Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Because We Are Survivors [Nuzlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Nimphy
Nooo ;-; Omg I liked Vale so much and wanted to take him, but saw he was gone </3
Bye bye precious bae :c
@Nimphy
Nooo ;-; Omg I liked Vale so much and wanted to take him, but saw he was gone </3
Bye bye precious bae :c
RU3Ub7C.png __________________________________
mini/yest - they/them - huge nerd - infp
- your friendly neighbourhood fruit bat -
average artist - what is communication
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
I summon thee, my followers! @ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri @Rifka @Elzerei @Midwich @ShardofSun @Valemora @Xarina @speedythedino @PokeTami @Dolorosa Hello there everyone! First of all, my apologies for all of this. I have a boatload of excuses, but I'll cut it to "Depression, luckily gone away, plus lots of being out of town and laziness". I've had this chapter ready for a couple of months, believe it or not, but for so,e reason I never posted it, so I finally decided to go with it. The next one might not be what you expect, but it's the only way I can actually catch up and narrate something more current and interesting! Also, as an apology, feel free to ask in-character questions to the characters, or out-of-character questions to me. Yes, that's right, it's a Q&A! Go ahead and have fun! As a last news, I'm co-writing for the CARPE raffle, which is awesome and you should check it out! I'm definitely not biased in saying that ;) And now enough chitter-chatter. Enjoy the story! --------------- [center] [size=5][u][b]Chapter 7: Surprise[/b][/u][/size] Caron opened his eyes. The sky was beautiful. It was much clearer than it usually was above in the Wastelands, and he could hear seagulls at a short distance away. The sun was warm, and the light hid behind a... ...cloooud. This was definitely not home. Caron furrowed his brow, thinking. Trying to remember how he had fallen asleep. Yesterday he had played with the hatchling, and then... Went to fight. They had lost. He shot up, instantly in the air and looking. Vale. He needed to find Vale. He was in danger. Why weren't they even in the Scorched Forest anymore? "Vale! Vale!" he called out, even though he knew it was pointless. Whatever had happened, Vale was not there anymore. "Excuse me?" a voice asked, and Caron whipped around. It was a small Skydancer, almost an adult, but not quite. "I found you there and didn't know what to do, so I took you here, and--" "Where is Vale?" the Spiral interrupted. The Skydancer hesitated a moment. "He wasn't breathing! I couldn't carry a dead body, you were already too heavy and there were enemies coming, so I left him there." There was silence, while both of them stared at the ground, Caron is disbelief, the younger dragon trying to hide his gaze. "I was just looking for my brothers." he finally whispered. "I couldn't find them anywhere! I just saw you, and you were barely breathing, so I took you here." [i]Day 39, Addendum I... I took in someone. His name is Bud. He doesn't want to go home before finding his brothers. So he'll practically live with us for the rest of his life. Vale died. Another one. I lost another one. Everyone is dying, everyone. It was me this time, I wanted to go in dangerous areas. And Vale is dead. [/i] Why the HELL am I still alive?! [i]Day 40 The egg. Hatched. Yesterday. It's a guardian, a blue baby Guardian. Khusavir. He likes Bud and Requiem. They go along so well. Day 40, Addendum I don't know why am I writing. I just need to. The hatchlings are playing with some apparel. They like goggles. Go figure. Khusavir loves that Birdskull Headdress. He looks so very silly. Arliin loved those creepy things, too. It was weird, but I think they suited him. Day 42 The goggles now fit, apparently. I woke up this morning and found both Requiem and Bud running around in those things. Bud also tried on at least five different hats, before he decided on a cabbie. Requiem found Battlecry's old armor. It fits her perfectly. She didn't like the boots though. She also put on Arliin's old Wingpiece. Truly a living Requiem. Day 43 They want to go fight. They decided they'd wait until Khusavir was bigger, but they want to form a team. The three of them, just the three of them. Bud insists he'll be a guide since he was already trained. I am worried, but they need to go. They won't get stronger if they spend their whole life in this den. Plaguebringer, Arcanist, please, oh [/i]please[i] help them.[/i] "Drink lots of potions. Don't take risks, you have plenty." "Yeah." "Bud brought many with him, so use them." "Yes." "And stay away from the Woodland Path." [i]"Yes,[/i] Caron." "I mean it! You're not ready!" "Caron!" "Just go. Be careful, please be careful." the Spiral whispered, and nuzzled the Mirror. "Don't worry Caron. We'll do great." Bud reassured him, and waved for Requiem to come and join the two males. "And we'll bring home lots of food!" This was as fun as Bud remembered. He breathed, watching Requiem scratch a leafy moth. He breathed once more, just to be sure, then he concentrated and contused the enemy. The moth shook violently for a few seconds, then dropped to the ground. "Hell yeah! That makes twenty-three!" Requiem exclaimed, stomping on the ground to curb her enthusiasm. "Four. You can't count." Khusavir said, smiling. "Oh come on, that last Leafy Moth didn't count. We took it home." Bud felt the need to add. "Still beat it!" the Mirror said, running around a bit. Heh. Someone who liked fighting more than he did. "Let's go in the Woodland Path!" she said. The Skydancer frowned. "Your father said we shouldn't go." "Come on, don't listen to him! He's just scared we'll die! We've been careful and we're alright, so let's go!" "We'd get more experience there." Khusavir suggested, calmly looking at Bud. The Skydancer bit his lip, but sighed after a few seconds. "Let's go, then." "Damn it this thing is stubborn!" Requiem exclaimed. The Clown Charger hissed at her, and she hissed back. Definitely distracting the beast until Bud contused it. [i]Definitely[/i] She watched the animal drop, and silence fell among the three young dragons, until some chuckling interrupted it. Requiem and Khusavir looked in Bud's direction, questioningly raising an eyebrow. "It's just that... It's way too easy!" the Skydancer explained, stil chuckling. The two smiled. "That's 'cause we're the best team around!" the Mirror screeched, jumping a few times. "Look what you did. Now we have three of them." [i]"Bring it on!"[/i] [i]Day 44 They returned, and they... Brought back things. Many things. Looks like they did great. They wouldn't stop talking, so I left them to talk to each other. They are a great team, really. Day 46 Bud came home injured today, but still okay. [/i] "Bud?" "Yeah?" "Heal me, you dumbass!" "Let me breathe!" "I'm about to die!" "You aren't going to die!" "Oh? That stupid Serthis looks about to cast a spell right now." "You aren't going to die." "How do you know that?" The bolt flied through the air "That." [i]Day 62 We... found an egg. It's a Light egg. I have no idea whatsoever what it's doing in Plague territory, but it's there, and I couldn't just leave it. So I took it. Requiem and Khusavir and Bud were happy. I can't wait to see their own eggs, but now, this little one will have to hatch. [item=light egg] Day 62, Addendum I just visited the Trading Post. There is a crazy old alchemist there now. His name is Baldwin. I have no idea what he's doing there, but if Swipp and Pinkerton and Crim and Tomo don't mind, I won't complain. He likes throwing stuff in his cauldron to see what comes out. Funny old man. Wonder how he lost that horn. He gave me a little familiar after I spent some time with him. He calls it a loga. It's still quite wary, but not anything grave. Day 62, Addendum II The egg hatched! It's a Pearlcatcher, a male one. He's gorgeous, obviously. I named him Baldwin. Can't be a coincidence that I found him on the same day. Day 63 Those three are out fighting again. It seems like it's all they do. Baldwin is playing with the loga. It just struck me that this is what a normal clan would do. I am just so... Happy. The only thing missing now is that the little ones mate. Day 64 Requiem came home today injured. Severely injured. Khusavir was carrying her and she was covered in blood. She's still unconscious. Oh gods, oh gods please don't let her die. It was all going so well. I don't want her to die, [/i] I don't want her to die! Requiem opened her eyes, and saw darkness. What had happened? Ah. A spell. Damn spellcasters, she hated them. They always managed to hit her pretty hard. Bud hadn't come in time this once, huh. "Requiem? Are you awake?" It was Khusavir's voice. She sat up, and nodded in the darkness. She knew he could see her anyways. "You... You... Just..." the Guardian stammered, looking for words. Requiem wondered where he had lost them. "Don't... Don't get injured, stop fighting that recklessly. That- that was [i]dangerous[/i] and [i]stupid[/i], Requiem! You could've died!" the young dragon's voice rose, until it was almost a silent shriek. Requiem stood in her spot, and stared at her teammate. There was a surprising lack of fear at almost being dead. There was a long silence in the den, nothing but the regular breathing of sleeping dragons to hear. "Promise me. Promise me you won't do that anymore." Khusavir finally whispered. The Mirror dared a grin "Do what? Black out?" "Requiem!" He didn't look amused. He leaned closer, and she could see the fear in his eyes. "What?" [i]Day 65 I... I have no idea how this happened. She was supposed to be injured, and I thought leaving them to discuss things with each other would've been the better option! I just... How! There are three eggs in the nest. [/i] [/center]
I summon thee, my followers!

@ocularoracle @Yitzki @Lunila @BlueberryCrane @pensandink @Tiirran @Nihilo @KairiDragoness @Antaria @Rookery @Cien @Caeoltoiri @Rifka @Elzerei @Midwich @ShardofSun @Valemora @Xarina @speedythedino @PokeTami @Dolorosa

Hello there everyone! First of all, my apologies for all of this. I have a boatload of excuses, but I'll cut it to "Depression, luckily gone away, plus lots of being out of town and laziness".

I've had this chapter ready for a couple of months, believe it or not, but for so,e reason I never posted it, so I finally decided to go with it.

The next one might not be what you expect, but it's the only way I can actually catch up and narrate something more current and interesting!

Also, as an apology, feel free to ask in-character questions to the characters, or out-of-character questions to me. Yes, that's right, it's a Q&A! Go ahead and have fun!

As a last news, I'm co-writing for the CARPE raffle, which is awesome and you should check it out! I'm definitely not biased in saying that ;) And now enough chitter-chatter. Enjoy the story!

Chapter 7: Surprise
Caron opened his eyes.
The sky was beautiful. It was much clearer than it usually was above in the Wastelands, and he could hear seagulls at a short distance away. The sun was warm, and the light hid behind a...
...cloooud.
This was definitely not home.
Caron furrowed his brow, thinking. Trying to remember how he had fallen asleep. Yesterday he had played with the hatchling, and then...
Went to fight.
They had lost.
He shot up, instantly in the air and looking. Vale. He needed to find Vale. He was in danger.
Why weren't they even in the Scorched Forest anymore?
"Vale! Vale!" he called out, even though he knew it was pointless. Whatever had happened, Vale was not there anymore.
"Excuse me?" a voice asked, and Caron whipped around. It was a small Skydancer, almost an adult, but not quite.
"I found you there and didn't know what to do, so I took you here, and--"
"Where is Vale?" the Spiral interrupted. The Skydancer hesitated a moment.
"He wasn't breathing! I couldn't carry a dead body, you were already too heavy and there were enemies coming, so I left him there."
There was silence, while both of them stared at the ground, Caron is disbelief, the younger dragon trying to hide his gaze.
"I was just looking for my brothers." he finally whispered. "I couldn't find them anywhere! I just saw you, and you were barely breathing, so I took you here."

Day 39, Addendum
I...
I took in someone. His name is Bud. He doesn't want to go home before finding his brothers. So he'll practically live with us for the rest of his life.
Vale died.
Another one. I lost another one. Everyone is dying, everyone. It was me this time, I wanted to go in dangerous areas. And Vale is dead.

Why the HELL am I still alive?!

Day 40
The egg. Hatched. Yesterday. It's a guardian, a blue baby Guardian. Khusavir. He likes Bud and Requiem.
They go along so well.

Day 40, Addendum
I don't know why am I writing. I just need to.
The hatchlings are playing with some apparel. They like goggles. Go figure.
Khusavir loves that Birdskull Headdress. He looks so very silly. Arliin loved those creepy things, too. It was weird, but I think they suited him.

Day 42
The goggles now fit, apparently. I woke up this morning and found both Requiem and Bud running around in those things. Bud also tried on at least five different hats, before he decided on a cabbie. Requiem found Battlecry's old armor. It fits her perfectly. She didn't like the boots though. She also put on Arliin's old Wingpiece.
Truly a living Requiem.

Day 43
They want to go fight. They decided they'd wait until Khusavir was bigger, but they want to form a team. The three of them, just the three of them. Bud insists he'll be a guide since he was already trained. I am worried, but they need to go. They won't get stronger if they spend their whole life in this den.
Plaguebringer, Arcanist, please, oh
please help them.

"Drink lots of potions. Don't take risks, you have plenty."
"Yeah."
"Bud brought many with him, so use them."
"Yes."
"And stay away from the Woodland Path."
"Yes, Caron."
"I mean it! You're not ready!"
"Caron!"
"Just go. Be careful, please be careful." the Spiral whispered, and nuzzled the Mirror.
"Don't worry Caron. We'll do great." Bud reassured him, and waved for Requiem to come and join the two males.
"And we'll bring home lots of food!"

This was as fun as Bud remembered. He breathed, watching Requiem scratch a leafy moth. He breathed once more, just to be sure, then he concentrated and contused the enemy.
The moth shook violently for a few seconds, then dropped to the ground.
"Hell yeah! That makes twenty-three!" Requiem exclaimed, stomping on the ground to curb her enthusiasm.
"Four. You can't count." Khusavir said, smiling.
"Oh come on, that last Leafy Moth didn't count. We took it home." Bud felt the need to add.
"Still beat it!" the Mirror said, running around a bit.
Heh. Someone who liked fighting more than he did.
"Let's go in the Woodland Path!" she said. The Skydancer frowned.
"Your father said we shouldn't go."
"Come on, don't listen to him! He's just scared we'll die! We've been careful and we're alright, so let's go!"
"We'd get more experience there." Khusavir suggested, calmly looking at Bud. The Skydancer bit his lip, but sighed after a few seconds.
"Let's go, then."

"Damn it this thing is stubborn!" Requiem exclaimed. The Clown Charger hissed at her, and she hissed back.
Definitely distracting the beast until Bud contused it. Definitely
She watched the animal drop, and silence fell among the three young dragons, until some chuckling interrupted it. Requiem and Khusavir looked in Bud's direction, questioningly raising an eyebrow.
"It's just that... It's way too easy!" the Skydancer explained, stil chuckling. The two smiled.
"That's 'cause we're the best team around!" the Mirror screeched, jumping a few times.
"Look what you did. Now we have three of them."
"Bring it on!"

Day 44
They returned, and they... Brought back things. Many things. Looks like they did great. They wouldn't stop talking, so I left them to talk to each other. They are a great team, really.

Day 46
Bud came home injured today, but still okay.

"Bud?"
"Yeah?"
"Heal me, you *******!"
"Let me breathe!"
"I'm about to die!"
"You aren't going to die!"
"Oh? That stupid Serthis looks about to cast a spell right now."
"You aren't going to die."
"How do you know that?"
The bolt flied through the air
"That."

Day 62
We... found an egg. It's a Light egg. I have no idea whatsoever what it's doing in Plague territory, but it's there, and I couldn't just leave it. So I took it. Requiem and Khusavir and Bud were happy.
I can't wait to see their own eggs, but now, this little one will have to hatch.

Day 62, Addendum
I just visited the Trading Post. There is a crazy old alchemist there now. His name is Baldwin. I have no idea what he's doing there, but if Swipp and Pinkerton and Crim and Tomo don't mind, I won't complain. He likes throwing stuff in his cauldron to see what comes out. Funny old man. Wonder how he lost that horn.
He gave me a little familiar after I spent some time with him. He calls it a loga. It's still quite wary, but not anything grave.

Day 62, Addendum II
The egg hatched! It's a Pearlcatcher, a male one. He's gorgeous, obviously. I named him Baldwin. Can't be a coincidence that I found him on the same day.

Day 63
Those three are out fighting again. It seems like it's all they do. Baldwin is playing with the loga. It just struck me that this is what a normal clan would do.
I am just so... Happy. The only thing missing now is that the little ones mate.

Day 64
Requiem came home today injured. Severely injured. Khusavir was carrying her and she was covered in blood. She's still unconscious. Oh gods, oh gods please don't let her die. It was all going so well. I don't want her to die,
I don't want her to die!

Requiem opened her eyes, and saw darkness.
What had happened?
Ah. A spell. Damn spellcasters, she hated them. They always managed to hit her pretty hard. Bud hadn't come in time this once, huh.
"Requiem? Are you awake?"
It was Khusavir's voice. She sat up, and nodded in the darkness. She knew he could see her anyways.
"You... You... Just..." the Guardian stammered, looking for words. Requiem wondered where he had lost them.
"Don't... Don't get injured, stop fighting that recklessly. That- that was dangerous and stupid, Requiem! You could've died!" the young dragon's voice rose, until it was almost a silent shriek. Requiem stood in her spot, and stared at her teammate.
There was a surprising lack of fear at almost being dead.
There was a long silence in the den, nothing but the regular breathing of sleeping dragons to hear.
"Promise me. Promise me you won't do that anymore." Khusavir finally whispered.
The Mirror dared a grin "Do what? Black out?"
"Requiem!" He didn't look amused. He leaned closer, and she could see the fear in his eyes.
"What?"

Day 65
I...
I have no idea how this happened.
She was supposed to be injured, and I thought leaving them to discuss things with each other would've been the better option!
I just...
How!

There are three eggs in the nest.
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
@Nimphy But why Valeee? ;n; *throws angry Ben at you and the coli* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12124626] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121247/12124626_350.png[/img] [/url] Um...H-hello? [s]I think I should be angry...[/s] So...you e-exalted Vale? (super silent voice) We might haave n-needed him... *puppy eyes* *Thymara comes in, pushes Ben away* (this ss means snake-ish sssss noises^^) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12124627] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121247/12124627_350.png[/img] [/url] Hisss, thiss idiot of a leader! Ssorry for bothering you! We wanted to assk you, if our clan could usse the idea, Casssandras I mean, for our clan lore. We would ssurely credit you!
@Nimphy
But why Valeee? ;n;
*throws angry Ben at you and the coli*

12124626_350.png

Um...H-hello?
I think I should be angry...
So...you e-exalted Vale?
(super silent voice) We might haave n-needed him...
*puppy eyes*

*Thymara comes in, pushes Ben away*
(this ss means snake-ish sssss noises^^)

12124627_350.png

Hisss, thiss idiot of a leader!
Ssorry for bothering you!
We wanted to assk you, if our clan could usse the idea, Casssandras I mean, for our clan lore.
We would ssurely credit you!
@PokeTami Aah! I wish I could get credit for such an awesome idea, but it wouldn't be correct of me. I was super duper sure I had mentioned this somewhere, but it seems I forgot. Cassandras come from this brilliant Tumblr post. I just elaborated a bit (headcanons of a headcanon... This chain might never end). Credit where credit is due!
@PokeTami Aah! I wish I could get credit for such an awesome idea, but it wouldn't be correct of me. I was super duper sure I had mentioned this somewhere, but it seems I forgot. Cassandras come from this brilliant Tumblr post. I just elaborated a bit (headcanons of a headcanon... This chain might never end). Credit where credit is due!
@Nimphy Okie dokie-then I'll credit both^^ I really love those headcanons<3 Still sad about Vale though D: Edit: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15242478] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/152425/15242478_350.png[/img] [/url] The bio is a WIP, but meet Palaido, my clan Cassandra<3 He cries a lot, but hey, everybody likes him :3
@Nimphy
Okie dokie-then I'll credit both^^ I really love those headcanons<3
Still sad about Vale though D:
Edit:

15242478_350.png

The bio is a WIP, but meet Palaido, my clan Cassandra<3
He cries a lot, but hey, everybody likes him :3
@Crystalcave, Yes I am! A new chapter should come shortly, although it will be somewhat different from the others. Meanwhile, feel free to ask questions and whatnot.

@PokeTami Love him! And *cough cough* If you decide you're too lazy to write that bio yourself you may commission me >_> [/shameless advertising]
@Crystalcave, Yes I am! A new chapter should come shortly, although it will be somewhat different from the others. Meanwhile, feel free to ask questions and whatnot.

@PokeTami Love him! And *cough cough* If you decide you're too lazy to write that bio yourself you may commission me >_> [/shameless advertising]
@Nimphy you know, reading this update and your a/n for some reason made me feel less bad about my own inability to get updates out on anything even remotely resembling a proper schedule :) I love you.
@Nimphy you know, reading this update and your a/n for some reason made me feel less bad about my own inability to get updates out on anything even remotely resembling a proper schedule :) I love you.
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@Tiirran Schedules are overrated! Okay, well... They're not, but life takes priority.
@Tiirran Schedules are overrated! Okay, well... They're not, but life takes priority.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7