Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers' Chat: May Edition
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45
@Amut The one who bought @micahjaguar's obs/gold/orange nocturne was me! But I bought her on a whim because she was pretty, and I don't have any real plans for her. If you'd like her, I'll send you a crossroads for what I paid for her...? Let me know!
@Amut The one who bought @micahjaguar's obs/gold/orange nocturne was me! But I bought her on a whim because she was pretty, and I don't have any real plans for her. If you'd like her, I'll send you a crossroads for what I paid for her...? Let me know!
I'm an artist! I paint canvases and draw coloring pages! See my gallery: www.puffbird.net

Subscribe to my Patreon for monthly/weekly coloring pages, or just visit for the occasional freebies and monthly e-postcards!
@micahjaguar

Close-- mythological figures in general. Neith and Khnum are Egyptian deities that guarded some kind of geological feature-- for Neith it was the city of Ta-senet. She's got a load of other stuff that I won't go into too much detail of, but she also guides souls through the underworld and is the creator of humans in some legends. Hence she guards some of the deadliest secrets and the knowledge of the beginning and end in my clan lore. :D

Khnum is her sibling in some legends, consort in others (ancient mythology had a lot of confusing familial relations). He was originally the god of the Nile and since the tundra in my clan was of Water flight I went with it. :D

@Nightlilac

Everyone is named after ancient mythological figures. :D Well, everyone except Silver, who is after the metal; Bidwell, who's named after an OC; and Sky, who's named after the, well, sky. I figured since Iris is the personification of rainbows and all that jazz, she's very closely tied to the sky, hence naming m first mated pair Sky and Iris. :D

Aether is technically named after the place, but close enough. Aecor is named after the Latin word for blue but eh. Close enough.
@micahjaguar

Close-- mythological figures in general. Neith and Khnum are Egyptian deities that guarded some kind of geological feature-- for Neith it was the city of Ta-senet. She's got a load of other stuff that I won't go into too much detail of, but she also guides souls through the underworld and is the creator of humans in some legends. Hence she guards some of the deadliest secrets and the knowledge of the beginning and end in my clan lore. :D

Khnum is her sibling in some legends, consort in others (ancient mythology had a lot of confusing familial relations). He was originally the god of the Nile and since the tundra in my clan was of Water flight I went with it. :D

@Nightlilac

Everyone is named after ancient mythological figures. :D Well, everyone except Silver, who is after the metal; Bidwell, who's named after an OC; and Sky, who's named after the, well, sky. I figured since Iris is the personification of rainbows and all that jazz, she's very closely tied to the sky, hence naming m first mated pair Sky and Iris. :D

Aether is technically named after the place, but close enough. Aecor is named after the Latin word for blue but eh. Close enough.
uCR5SCW.png
*waves* I'm still here.... barely. Missed more of the festival than I wanted to, especially being in Water now. But I did manage to get the items and skins I wanted. Now to catch up, with the old thread and this one! @Amut Creepy twins are creepy! Who is the Guide? Is that you? Normally I don't think of Wind clans being that dark! Good job! @chalcara I like reading about Astra's shenanigans with the hatchlings! Though, that has to be tough on her. As part of the nuzlock challenge, can you accept a dragon as a gift from another player? Say, one of my dragons decided to go wandering, happened upon your small group, and decided to stay and help? @ShadesofCyan Plague is an awesome Plague dragon! @Pookasaur Finally! An update on Sandstripe! Aaannd I just bought this girl on a whim. She grows up so pretty. She still needs a name. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12749659] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127497/12749659_350.png[/img] [/url]
*waves* I'm still here.... barely. Missed more of the festival than I wanted to, especially being in Water now. But I did manage to get the items and skins I wanted.

Now to catch up, with the old thread and this one!

@Amut
Creepy twins are creepy! Who is the Guide? Is that you? Normally I don't think of Wind clans being that dark! Good job!

@chalcara
I like reading about Astra's shenanigans with the hatchlings! Though, that has to be tough on her. As part of the nuzlock challenge, can you accept a dragon as a gift from another player? Say, one of my dragons decided to go wandering, happened upon your small group, and decided to stay and help?

@ShadesofCyan
Plague is an awesome Plague dragon!

@Pookasaur
Finally! An update on Sandstripe!

Aaannd I just bought this girl on a whim. She grows up so pretty. She still needs a name.

12749659_350.png
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
I have a five egg nest of what will likely be speckle/freckle tundras hatching tomorrow, I think? I always like hatching those, it's exciting. The girl must really like big families though, she's only ever had one other nest and it was five eggs too.

@benalene What a pretty baby! Thistle shimmer is so nice.

@micahjaguar Oh what cute beach babies!

@ShadesofCyan I'm so glad that Plague got his kitty! He's perfect!
I have a five egg nest of what will likely be speckle/freckle tundras hatching tomorrow, I think? I always like hatching those, it's exciting. The girl must really like big families though, she's only ever had one other nest and it was five eggs too.

@benalene What a pretty baby! Thistle shimmer is so nice.

@micahjaguar Oh what cute beach babies!

@ShadesofCyan I'm so glad that Plague got his kitty! He's perfect!
OEbTfWA.pngQZBBtQI.png
@micahjaguar
*tries to relax* :'D Hehe, other than that I think things are coming out much better than I had hoped.

@LilacsandFreedom
Gosh, I always wonder how much research goes into those theory books. I always wonder how they get published too, but I'm sure enough people are interested in it?
Shoot if aliens did take Elvis they better bring him back about 10 years younger from when they took him. :v
@micahjaguar
*tries to relax* :'D Hehe, other than that I think things are coming out much better than I had hoped.

@LilacsandFreedom
Gosh, I always wonder how much research goes into those theory books. I always wonder how they get published too, but I'm sure enough people are interested in it?
Shoot if aliens did take Elvis they better bring him back about 10 years younger from when they took him. :v
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
@BombSwan

Probably quite a bit...
I'm certain a lot of people are interested in that sort of thing, considering there's entire documentaries dedicated to a lot of conspiracy theories- there's one dedicated solely to theories about "The Shining" for crying out loud!
(and that one is weird, let me tell ya)
Ya know, people always joke about aliens having dated ideas about Earth Culture, but considering what we've sent up there, I wouldn't be too surprised; at least they got the good stuff, could you imagine sending something like "Ninja Rap" up there XD?
@BombSwan

Probably quite a bit...
I'm certain a lot of people are interested in that sort of thing, considering there's entire documentaries dedicated to a lot of conspiracy theories- there's one dedicated solely to theories about "The Shining" for crying out loud!
(and that one is weird, let me tell ya)
Ya know, people always joke about aliens having dated ideas about Earth Culture, but considering what we've sent up there, I wouldn't be too surprised; at least they got the good stuff, could you imagine sending something like "Ninja Rap" up there XD?
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
Update on Fluffpelt! Heeeey, all my dragons have a bio and a story line now. That's neat. (Not too hard on the start on this challenge, though. Which, I guess, is half the fun with it.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12753764] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127538/12753764_350.png[/img] [/url] @Pookasaur Yay! I love reading about those two. Sandstripes seems to be doing better! @benalene You know… I really haven't thought about that! A quick research shows that the consensus is accepting gifts is fine, but requesting them is not. (Makes sense!) I would have to see. Right now any additional dragon (especially a non-basic non-plentiful) would be such a gigantic leg up, it would feel to me to be case of "follow the letter of the rules, not their meaning." I'd love visitors though, as soon as the three actually have established their lair in story. Right now I enjoy the "three in the woods" dynamic enough, that I put off hatching my May egg. (I hope that one will be a boy, but we'll see. I can make a girl work, too.) Your new coatl is really cute! I love thistle shimmer.

Update on Fluffpelt! Heeeey, all my dragons have a bio and a story line now. That's neat. (Not too hard on the start on this challenge, though. Which, I guess, is half the fun with it.)

12753764_350.png

@Pookasaur
Yay! I love reading about those two. Sandstripes seems to be doing better!

@benalene
You know… I really haven't thought about that!

A quick research shows that the consensus is accepting gifts is fine, but requesting them is not. (Makes sense!)

I would have to see. Right now any additional dragon (especially a non-basic non-plentiful) would be such a gigantic leg up, it would feel to me to be case of "follow the letter of the rules, not their meaning."

I'd love visitors though, as soon as the three actually have established their lair in story. Right now I enjoy the "three in the woods" dynamic enough, that I put off hatching my May egg. (I hope that one will be a boy, but we'll see. I can make a girl work, too.)

Your new coatl is really cute! I love thistle shimmer.
@FloatingInSpace
That's cool! And a heck of a lot more creative than I've been with mine. Except for dragons I've bought that were named, they're all named using words mostly from Word of the Day. Except for the Cryptic boys, who share a family theme, it's all just random words I've never heard in daily language before. I really like the name Bidwell by the way. I'm not sure why, but it rolls off the tongue, you know?
@FloatingInSpace
That's cool! And a heck of a lot more creative than I've been with mine. Except for dragons I've bought that were named, they're all named using words mostly from Word of the Day. Except for the Cryptic boys, who share a family theme, it's all just random words I've never heard in daily language before. I really like the name Bidwell by the way. I'm not sure why, but it rolls off the tongue, you know?
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...

Fweee, the rummage sale is done; I can let my feet recover and start thinking about writing again. Huzzah!

I finally posted one of my FR stories! There's a separate thread for it on the board, but here's a direct link, in case you're curious: Kyrszith's Price. Comments definitely welcome!

And I caught up on writing all my brief dragon bios, except for Liria, who somehow managed to slip through the cracks. (And the newest hatchlings, who are probably going to be exalted, but I expect I'll at least name and level them a bit before that happens.)

I had fun during the festival (my first!)--I got most of the chests and all the holiday apparel, and bought two of the marketplace-only skins/accents. Plus did various games and things on the forums. It was neat. ^_^

Happy May, all!

-V

Fweee, the rummage sale is done; I can let my feet recover and start thinking about writing again. Huzzah!

I finally posted one of my FR stories! There's a separate thread for it on the board, but here's a direct link, in case you're curious: Kyrszith's Price. Comments definitely welcome!

And I caught up on writing all my brief dragon bios, except for Liria, who somehow managed to slip through the cracks. (And the newest hatchlings, who are probably going to be exalted, but I expect I'll at least name and level them a bit before that happens.)

I had fun during the festival (my first!)--I got most of the chests and all the holiday apparel, and bought two of the marketplace-only skins/accents. Plus did various games and things on the forums. It was neat. ^_^

Happy May, all!

-V
MmSftql.png
@puffbird I'd love that! Her obs/gold/orange would pair up great with this guy's midnight/sunshine/sunshine [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2520048] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25201/2520048_350.png[/img] [/url] @benalene Ah, I forgot who summed up the Guide. But it was way waaaaaaaaay long ago that it came about in the "Who Are You?" thread that micahjaguar stared about two years ago. Technically the Guide is Centhwevir's Charge because I needed to explain to myself where progens came from. @FlyingNorth also has a version of the Guide as well, and theirs is pretty cool, given how it's trying to "start over again", they used to be @Troubador but that account got stolen and they wrote it into their new Clan. Anyways... the Guide's been around since the founding of the Clan, so almost none of the members talk about it unless it does something really strange or makes purchasing commentary..... until recently that is... *eyes creepy twins* [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42150] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/422/42150_350.png[/img] [/url] Centhwevir, who started everything. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=833330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8334/833330_350.png[/img] [/url] Rahjah, who used to be a guardian. & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2677005] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/26771/2677005_350.png[/img] [/url] Eirwyn, who is still sort of an odd duck in the Clan and knows it. [/center[
@puffbird

I'd love that! Her obs/gold/orange would pair up great with this guy's midnight/sunshine/sunshine

2520048_350.png

@benalene

Ah, I forgot who summed up the Guide. But it was way waaaaaaaaay long ago that it came about in the "Who Are You?" thread that micahjaguar stared about two years ago. Technically the Guide is Centhwevir's Charge because I needed to explain to myself where progens came from. @FlyingNorth also has a version of the Guide as well, and theirs is pretty cool, given how it's trying to "start over again", they used to be @Troubador but that account got stolen and they wrote it into their new Clan.

Anyways... the Guide's been around since the founding of the Clan, so almost none of the members talk about it unless it does something really strange or makes purchasing commentary..... until recently that is... *eyes creepy twins*

42150_350.png

Centhwevir, who started everything.

833330_350.png

Rahjah, who used to be a guardian.

&

2677005_350.png

Eirwyn, who is still sort of an odd duck in the Clan and knows it.

[/center[
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 44 45