Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 290 291 292 293 294 ... 329 330
[img]https://i.imgur.com/F1npIQn.png[/img] Is this a typo of Coatl or an intentional made-up dragon species?
F1npIQn.png

Is this a typo of Coatl or an intentional made-up dragon species?
echoez wrote:
they / them
i'm autistic and for me that can mean i struggle to word things clearly. please bear this in mind when interacting with me!
== Pings are okay! I probably won't notice a reply otherwise ==
The Veilspun Leopard gene says tertiary in the description, rather than primary~ [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/681055485310664745/1077762936631738388/image.png[/img]
The Veilspun Leopard gene says tertiary in the description, rather than primary~

image.png
Tomo still has a question regarding the Swipp-trade skins, which are no longer available from Swipp
Tomo still has a question regarding the Swipp-trade skins, which are no longer available from Swipp
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
The image description for the new announcement post says that the new NPC is spinning yarn, but what’s she’s doing is actually crochet
The image description for the new announcement post says that the new NPC is spinning yarn, but what’s she’s doing is actually crochet
In Tomo’s Trivia Tablet I’m pretty sure that it was meant to be the gene “eye spot[i]s[/i]” And not “eye spot” [img]https://i.ibb.co/yNdtPkP/9729-D9-F3-6-A24-48-FD-BB36-CEAF85-ED7504.jpg[/img]
In Tomo’s Trivia Tablet I’m pretty sure that it was meant to be the gene “eye spots” And not “eye spot”

9729-D9-F3-6-A24-48-FD-BB36-CEAF85-ED7504.jpg

Magpie
Zoyki
I’m a hoarder (shiny things appreciated)

>>Art Dump
>>Wishlist
____________Stoic_Wc.png
this tomo question is missing a question mark! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/406289594611662868/1076251657681244233/image.png[/img]
this tomo question is missing a question mark!

image.png
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx
FR+0 | PREVIOUSLY @GlitchedFox

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

Subbed to all my own threads!
i'm so sorry for this undel [quote name="Limanya" date="2022-11-26 10:48:05" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2022-03-02 10:37:03" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2022-02-15 15:21:24" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-27 06:58:42" ] [item=Armored Colony] [quote]A symbiotic creature from whom the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.[/quote] not so much a typo as the description being grammatically dubious and difficult to parse. a possible fix: [quote]A symbiotic creature: the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.[/quote] this is a fairly simple fix but there's probably a lot more that can done for clarity ----- [item=Fungal Garden] [quote]A carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help this creature to attract a mate, or it may gather them purely for its own enjoyment.[/quote] i don't think the fungi likes to gather mates...? similar grammatical issues, a possible fix would be: [quote]This creature's carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help it attract a mate, though it is also known to gather mushrooms purely for its own enjoyment.[/quote] ----- [item=Vilevenom Kelpie] [quote]It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename "Poisonparty Kelpie".[/quote] should be [quote]It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename [b]it to[/b] "Poisonparty Kelpie".[/quote] ----- [item=Ink Ant] [quote]Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: Don't wear your finest.[/quote] should be [quote]Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: [b]d[/b]on't wear your finest.[/quote] ----- also a lot of issues with inconsistent capitalization in the lore stories, here's a few i could find https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=99 [quote]Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding The First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.[/quote] should be [quote]Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding [b]t[/b]he First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.[/quote] [b]nearly all other instances of "the First Seed" also have "The" incorrectly capitalized[/b], i won't be quoting them all here for length's sake but a ctrl+f will find them for you ----- [quote]The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar- ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled. [/quote] should be [quote]The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, [b]t[/b]he Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar[b]—[/b] ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled. [/quote] ----- [quote]“Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.[/quote] should be [quote]“Ambassador, [b]t[/b]he Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled. [/quote] ----- [quote]Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night The Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.[/quote] should be [quote]Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night [b]t[/b]he Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.[/quote] ----- [quote]Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her The Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.” [/quote] should be [quote]Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her [b]t[/b]he Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”[/quote] ----- [quote][i]There![/i] The emerald glow of The First Seed![/quote] should be [quote][i]There! The emerald glow of [b]t[/b]he First Seed![/i][/quote] ----- [quote]Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place - The First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.[/quote] should be [quote]Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place [b]—[/b] [b]t[/b]he First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.[/quote] ----- [quote]“Almon, we must go to The Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive -but The Behemoth, the great tree...bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”[/quote] should be [quote]“Almon, we must go to [b]t[/b]he Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive [b]—[/b] but [b]t[/b]he Behemoth, the great tree... bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=107 [quote]“Fall back! Fall back!” a gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“[/quote] should be [quote]“Fall back! Fall back!” a [b]G[/b]aoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“[/quote] (since it doesn't seem like this dragon is guarding any jails at the moment) the rest of this story also has [b]breed names incorrectly uncapitalized[/b] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=105 on the encyclopedia Bounty of the Elements page, the [item=Dormant Obelisk Statue] is meant to link to the obelisk story but can't properly be clicked on ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98 for length's sake i won't add all instances of this happening, but nearly all instances i could find of [b]breed names are incorrectly uncapitalized[/b] [quote]Just below the writhing spiral, Flick let out a whoop, “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”[/quote] should be [quote]Just below the writhing [b]S[/b]piral, Flick let out a whoop[b]:[/b] “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”[/quote] ----- [quote]“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here-”[/quote] should be [quote]“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here[b]—[/b]”[/quote] ----- [quote]Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments - ever.[/quote] should be [quote]Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments [b]—[/b] ever.[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97 similar problem with [b]uncapitalized breed names[/b] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=96 again [b]breed names are uncapitalized[/b]. more recent stories have breed names capitalized, hence why i consider this an error, but this is a problem that appears throughout many of the original Bounty of the Elements stories (though not all) [quote]Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alter[/quote] should be [quote]Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alt[b]a[/b]r[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=94 same problem with [b]uncapitalized breed names[/b] [quote]“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back-”[/quote] should be [quote]“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back[b]—[/b]”[/quote] [b]the use of hyphens where there should be em dashes[/b] (—) is also a problem that occurs very frequently in a lot of these stories, so again i'd recommend a ctrl+f search to find them all since i don't want to make this post endlessly long and no doubt miss a lot anyway. ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=95 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=93 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=92 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes. the word "beastclan" is also uncapitalized (whereas it was capitalized in the recent Warrior's Way story). ----- [skin=42011] is named [b]Glass Explosion[/b]; the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3064256/18#post_49307685]original submission[/url] was named [b]Glass Exposition[/b]. i have no way of knowing if this change was intentional so i thought i'd bring this up in case it was a mistake? ----- [item=Hazel Harvest Celebration] [quote]May contain the hazel bracelet, goblet, wreath, robe, sandals, tail twist, and vines. Will provide TWO random items.[/quote] "Hazel" is not capitalized in the description, unlike the other bundles where the color variants are capitalized. all harvest bundles also do not have the item names capitalized; compare [item=Warden's Spoils] which does have capitalization for everything. ----- [item=Courageous Warhorse] [quote]Its name is "Courage: the courageous warhorse".[/quote] quotation marks seem unnecessary? ----- [item=Abyss Vulture] [quote]Abyss vultures scavenge carrion off the seabed. They are not picky eaters. Today you eat Abyss vulture, years from now Abyss vulture eats you...[/quote] either "Abyss" needs to be uncapitalized or "vulture" needs to be capitalized ----- [item=Pale Smallmouth] [quote]These fish are unable to tolerate water touched by plaguebringer's brood. Their presence is a good indication if the water is safe to drink.[/quote] "plaguebringer" needs to be capitalized ----- [item=Dark Harvest Goblet] [quote]A goblet of grape vineyards to celebrates a bountiful harvest![/quote] same error across all recolors "to celebrates" should be "that celebrates" or "to celebrate". "a goblet of grape vineyards" also doesn't make much sense; at the very least "grape" should go since 'vineyard' already implies grapes. but it also sounds like the goblets contain vineyards. ----- [item=Copper Harvest Wreath] same error across all recolors [quote]A crown of grapes celebrate a bountiful harvest![/quote] needs to be "celebrates" or to "celebrate" ----- [item=Plasma Mask] [quote]An ...attempt at protective wear.[/quote] should be [quote]An... attempt at protective wear.[/quote] ----- [item=Lovebirds Dried Tea] [quote]Being able to offer a wide variety of fresh, delicious tea will help to make one valuable to a wide variety of palettes.[/quote] "palates", not "palettes" ----- [item=Current Caller Raiment] [item=Cinnabar Plaguebringer] at this point i have no idea if "flight" (as in "water flight", "plague flight") is meant to be capitalized - it isn't in the current caller raiment's description, but it is in the descriptions of all the deity statues. should be made consistent either way. [/quote] one of tomo's questions: [quote]Which of the following is a food item indigenous to [b]T[/b]he Southern Icefield?[/quote] also has incorrect capitalization on the word "the" [/quote] the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=115]new lore story[/url] has a couple of errors: inconsistent breed name capitalization [quote][b]The mirror dragon and his spiral companion[/b] had been assigned by Warchief Morix[/quote] [quote]The[b] Spiral[/b] shot upright and into the air, her eyes wide with shock.[/quote] 'patrol' needs to be uncapitalized [quote]This is an order from the Warchief himself, Scout Cariane: [b]P[/b]atrol the Rim, report back anything suspicious.[/quote] nature needs to be capitalized [quote]“NononononoNO! That horrid [b]nature[/b] seed didn’t get this far!” [/quote] missing a 'the' [quote]He caught Mirror with his body in mid-air.[/quote] [/quote] the newest lore story ([url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=116]Echoes of the Deep[/url]) also has several errors: [quote]Echoes [b]Of The[/b] Deep[/quote] the lore story's title in both the page header and the breadcrumb above it has 'of' and 'the' capitalized; this is inconsistent with both 1. other lore stories' titles and 2. the image that links to the story. the capitals should probably be removed from those words. [quote]Under the tides we ruled, In Tidelord’s [b]name...that[/b] omniscient fool![/quote] missing a space [quote]Under the tides we turned From him[b];[/b] the Tidelord we spurned. Under the tides, we roamed[b].[/b] On our own, seeking home…[/quote] the semicolon here seems somewhat out of place? and 'roamed' should not have a period following it, so as to be consistent with the similar enjambment (turned / from him) in the preceding stanza [quote]Excitement coursed through Gilly, from [b]head to the tips of her tail fins.[/b][/quote] although it's clear this is a play on "head to toe" the grammar seems off to me personally. it might be better to have "from [b]her[/b] head" instead, so that it's not just one part that has an article inserted? [quote]As the two [b]abyssal[/b] scouts tried to dive under the approaching warriors, more Maren appeared, driving them back up and surrounding them.[/quote] going by earlier usage of the word in the story, "abyssal" might need to be capitalized especially since this part is contrasting two distinct types of maren [quote]Two of the other [b]Shallows[/b] Maren behind them[/quote] earlier the name "Shallow Seas" is used, one or the other should change for consistency [quote]We are friends. Kin from [b]The[/b] Deep.[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Please tell the dragons[b], [/b]the Undertide are troubled. They wish to seek a reunion with their Kin. Tell the schools[b],[/b] we are no longer Lost.[/quote] [quote]Tell the dragons[b],[/b] the Undertide must return![/quote] commas should be removed [quote]Gilly and Nen had just arrived at the outer edge of [b]The[/b] Deep[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Tsuna [b]scoffed at Gilly’s[/b] botched scouting mission[/quote] missing something like "the report of" [quote]The two Maren quickly moved under the wings of the massive dragon, grabbing hold of [i]the[/i] edge.[/quote] should be "their" [quote]and that is what many of their number thought of these modern dragons ultimately were.[/quote] either "of" needs to go, or "ultimately were" needs to be replaced with "as" [quote]There was no denying that the Undertide of [b]The[/b] Deep changed the day[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]sent to re-establish communication with the [b]shallow seas[/b] [/quote] "shallow seas" should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" to be consistent with earlier usage of the term [quote]breached the entrance to the [i][b]Sea of A Thousand Currents[/b][/i].[/quote] 'a' should not be capitalized, and the entire name should not be italicized [quote]The elders of the Abyssal Maren, weaponless and buoyed by their Undertide companions, broke off from their group and began to sing. First [b]with[/b] their school’s ancient song before transitioning to songs of loss, eons in the depths, aiding leviathans that harbored a deep pain, and finding a new family.[/quote] "with" should maybe be removed? [quote]the schools of [b]shallow seas Maren[/b] erupted in cries of joy and jubilation[/quote] again, 'shallow seas' should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" [quote]she could feel the dragons behind [b]them.The[/b] schools scattered,[/quote] missing a space ----- also: [item=fossil hunter] [item=abyss wanderer] [quote]The deepsea Maren hunt relentlessly for fossils to bring to their found family far below the surface.[/quote] [quote]Deep sea Maren wear enchanted fossils that allow them to traverse the upper reaches of the sea without the difference in pressure affecting them.[/quote] one of these has "deepsea" in their description and the other has "deep sea"; one should be changed to match the other ----- from the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=117]undertide encyclopedia page[/url]: [quote]The Undertide species originates from the [b]The[/b] Deep: a [b]span abyssal[/b] ocean outside of most acknowledged elemental territories. Access to [b]The[/b] Deep can be gained by traversing the Leviathan Trench and following its southwestern exit.[/quote] "The" should not be capitalized (this goes for every later use of "The Deep" as well), and i'm thinking it should be "a span of abyssal ocean"? [quote]They formed an immediate bond with an isolated deep-sea subspecies of Maren who welcomed them into their schools with open arms.[/quote] is it "deepsea", "deep-sea" or "deep sea"? i'm not sure which one should be used, but all 3 are used so that's an inconsistency that should be fixed [quote]passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren [b]an[/b] dragon alike.[/quote] probably meant to be "and"? [/quote] from tomo: [quote]I have an ongoing project to etch the various facts I have picked up on my travels into stone [b]everytime[/b] I return.[/quote] should be "every time" [quote]I'll need a copy of that— Whoa Whoa! Scribbles! Slow down! You must pace yourself! I know you want to get back to your drawings, but we can't have mistakes, darling.[/quote] should be "Whoa! Whoa!" or "Whoa, whoa!" [quote]Scribbles, write it down! What are you drawing? That's odd... it looks like a dragon I once knew ages ago... but they are gone... how did you -wait- I don't think I want to know.[/quote] should be "how did you — wait — I don't think I want to know." [quote]Scribbles, write it- Are you illustrating the text?[/quote] should be "Scribbles, write it—" [quote]Scribbles, are those interprative drawings? Your pictographs are of course charming, but could you record it in a Draconic please, as I am not so well versed in butterfly?[/quote] 'interprative' should be 'interpretive', and 'a Draconic' should either be 'Draconic' or 'a Draconic [language/script/etc.]' [quote]These familiars call The Blooming Grove home:[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Which of the following is not encountered in the Forbidden Portal Venue? (...) Sparkslyph[/quote] 'venue' should not be capitalized; "sparksylph" is misspelled [quote]What are the official colours of the Windsinger?[/quote] 'colours' should be 'colors' (unless tomo is canonically british, which would also be pretty funny) [quote]Which of the following is a Baldwin's Brew Gene?[/quote] 'gene' shouldn't be capitalized [quote]Where is a Chimera Relic made? (...)Cairnestone Reach[/quote] should be 'cairnstone', and maybe be changed to 'cairnstone rest' so it's an actual place on the world map like the other possibilities (unless i forgot an actual cairnstone reach which is very possible; i'm kind of sleep-deprived as i write this) [quote]What type of gene is Clouded[/quote] missing a question mark [quote]What type of gene is Jaguar? [..] A baldwin gene[/quote] 'baldwin' should be capitalized [quote]Red-Breasted hainu flocks call this territory home:[/quote] 'hainu' should be capitalized [quote]At the end of which age was The Pillar destroyed?[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Which of the following is a coliseum venue? (...)The Training Fields[/quote] 'the' should be removed here (none of the other options have it) [quote]Which of the following enemies cannot be found in Thunderhead Savannah?[/quote] should be "savanna" (without the h) [quote]What type of gene is iridescent?[/quote] 'iridescent' should be capitalized [quote]What is the name of the Plague Holiday?[/quote] 'holiday' should not be capitalized [quote]What is the breeding cooldown of an imperial dragon?[/quote] 'imperial' should be capitalized [quote]Where does one find the constellation gene?[/quote] 'constellation' should be capitalized [quote]Which Deity slumbered on the very top of The Pillar?[/quote] 'deity' and 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]What type of gene is circuit?[/quote] 'circuit' should be capitalized [quote]What will the element of a newly hatched dragon be?[/quote] not really a typo and the answers do make it more clear but maybe it could be made more obvious that this is about bred dragons? something like "...in the nesting grounds"? [quote]September 22nd brings: (...) Autumn Breeze and Vista Autumn[/quote] should be "Vista: Autumn"; alternatively, change to "Autumn Seasonal Items" since that's the way it's listed on the event calendar (and we have way more than just those two now, anyway) [quote]What is the name of the water domain? (...) Tsumani Trench[/quote] 'water' should be capitalized, 'tsunami' is misspelled [quote]What was the name of the Second-Age [b]magi[/b] whose prophecy ended a period of war and bloodshed, and ushered in an era of prosperity?[/quote] 'magi' is plural; this should be 'magus' or 'mage'. same goes for the [gamedb item=803] and related items ([gamedb item=3483], [gamedb item=8096], [gamedb item=2755], [gamedb item=2750]) [quote]Which creature calls the scorched forest home, and fights to protect it from encroaching dragons?[/quote] "Scorched Forest" should be capitalized from the grand exchange page: [quote]Purchase tokens of affection for your friends and loved ones at Susie's Sweet Sentiments shop. This shop will remain open for the duration of the Love is in the Air.[/quote] should have 'event' after 'love is in the air', like the description for patches's shop has item descriptions: many fest familiars have inconsistent descriptions regarding the 'holiday item' portion of the text. an example: [quote=Slink descriptions](Trickmurk Circus 2023 holiday item.)[/quote] - period at the end, 'holiday item' not capitalized [quote=Statue descriptions](Trickmurk Circus 2022 Holiday Item)[/quote] - no period at the end, 'holiday item' capitalized. the zodiac familiars, gem guardians and most of the ambassadors follow this pattern too [quote=Aerborne Ambassador](Mistral Jamboree Holiday Item 2019)[/quote] - no period at the end; year is at the end instead of in the middle [quote=Glitterfreeze Ambassador](Crystalline Gala Holiday Familiar 2019.)[/quote] - period at the end; year is at the end; 'holiday familiar' instead of 'holiday item'. this is the exact pattern followed by the spirit, goblin and sprite sets of familiars as well. [quote=acolytes](Rockbreaker's Ceremony Holiday Item 2015.)[/quote] - period at the end, year at the end, 'holiday item' used (and capitalized) [quote=bears](Trickmurk Circus 2015.)[/quote] - missing the 'holiday item/familiar' altogether going through fest apparel, similar inconsistencies pop up. i don't have the energy to go through every element (which probably have the same problem), but just comparing the shadow ones for now (happy trickmurk, by the way! and in the Dark Incense description, 'sweet smelling' should be 'sweet-smelling'!): [quote=Dark Incense/Shadow Aura](Trickmurk Circus 2023 Holiday Item.)[/quote] [quote=Marshlurker's Drape/Shadow's Charm](Trickmurk Circus 2022 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Void's Grasp, not the scene - see below](Trickmurk Circus 2021 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Shadowstrike/Standard of the Shadowbinder](Trickmurk Circus 2020 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Murkmirth Tailcoat/Murkmirth Halo](Trickmurk Circus 2019 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Bramble Mantle](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2018.)[/quote] [quote=Trickster's Magic Cards](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2017.)[/quote] [quote=Shady Crown](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2016.)[/quote] [quote=Gloomwillow Guide](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2016)[/quote] [quote=Moonglow Thorns](Trickmurk Circus 2015 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Shady Sash](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2015.)[/quote] [quote=Tricktrouper Crown](Trickmurk Circus 2014 Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Shady Emblem](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item)[/quote] [quote=Shady Armband](Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2014)[/quote] also, in the festival scenes' descriptions, the 'holiday item' section is missing for the ice, shadow, wind, water and nature scenes. earth and the earlier scenes do have this part. the festival vistas have nothing at all - probably intentional, but could possibly be changed since at least like half the festival scenes also have this despite their similarly otherwise-generic description? from the world map, emperor's wake description: [quote]A fusion of [b]the[/b] [b]dessicated[/b] Imperial corpses foolishly left unburied[...][/quote] 'the' should either be removed, or changed to 'three'. 'dessicated' should be 'desiccated'. crystalspine reaches description: [quote][...]creating a concave and sheltered realm for [b]younger flights[/b] to nurture their nascent powers and to grow accustomed to the warping energies of the land.[/quote] not really a typo, but the way the word 'flights' is used here is rather confusing considering the very specific meaning 'flight' otherwise tends to have in site lore singer's brook description: [quote]streams that meander between the rocks and trees .[/quote] space between 'trees' and the period [quote=terraclae]the operation of gem mines, and acting as the de facto voice of the earth flight.[/quote] [quote=sundial terrace]an activity that has been practiced since before the Light dragons ever settled.[/quote] no idea which is intended to be correct, since this is one of the things that seems to vary a lot on the site, but it's noticeable in the world map descriptions - flight names are inconsistently capitalized, these are just an example/comparison, there's a lot more that i might need to hunt for later sunportal description: [quote]Having been reactivated thanks to a magical keystone, its true purpose was revealed as a transfer device to and [b]from the Tangled Wood reconnecting it[/b] to its sister arch, the Moonportal, which resides in the daykissed meadows of the Sunbeam[/quote] might need 'by' between 'wood' and 'reconnecting' leviathan trench description: [quote]Many wonders are said to exist here - more relics of prehistory - shrouded, even[/quote] should have em dashes [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=86]joxar's spare inventory page[/url]: [quote]Spare Inventory from Festive Favors[/quote] missing punctuation [quote]Festive Favors is open for one week each during each elemental holiday, which takes place during the end of each month. There are two sections in the shop. The Elemental Festival Shop, and Joxar's Spare Inventory.[/quote] putdated; should clarify that these shops are now found in the Grand Exchange (and these are now sorta two distinct shops, not two parts of one festive favors shop) [quote]Players may also use this monthly shop to spend Prismatic Tokens to purchase unique color variant items [b]ala carte[/b]![/quote] should be 'à la carte' (or even just 'a la carte') [quote]1 chance at a past holiday skin from [b]the[/b] June 2016 onward.[/quote] 'the' should be removed. should also add a mention of the bears, which are also bonus items now. [quote]We wanted to keep the crates fresh and engaging for returning players who may already own all the holiday items, while still offering players a controlled chance at past holiday items from the 2016-2017 holiday season and beyond. To facilitate this, crates may drop past holiday items OR unique color variants of past holiday items! Because some players will have the former via holidays, but there's no other way to gain the color variants, we introduced a more reliable way for players to be able to collect the color variant items.[/quote] not a typo but this entire paragraph could be removed since it's from the announcement post originally and doesn't make that much sense in the context of the page. or just shorten it to 'Prismatic Tokens are intended as a more reliable way for players to be able to collect the color variant items'; something like that. [quote]1 Prismatic Token will drop from each and every spare inventory crate. This item may be used in Joxar's Spare Inventory to pick and choose color variant items. Yes, this means that every Spare Inventory Crate will give you one item, and a token that can be exchanged for a second item! Joxar's Spare Inventory shop will only ever offer color variants in exchange for prismatic tokens. If you want a past holiday item, you will need to purchase them from other players, or hope that the dice roll in your favor when opening the chests![/quote] 'prismatic tokens' should be capitalized as it has been in most of the page. same goes for 'spare inventory crate' in the 1st sentence. also since this was also directly taken from an announcement post i personally feel like this section of the article especially might do with a rewrite to fit the tone more to other encyclopedia articles. something like this, but this is very subjective and please feel free to ignore it: "To keep Spare Inventory Crates fresh even for players who already own all the holiday items, crates may also drop unique color variants of past holiday items. As a more reliable way of obtaining these color variant items, one Prismatic Token is guaranteed to drop from each and every Spare Inventory Crate. This item may be used in Joxar's Spare Inventory to pick and choose color variant items, meaning that every Spare Inventory Crate gives you one (and possibly a bonus) holiday or color variant item, and a token that can be exchanged for an extra color variant item. Joxar's Spare Inventory will only ever offer color variants in exchange for Prismatic Tokens. Past holiday items are available from Spare Inventory Crates or can be purchased from other players, but are not available for purchase in the Spare Inventory shop." [quote]Beginning June of 2018, elemental bears and color variant bears from our 2nd holiday season and Night of the Nocturne event will be moved to Joxar's Spare Inventory as a bonus chance item:[/quote] also needs a rewrite since we're way past june 2018 now. maybe change the bolded 'Bonus Skins' header to 'Bonus Items', since it's no longer just the skins now, then make the part about the bears similar to the preceding text about the skins (without the reference to the skin pages ofc)... or at least change the paragraph to past tense :P [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=11]gene page[/url]: [quote](Primary-body, Secondary-wings, Tertiary-Accents)[/quote] accents shouldn't be capitalized [quote]Modern dragons all share universal gene scrolls that can be used on any modern breed. They cannot use ancient scrolls[/quote] missing a period [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=85]notn encyclopedia[/url]: [quote]A December Holiday[/quote] missing punctuation [quote]the elusive Nocturnes [b]are begin[/b] to spread across the realm.[/quote] should be "begin" or "are beginning" [quote]The smirch gene has made itself known[/quote] 'smirch' should be capitalized, though i personally think this entire part should be deleted (if this page is reworked, maybe a separate section for specialty items instead?) won't touch on the rest of the outdated info there since i assume it'll probably get rewritten [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki]encyclopedia main page:[/url] [quote]Events Calendar 2023[/quote] 'events' should be 'event' (since that's how it's spelled on the page itself) arlo's ancient artifacts: [quote]Look no further than the earth beneath your claws. [b]I’m[/b] circumnavigating Sornieth on a series of archaeological digs, and I am going to need a lot of help. Together with the Dragonhome Preservation Guild, we can answer many of the questions of this [b]realm’s[/b] past. After [b]I’ve[/b] catalogued them, any artifacts you find are yours to keep.[/quote] seems to use the wrong apostrophes, going by other pages [quote]The deepest parts of the ocean hold the oldest [b]sea life[/b] and fossils.[/quote] should be 'sealife' [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=42]cycled-out items page[/url]: [quote]You may find a list of [b]the[/b] Flight Rising's cycled out items[/quote] 'the' should be removed. page is also veryyy outdated but again i assume that'll be fixed eventually anyways [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/stages]game database venue page:[/url] [quote]All Stages[/quote] missing punctuation. looking things over the same goes for all other game database pages (all following the "All X" format) except the 'recent comments' one [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=29]imperial encyclopedia page[/url]: [quote] from The Beacon of the Radiant Eye[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]and an impressive pair of fringed leather wings[/quote] should be 'leathery' [quote]and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites[/quote] should have an em dash: "of the Lightweaver — excavated from..." [quote]these dragons are difficult to read [b]with[/b] those who are not familiar with each individual[/quote] 'with' should be 'to' [quote]Emperor dragons [b]are danger[/b] on a battlefield where many Imperials have fallen.[/quote] missing an 'a': "are a danger on..." [quote]These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length.[/quote] possibly change to "are mindless monstrosities fused from (...) of fallen Imperials, with some..." [quote]the larger the emperor[/quote] 'emperor' should be capitalized
i'm so sorry for this undel
Limanya wrote on 2022-11-26 10:48:05:
Limanya wrote on 2022-03-02 10:37:03:
Limanya wrote on 2022-02-15 15:21:24:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-27 06:58:42:
Armored Colony
Quote:
A symbiotic creature from whom the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.
not so much a typo as the description being grammatically dubious and difficult to parse. a possible fix:
Quote:
A symbiotic creature: the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.
this is a fairly simple fix but there's probably a lot more that can done for clarity
Fungal Garden
Quote:
A carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help this creature to attract a mate, or it may gather them purely for its own enjoyment.
i don't think the fungi likes to gather mates...? similar grammatical issues, a possible fix would be:
Quote:
This creature's carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help it attract a mate, though it is also known to gather mushrooms purely for its own enjoyment.

Vilevenom Kelpie
Quote:
It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename "Poisonparty Kelpie".
should be
Quote:
It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename it to "Poisonparty Kelpie".

Ink Ant
Quote:
Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: Don't wear your finest.
should be
Quote:
Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: don't wear your finest.

also a lot of issues with inconsistent capitalization in the lore stories, here's a few i could find
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=99
Quote:
Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding The First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.
should be
Quote:
Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding the First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.
nearly all other instances of "the First Seed" also have "The" incorrectly capitalized, i won't be quoting them all here for length's sake but a ctrl+f will find them for you
Quote:
The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar- ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled.
should be
Quote:
The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, the Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled.

Quote:
“Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.
should be
Quote:
“Ambassador, the Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.

Quote:
Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night The Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.
should be
Quote:
Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night the Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.

Quote:
Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her The Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”
should be
Quote:
Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her the Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”

Quote:
There! The emerald glow of The First Seed!
should be
Quote:
There! The emerald glow of the First Seed!

Quote:
Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place - The First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.
should be
Quote:
Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place the First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.

Quote:
“Almon, we must go to The Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive -but The Behemoth, the great tree...bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”
should be
Quote:
“Almon, we must go to the Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive but the Behemoth, the great tree... bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=107
Quote:
“Fall back! Fall back!” a gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“
should be
Quote:
“Fall back! Fall back!” a Gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“
(since it doesn't seem like this dragon is guarding any jails at the moment)
the rest of this story also has breed names incorrectly uncapitalized
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=105
on the encyclopedia Bounty of the Elements page, the Dormant Obelisk Statue is meant to link to the obelisk story but can't properly be clicked on
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98
for length's sake i won't add all instances of this happening, but nearly all instances i could find of breed names are incorrectly uncapitalized
Quote:
Just below the writhing spiral, Flick let out a whoop, “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”
should be
Quote:
Just below the writhing Spiral, Flick let out a whoop: “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”

Quote:
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here-”
should be
Quote:
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here

Quote:
Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments - ever.
should be
Quote:
Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments ever.

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97
similar problem with uncapitalized breed names
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=96
again breed names are uncapitalized. more recent stories have breed names capitalized, hence why i consider this an error, but this is a problem that appears throughout many of the original Bounty of the Elements stories (though not all)
Quote:
Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alter
should be
Quote:
Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Altar

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=94
same problem with uncapitalized breed names
Quote:
“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back-”
should be
Quote:
“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back
the use of hyphens where there should be em dashes (—) is also a problem that occurs very frequently in a lot of these stories, so again i'd recommend a ctrl+f search to find them all since i don't want to make this post endlessly long and no doubt miss a lot anyway.
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=95
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=93
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=92
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes. the word "beastclan" is also uncapitalized (whereas it was capitalized in the recent Warrior's Way story).
is named Glass Explosion; the original submission was named Glass Exposition. i have no way of knowing if this change was intentional so i thought i'd bring this up in case it was a mistake?
Hazel Harvest Celebration
Quote:
May contain the hazel bracelet, goblet, wreath, robe, sandals, tail twist, and vines. Will provide TWO random items.
"Hazel" is not capitalized in the description, unlike the other bundles where the color variants are capitalized.
all harvest bundles also do not have the item names capitalized; compare Warden's Spoils which does have capitalization for everything.
Courageous Warhorse
Quote:
Its name is "Courage: the courageous warhorse".
quotation marks seem unnecessary?
Abyss Vulture
Quote:
Abyss vultures scavenge carrion off the seabed. They are not picky eaters. Today you eat Abyss vulture, years from now Abyss vulture eats you...
either "Abyss" needs to be uncapitalized or "vulture" needs to be capitalized
Pale Smallmouth
Quote:
These fish are unable to tolerate water touched by plaguebringer's brood. Their presence is a good indication if the water is safe to drink.
"plaguebringer" needs to be capitalized
Dark Harvest Goblet
Quote:
A goblet of grape vineyards to celebrates a bountiful harvest!
same error across all recolors
"to celebrates" should be "that celebrates" or "to celebrate". "a goblet of grape vineyards" also doesn't make much sense; at the very least "grape" should go since 'vineyard' already implies grapes. but it also sounds like the goblets contain vineyards.
Copper Harvest Wreath
same error across all recolors
Quote:
A crown of grapes celebrate a bountiful harvest!
needs to be "celebrates" or to "celebrate"
Plasma Mask
Quote:
An ...attempt at protective wear.
should be
Quote:
An... attempt at protective wear.

Lovebirds Dried Tea
Quote:
Being able to offer a wide variety of fresh, delicious tea will help to make one valuable to a wide variety of palettes.
"palates", not "palettes"
Current Caller Raiment
Cinnabar Plaguebringer
at this point i have no idea if "flight" (as in "water flight", "plague flight") is meant to be capitalized - it isn't in the current caller raiment's description, but it is in the descriptions of all the deity statues. should be made consistent either way.

one of tomo's questions:
Quote:
Which of the following is a food item indigenous to The Southern Icefield?
also has incorrect capitalization on the word "the"

the new lore story has a couple of errors:

inconsistent breed name capitalization
Quote:
The mirror dragon and his spiral companion had been assigned by Warchief Morix
Quote:
The Spiral shot upright and into the air, her eyes wide with shock.

'patrol' needs to be uncapitalized
Quote:
This is an order from the Warchief himself, Scout Cariane: Patrol the Rim, report back anything suspicious.

nature needs to be capitalized
Quote:
“NononononoNO! That horrid nature seed didn’t get this far!”

missing a 'the'
Quote:
He caught Mirror with his body in mid-air.
the newest lore story (Echoes of the Deep) also has several errors:
Quote:
Echoes Of The Deep
the lore story's title in both the page header and the breadcrumb above it has 'of' and 'the' capitalized; this is inconsistent with both 1. other lore stories' titles and 2. the image that links to the story. the capitals should probably be removed from those words.
Quote:
Under the tides we ruled,
In Tidelord’s name...that omniscient fool!

missing a space
Quote:
Under the tides we turned
From him; the Tidelord we spurned.

Under the tides, we roamed.
On our own, seeking home…

the semicolon here seems somewhat out of place? and 'roamed' should not have a period following it, so as to be consistent with the similar enjambment (turned / from him) in the preceding stanza
Quote:
Excitement coursed through Gilly, from head to the tips of her tail fins.

although it's clear this is a play on "head to toe" the grammar seems off to me personally. it might be better to have "from her head" instead, so that it's not just one part that has an article inserted?
Quote:
As the two abyssal scouts tried to dive under the approaching warriors, more Maren appeared, driving them back up and surrounding them.

going by earlier usage of the word in the story, "abyssal" might need to be capitalized especially since this part is contrasting two distinct types of maren
Quote:
Two of the other Shallows Maren behind them

earlier the name "Shallow Seas" is used, one or the other should change for consistency
Quote:
We are friends. Kin from The Deep.

'the' should not be capitalized
Quote:
Please tell the dragons, the Undertide are troubled. They wish to seek a reunion with their Kin. Tell the schools, we are no longer Lost.
Quote:
Tell the dragons, the Undertide must return!

commas should be removed
Quote:
Gilly and Nen had just arrived at the outer edge of The Deep

Quote:
Tsuna scoffed at Gilly’s botched scouting mission

missing something like "the report of"
Quote:
The two Maren quickly moved under the wings of the massive dragon, grabbing hold of the edge.

should be "their"
Quote:
and that is what many of their number thought of these modern dragons ultimately were.

either "of" needs to go, or "ultimately were" needs to be replaced with "as"
Quote:
There was no denying that the Undertide of The Deep changed the day

Quote:
sent to re-establish communication with the shallow seas

"shallow seas" should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" to be consistent with earlier usage of the term
Quote:
breached the entrance to the Sea of A Thousand Currents.

'a' should not be capitalized, and the entire name should not be italicized
Quote:
The elders of the Abyssal Maren, weaponless and buoyed by their Undertide companions, broke off from their group and began to sing. First with their school’s ancient song before transitioning to songs of loss, eons in the depths, aiding leviathans that harbored a deep pain, and finding a new family.

"with" should maybe be removed?
Quote:
the schools of shallow seas Maren erupted in cries of joy and jubilation

again, 'shallow seas' should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas"
Quote:
she could feel the dragons behind them.The schools scattered,

missing a space

also:

Fossil Hunter Abyss Wanderer
Quote:
The deepsea Maren hunt relentlessly for fossils to bring to their found family far below the surface.
Quote:
Deep sea Maren wear enchanted fossils that allow them to traverse the upper reaches of the sea without the difference in pressure affecting them.

one of these has "deepsea" in their description and the other has "deep sea"; one should be changed to match the other

from the undertide encyclopedia page:
Quote:
The Undertide species originates from the The Deep: a span abyssal ocean outside of most acknowledged elemental territories. Access to The Deep can be gained by traversing the Leviathan Trench and following its southwestern exit.

"The" should not be capitalized (this goes for every later use of "The Deep" as well), and i'm thinking it should be "a span of abyssal ocean"?
Quote:
They formed an immediate bond with an isolated deep-sea subspecies of Maren who welcomed them into their schools with open arms.

is it "deepsea", "deep-sea" or "deep sea"? i'm not sure which one should be used, but all 3 are used so that's an inconsistency that should be fixed
Quote:
passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike.

probably meant to be "and"?
from tomo:
Quote:
I have an ongoing project to etch the various facts I have picked up on my travels into stone everytime I return.
should be "every time"
Quote:
I'll need a copy of that— Whoa Whoa! Scribbles! Slow down! You must pace yourself! I know you want to get back to your drawings, but we can't have mistakes, darling.
should be "Whoa! Whoa!" or "Whoa, whoa!"
Quote:
Scribbles, write it down! What are you drawing? That's odd... it looks like a dragon I once knew ages ago... but they are gone... how did you -wait- I don't think I want to know.
should be "how did you — wait — I don't think I want to know."
Quote:
Scribbles, write it- Are you illustrating the text?
should be "Scribbles, write it—"
Quote:
Scribbles, are those interprative drawings? Your pictographs are of course charming, but could you record it in a Draconic please, as I am not so well versed in butterfly?
'interprative' should be 'interpretive', and 'a Draconic' should either be 'Draconic' or 'a Draconic [language/script/etc.]'
Quote:
These familiars call The Blooming Grove home:
Quote:
Which of the following is not encountered in the Forbidden Portal Venue?
(...)
Sparkslyph
'venue' should not be capitalized; "sparksylph" is misspelled
Quote:
What are the official colours of the Windsinger?
'colours' should be 'colors' (unless tomo is canonically british, which would also be pretty funny)
Quote:
Which of the following is a Baldwin's Brew Gene?
'gene' shouldn't be capitalized
Quote:
Where is a Chimera Relic made?
(...)Cairnestone Reach
should be 'cairnstone', and maybe be changed to 'cairnstone rest' so it's an actual place on the world map like the other possibilities (unless i forgot an actual cairnstone reach which is very possible; i'm kind of sleep-deprived as i write this)
Quote:
What type of gene is Clouded
missing a question mark
Quote:
What type of gene is Jaguar?
[..]
A baldwin gene
'baldwin' should be capitalized
Quote:
Red-Breasted hainu flocks call this territory home:
'hainu' should be capitalized
Quote:
At the end of which age was The Pillar destroyed?
Quote:
Which of the following is a coliseum venue?
(...)The Training Fields
'the' should be removed here (none of the other options have it)
Quote:
Which of the following enemies cannot be found in Thunderhead Savannah?
should be "savanna" (without the h)
Quote:
What type of gene is iridescent?
'iridescent' should be capitalized
Quote:
What is the name of the Plague Holiday?
'holiday' should not be capitalized
Quote:
What is the breeding cooldown of an imperial dragon?
'imperial' should be capitalized
Quote:
Where does one find the constellation gene?
'constellation' should be capitalized
Quote:
Which Deity slumbered on the very top of The Pillar?
'deity' and 'the' should not be capitalized
Quote:
What type of gene is circuit?
'circuit' should be capitalized
Quote:
What will the element of a newly hatched dragon be?
not really a typo and the answers do make it more clear but maybe it could be made more obvious that this is about bred dragons? something like "...in the nesting grounds"?
Quote:
September 22nd brings:
(...)
Autumn Breeze and Vista Autumn
should be "Vista: Autumn"; alternatively, change to "Autumn Seasonal Items" since that's the way it's listed on the event calendar (and we have way more than just those two now, anyway)
Quote:
What is the name of the water domain?
(...)
Tsumani Trench
'water' should be capitalized, 'tsunami' is misspelled
Quote:
What was the name of the Second-Age magi whose prophecy ended a period of war and bloodshed, and ushered in an era of prosperity?
'magi' is plural; this should be 'magus' or 'mage'. same goes for the Longneck Magi and related items (Balloon Belly Magi, Magi Casting Rod, Magi Crate, Skin: Longneck Magi)
Quote:
Which creature calls the scorched forest home, and fights to protect it from encroaching dragons?
"Scorched Forest" should be capitalized

from the grand exchange page:
Quote:
Purchase tokens of affection for your friends and loved ones at Susie's Sweet Sentiments shop. This shop will remain open for the duration of the Love is in the Air.
should have 'event' after 'love is in the air', like the description for patches's shop has

item descriptions: many fest familiars have inconsistent descriptions regarding the 'holiday item' portion of the text. an example:
Slink descriptions wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2023 holiday item.)
- period at the end, 'holiday item' not capitalized
Statue descriptions wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2022 Holiday Item)
- no period at the end, 'holiday item' capitalized. the zodiac familiars, gem guardians and most of the ambassadors follow this pattern too
Aerborne Ambassador wrote:
(Mistral Jamboree Holiday Item 2019)
- no period at the end; year is at the end instead of in the middle
Glitterfreeze Ambassador wrote:
(Crystalline Gala Holiday Familiar 2019.)
- period at the end; year is at the end; 'holiday familiar' instead of 'holiday item'. this is the exact pattern followed by the spirit, goblin and sprite sets of familiars as well.
acolytes wrote:
(Rockbreaker's Ceremony Holiday Item 2015.)
- period at the end, year at the end, 'holiday item' used (and capitalized)
bears wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2015.)
- missing the 'holiday item/familiar' altogether

going through fest apparel, similar inconsistencies pop up. i don't have the energy to go through every element (which probably have the same problem), but just comparing the shadow ones for now (happy trickmurk, by the way! and in the Dark Incense description, 'sweet smelling' should be 'sweet-smelling'!):
Dark Incense/Shadow Aura wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2023 Holiday Item.)
Marshlurkers Drape/Shadows Charm wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2022 Holiday Item)
Void's Grasp, not the scene - see below wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2021 Holiday Item)
Shadowstrike/Standard of the Shadowbinder wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2020 Holiday Item)
Murkmirth Tailcoat/Murkmirth Halo wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2019 Holiday Item)
Bramble Mantle wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2018.)
Trickster's Magic Cards wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2017.)
Shady Crown wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2016.)
Gloomwillow Guide wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2016)
Moonglow Thorns wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2015 Holiday Item)
Shady Sash wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2015.)
Tricktrouper Crown wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus 2014 Holiday Item)
Shady Emblem wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item)
Shady Armband wrote:
(Trickmurk Circus Holiday Item 2014)

also, in the festival scenes' descriptions, the 'holiday item' section is missing for the ice, shadow, wind, water and nature scenes. earth and the earlier scenes do have this part. the festival vistas have nothing at all - probably intentional, but could possibly be changed since at least like half the festival scenes also have this despite their similarly otherwise-generic description?

from the world map, emperor's wake description:
Quote:
A fusion of the dessicated Imperial corpses foolishly left unburied[...]
'the' should either be removed, or changed to 'three'. 'dessicated' should be 'desiccated'.

crystalspine reaches description:
Quote:
[...]creating a concave and sheltered realm for younger flights to nurture their nascent powers and to grow accustomed to the warping energies of the land.
not really a typo, but the way the word 'flights' is used here is rather confusing considering the very specific meaning 'flight' otherwise tends to have in site lore

singer's brook description:
Quote:
streams that meander between the rocks and trees .
space between 'trees' and the period
terraclae wrote:
the operation of gem mines, and acting as the de facto voice of the earth flight.
sundial terrace wrote:
an activity that has been practiced since before the Light dragons ever settled.
no idea which is intended to be correct, since this is one of the things that seems to vary a lot on the site, but it's noticeable in the world map descriptions - flight names are inconsistently capitalized, these are just an example/comparison, there's a lot more that i might need to hunt for later

sunportal description:
Quote:
Having been reactivated thanks to a magical keystone, its true purpose was revealed as a transfer device to and from the Tangled Wood reconnecting it to its sister arch, the Moonportal, which resides in the daykissed meadows of the Sunbeam
might need 'by' between 'wood' and 'reconnecting'

leviathan trench description:
Quote:
Many wonders are said to exist here - more relics of prehistory - shrouded, even
should have em dashes

joxar's spare inventory page:
Quote:
Spare Inventory from Festive Favors
missing punctuation
Quote:
Festive Favors is open for one week each during each elemental holiday, which takes place during the end of each month. There are two sections in the shop. The Elemental Festival Shop, and Joxar's Spare Inventory.
putdated; should clarify that these shops are now found in the Grand Exchange (and these are now sorta two distinct shops, not two parts of one festive favors shop)
Quote:
Players may also use this monthly shop to spend Prismatic Tokens to purchase unique color variant items ala carte!
should be 'à la carte' (or even just 'a la carte')
Quote:
1 chance at a past holiday skin from the June 2016 onward.
'the' should be removed. should also add a mention of the bears, which are also bonus items now.
Quote:
We wanted to keep the crates fresh and engaging for returning players who may already own all the holiday items, while still offering players a controlled chance at past holiday items from the 2016-2017 holiday season and beyond. To facilitate this, crates may drop past holiday items OR unique color variants of past holiday items! Because some players will have the former via holidays, but there's no other way to gain the color variants, we introduced a more reliable way for players to be able to collect the color variant items.

not a typo but this entire paragraph could be removed since it's from the announcement post originally and doesn't make that much sense in the context of the page. or just shorten it to 'Prismatic Tokens are intended as a more reliable way for players to be able to collect the color variant items'; something like that.
Quote:
1 Prismatic Token will drop from each and every spare inventory crate. This item may be used in Joxar's Spare Inventory to pick and choose color variant items. Yes, this means that every Spare Inventory Crate will give you one item, and a token that can be exchanged for a second item! Joxar's Spare Inventory shop will only ever offer color variants in exchange for prismatic tokens. If you want a past holiday item, you will need to purchase them from other players, or hope that the dice roll in your favor when opening the chests!

'prismatic tokens' should be capitalized as it has been in most of the page. same goes for 'spare inventory crate' in the 1st sentence. also since this was also directly taken from an announcement post i personally feel like this section of the article especially might do with a rewrite to fit the tone more to other encyclopedia articles. something like this, but this is very subjective and please feel free to ignore it:

"To keep Spare Inventory Crates fresh even for players who already own all the holiday items, crates may also drop unique color variants of past holiday items. As a more reliable way of obtaining these color variant items, one Prismatic Token is guaranteed to drop from each and every Spare Inventory Crate. This item may be used in Joxar's Spare Inventory to pick and choose color variant items, meaning that every Spare Inventory Crate gives you one (and possibly a bonus) holiday or color variant item, and a token that can be exchanged for an extra color variant item.

Joxar's Spare Inventory will only ever offer color variants in exchange for Prismatic Tokens. Past holiday items are available from Spare Inventory Crates or can be purchased from other players, but are not available for purchase in the Spare Inventory shop."
Quote:
Beginning June of 2018, elemental bears and color variant bears from our 2nd holiday season and Night of the Nocturne event will be moved to Joxar's Spare Inventory as a bonus chance item:

also needs a rewrite since we're way past june 2018 now. maybe change the bolded 'Bonus Skins' header to 'Bonus Items', since it's no longer just the skins now, then make the part about the bears similar to the preceding text about the skins (without the reference to the skin pages ofc)... or at least change the paragraph to past tense :P

gene page:
Quote:
(Primary-body, Secondary-wings, Tertiary-Accents)
accents shouldn't be capitalized
Quote:
Modern dragons all share universal gene scrolls that can be used on any modern breed. They cannot use ancient scrolls
missing a period

notn encyclopedia:
Quote:
A December Holiday
missing punctuation
Quote:
the elusive Nocturnes are begin to spread across the realm.
should be "begin" or "are beginning"
Quote:
The smirch gene has made itself known
'smirch' should be capitalized, though i personally think this entire part should be deleted (if this page is reworked, maybe a separate section for specialty items instead?)

won't touch on the rest of the outdated info there since i assume it'll probably get rewritten

encyclopedia main page:
Quote:
Events Calendar 2023
'events' should be 'event' (since that's how it's spelled on the page itself)

arlo's ancient artifacts:
Quote:
Look no further than the earth beneath your claws. I’m circumnavigating Sornieth on a series of archaeological digs, and I am going to need a lot of help. Together with the Dragonhome Preservation Guild, we can answer many of the questions of this realm’s past. After I’ve catalogued them, any artifacts you find are yours to keep.
seems to use the wrong apostrophes, going by other pages
Quote:
The deepest parts of the ocean hold the oldest sea life and fossils.
should be 'sealife'

cycled-out items page:
Quote:
You may find a list of the Flight Rising's cycled out items
'the' should be removed. page is also veryyy outdated but again i assume that'll be fixed eventually anyways

game database venue page:
Quote:
All Stages
missing punctuation. looking things over the same goes for all other game database pages (all following the "All X" format) except the 'recent comments' one

imperial encyclopedia page:
Quote:
from The Beacon of the Radiant Eye
Quote:
and an impressive pair of fringed leather wings
should be 'leathery'
Quote:
and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites
should have an em dash: "of the Lightweaver — excavated from..."
Quote:
these dragons are difficult to read with those who are not familiar with each individual
'with' should be 'to'
Quote:
Emperor dragons are danger on a battlefield where many Imperials have fallen.
missing an 'a': "are a danger on..."
Quote:
These ghastly behemoths are a mindless monstrosity, fused from the bodies of fallen Imperials with some specimens known to have reached over 100 meters in length.
possibly change to "are mindless monstrosities fused from (...) of fallen Imperials, with some..."
Quote:
the larger the emperor
'emperor' should be capitalized

bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/exchange/susies-sweet-sentiments]Susie's text in the Grand Exchange[/url] now that the event is over reads: [quote]Please do return for next year's event so that we can find the perfect tokens of affection for your friends and [b]loved one[/b] during next year's Love is in the Air![/quote] And should probably say [b]loved ones[/b], plural.
Susie's text in the Grand Exchange now that the event is over reads:
Quote:
Please do return for next year's event so that we can find the perfect tokens of affection for your friends and loved one during next year's Love is in the Air!

And should probably say loved ones, plural.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

Spotted this while checking out the updated gene thread! P sure gembond isn't a rare gene. ^^; [center][img]https://imgur.com/Wi04sLJ.png[/img][/center]
Spotted this while checking out the updated gene thread! P sure gembond isn't a rare gene. ^^;
Wi04sLJ.png
VXZZmOI.png
Tomo has a question about the Sweetheart Swan appearing in Swipp’s during the month of February; however, that is now one of Susie’s items and is outdated.
Tomo has a question about the Sweetheart Swan appearing in Swipp’s during the month of February; however, that is now one of Susie’s items and is outdated.
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
1 2 ... 290 291 292 293 294 ... 329 330