Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers' Chat: May Edition
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
I...am going to have something to say in the April version of this thread. Of course I'd notice this on literally the last day it can be noticed. I'll suffice right now to say that the reason I've come back to FR is for the writing community, and I want to get into it a lot more. Hopefully, I'll find
I...am going to have something to say in the April version of this thread. Of course I'd notice this on literally the last day it can be noticed. I'll suffice right now to say that the reason I've come back to FR is for the writing community, and I want to get into it a lot more. Hopefully, I'll find
@velvetpaws he's not too sure either. I'm also not sure. But it's written and posted. Now I have to write the reunion and the move. *gibber*

@SpringyBirdd it's just the raffle my friend Snaptrap is running. She's been running a series of raffles to go with all the festivals. Nature was the smallest of them so far with only a quarter of million tickets. Light is also the first of the triple prizes. Which means a full set of the festival stuff from 2013. Yes, that includes a Light Sprite. A full set from 2014 and a full set of whatever is for 2015. She also has a second Light Sprite, as well as chests from the previous two festivals. Then there is all the other prizes, the contests within the raffle, the ambushes and everything else.

Her acceptors are terrified for good reasons.
@velvetpaws he's not too sure either. I'm also not sure. But it's written and posted. Now I have to write the reunion and the move. *gibber*

@SpringyBirdd it's just the raffle my friend Snaptrap is running. She's been running a series of raffles to go with all the festivals. Nature was the smallest of them so far with only a quarter of million tickets. Light is also the first of the triple prizes. Which means a full set of the festival stuff from 2013. Yes, that includes a Light Sprite. A full set from 2014 and a full set of whatever is for 2015. She also has a second Light Sprite, as well as chests from the previous two festivals. Then there is all the other prizes, the contests within the raffle, the ambushes and everything else.

Her acceptors are terrified for good reasons.
@ShadesofCyan Ohhhhhhhh
@ShadesofCyan Ohhhhhhhh
I just found this thread and I'm super excited to see such an active community of writers on this website! It just gets better and better every day I use it!!
I just found this thread and I'm super excited to see such an active community of writers on this website! It just gets better and better every day I use it!!
I think I've spent too much time in the coliseum recently...I recently had a DREAM about it. XD

I dreamed I went into an area that I've not been to yet, either Arena or Rainsong, and there were like...HUGE packs of enemies waiting...more than the usual three, more even than the occasional four. I was like, "NOPE!...Refresh!...NOPE!...Refresh!...NOPE!...Refresh!..." because each time it had like....5-7 enemies waiting to trounce my dragons. XD
I think I've spent too much time in the coliseum recently...I recently had a DREAM about it. XD

I dreamed I went into an area that I've not been to yet, either Arena or Rainsong, and there were like...HUGE packs of enemies waiting...more than the usual three, more even than the occasional four. I was like, "NOPE!...Refresh!...NOPE!...Refresh!...NOPE!...Refresh!..." because each time it had like....5-7 enemies waiting to trounce my dragons. XD
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
REMINDER TO ALL: Tomorrow we start a new thread! Check the pinglist, make sure you're on it (or aren't, if you're tired of hearing us blather). We'll be moving to the June edition, so try to remember to respond over there. :) @SadariEvenstar And as if it wasn't bad enough that there's a gem gene on the horizon, there was apparently gem apparel too! *is now poor* Also, I love the prayer kites. :) @PocketTheSaurus Happy belated birthday! Did you find a dragon? All the ones I had born on the 28th were kind of disappointing... So far, the book on Amazon is "hot and trending" (and has been for days!). So I have my claws crossed. :) @ArdentGale Some libraries have it, some don't... usually they order it if someone asks for it, so hopefully your library will too. :) Don't worry if your story needs some stick-beating. Some stories are just stick-beaty types of stories. The ones that flow easily from beginning to end are much rarer in my experience. *cheers you on!* @Ladyslayer Ah, so I'm not the only one noticing things are slow! That's good. (And don't worry, I can hold this thing indefinitely for you... I'll probably forget I even have it until you remind me!). I see October got a new name, and a sad backstory... poor thing! I'm glad he has a better home now! @LadyRowyn NO CONSORT DON'T DO IT AAAHHHH @benalene There was too much sympathy for Fossy. It was time for him to act a little unreasonable. -_- Omg Saule! Love it! *heehee* Also, I've never seen that tundra accent?? It is amazinnnng. Do want! All the tundra accents! @ShadesofCyan Oh wow, your dragons actually talk to the gods! *is impressed* @SpringyBirdd Trystan looks good! But I would say that, because tundra. >.> @gunslinger @GrowingTheBear Welcome, newfolks! *pulls up pillows* Come, sit down! Tell us about your projects, what you like to write... if you've read any good books lately! You'll find lots of writers here in every stage of development, from people just starting out to crazies who are paying their grocery bills. We love to hear from new people! :) (Do note we're about to move to the June thread, though! Put yourself on the pinglist on page 1 if you want to be notified when we move!) @VioletWhirlwind Things are bad when you're dreaming FR. >.> Okay, I think that's everyone? Hopefully? I am kneedeep in edits, so I am pretty busy (sorry for not keeping up!). Did everyone have a good Greenskeepers? Get enough shrubberies? Those cloaks today! I got two! One of them wrote Hyperion's story for him. Hyperion's the son of Simon, a dragon I gave @Pookasaur (and who wrote him a wonderful happy ending). So I guess it's no surprise my attempt at making him all dark and traumatized went goofy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12776761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127768/12776761_350.png[/img] [/url]
REMINDER TO ALL: Tomorrow we start a new thread! Check the pinglist, make sure you're on it (or aren't, if you're tired of hearing us blather). We'll be moving to the June edition, so try to remember to respond over there. :)

@SadariEvenstar And as if it wasn't bad enough that there's a gem gene on the horizon, there was apparently gem apparel too! *is now poor* Also, I love the prayer kites. :)

@PocketTheSaurus Happy belated birthday! Did you find a dragon? All the ones I had born on the 28th were kind of disappointing...

So far, the book on Amazon is "hot and trending" (and has been for days!). So I have my claws crossed. :)

@ArdentGale Some libraries have it, some don't... usually they order it if someone asks for it, so hopefully your library will too. :)

Don't worry if your story needs some stick-beating. Some stories are just stick-beaty types of stories. The ones that flow easily from beginning to end are much rarer in my experience. *cheers you on!*

@Ladyslayer Ah, so I'm not the only one noticing things are slow! That's good. (And don't worry, I can hold this thing indefinitely for you... I'll probably forget I even have it until you remind me!). I see October got a new name, and a sad backstory... poor thing! I'm glad he has a better home now!

@LadyRowyn NO CONSORT DON'T DO IT AAAHHHH

@benalene There was too much sympathy for Fossy. It was time for him to act a little unreasonable. -_-

Omg Saule! Love it! *heehee* Also, I've never seen that tundra accent?? It is amazinnnng. Do want! All the tundra accents!

@ShadesofCyan Oh wow, your dragons actually talk to the gods! *is impressed*

@SpringyBirdd Trystan looks good! But I would say that, because tundra. >.>

@gunslinger @GrowingTheBear Welcome, newfolks! *pulls up pillows* Come, sit down! Tell us about your projects, what you like to write... if you've read any good books lately! You'll find lots of writers here in every stage of development, from people just starting out to crazies who are paying their grocery bills. We love to hear from new people! :) (Do note we're about to move to the June thread, though! Put yourself on the pinglist on page 1 if you want to be notified when we move!)

@VioletWhirlwind Things are bad when you're dreaming FR. >.>

Okay, I think that's everyone? Hopefully? I am kneedeep in edits, so I am pretty busy (sorry for not keeping up!). Did everyone have a good Greenskeepers? Get enough shrubberies? Those cloaks today! I got two! One of them wrote Hyperion's story for him. Hyperion's the son of Simon, a dragon I gave @Pookasaur (and who wrote him a wonderful happy ending). So I guess it's no surprise my attempt at making him all dark and traumatized went goofy.

12776761_350.png

Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@micahjaguar
I am happy you like the story! I was in need of a dragon capable of giving Outis a 'reality' check to other clans and I think Jarvis fits it perfectly. (and good to know about the accent! It just makes me more determined!)
@micahjaguar
I am happy you like the story! I was in need of a dragon capable of giving Outis a 'reality' check to other clans and I think Jarvis fits it perfectly. (and good to know about the accent! It just makes me more determined!)
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
@micahjaguar

Haha! Thank you for the welcome! I've already stuck my name into the pinglist! I think I'll post all the projects I'm doing tomorrow, on the fresh thread and get myself introduced that way.

@micahjaguar

Haha! Thank you for the welcome! I've already stuck my name into the pinglist! I think I'll post all the projects I'm doing tomorrow, on the fresh thread and get myself introduced that way.

@VioletWhirlwind Hehe, I've been spending too much time in the Coliseum too! I haven't had dreams about it (yet) but that kind of thing has happened to me before when I've spent too much time playing a video game.

@LadyRowyn Whoops, this is me getting back to you kind of late...is that boy you posted still available? His colors are kind of odd, but I find them striking for some reason. (And I have such a weakness for Tundras...)

@SadariEvenstar I was creeping on your lair to see your Tundra babies and wanted to say your Gemini boys from yesterday are adorable! I appreciate their names, heh. :)

@micahjaguar Aww, I feel for poor Hyperion and his colds. I've been dealing with something that's either a summer cold or a weirdly-symptomed pollen allergy...post nasal drip, chest congestion, scratchy throat and sneezing. (Maybe I need to find a steam gyre and some eucalyptus).

And (belated) thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a mostly normal day (plus gluten-free cupcakes) but then I got invited to a "Kid Lit" drinks meetup and ended up hanging out with a bunch of local authors who all write somewhere in the middle grade/young adult spectrum. I kind of felt like a newbie because I seemed to be the only one who didn't have a book published (or due to be published), but everyone was really nice and it was fascinating to hear about what they're working on. I guess it's going to be a monthly thing, so that should be fun!

In other writing news...still slogging away at the novel. I keep getting distracted by thoughts like "I should really have a map! Hmm, how do I make a map...?" and end up poking at a sketchbook instead of writing.

...Or, you know, messing around on FR instead of writing. Dagnabbit, I promised myself I would finish writing the Big Important Story-within-a-story today. *scuttles off to write*
@VioletWhirlwind Hehe, I've been spending too much time in the Coliseum too! I haven't had dreams about it (yet) but that kind of thing has happened to me before when I've spent too much time playing a video game.

@LadyRowyn Whoops, this is me getting back to you kind of late...is that boy you posted still available? His colors are kind of odd, but I find them striking for some reason. (And I have such a weakness for Tundras...)

@SadariEvenstar I was creeping on your lair to see your Tundra babies and wanted to say your Gemini boys from yesterday are adorable! I appreciate their names, heh. :)

@micahjaguar Aww, I feel for poor Hyperion and his colds. I've been dealing with something that's either a summer cold or a weirdly-symptomed pollen allergy...post nasal drip, chest congestion, scratchy throat and sneezing. (Maybe I need to find a steam gyre and some eucalyptus).

And (belated) thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a mostly normal day (plus gluten-free cupcakes) but then I got invited to a "Kid Lit" drinks meetup and ended up hanging out with a bunch of local authors who all write somewhere in the middle grade/young adult spectrum. I kind of felt like a newbie because I seemed to be the only one who didn't have a book published (or due to be published), but everyone was really nice and it was fascinating to hear about what they're working on. I guess it's going to be a monthly thing, so that should be fun!

In other writing news...still slogging away at the novel. I keep getting distracted by thoughts like "I should really have a map! Hmm, how do I make a map...?" and end up poking at a sketchbook instead of writing.

...Or, you know, messing around on FR instead of writing. Dagnabbit, I promised myself I would finish writing the Big Important Story-within-a-story today. *scuttles off to write*
5NpWyuc.png oq4SbhH.png 8qtlLxx.gif
*pokes head round corner*
Hi. I'm easily the youngest of you all at 13. But I have a really bad problem with writers block and I was wondering what you would do to help! I also sometimes write dragon lore and recently got published!
*pokes head round corner*
Hi. I'm easily the youngest of you all at 13. But I have a really bad problem with writers block and I was wondering what you would do to help! I also sometimes write dragon lore and recently got published!
I love horses! And my gorgeous boys, Exaggerator, Curlin and Irish War Cry!
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45