Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 329 330
The Snapper encyclopedia page has 'the the' in the little subtitle below their breed name at the very top of the page!
The Snapper encyclopedia page has 'the the' in the little subtitle below their breed name at the very top of the page!
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
[columns][item=Ruffletail Slug][nextcol]In the tooltip, "easy to follow" should be hyphenated between each word since it's referring to the noun after it. "These garden pests leave an elaborate and [b]easy-to-follow[/b] trail of destruction." [/columns] ----- [columns][item=Coppercoil Spider][nextcol]There seems to be a missing preposition between 'crawl' and 'your'.. "These spiders will crawl [b]around/about/into[/b] your dragons' lair on a hunt for information." [/columns] ----- [columns][item=Common Shellbug][nextcol]Missing a comma right in between 'dragons' and 'the' "Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: Luckily for impatient [b]dragons, the[/b] shell is also edible." [/columns] ----- [columns][item=Snowkissed Centipede][nextcol]Missing a comma in between 'find' and 'even' "The many black legs of this centipede make it easy to [b]find, even[/b] in the worst snowstorms." [/columns] ----- [columns][item=Centipede][nextcol]Missing a hyphen between 'ill' and 'advised' "These insects go well with mushrooms, though swallowing them whole is [b]ill-advised.[/b]"
Ruffletail Slug In the tooltip, "easy to follow" should be hyphenated between each word since it's referring to the noun after it.

"These garden pests leave an elaborate and easy-to-follow trail of destruction."

Coppercoil Spider There seems to be a missing preposition between 'crawl' and 'your'..

"These spiders will crawl around/about/into your dragons' lair on a hunt for information."

Common Shellbug Missing a comma right in between 'dragons' and 'the'

"Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: Luckily for impatient dragons, the shell is also edible."

Snowkissed Centipede Missing a comma in between 'find' and 'even'

"The many black legs of this centipede make it easy to find, even in the worst snowstorms."

Centipede Missing a hyphen between 'ill' and 'advised'

"These insects go well with mushrooms, though swallowing them whole is ill-advised."
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
[quote name="Eucyon" date="2023-01-26 22:53:44" ] [columns][item=Common Shellbug][nextcol]Missing 2 commas; one after 'luckily' and the other right in between 'dragons' and 'the' "Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: [b]Luckily, for[/b] impatient [b]dragons, the[/b] shell is also edible." [/columns] [/quote] @Eucyon I disagree that the first comma is needed. I believe it should be: "Luckily for impatient [b]dragons, the[/b] shell is also edible." If it was "Luckily, the shell is also edible," the comma after "Luckily" would be correct, but as it stands, it's not. It's [b]lucky for impatient dragons[/b] that the shell is also edible, and that's what the single comma after "dragons" indicates. --- Oh, and also - the capital L of "Luckily" is incorrect after a colon. It needs to be one of "[b]shell. Luckily[/b]", with a full stop and a capital L, or "[b]shell: luckily[/b]", with a colon and a lower-case L, or "[b]shell; luckily[/b]", with a semi-colon and a lower-case L. If I was the one doing the editing, I'd go with the first one.
Eucyon wrote on 2023-01-26 22:53:44:
Common Shellbug Missing 2 commas; one after 'luckily' and the other right in between 'dragons' and 'the'

"Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: Luckily, for impatient dragons, the shell is also edible."

@Eucyon

I disagree that the first comma is needed. I believe it should be:

"Luckily for impatient dragons, the shell is also edible."

If it was "Luckily, the shell is also edible," the comma after "Luckily" would be correct, but as it stands, it's not.

It's lucky for impatient dragons that the shell is also edible, and that's what the single comma after "dragons" indicates.

---

Oh, and also - the capital L of "Luckily" is incorrect after a colon.

It needs to be one of "shell. Luckily", with a full stop and a capital L, or "shell: luckily", with a colon and a lower-case L, or "shell; luckily", with a semi-colon and a lower-case L.

If I was the one doing the editing, I'd go with the first one.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-01-23 19:19:24" ] [quote name="crumbaby" date="2020-09-21 12:39:35" ] [item=gaboon viperpillar][item=gaboon caterpillar] it's spelled [b]gaboon[/b], not gabboon[/quote] This has been corrected ;_; [/quote] The item names have been corrected, but the Coli monster from which they drop is still called Gabboon Viperpillar.
Undel wrote on 2023-01-23 19:19:24:
crumbaby wrote on 2020-09-21 12:39:35:
Gaboon Viperpillar Gaboon Caterpillar
it's spelled gaboon, not gabboon

This has been corrected ;_;

The item names have been corrected, but the Coli monster from which they drop is still called Gabboon Viperpillar.

tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
[quote name="@Eucyon" date="2023-01-26 22:53:44" ][columns][item=Glass Cicada][nextcol]The 'unwritten rule' of English is that adjectives have an order; that being opinion-size-age-shape-color-origin-material-purpose, so fragile would technically fall under opinion, while shimmering would fall under color. Of course this doesn't [i]actually[/i] have to be changed if not need be. "Durable while in the nymph form, this cicada gets its name for the [b]fragile, shimmering[/b] wings it gains later in life."[/columns][/quote] The 'unwritten rule' does not always have to be followed, and the adjectives in this tooltip are [i]coordinate adjectives[/i]; they modify the same noun. The comma here stands in for "and". As you suggest, their order could be reversed with no loss of meaning. Given that "shimmering" is supposed to evoke glass, which is more important information to the item description as a whole, I argue that this tooltip should be left alone. [quote name="@Eucyon" date="2023-01-26 22:53:44" ][columns][item=Coppercoil Spider][nextcol]There seems to be a missing preposition between 'crawl' and 'your'.. "These spiders will crawl [b]around/about/into[/b] your dragons' lair on a hunt for information."[/columns][/quote]The preposition in this tooltip is implied. I suspect this tooltip references webcrawlers, bots that crawl the internet looking for new pages and websites to add to their indexes. They're more commonly known as spiders. If the preposition was explicitly inserted into this tooltip, that reference would be lost. [quote name="LuminAgricola" date="2023-01-27 03:41:52" ] [quote name="Eucyon" date="2023-01-26 22:53:44" ] [columns][item=Common Shellbug][nextcol]Missing 2 commas; one after 'luckily' and the other right in between 'dragons' and 'the' "Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: [b]Luckily, for[/b] impatient [b]dragons, the[/b] shell is also edible." [/columns] [/quote] @/Eucyon I disagree that the first comma is needed. I believe it should be: "Luckily for impatient [b]dragons, the[/b] shell is also edible." If it was "Luckily, the shell is also edible," the comma after "Luckily" would be correct, but as it stands, it's not. It's [b]lucky for impatient dragons[/b] that the shell is also edible, and that's what the single comma after "dragons" indicates. --- Oh, and also - the capital L of "Luckily" is incorrect after a colon. It needs to be one of "[b]shell. Luckily[/b]", with a full stop and a capital L, or "[b]shell: luckily[/b]", with a colon and a lower-case L, or "[b]shell; luckily[/b]", with a semi-colon and a lower-case L. If I was the one doing the editing, I'd go with the first one.[/quote]@LuminAgricola I agree with you that only the second comma is necessary and that the capital L after the colon is incorrect. But if I was doing the editing, I'd go with [b]shell; luckily[/b]. The semicolon indicates a stronger relationship between the two sentences than the full stop and in this case would point up the humor in the tooltip. The dragon could put in [i]all that effort[/i] to coax the shellbug out of its shell - or they could just eat it!
@Eucyon wrote on 2023-01-26 22:53:44:
Glass Cicada The 'unwritten rule' of English is that adjectives have an order; that being opinion-size-age-shape-color-origin-material-purpose, so fragile would technically fall under opinion, while shimmering would fall under color. Of course this doesn't actually have to be changed if not need be.

"Durable while in the nymph form, this cicada gets its name for the fragile, shimmering wings it gains later in life."
The 'unwritten rule' does not always have to be followed, and the adjectives in this tooltip are coordinate adjectives; they modify the same noun. The comma here stands in for "and". As you suggest, their order could be reversed with no loss of meaning. Given that "shimmering" is supposed to evoke glass, which is more important information to the item description as a whole, I argue that this tooltip should be left alone.

@Eucyon wrote on 2023-01-26 22:53:44:
Coppercoil Spider There seems to be a missing preposition between 'crawl' and 'your'..

"These spiders will crawl around/about/into your dragons' lair on a hunt for information."
The preposition in this tooltip is implied.

I suspect this tooltip references webcrawlers, bots that crawl the internet looking for new pages and websites to add to their indexes. They're more commonly known as spiders. If the preposition was explicitly inserted into this tooltip, that reference would be lost.

LuminAgricola wrote on 2023-01-27 03:41:52:
Eucyon wrote on 2023-01-26 22:53:44:
Common Shellbug Missing 2 commas; one after 'luckily' and the other right in between 'dragons' and 'the'

"Shellbugs are shy and require patience and kind words to encourage them to come out of their shell: Luckily, for impatient dragons, the shell is also edible."

@/Eucyon

I disagree that the first comma is needed. I believe it should be:

"Luckily for impatient dragons, the shell is also edible."

If it was "Luckily, the shell is also edible," the comma after "Luckily" would be correct, but as it stands, it's not.

It's lucky for impatient dragons that the shell is also edible, and that's what the single comma after "dragons" indicates.

---

Oh, and also - the capital L of "Luckily" is incorrect after a colon.

It needs to be one of "shell. Luckily", with a full stop and a capital L, or "shell: luckily", with a colon and a lower-case L, or "shell; luckily", with a semi-colon and a lower-case L.

If I was the one doing the editing, I'd go with the first one.
@LuminAgricola I agree with you that only the second comma is necessary and that the capital L after the colon is incorrect. But if I was doing the editing, I'd go with shell; luckily. The semicolon indicates a stronger relationship between the two sentences than the full stop and in this case would point up the humor in the tooltip. The dragon could put in all that effort to coax the shellbug out of its shell - or they could just eat it!

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@LuminAgricola @sgkat ah, I guess I'll stick to my knowledge of how to use hyphens over anything else... thank you guys xD
@LuminAgricola @sgkat ah, I guess I'll stick to my knowledge of how to use hyphens over anything else... thank you guys xD
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
missing comma after the Scribbles i think [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/871329303982374943/1068824582225662013/image.png[/img]
missing comma after the Scribbles i think
image.png
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[item=Static-Charged Tail Poof] This one is missing a punctuation mark!
Static-Charged Tail Poof

This one is missing a punctuation mark!
8g7QT7K.png
8ELGk5e.png
4PVRKCL.pngtyEuRXe.png
bYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.png
JrEJc4j.pngdEe2UrM.png
LIsvgUw.png
[item=Bamboo Phytocat] There are two periods instead of a full stop or a ellipsis
Bamboo Phytocat There are two periods instead of a full stop or a ellipsis
My art shop: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3154548/1

Wishlist: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66071303

The Long Road Home (Pinkerlocke and writing project): https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3218694
[quote name="reilybug" date="2023-01-28 09:46:56" ] [item=Bamboo Phytocat] There are two periods instead of a full stop or a ellipsis [/quote] [center][font=new corier][color=#7a3b3b] this is likely intentional as a suspense factor. for example: “watch your step..” invokes a feeling of suspense and/or mystery.
reilybug wrote on 2023-01-28 09:46:56:
Bamboo Phytocat There are two periods instead of a full stop or a ellipsis
this is likely intentional as a suspense factor.
for example: “watch your step..” invokes a feeling of suspense and/or mystery.
pHCrqjQ.gif
1 2 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 329 330