Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers' Chat: May Edition
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
@LilacsandFreedom
Exalt fodder is the way to go! There are others who sell some pretty expensive babes, but I know exalting is more reliable and gets dragons out of the market.

RIght? Ah, it was kind of cute. Although I not super into conspiracy theories I do like JFK's and all the interesting things that have been presented. Shoot I like theory crafting in general as long as we aren't going overboard. Like Elvis still being alive...Also it was Aliens because i said so

@micahjaguar
That is true. I just have some serious confidence issues to work out with things. Plus, a lot of the questions I worry about are ones that no one is going to ask. Hopefully. Emma. Stop.
@LilacsandFreedom
Exalt fodder is the way to go! There are others who sell some pretty expensive babes, but I know exalting is more reliable and gets dragons out of the market.

RIght? Ah, it was kind of cute. Although I not super into conspiracy theories I do like JFK's and all the interesting things that have been presented. Shoot I like theory crafting in general as long as we aren't going overboard. Like Elvis still being alive...Also it was Aliens because i said so

@micahjaguar
That is true. I just have some serious confidence issues to work out with things. Plus, a lot of the questions I worry about are ones that no one is going to ask. Hopefully. Emma. Stop.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
@micahjaguar

He's a fun one... and also likes motorcycles... so now I have to go find out about motorcycles now.

Meanwhile.... I rather like that Obs/Gold/Orange noc you have there..... Are you willing to part with her perhaps?
@micahjaguar

He's a fun one... and also likes motorcycles... so now I have to go find out about motorcycles now.

Meanwhile.... I rather like that Obs/Gold/Orange noc you have there..... Are you willing to part with her perhaps?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Pyrasaur oooo, that midnight/mulberry/purple boy is gorgeous. @ShadesofCyan I AM SO HAPPY FOR PLAGUE! @micahjaguar Her abilities might, but not anytime soon SO! After being ignored for the LONGEST time, I finally updated Sandstripe and LanternGlow. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5735993] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/57360/5735993_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5345731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/53458/5345731_350.png[/img] [/url] And then Iraeharita's eggs hatched yesterday. Two PCs and a fae. This is the cutest: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12806181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128062/12806181_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Pyrasaur oooo, that midnight/mulberry/purple boy is gorgeous.

@ShadesofCyan I AM SO HAPPY FOR PLAGUE!

@micahjaguar Her abilities might, but not anytime soon

SO! After being ignored for the LONGEST time, I finally updated Sandstripe and LanternGlow.

5735993_350.png

5345731_350.png

And then Iraeharita's eggs hatched yesterday. Two PCs and a fae. This is the cutest:

12806181_350.png
windflight_zpsd8c8bf0c.png
Okay... after extensive shy stalking of this topic, I suppose I should actually... post something on here.
[Pause for awkward silence as I sit at my desk for at least an hour debating what to say]
Well... I guess the first thing to say is hello! I'm a little new to the site, and all that... -vague hand motions- stuff. I really like that there is a thread specifically for this! I'm an author... er... at least on the scale of 'I write and I've gotten published through school-organizations like Young Authors but I'm seeking out publishing opportunities with actual publishers so I can hopefully have money for college, BUT I'm also terrified of showing my work to people so I'm procrastinating while also trying to get it all done' [while also being somehow unable to write even a single dragon bio or piece of lore].
For the most part I write animal characters [Canine in resemblance for the most part] that are usually two parts or just normal books but this year my project is a book with...
[pause for dramatic effect]
three parts and human characters. -Shudders- I can only imagine how this is going to turn out. Thank goodness my brother is super interested and wants to help me with it.

In any case... uh... [cue another awkward pause] I'm really looking forward to meeting and talking to all of you guys. You all seem so nice and knowledgable of the whole writing thing! [Plus all the dragons you guys submit in this thread are freaking gorgeous.]
Okay... after extensive shy stalking of this topic, I suppose I should actually... post something on here.
[Pause for awkward silence as I sit at my desk for at least an hour debating what to say]
Well... I guess the first thing to say is hello! I'm a little new to the site, and all that... -vague hand motions- stuff. I really like that there is a thread specifically for this! I'm an author... er... at least on the scale of 'I write and I've gotten published through school-organizations like Young Authors but I'm seeking out publishing opportunities with actual publishers so I can hopefully have money for college, BUT I'm also terrified of showing my work to people so I'm procrastinating while also trying to get it all done' [while also being somehow unable to write even a single dragon bio or piece of lore].
For the most part I write animal characters [Canine in resemblance for the most part] that are usually two parts or just normal books but this year my project is a book with...
[pause for dramatic effect]
three parts and human characters. -Shudders- I can only imagine how this is going to turn out. Thank goodness my brother is super interested and wants to help me with it.

In any case... uh... [cue another awkward pause] I'm really looking forward to meeting and talking to all of you guys. You all seem so nice and knowledgable of the whole writing thing! [Plus all the dragons you guys submit in this thread are freaking gorgeous.]
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
@Nightlilac

Welcome, newbie! Nice to see another clueless face around here. :P

I'm stumbling around dragon bios as well, though I am trying to actually write them all down. I have Dionysus, Chrysus, and Sky done, though only Dionysus is satisfacotry. I have Apophis who is up to date (and is very disturbing and gory, please read with caution) because it just wandered into my clan.

I'm by no means a professional writer and cannot handle dead-lines for crap (See failed writing shop LOL).

I do have a lengthy, lengthy lore in the works. You can see bits of it in Astarte's rough outline as well as Neith and Khnum's bios.

Bonus points if you understand where I'm getting all of these names.
@Nightlilac

Welcome, newbie! Nice to see another clueless face around here. :P

I'm stumbling around dragon bios as well, though I am trying to actually write them all down. I have Dionysus, Chrysus, and Sky done, though only Dionysus is satisfacotry. I have Apophis who is up to date (and is very disturbing and gory, please read with caution) because it just wandered into my clan.

I'm by no means a professional writer and cannot handle dead-lines for crap (See failed writing shop LOL).

I do have a lengthy, lengthy lore in the works. You can see bits of it in Astarte's rough outline as well as Neith and Khnum's bios.

Bonus points if you understand where I'm getting all of these names.
uCR5SCW.png
@micahjaguar
These two have lovely babies so it's never a surprise what I get with the tight range on them
@micahjaguar
These two have lovely babies so it's never a surprise what I get with the tight range on them
@Pyrasaur In my experience the only thing that makes you better at time-managing your writing projects is getting a feel for how long things take you. I didn't really start having one until...rrm. Novel #6? Maybe? When things started settling in, and I could finally say 'okay, the average book takes me about 2-3 months to write, and I need this much time off to edit, and this much time to package, and this much time to recuperate before I can start a new one.' But eventually things do seem to settle into a predictable routine. Then you can start making even more annoying choices, like 'how hard do I push myself'. -_- @BombSwan *gets you a cool cloth for your forehead* *makes you lie down* *agrees with 'JUST STAHP'* @Amut Someone bought her while I was sleeping! Alas! @Pookasaur Awww, Sandstripe! So sad! But I'm so glad he went after LanternGlow! *has hopes!* @Nightlilac Welcome to the thread! There's no reason to feel awkward! We like new folks fine, and you did your introduction just right! (There are less good ways to introduce yourself. Lol. You didn't do any of that.) Here, sit on this pillow, have some hot cocoa. Tell us about the pieces that won those contests! And tell us what you like to read (and have you read anything good lately? We're always looking for new books to read/talk about!). @FloatingInSpace You're naming them in Greek? (My whole lair was Greek gods, goddesses, titans, and minor spirits for a while, until I started running out of names. Then I moved to Latin, Hebrew, and finally gave up and started naming them whatever seemed easiest. Lol.) Although I think Apophis is Egyptian, isn't it? Today's babies are demonstrations of the tight knit between writer chat families. @SadariEvenstar's boy and Pookasaur's girl gave me some seashine babies! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12848683] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128487/12848683_350.png[/img] [/url] So cute. *tickles them* Anyway. I'm just about done with novel edits so that's what I'm up to today, once I'm done being mom. I hope y'all had a good Saturnalia!
@Pyrasaur In my experience the only thing that makes you better at time-managing your writing projects is getting a feel for how long things take you. I didn't really start having one until...rrm. Novel #6? Maybe? When things started settling in, and I could finally say 'okay, the average book takes me about 2-3 months to write, and I need this much time off to edit, and this much time to package, and this much time to recuperate before I can start a new one.' But eventually things do seem to settle into a predictable routine. Then you can start making even more annoying choices, like 'how hard do I push myself'. -_-

@BombSwan *gets you a cool cloth for your forehead* *makes you lie down* *agrees with 'JUST STAHP'*

@Amut Someone bought her while I was sleeping! Alas!

@Pookasaur Awww, Sandstripe! So sad! But I'm so glad he went after LanternGlow! *has hopes!*

@Nightlilac Welcome to the thread! There's no reason to feel awkward! We like new folks fine, and you did your introduction just right! (There are less good ways to introduce yourself. Lol. You didn't do any of that.) Here, sit on this pillow, have some hot cocoa. Tell us about the pieces that won those contests! And tell us what you like to read (and have you read anything good lately? We're always looking for new books to read/talk about!).

@FloatingInSpace You're naming them in Greek? (My whole lair was Greek gods, goddesses, titans, and minor spirits for a while, until I started running out of names. Then I moved to Latin, Hebrew, and finally gave up and started naming them whatever seemed easiest. Lol.) Although I think Apophis is Egyptian, isn't it?

Today's babies are demonstrations of the tight knit between writer chat families. @SadariEvenstar's boy and Pookasaur's girl gave me some seashine babies!

12848683_350.png

So cute. *tickles them*

Anyway. I'm just about done with novel edits so that's what I'm up to today, once I'm done being mom. I hope y'all had a good Saturnalia!
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@FloatingInSpace
Thanks for the welcome! I always have ideas [how about this dragon was promised to this one but falls in love with another but the other dragon gets exalted] but they never really form together to make such lovely bios such as the ones you have! I didn't have time to read them all [homework and family stuff] but I made a point to read as many as possible [including Apophis, which is definitely not the story to go to bed on.] and I enjoyed all of them! I love the backstory and fleshing out it gives to them and how well you do it with unique story ideas! I hope when I have more time I'll be able to finish the rest!
[Also, no bonus points for me. The names sound vaguely familiar but I wouldn't be able to come close to their origin if I tried. The only one I recognized was Dionysus.]

@micahjaguar
Thanks for the welcome! And the pillow and hot cocoa!
I've so far won three of the contests, but the first one was way back in sixth grade and was only twelve pages so that doesn't count. The first of the other two was called "Athena's Untold Story", which was my first project to go over a hundred pages [It's not much but I'll take it]. I'd say it was about 'dogs' and leave it there, but I know from experience that apparently this isn't exactly what people are looking for, so I'll try to describe it without giving away crucial plot details.
It started as a backstory to fill in a year missing in a character's bio, but it came out to much more. Part One, Untold, is the story of the year, while part two, Redemption, deals with an 'infestation' of rabid dogs. It... it's better if you read it trust me. It's got conflict and secrets and a character that speaks in riddles and epic battles and death and love and rejection and all that good stuff.
The most recent book was "The Seventh Moon's Rise". This one wasn't as long, at only about seventy pages, but the plot was pretty epic in my opinion. Basically it deals with these fantasy wolf packs who are battling another outside pack known as 'Hostiles'. The Chosen One, a wolf destined to lead the packs to war and guarantee their victory has been chosen, but something went wrong during this choosing, and instead of one, there are two chosen wolves, and the prophecy has changed. The Second will kill the True on the Seventh Moon's Rise.
It's a tale of deception, epic powers, war, death, and stubbornness. All the good stuff.

On the subject of books, I mostly just don't read nonfiction. The rest is up for grabs. Of course I love all the Hunger Games, Eragon, Warrior Cats, and Divergent series but at this point that's mostly expected, so I'll say some other books that you guys might(?) not know. Modelland, Fat Chance, Virals, the Unicorns of Balinor series [they're made for younger audiences but I still like them.], Dead By Morning, Flying Changes, Born to Die (I think that's the title? I'll have to check.) and then a bunch of books by Dean Koontz like House of Thunder, and I think the one was 'Midnight'? The Husband was also good. [Warning, some of these may contain *coughcoughsuggestiveeyebrows* scenes. I have a remarkable affinity for being able to not remember those things so I don't know where they are. I don't think there's any in those ones, but I know Midnight is a little disturbing to some people. Darkness my Old Friend is a good one too. That one is the one I finished most recently, and I really enjoyed it despite certain questionable behaviors of the main three teenagers.

And I think... I think that's it.
@FloatingInSpace
Thanks for the welcome! I always have ideas [how about this dragon was promised to this one but falls in love with another but the other dragon gets exalted] but they never really form together to make such lovely bios such as the ones you have! I didn't have time to read them all [homework and family stuff] but I made a point to read as many as possible [including Apophis, which is definitely not the story to go to bed on.] and I enjoyed all of them! I love the backstory and fleshing out it gives to them and how well you do it with unique story ideas! I hope when I have more time I'll be able to finish the rest!
[Also, no bonus points for me. The names sound vaguely familiar but I wouldn't be able to come close to their origin if I tried. The only one I recognized was Dionysus.]

@micahjaguar
Thanks for the welcome! And the pillow and hot cocoa!
I've so far won three of the contests, but the first one was way back in sixth grade and was only twelve pages so that doesn't count. The first of the other two was called "Athena's Untold Story", which was my first project to go over a hundred pages [It's not much but I'll take it]. I'd say it was about 'dogs' and leave it there, but I know from experience that apparently this isn't exactly what people are looking for, so I'll try to describe it without giving away crucial plot details.
It started as a backstory to fill in a year missing in a character's bio, but it came out to much more. Part One, Untold, is the story of the year, while part two, Redemption, deals with an 'infestation' of rabid dogs. It... it's better if you read it trust me. It's got conflict and secrets and a character that speaks in riddles and epic battles and death and love and rejection and all that good stuff.
The most recent book was "The Seventh Moon's Rise". This one wasn't as long, at only about seventy pages, but the plot was pretty epic in my opinion. Basically it deals with these fantasy wolf packs who are battling another outside pack known as 'Hostiles'. The Chosen One, a wolf destined to lead the packs to war and guarantee their victory has been chosen, but something went wrong during this choosing, and instead of one, there are two chosen wolves, and the prophecy has changed. The Second will kill the True on the Seventh Moon's Rise.
It's a tale of deception, epic powers, war, death, and stubbornness. All the good stuff.

On the subject of books, I mostly just don't read nonfiction. The rest is up for grabs. Of course I love all the Hunger Games, Eragon, Warrior Cats, and Divergent series but at this point that's mostly expected, so I'll say some other books that you guys might(?) not know. Modelland, Fat Chance, Virals, the Unicorns of Balinor series [they're made for younger audiences but I still like them.], Dead By Morning, Flying Changes, Born to Die (I think that's the title? I'll have to check.) and then a bunch of books by Dean Koontz like House of Thunder, and I think the one was 'Midnight'? The Husband was also good. [Warning, some of these may contain *coughcoughsuggestiveeyebrows* scenes. I have a remarkable affinity for being able to not remember those things so I don't know where they are. I don't think there's any in those ones, but I know Midnight is a little disturbing to some people. Darkness my Old Friend is a good one too. That one is the one I finished most recently, and I really enjoyed it despite certain questionable behaviors of the main three teenagers.

And I think... I think that's it.
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
@micahjaguar

Ah boo..... *closes scryer* do let me know if you get another one. Iskariot could use a pretty mimic mate.
@micahjaguar

Ah boo..... *closes scryer* do let me know if you get another one. Iskariot could use a pretty mimic mate.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Bombswan

Conspiracies are wild things, and some of them get so downright ridiculous it's hilarious XD
Believe me, I had to look up a few for my paper, and some were out there, man!

'Course, when it comes to Elvis: I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I DIDN'T TOUCH HIM
or aliens just have really good taste in music, who knows?
@Bombswan

Conspiracies are wild things, and some of them get so downright ridiculous it's hilarious XD
Believe me, I had to look up a few for my paper, and some were out there, man!

'Course, when it comes to Elvis: I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I DIDN'T TOUCH HIM
or aliens just have really good taste in music, who knows?
eppAZHY.pngu1qMgY0.png SqnIrhs.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45