Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nuzlocke: The Arcane Exile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
@JadeMagic
@ArgenteaMoon

Thank you~!
@JadeMagic
@ArgenteaMoon

Thank you~!
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial

this is super interesting so far, and really well written! c:
could I be added to the ping list?
@Kaial

this is super interesting so far, and really well written! c:
could I be added to the ping list?
they/them please!
Ahh! Still so great! I love iiittt!!!
Ahh! Still so great! I love iiittt!!!
Pp5cWtu.png
@Kaial You know I wanna be added, too. XD
@Kaial You know I wanna be added, too. XD
@ArgenteaMoon, @DragonsThunder, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi
I'm so happy there are more people who want to read! Thanks so much for your support!
Entry 7

It took ages to find geodes. My scavenging only earned me a handful and the monsters that held them weren’t keen on letting them go. But after gods know how many hours, I had enough to get what I was after. I figured the dragon who runs the festival booth would have seen too many faces to know who I was, let alone care. I was mercifully correct; I left with my prize in tow with no issue.

The elemental familiars are highly intelligent. It was abundantly clear when I worked with them back in Pepper’s clan; they all understand speech perfectly and are as intelligent as any dragon. The sprites could even converse!

The bears, unfortunately, do not. But that didn’t stop me from talking this one’s ear off on the long walk home.

“I’m so glad to have you as part of my clan! There are two children in need of a caregiver and I have to leave to get food and so on—it’s not safe to take them along. The youngest is very energetic—her name is Lily—and I’d be incredibly grateful if you could help me look after her, especially. I’m worried she’ll wander off.”

The great beast let out a sandy huff of breath that ruffled my mane—I assumed that was its agreement. I continued talking about the hatchlings and their habits on the walk home… it became apparent to me how much my life had centered around them in such a short time.

It was only when we were just outside our home that I realized the problem with my plan. I had a massive creature made of stone following me to my cave. My cave that only has one entrance.
An entrance accessible only by flying.

Godsdamnit.

I turned to the bear.

“Uh, I’m sorry about this… but I don’t think you can get in the cave at this time.”

It huffed, letting out a deep rumbling as it bent down to regard me eye to eye.

“It’s—it’s okay! The cave is very crowded anyway, it either needs to be expanded or we need to move—I’ll figure this out! I just need to go feed the hatchlings, okay? I’ll be right back.”

The bear snorted, giving me an alarming stare before flopping on the ground with an echoing thud and letting out a puffing sigh. It was a relief to see it wasn’t angry as I’d begun to fear.

“I’ll be back soon,” I assured before turning and flying to the mouth of the cave. Both hatchlings sat up in bed and watched as I landed; I noticed the webwing was absent again.

“Hi, guys,” I said as I began to rummage through my satchels.

“Hi,” a small voice replied.

I stopped and looked up in shock. Lily shared my confused gaze, her eyes on Arc.

“Hi?” I repeated.

“Hi!” Arc wiggled as he spoke, looking very pleased with himself.

I felt pride swell in my chest and—for that moment—forgot about lunch, hurrying over to pick the hatchling up. “Look at you, learning to talk already!” I praised, my voice cracking with strain at the surprising weight. “A-and you’re getting so big, too! You’re really growing up, Arc!”
Oh gods he was heavy.

Arc’s happy chirps were interrupted by a whine from the bed. Lily—who looked rather put off— tugged at the fur tufts on my arm.

I set Arc back down and pat Lily’s head. “Hey, you’re doing great too,” I assured.
Recalling I came to feed them—alongside the realization the two hadn’t eaten since the evening before—hit me, and I kicked myself mentally before taking meat from my satchels to set down for them.

In afterthought I retrieved some leaves for myself as well, and felt my stomach churn with both extreme hunger I’d been ignoring and disgust at the bland, raw plant.
“You know…” I said, musing aloud. “Where I come from, our food was always cooked and spiced and so on… I wonder if I’d be able to set up a nice meal for us someti—”

A great rumbling and cracking that shook the entire cave interrupted my thought.

An earthquake?

Fearing the cave would collapse, I grabbed the two hatchlings and shot out of its entrance. I had hardly any control of my flight as I fought to reach the land with our combined weight, and knew steering for a proper landing was impossible with how quickly I was losing altitude. I threw myself to the ground sideways, shielding the mirrors from impact and skidding along the turf in a crumpled heap.

The rumbling stopped, and I heard great pounding footsteps approaching. I sat up, still holding the hatchlings tightly.

A great blast of breath ruffled my mane, followed by a rather concerned sounding grunt.

“…Hi,” Arc squeaked.

I looked at the bear, and then to the side of the hill it had walked from. The grass and dirt that had covered the side was completely pulled away in a spot at the base, and the rocks it had covered had clear gashes clawed into them.

“What the—are you digging into the cave?”

The bear stared back.

“What if the walls caved in on us?” I shouted.

The bear let out a frustrated huff and continued to stare.

“I—I thought there was an earthquake! We can’t just dig into rock like that, do you know the structural integrity of—”

A low, rumbling growl silenced me.

“Okay, uhhh, maybe you do. Maybe you do. I’m… I’m sorry?”

The bear let out another huff before lumbering back to the hole it had been carving to resume its efforts.

“I don’t want just anyone being able to wander inside though! It’s dangerous out here!” I called after it, my voice wavering.

The bear turned to look back at me in what I hoped was an understanding gesture before promptly returning to clawing through the rock with alarming force.

With a curse, I let out the breath I’d been holding. My grip on the two hatchlings slackened and they promptly wriggled free of my arms.

“Go play. Just stay away from the edge of the cliff, the bear… the… forest… actually, know what? Just stay right in front of me, okay?” I instructed, slumping to my side. Gods I was exhausted.

The two hatchlings held still in front of me for a time, confused. But it wasn’t long before Lily decided to bite Arc’s ear and the two started a playful tussle.

I kept my eyes open as long as I could, but lack of proper sleep and fearing for one’s life is a powerful combination. Despite the noise from both the kids and the bear, I dozed off.
@ArgenteaMoon, @DragonsThunder, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi
I'm so happy there are more people who want to read! Thanks so much for your support!
Entry 7

It took ages to find geodes. My scavenging only earned me a handful and the monsters that held them weren’t keen on letting them go. But after gods know how many hours, I had enough to get what I was after. I figured the dragon who runs the festival booth would have seen too many faces to know who I was, let alone care. I was mercifully correct; I left with my prize in tow with no issue.

The elemental familiars are highly intelligent. It was abundantly clear when I worked with them back in Pepper’s clan; they all understand speech perfectly and are as intelligent as any dragon. The sprites could even converse!

The bears, unfortunately, do not. But that didn’t stop me from talking this one’s ear off on the long walk home.

“I’m so glad to have you as part of my clan! There are two children in need of a caregiver and I have to leave to get food and so on—it’s not safe to take them along. The youngest is very energetic—her name is Lily—and I’d be incredibly grateful if you could help me look after her, especially. I’m worried she’ll wander off.”

The great beast let out a sandy huff of breath that ruffled my mane—I assumed that was its agreement. I continued talking about the hatchlings and their habits on the walk home… it became apparent to me how much my life had centered around them in such a short time.

It was only when we were just outside our home that I realized the problem with my plan. I had a massive creature made of stone following me to my cave. My cave that only has one entrance.
An entrance accessible only by flying.

Godsdamnit.

I turned to the bear.

“Uh, I’m sorry about this… but I don’t think you can get in the cave at this time.”

It huffed, letting out a deep rumbling as it bent down to regard me eye to eye.

“It’s—it’s okay! The cave is very crowded anyway, it either needs to be expanded or we need to move—I’ll figure this out! I just need to go feed the hatchlings, okay? I’ll be right back.”

The bear snorted, giving me an alarming stare before flopping on the ground with an echoing thud and letting out a puffing sigh. It was a relief to see it wasn’t angry as I’d begun to fear.

“I’ll be back soon,” I assured before turning and flying to the mouth of the cave. Both hatchlings sat up in bed and watched as I landed; I noticed the webwing was absent again.

“Hi, guys,” I said as I began to rummage through my satchels.

“Hi,” a small voice replied.

I stopped and looked up in shock. Lily shared my confused gaze, her eyes on Arc.

“Hi?” I repeated.

“Hi!” Arc wiggled as he spoke, looking very pleased with himself.

I felt pride swell in my chest and—for that moment—forgot about lunch, hurrying over to pick the hatchling up. “Look at you, learning to talk already!” I praised, my voice cracking with strain at the surprising weight. “A-and you’re getting so big, too! You’re really growing up, Arc!”
Oh gods he was heavy.

Arc’s happy chirps were interrupted by a whine from the bed. Lily—who looked rather put off— tugged at the fur tufts on my arm.

I set Arc back down and pat Lily’s head. “Hey, you’re doing great too,” I assured.
Recalling I came to feed them—alongside the realization the two hadn’t eaten since the evening before—hit me, and I kicked myself mentally before taking meat from my satchels to set down for them.

In afterthought I retrieved some leaves for myself as well, and felt my stomach churn with both extreme hunger I’d been ignoring and disgust at the bland, raw plant.
“You know…” I said, musing aloud. “Where I come from, our food was always cooked and spiced and so on… I wonder if I’d be able to set up a nice meal for us someti—”

A great rumbling and cracking that shook the entire cave interrupted my thought.

An earthquake?

Fearing the cave would collapse, I grabbed the two hatchlings and shot out of its entrance. I had hardly any control of my flight as I fought to reach the land with our combined weight, and knew steering for a proper landing was impossible with how quickly I was losing altitude. I threw myself to the ground sideways, shielding the mirrors from impact and skidding along the turf in a crumpled heap.

The rumbling stopped, and I heard great pounding footsteps approaching. I sat up, still holding the hatchlings tightly.

A great blast of breath ruffled my mane, followed by a rather concerned sounding grunt.

“…Hi,” Arc squeaked.

I looked at the bear, and then to the side of the hill it had walked from. The grass and dirt that had covered the side was completely pulled away in a spot at the base, and the rocks it had covered had clear gashes clawed into them.

“What the—are you digging into the cave?”

The bear stared back.

“What if the walls caved in on us?” I shouted.

The bear let out a frustrated huff and continued to stare.

“I—I thought there was an earthquake! We can’t just dig into rock like that, do you know the structural integrity of—”

A low, rumbling growl silenced me.

“Okay, uhhh, maybe you do. Maybe you do. I’m… I’m sorry?”

The bear let out another huff before lumbering back to the hole it had been carving to resume its efforts.

“I don’t want just anyone being able to wander inside though! It’s dangerous out here!” I called after it, my voice wavering.

The bear turned to look back at me in what I hoped was an understanding gesture before promptly returning to clawing through the rock with alarming force.

With a curse, I let out the breath I’d been holding. My grip on the two hatchlings slackened and they promptly wriggled free of my arms.

“Go play. Just stay away from the edge of the cliff, the bear… the… forest… actually, know what? Just stay right in front of me, okay?” I instructed, slumping to my side. Gods I was exhausted.

The two hatchlings held still in front of me for a time, confused. But it wasn’t long before Lily decided to bite Arc’s ear and the two started a playful tussle.

I kept my eyes open as long as I could, but lack of proper sleep and fearing for one’s life is a powerful combination. Despite the noise from both the kids and the bear, I dozed off.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Could you add me to the pinglist? This is great!
Could you add me to the pinglist? This is great!
34pz5nm.jpg
@Twelvero
Absolutely, thank you so much!
@Twelvero
Absolutely, thank you so much!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial wow calm down ya paranoid pearlcatcher the bear knows what it's doing
(I'll acknowlegde that he's having a hard life :p)
@Kaial wow calm down ya paranoid pearlcatcher the bear knows what it's doing
(I'll acknowlegde that he's having a hard life :p)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Kaial I saw you mention 'pinglist' and immediately had to come scavenge through the thread to find where yours was. >.> Easier for me to add comments to things here on the forums than on tumblr, and naturally I want to comment on the things. XD

Also, if you do manage to scavenge an earth egg, you should go ahead and purchase a breed change:fae for it, just in case *since you mentioned wanting an earth fae, and all*. Breed change is allowed per scavenged/found eggs, after all. :3 Admittedly, when I first started, I stocked up on mirror scrolls because I did not want any fae in my lair *oh how I laugh at that now...* and had to change Cray into one when he hatched. *he hatched as a fae, and now he's my party's caster, anyway. Go figure.*

Also also, Wafer's personality. Just. OMG. I just want to grab him and be all like "It's... it's okay, buddy. Just calm. Just calm down, it'll be okay." XD I really love it, he's such a unique character!

EDIT: PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR PING LIST. *how did I forget to ask this when first posting???*
@Kaial I saw you mention 'pinglist' and immediately had to come scavenge through the thread to find where yours was. >.> Easier for me to add comments to things here on the forums than on tumblr, and naturally I want to comment on the things. XD

Also, if you do manage to scavenge an earth egg, you should go ahead and purchase a breed change:fae for it, just in case *since you mentioned wanting an earth fae, and all*. Breed change is allowed per scavenged/found eggs, after all. :3 Admittedly, when I first started, I stocked up on mirror scrolls because I did not want any fae in my lair *oh how I laugh at that now...* and had to change Cray into one when he hatched. *he hatched as a fae, and now he's my party's caster, anyway. Go figure.*

Also also, Wafer's personality. Just. OMG. I just want to grab him and be all like "It's... it's okay, buddy. Just calm. Just calm down, it'll be okay." XD I really love it, he's such a unique character!

EDIT: PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR PING LIST. *how did I forget to ask this when first posting???*
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@ArgenteaMoon
He's really not cut out for this sort of thing, ahah. I think he's doing the best he can...
@LagMonster
Hey there! I miight have to do that, because I have the scenario so clear in my mind. I really hope I'll scavenge an egg soon because earth has not been kind to me, ahah. I had no idea about Cray! It's pretty cool how that worked out with him being a healer and all. c:

I'm really glad you like Wafer, too! He's had a clear character in my mid for so long--I've done non-nuzlocke writing with him but I figured it was about time to give his story a proper go.
Thank you for joining my pinglist! c:

@DragonsThunder, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero
Another update for you!

Entry 8

Waking up on the ground outside put me in a confused panic. I sat up hurriedly, staring about the area—now red and orange with the setting sun. A quick glance around reminded me of the day’s events, and rather groggy whimpers at my side showed the hatchlings were quite safe. They must have been napping against me.

“Sorry guys,” I mumbled, feeling bad for disturbing them. The two mirrors blinked at me, still half-asleep.

A rumbling snort echoed in response to my voice, and heavy, plodding footfalls heralded the bear making its way toward us. It stood in front of me and the hatchlings, repeatedly looking over its shoulder to the cave.

Figuring it wanted us to follow, I got to my feet and nudged Lily to do so as well before picking up Arc and carrying him with me.
“We’re really going to have to figure something out for you soon, buddy,” I said. “I can’t carry you much longer.”

Arc wrapped his arms around my neck and murmured incomprehensibly.

“I know,” I said, clueless as to what he was trying to tell me.

Lily toddled along beside me, looking up with a mix of curiosity and jealousy at Arc being carried. I doubted she would be able to understand the situation at that point no matter how I explained, so I praised her for keeping up and looked ahead at the bear’s handiwork.

The great, yawning hole it had carved into the side of the cliff was painfully obvious. The piles of dirt and rock around it didn’t help the matter either: they were impossible to miss against the lush green grass that covered the area.

The bear sat next to the entrance, evidently wanting me to go inside first. I didn’t want to tick it off again, so I obliged with Arc and Lily in tow.

A roughly hewn series of steps led from the bottom up to the cave. It was large enough to fit the bulk of the bear—and thus, most dragons. At the top, the once tiny cave now sprawled further than I could see—mostly due to the meagre light, but still—and had more than enough space to fit even a guardian or imperial.

“Wow,” I breathed as I looked around. My voice reverberated off the walls, surprising both me and the hatchlings.

“Wow,” Arc mimicked, smiling widely as his own voice echoed.

Lily, evidently wanting to try for herself, let out a screech. It left a ringing in my ears and repeated in a mind-numbing overlap until great pounding footsteps caught their attention. Thank gods for that.

The bear peered in through the massive entrance it made before heading toward me and staring expectantly.

“You, uh, you’ve done an amazing job here,” I commended nervously. “There’s a lot of space now and I’m very grateful for that.”

The bear let out a pleased huff.

“But… the hole you made is really noticeable, and there isn’t a door to lock. How will we keep others out?”

With a snort, the bear plodded back toward the top of the stairs and turned to face me before it lay down in front of them. Its massive bulk blocked them off entirely.

“…O-oh. Yeah, that works. Are you comfortable like that…?”

Another great huff of breath was its only response.

“Thank you,” I finished meekly, at a loss of what else I could say.

Evidently satisfied with my praise, the bear closed its eyes and let out a yawn before shifting to face the stairs.

“Okay…” I began as I turned back to the hatchlings. “Our new friend has worked very hard to help with our home, so we need to be very quiet and let him rest, okay? No yelling… screeching… anything like that.”

They stared back at me blankly.

“Okay, yeah, good job.”

I fetched the hatchlings their dinner before tucking them in for the night and heading out for another attempt at scrounging up supplies.

Arc’s inability to walk was only becoming a greater issue, and I needed to do something to help him keep up.

As I flew over the land, an idea struck me.

I only hope that I can get what I need to make it a reality.
@ArgenteaMoon
He's really not cut out for this sort of thing, ahah. I think he's doing the best he can...
@LagMonster
Hey there! I miight have to do that, because I have the scenario so clear in my mind. I really hope I'll scavenge an egg soon because earth has not been kind to me, ahah. I had no idea about Cray! It's pretty cool how that worked out with him being a healer and all. c:

I'm really glad you like Wafer, too! He's had a clear character in my mid for so long--I've done non-nuzlocke writing with him but I figured it was about time to give his story a proper go.
Thank you for joining my pinglist! c:

@DragonsThunder, @HazelJade, @Ecuria, @JadeMagic, @CrypticGirl, @Arsi, @Twelvero
Another update for you!

Entry 8

Waking up on the ground outside put me in a confused panic. I sat up hurriedly, staring about the area—now red and orange with the setting sun. A quick glance around reminded me of the day’s events, and rather groggy whimpers at my side showed the hatchlings were quite safe. They must have been napping against me.

“Sorry guys,” I mumbled, feeling bad for disturbing them. The two mirrors blinked at me, still half-asleep.

A rumbling snort echoed in response to my voice, and heavy, plodding footfalls heralded the bear making its way toward us. It stood in front of me and the hatchlings, repeatedly looking over its shoulder to the cave.

Figuring it wanted us to follow, I got to my feet and nudged Lily to do so as well before picking up Arc and carrying him with me.
“We’re really going to have to figure something out for you soon, buddy,” I said. “I can’t carry you much longer.”

Arc wrapped his arms around my neck and murmured incomprehensibly.

“I know,” I said, clueless as to what he was trying to tell me.

Lily toddled along beside me, looking up with a mix of curiosity and jealousy at Arc being carried. I doubted she would be able to understand the situation at that point no matter how I explained, so I praised her for keeping up and looked ahead at the bear’s handiwork.

The great, yawning hole it had carved into the side of the cliff was painfully obvious. The piles of dirt and rock around it didn’t help the matter either: they were impossible to miss against the lush green grass that covered the area.

The bear sat next to the entrance, evidently wanting me to go inside first. I didn’t want to tick it off again, so I obliged with Arc and Lily in tow.

A roughly hewn series of steps led from the bottom up to the cave. It was large enough to fit the bulk of the bear—and thus, most dragons. At the top, the once tiny cave now sprawled further than I could see—mostly due to the meagre light, but still—and had more than enough space to fit even a guardian or imperial.

“Wow,” I breathed as I looked around. My voice reverberated off the walls, surprising both me and the hatchlings.

“Wow,” Arc mimicked, smiling widely as his own voice echoed.

Lily, evidently wanting to try for herself, let out a screech. It left a ringing in my ears and repeated in a mind-numbing overlap until great pounding footsteps caught their attention. Thank gods for that.

The bear peered in through the massive entrance it made before heading toward me and staring expectantly.

“You, uh, you’ve done an amazing job here,” I commended nervously. “There’s a lot of space now and I’m very grateful for that.”

The bear let out a pleased huff.

“But… the hole you made is really noticeable, and there isn’t a door to lock. How will we keep others out?”

With a snort, the bear plodded back toward the top of the stairs and turned to face me before it lay down in front of them. Its massive bulk blocked them off entirely.

“…O-oh. Yeah, that works. Are you comfortable like that…?”

Another great huff of breath was its only response.

“Thank you,” I finished meekly, at a loss of what else I could say.

Evidently satisfied with my praise, the bear closed its eyes and let out a yawn before shifting to face the stairs.

“Okay…” I began as I turned back to the hatchlings. “Our new friend has worked very hard to help with our home, so we need to be very quiet and let him rest, okay? No yelling… screeching… anything like that.”

They stared back at me blankly.

“Okay, yeah, good job.”

I fetched the hatchlings their dinner before tucking them in for the night and heading out for another attempt at scrounging up supplies.

Arc’s inability to walk was only becoming a greater issue, and I needed to do something to help him keep up.

As I flew over the land, an idea struck me.

I only hope that I can get what I need to make it a reality.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80