
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9336321] [img]https://imgur.com/PRiomIk.png[/img][/url] [b]Dreyrugr – The Scrounger[/b] In some ways Dreyrugr was a typical Lightning dragon: drawn to mechanical constructs, an expert at breaking them down into their component pieces. If they didn’t quite belong to him when he took them apart, well – he had to make treasure somehow. He scraped a living by himself, never staying too long in one place, never getting too close to any dragons or clans he met. His mother was an Arcane dragon, and so he spent his days travelling between the Starfall Isles and the Shifting Expanse, trading on every steps of the journey between the two. The only area he avoids is the Scarred Wasteland. The first time he made the journey from Lightning to Arcane, he was young – barely more than a hatchling. He missed his footing and slipped into a fetid pool as he passed through the Wandering Contagion, and the Plaguebringer’s magic seared itself across his hide, using his veins to paint patterns of circuitry upon his hide. Afraid of his new pulsing, blood-coloured markings, he shrouded himself in whatever scraps of material he could find. Ever since, he traded stolen machine parts and his skill with technology alike to earn enough coin to fix himself – but nothing worked. He came to the Lundlaevungar to trade with Stark and allowed himself to be talked into staying for the night. Over the course of the evening, the tale of his markings came out. Several members of the Clan came forwards with offers to help, but despite their best attempts to remove the contagion, they were unsuccessful. It was then that Einmyrir slunk to Dreyrugr’s side. He whispered that conventional magic would not work, as it would take more than a mere dragon’s power to rid him of the Plaguebringer’s marks. But a god might be able to do it. At first Dreyrugr thought Einmyrir was suggesting that he should go to the Wyrmwound and appeal to the Filthy One herself, but the Fae was quick to assure him that was not the case. Instead, he told Dreyrugr of the Arcanist, who was more like a father than a god: kindly and compassionate, and Dreyrugr listened. He thought about the Eye of Many Lenses, certainly the largest and perhaps the greatest mechanism outside of the Shifting Expanse, and how much he would love to tinker with its gears. He was smiling beneath his mask when he set out the next day, his wingbeats taking him deeper into Arcane territory than he had ever gone before. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Another, Forgotten Exalt, dressed in the Dressing Room. This one became kind of depressing, oops. Name meaning: bloody[/size]

PRiomIk.png

Dreyrugr – The Scrounger

In some ways Dreyrugr was a typical Lightning dragon: drawn to mechanical constructs, an expert at breaking them down into their component pieces. If they didn’t quite belong to him when he took them apart, well – he had to make treasure somehow.

He scraped a living by himself, never staying too long in one place, never getting too close to any dragons or clans he met. His mother was an Arcane dragon, and so he spent his days travelling between the Starfall Isles and the Shifting Expanse, trading on every steps of the journey between the two.

The only area he avoids is the Scarred Wasteland. The first time he made the journey from Lightning to Arcane, he was young – barely more than a hatchling. He missed his footing and slipped into a fetid pool as he passed through the Wandering Contagion, and the Plaguebringer’s magic seared itself across his hide, using his veins to paint patterns of circuitry upon his hide. Afraid of his new pulsing, blood-coloured markings, he shrouded himself in whatever scraps of material he could find. Ever since, he traded stolen machine parts and his skill with technology alike to earn enough coin to fix himself – but nothing worked.

He came to the Lundlaevungar to trade with Stark and allowed himself to be talked into staying for the night. Over the course of the evening, the tale of his markings came out. Several members of the Clan came forwards with offers to help, but despite their best attempts to remove the contagion, they were unsuccessful.

It was then that Einmyrir slunk to Dreyrugr’s side. He whispered that conventional magic would not work, as it would take more than a mere dragon’s power to rid him of the Plaguebringer’s marks. But a god might be able to do it.

At first Dreyrugr thought Einmyrir was suggesting that he should go to the Wyrmwound and appeal to the Filthy One herself, but the Fae was quick to assure him that was not the case. Instead, he told Dreyrugr of the Arcanist, who was more like a father than a god: kindly and compassionate, and Dreyrugr listened. He thought about the Eye of Many Lenses, certainly the largest and perhaps the greatest mechanism outside of the Shifting Expanse, and how much he would love to tinker with its gears.

He was smiling beneath his mask when he set out the next day, his wingbeats taking him deeper into Arcane territory than he had ever gone before.

i79pUJC.png

Another, Forgotten Exalt, dressed in the Dressing Room. This one became kind of depressing, oops.

Name meaning: bloody
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[img]https://imgur.com/G2Lg06y.png[/img] [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10081207]Damascena[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10081208]Sericea[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10081209]Bracteatae[/url] – The Roseate Trio[/b] Three siblings with an innate affinity for the strange flora of the Starfall Isles. By the time they were grown, they had worked out how to channel their Breath into plants to give the petals a glowing aura similar to the night-blossoms of the Starwood Strand. They had a comfortable life as florists, supplying magically enhanced garlands and bouquets to dragons wishing to make a statement either with a gift or with their apparel. But it was not enough. All three felt an innate pull towards the Observatory, so they sought out Einmyrir to be their mentor. He was impressed by their skill with the native plants of Arcane and encouraged them that this was a skill that would be of use to the Arcanist – for even scholars and warriors can appreciate beauty, and the siblings could provide that for all the dragons in the Observatory. After a month, the three departed, already discussing their first projects: arrangements made from Starfall Blossoms, Carnaval Tulips and Spathiphyllum; chains of Maiden’s Blush for the goblins and sprites; and a flower crown for the Arcanist himself. [center][item=Starfall Blossom][item=Carnaval Tulip][item=Spathiphyllum][item=Maidens Blush][/center] [img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]The last of the Forgotten Exalts! Their names come from the scientific names of roses. I don’t know when I actually exalted these in relation to the other Forgotten Exalts – though they are definitely from the clutch immediately before [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1769078/6#post_18934763]these three[/url]. Now’s as good a time as any to do these guys, anyway. All the plants mentioned/pictured can be found through Arcane foraging. [emoji=fae happy] Outfits! [url=https://imgur.com/C62cwQQ.png]Damascena[/url], [url=https://imgur.com/SzK688F.png]Sericea[/url] and [url=https://imgur.com/I7D1Xmg.png]Bracteatae[/url] [/size]
G2Lg06y.png

Damascena, Sericea and Bracteatae – The Roseate Trio

Three siblings with an innate affinity for the strange flora of the Starfall Isles. By the time they were grown, they had worked out how to channel their Breath into plants to give the petals a glowing aura similar to the night-blossoms of the Starwood Strand. They had a comfortable life as florists, supplying magically enhanced garlands and bouquets to dragons wishing to make a statement either with a gift or with their apparel.

But it was not enough. All three felt an innate pull towards the Observatory, so they sought out Einmyrir to be their mentor. He was impressed by their skill with the native plants of Arcane and encouraged them that this was a skill that would be of use to the Arcanist – for even scholars and warriors can appreciate beauty, and the siblings could provide that for all the dragons in the Observatory.

After a month, the three departed, already discussing their first projects: arrangements made from Starfall Blossoms, Carnaval Tulips and Spathiphyllum; chains of Maiden’s Blush for the goblins and sprites; and a flower crown for the Arcanist himself.
Starfall Blossom Carnaval Tulip Spathiphyllum Maidens Blush

i79pUJC.png

The last of the Forgotten Exalts! Their names come from the scientific names of roses.

I don’t know when I actually exalted these in relation to the other Forgotten Exalts – though they are definitely from the clutch immediately before these three. Now’s as good a time as any to do these guys, anyway. All the plants mentioned/pictured can be found through Arcane foraging.

Outfits! Damascena, Sericea and Bracteatae
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10837169] [img]https://imgur.com/PR2HsX8.png[/img][/url] [b]Aettartala – The Rapacious[/b] She was born into Shadow, and was blessed by all the attributes of her Flight: cunning, deception and trickery came easily to Aettartala. She grew up hungry for adventure, and both of her parents knew that there would be no holding her back. Her father – himself born in the Flamecaller’s element and skilled in metalwork – outfitted her in the best armour he could afford to make, and sent her out into the world with his blessing. In time, Aettartala joined the crew of a pirate vessel, and she worked her way up through the hierarchy while they sailed the Sea of a Thousand Currents. As time passed, her skill with words and ability to bring in coin made her infamous across the sea and powerful on board the ship. She took command, and the ship sailed further afield, breaking free from the Tidecaller’s domain and travelling through the Sunbeam Ruins and out to pillage along the coast. No southern land was safe then from Aettartala’s dishonest ventures. She and her crew swindled the clans of the Shifting Expanse and plundered weapons and armour from the Ashfall Waste. They were almost caught by the Icewarden’s guards when they passed too close to the Southern Icefield, but lost their pursuers in a storm close to the shores of the Windswept Plateau. Eventually, her voyage brought her to the Starfall Isles, where the towering spires of crystal rose from the landscape, and sometimes floated over the ship. Aettartala could sense the power here, and wanted it as covetously as she wanted gold and gems. Her crew were coming up to a lone spire that floated between the Starwood Strand and the Focal Point when they were met by a suspicious Ridgeback who introduced himself as [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=579034]Njorð[/url], and refused to allow them to pass through his Clan’s territory without an escort. Somewhat peeved but without a choice in the matter, Aettartala allowed it, quietly seething. So it was that she decided, as they passed the great floating Spire, to slip away from her crew, cloaked in Shadow-magic to conceal her from the Ridgeback’s sight, and flew up to see what secrets she could steal from the Arcane clan who lived there. She found a small, gembound Fae waiting for her at the entrance to the Lair. “I have been waiting for you,” he said, unperturbed by her sudden appearance and apparently not fooled by her illusions, though his eyes were glassy as he turned to look towards but not quite at her. “I am Einmyrir. And you have great power.” Aettartala let her spells drop; there was no point in them if she had been caught. “Aye, but there is more to be had here. Step aside.” The Fae shook his head. “There is little of worth to one such as you within the walls of our Spire. Besides, it is not the power of this humble Clan that you feel humming in the crystal beneath your feet. It is the Arcanist’s magic. That is what keeps the Spire in the air. No matter how hard you may search, you will not find the source here, for it lies elsewhere.” “Then you’ll tell me where it is, friend,” Aettartala said smoothly, stepping forward and making sure her metal-encased claws struck audibly, dangerously against the crystal. “It cannot be stolen,” Einmyrir said, “But the Arcanist is willing to [i]share[/i] his wealth of magic with those he deems worthy.” He stared hard at her. “Ones such as you.” “What must I do?” she asked. He told her, and Aettartala turned her head towards the Focal Point. There, she could tap into power such as she had never known before. With her cunning and her Shadow magic, she could use it, twist it to her own ends. She smiled a knife-point grin and took flight, not sparing a moment to even bid the Fae farewell, or a thought for her crew. They could fend for themselves until she came back, if she returned to them at all – for what need would she have for a crew of cutthroats and a ship, when she had such power at her clawtips? [i]None at all[/i], she thought as she winged her way toward the Observatory. [i]None at all[/i]. [br][IMG]http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/IMG][br] [size=2]Name Meaning: Genealogy Aettartala was supposed to be one thing when I named her, and then I dressed her up and she turned into something else. This happens a lot. This was one of the first pieces I wrote after the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/459#20161314]new canon Lore[/url] about powerful exalted dragons was revealed in the Weekly Q&A, so I decided to have fun with the idea of a dragon being tempted to go to join one of the gods [i]for power[/i]! ;) Also, I like pirates.[/size] [br]

PR2HsX8.png

Aettartala – The Rapacious

She was born into Shadow, and was blessed by all the attributes of her Flight: cunning, deception and trickery came easily to Aettartala.

She grew up hungry for adventure, and both of her parents knew that there would be no holding her back. Her father – himself born in the Flamecaller’s element and skilled in metalwork – outfitted her in the best armour he could afford to make, and sent her out into the world with his blessing.

In time, Aettartala joined the crew of a pirate vessel, and she worked her way up through the hierarchy while they sailed the Sea of a Thousand Currents. As time passed, her skill with words and ability to bring in coin made her infamous across the sea and powerful on board the ship. She took command, and the ship sailed further afield, breaking free from the Tidecaller’s domain and travelling through the Sunbeam Ruins and out to pillage along the coast.

No southern land was safe then from Aettartala’s dishonest ventures. She and her crew swindled the clans of the Shifting Expanse and plundered weapons and armour from the Ashfall Waste. They were almost caught by the Icewarden’s guards when they passed too close to the Southern Icefield, but lost their pursuers in a storm close to the shores of the Windswept Plateau.

Eventually, her voyage brought her to the Starfall Isles, where the towering spires of crystal rose from the landscape, and sometimes floated over the ship. Aettartala could sense the power here, and wanted it as covetously as she wanted gold and gems.

Her crew were coming up to a lone spire that floated between the Starwood Strand and the Focal Point when they were met by a suspicious Ridgeback who introduced himself as Njorð, and refused to allow them to pass through his Clan’s territory without an escort.

Somewhat peeved but without a choice in the matter, Aettartala allowed it, quietly seething. So it was that she decided, as they passed the great floating Spire, to slip away from her crew, cloaked in Shadow-magic to conceal her from the Ridgeback’s sight, and flew up to see what secrets she could steal from the Arcane clan who lived there.

She found a small, gembound Fae waiting for her at the entrance to the Lair.

“I have been waiting for you,” he said, unperturbed by her sudden appearance and apparently not fooled by her illusions, though his eyes were glassy as he turned to look towards but not quite at her. “I am Einmyrir. And you have great power.”

Aettartala let her spells drop; there was no point in them if she had been caught. “Aye, but there is more to be had here. Step aside.”

The Fae shook his head. “There is little of worth to one such as you within the walls of our Spire. Besides, it is not the power of this humble Clan that you feel humming in the crystal beneath your feet. It is the Arcanist’s magic. That is what keeps the Spire in the air. No matter how hard you may search, you will not find the source here, for it lies elsewhere.”

“Then you’ll tell me where it is, friend,” Aettartala said smoothly, stepping forward and making sure her metal-encased claws struck audibly, dangerously against the crystal.

“It cannot be stolen,” Einmyrir said, “But the Arcanist is willing to share his wealth of magic with those he deems worthy.” He stared hard at her. “Ones such as you.”

“What must I do?” she asked.

He told her, and Aettartala turned her head towards the Focal Point. There, she could tap into power such as she had never known before. With her cunning and her Shadow magic, she could use it, twist it to her own ends. She smiled a knife-point grin and took flight, not sparing a moment to even bid the Fae farewell, or a thought for her crew. They could fend for themselves until she came back, if she returned to them at all – for what need would she have for a crew of cutthroats and a ship, when she had such power at her clawtips?

None at all, she thought as she winged her way toward the Observatory. None at all.

i79pUJC.png

Name Meaning: Genealogy

Aettartala was supposed to be one thing when I named her, and then I dressed her up and she turned into something else. This happens a lot. This was one of the first pieces I wrote after the new canon Lore about powerful exalted dragons was revealed in the Weekly Q&A, so I decided to have fun with the idea of a dragon being tempted to go to join one of the gods for power! ;) Also, I like pirates.

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10772008] [img]https://imgur.com/QKISUJe.png[/img][/url] [b]Irene –The Frosted[/b] From her hatching, Irene was different: it was clear that she had a startling command of her natural element, more so than had been seen in a generation. Her father – a Tundra, born in Ice himself – saw it as a blessing, and cultivated her powers as she grew. Her mother, a Shadow Fae named Inverse from whom Irene inherited much of her looks, was not of the same mind, and when her daughter’s skin and scales began to be frosted over with ever-thickening layers of ice, she began to worry. The ice began at Irene’s heart, and slowly advanced to cover her chest and throat and neck-frills like a second skin. It was a dark ice, and it reminded her mother of the Fortress of Ends: the thick, blue-black ice, almost opaque, that contained deep within its heart the still-living but unmoving forms of criminals, trapped forever in the Icewarden’s prison. Inverse had seen it once before, when the Icewarden took one of her previous mates as his own for some slight, and she had gone to the Fortress to beg clemency. She had received none, and feared that if the ice continued its slow march across Irene’s skin, the same cruel trick would happen again and she would lose another loved one to a wall of ice. She tried to convince her mate and her daughter that the ice was a danger, but neither would listen. Irene’s father still encouraged her to practise her abilities, and gave her the trappings of a Priestess to the Icewarden, proud that his daughter was progressing so quickly. Then the ice began to appear at Irene’s clawtips, and at the sensitive edges of her wings, and Irene’s mother knew that she had to take action. Inverse took Irene to the Fortress of Ends and showed her the dark ice there. Only then did Irene begin to believe that she might not be blessed. She allowed Inverse to arrange for her to take a trip to the Starfall Isles, where they both hoped the scholars could investigate the ice and hopefully dispel it. Irene made the journey alone, and travelled from clan to clan searching for assistance. On her journey, she learned of the Lundlaevungar, who it was said had experience with unusual mutations and phenomenon such as her ice. So she went to them, and asked for their help. While the Clan’s scholars searched for answers, Irene was invited to remain with the Clan. During her stay she met Einmyrir, who offered her one possible explanation – hauntingly similar to her father’s, but with one subtle difference. He said that her special command over her element was a blessing, but not one meant for the worship of the Icewarden. Rather, he said she was intended for the Arcanist, since her journey had led her all but to his doors. He promised her that once within the Observatory’s hallowed halls, the progress of the ice would halt but her abilities would not: instead of advancing across her body, they would increase within her, making her stronger, giving her a greater mastery over Ice and rendering her able to bring up storms of ice and snow with but a thought. Though she was intrigued by the notion, Irene waited for the Lundlaevungar scholars’ results before she made any decisions. Yet when [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56017]Loki[/url] came to her with ill tidings – that they did not know what was causing the ice, only that they could not stop it, and that it would one day close over her body and there was no way of knowing whether she would become nothing but a statue of ice, or whether, like [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=157422]Eisa[/url], she would be reborn into a new form – she knew what she had to do. She asked the Lundlaevungar to send a final message to her mother and father with her decision, and turned her gaze toward the Observatory. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Wow, that was longer than intended. ._. Another story based on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/459#20161314]Weekly Q&A[/url] Lore about powerful exalted dragons. :) I really like that particular detail that has been revealed to us![/size]

QKISUJe.png

Irene –The Frosted

From her hatching, Irene was different: it was clear that she had a startling command of her natural element, more so than had been seen in a generation.

Her father – a Tundra, born in Ice himself – saw it as a blessing, and cultivated her powers as she grew. Her mother, a Shadow Fae named Inverse from whom Irene inherited much of her looks, was not of the same mind, and when her daughter’s skin and scales began to be frosted over with ever-thickening layers of ice, she began to worry.

The ice began at Irene’s heart, and slowly advanced to cover her chest and throat and neck-frills like a second skin. It was a dark ice, and it reminded her mother of the Fortress of Ends: the thick, blue-black ice, almost opaque, that contained deep within its heart the still-living but unmoving forms of criminals, trapped forever in the Icewarden’s prison. Inverse had seen it once before, when the Icewarden took one of her previous mates as his own for some slight, and she had gone to the Fortress to beg clemency. She had received none, and feared that if the ice continued its slow march across Irene’s skin, the same cruel trick would happen again and she would lose another loved one to a wall of ice.

She tried to convince her mate and her daughter that the ice was a danger, but neither would listen. Irene’s father still encouraged her to practise her abilities, and gave her the trappings of a Priestess to the Icewarden, proud that his daughter was progressing so quickly.

Then the ice began to appear at Irene’s clawtips, and at the sensitive edges of her wings, and Irene’s mother knew that she had to take action.

Inverse took Irene to the Fortress of Ends and showed her the dark ice there. Only then did Irene begin to believe that she might not be blessed. She allowed Inverse to arrange for her to take a trip to the Starfall Isles, where they both hoped the scholars could investigate the ice and hopefully dispel it.

Irene made the journey alone, and travelled from clan to clan searching for assistance. On her journey, she learned of the Lundlaevungar, who it was said had experience with unusual mutations and phenomenon such as her ice. So she went to them, and asked for their help.

While the Clan’s scholars searched for answers, Irene was invited to remain with the Clan. During her stay she met Einmyrir, who offered her one possible explanation – hauntingly similar to her father’s, but with one subtle difference. He said that her special command over her element was a blessing, but not one meant for the worship of the Icewarden. Rather, he said she was intended for the Arcanist, since her journey had led her all but to his doors. He promised her that once within the Observatory’s hallowed halls, the progress of the ice would halt but her abilities would not: instead of advancing across her body, they would increase within her, making her stronger, giving her a greater mastery over Ice and rendering her able to bring up storms of ice and snow with but a thought.

Though she was intrigued by the notion, Irene waited for the Lundlaevungar scholars’ results before she made any decisions. Yet when Loki came to her with ill tidings – that they did not know what was causing the ice, only that they could not stop it, and that it would one day close over her body and there was no way of knowing whether she would become nothing but a statue of ice, or whether, like Eisa, she would be reborn into a new form – she knew what she had to do.

She asked the Lundlaevungar to send a final message to her mother and father with her decision, and turned her gaze toward the Observatory.

i79pUJC.png

Wow, that was longer than intended. ._. Another story based on the Weekly Q&A Lore about powerful exalted dragons. :) I really like that particular detail that has been revealed to us!
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10909042] [img]https://imgur.com/m7fL2Kc.png[/img][/url] [b]Balmork – The Dry[/b] Out from the ashes of the Emberglow Balmork emerged, her pearl roughened by sand; Into the Starfall Isles she found her path. She left her home and journeyed at a trudge, With wings and hair the colour of the land, Out from the ashes of the Emberglow. Though covered over with a smoky smudge, A vision of a Fae led her on and Into the Starfall Isles she found her path. Afraid though Balmork was that he would judge When first they met, for she was less than grand Out from the ashes of the Emberglow, Einmyrir shocked her for he held no grudge Against her simple state, made no demand; Into the Starfall Isles she found her path. With kindly words he gave her one last nudge – He sent her to the Arcanist’s heartland: Out from the ashes of the Emberglow, Into the Starfall Isles she found her path. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Name Meaning: Forest Fire A villanelle! [s]A pretty terrible villanelle but still a villanelle![/s] This was hard, rhymes are evil. The form made it hard to tell an appropriate [i]story[/i] here, but I didn’t really have a story in mind for Balmork anyway and I quite like the nature of this one regardless of how bad it is / difficult it was to write. [s]Honestly, I’ve learned more about poetry forms by writing these exalt stories than I did in 10 years of English Literature studies.[/s][/size]

m7fL2Kc.png

Balmork – The Dry

Out from the ashes of the Emberglow
Balmork emerged, her pearl roughened by sand;
Into the Starfall Isles she found her path.

She left her home and journeyed at a trudge,
With wings and hair the colour of the land,
Out from the ashes of the Emberglow.

Though covered over with a smoky smudge,
A vision of a Fae led her on and

Afraid though Balmork was that he would judge
When first they met, for she was less than grand
Out from the ashes of the Emberglow,

Einmyrir shocked her for he held no grudge
Against her simple state, made no demand;

With kindly words he gave her one last nudge –
He sent her to the Arcanist’s heartland:
Out from the ashes of the Emberglow,

i79pUJC.png

Name Meaning: Forest Fire

A villanelle! A pretty terrible villanelle but still a villanelle! This was hard, rhymes are evil. The form made it hard to tell an appropriate story here, but I didn’t really have a story in mind for Balmork anyway and I quite like the nature of this one regardless of how bad it is / difficult it was to write. Honestly, I’ve learned more about poetry forms by writing these exalt stories than I did in 10 years of English Literature studies.
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10928055] [img]https://imgur.com/LbTXFCn.png[/img][/url] [img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/c78d/f/2015/147/9/4/fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png[/img][color=transparent]x[/color][b]Vini – The Spy[/b] Vini was the only egg in her clutch, and Einmyrir named her in honour of her solitude – as one set apart, one hatched to stand above the rest. Like her brother [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1769078/5#post_18629144]Rekkr[/url] before her, she was raised to be one of the Arcanist’s leaders. However, unlike her warlike brother, Vini’s skill lay not in battle but in deception. She draped herself not in armour, but in the subtler powers favoured by dragons of the Shadow element: deception and guile and trickery. Her skill with speech – both persuasion and deception – was something Einmyrir himself could help her to hone, and father and daughter worked together for long hours while Vini wove herself scarves as dark as night and made fine trappings for her wings, and finally scarred glowing runes into her flanks to grant herself further favours from the Shadowbinder. Yet it was to the Arcanist that she belonged: her heart belonged to Him as surely as Einmyrir’s, and she was just as unwavering in her devotion. When both she and her father were certain that her powers could grow no stronger outside the Observatory’s walls, she slipped away to join the Arcanist as silently as a shadow. She did not look back. [br][img] http://imgur.com/i79pUJC.png[/img][br] [size=2]Name Meaning: Leader I quite like this one! :)[/size]

LbTXFCn.png

fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.pngxVini – The Spy

Vini was the only egg in her clutch, and Einmyrir named her in honour of her solitude – as one set apart, one hatched to stand above the rest. Like her brother Rekkr before her, she was raised to be one of the Arcanist’s leaders.

However, unlike her warlike brother, Vini’s skill lay not in battle but in deception. She draped herself not in armour, but in the subtler powers favoured by dragons of the Shadow element: deception and guile and trickery. Her skill with speech – both persuasion and deception – was something Einmyrir himself could help her to hone, and father and daughter worked together for long hours while Vini wove herself scarves as dark as night and made fine trappings for her wings, and finally scarred glowing runes into her flanks to grant herself further favours from the Shadowbinder.

Yet it was to the Arcanist that she belonged: her heart belonged to Him as surely as Einmyrir’s, and she was just as unwavering in her devotion.

When both she and her father were certain that her powers could grow no stronger outside the Observatory’s walls, she slipped away to join the Arcanist as silently as a shadow. She did not look back.

i79pUJC.png

Name Meaning: Leader

I quite like this one! :)

Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14