Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 283 284 285 286 287 ... 329 330
[quote name= date="2022-10-24 07:36:48" ] [item=hellhound] "hellhound are incredibly loyal" should be "hellhounds" [/quote] @crumbaby we dont know if hellhound is being used in singular or plural. You would say 'fish are incredibly loyal' not 'fishes are incredibly loyal' so it just depends on how the word works. Since hellhound is a word, but all forms of fiction are different (eg griffin and gryphon) they are just using the word hellhound as plural.
date="2022-10-24 07:36:48" wrote:
Hellhound
"hellhound are incredibly loyal" should be "hellhounds"
@crumbaby we dont know if hellhound is being used in singular or plural. You would say 'fish are incredibly loyal' not 'fishes are incredibly loyal' so it just depends on how the word works. Since hellhound is a word, but all forms of fiction are different (eg griffin and gryphon) they are just using the word hellhound as plural.

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
[quote name="corndog" date="2022-10-26 17:58:09" ] tomo has a question asking "which is a primary gene" and the correct answer is "ribbon ribbon" instead of just "ribbon" [/quote] And I’m still out here getting this question wrong because ‘Ribbon Ribbon’ isn’t a gene…
corndog wrote on 2022-10-26 17:58:09:
tomo has a question asking "which is a primary gene" and the correct answer is "ribbon ribbon" instead of just "ribbon"

And I’m still out here getting this question wrong because ‘Ribbon Ribbon’ isn’t a gene…
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8O90N9m.jpg[/img] I feel like this question should be clarified to say “two modern dragons,” because iirc breeding two ancient dragons has the chance to give you 5 eggs in a single nest
8O90N9m.jpg
I feel like this question should be clarified to say “two modern dragons,” because iirc breeding two ancient dragons has the chance to give you 5 eggs in a single nest
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lTwcTPe.png
Zazz
cQS6PnX.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
yZFrBUC.png
mlHpBMC.png
d9YLPfe.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
x7lrvvy.png
Under "Diet:" it says they eat "Seafod"

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=112
Under "Diet:" it says they eat "Seafod"

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=112
‎‎1.gif blank1.png
  • FR+3 - online randomly
  • Pings encouraged
  • Formerly Meloetta
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎Tear_in_the_Matrix_-_Buy_a_Slot_Today.png ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‎ ‎‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Plaguebringer-NOW.gif
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Guess-The-Color.gif
From the new Undertide encyclopedia entry!

"Together they built an thriving underwater city they called The Deep." should be corrected to "a thriving underwater city"

"...enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike" should be corrected to "Maren and dragon alike"
From the new Undertide encyclopedia entry!

"Together they built an thriving underwater city they called The Deep." should be corrected to "a thriving underwater city"

"...enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike" should be corrected to "Maren and dragon alike"
siggy-3.pngsiggy-2.pngsiggy-1.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rZwSd2s.png[/img] "Together they built an thriving..." just a lil typo, nothin too serious :> saw it while trying to think up lore ideas.
rZwSd2s.png

"Together they built an thriving..."

just a lil typo, nothin too serious :> saw it while trying to think up lore ideas.

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
in the Undertide enclopedia entry on the second lair paragraghp

They drafted the help of their leviathan companions and together built an impressive array of spiral buildings with passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike.
an should be and
in the Undertide enclopedia entry on the second lair paragraghp

They drafted the help of their leviathan companions and together built an impressive array of spiral buildings with passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike.
an should be and
You never truly fail unless you give up.
Rc85s.gif
mdwJU.gif
1CSt0.gif
PzJM3.gif
Tomo speaking the ancient tongues of the first age... [img]https://i.ibb.co/ZKfB4MF/Screenshot-20221124-102342.jpg[/img]
Tomo speaking the ancient tongues of the first age...
Screenshot-20221124-102342.jpg
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
[quote name="Limanya" date="2022-03-02 10:37:03" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2022-02-15 15:21:24" ] [quote name="Limanya" date="2021-10-27 06:58:42" ] [item=Armored Colony] [quote]A symbiotic creature from whom the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.[/quote] not so much a typo as the description being grammatically dubious and difficult to parse. a possible fix: [quote]A symbiotic creature: the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.[/quote] this is a fairly simple fix but there's probably a lot more that can done for clarity ----- [item=Fungal Garden] [quote]A carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help this creature to attract a mate, or it may gather them purely for its own enjoyment.[/quote] i don't think the fungi likes to gather mates...? similar grammatical issues, a possible fix would be: [quote]This creature's carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help it attract a mate, though it is also known to gather mushrooms purely for its own enjoyment.[/quote] ----- [item=Vilevenom Kelpie] [quote]It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename "Poisonparty Kelpie".[/quote] should be [quote]It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename [b]it to[/b] "Poisonparty Kelpie".[/quote] ----- [item=Ink Ant] [quote]Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: Don't wear your finest.[/quote] should be [quote]Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: [b]d[/b]on't wear your finest.[/quote] ----- also a lot of issues with inconsistent capitalization in the lore stories, here's a few i could find https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=99 [quote]Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding The First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.[/quote] should be [quote]Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding [b]t[/b]he First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.[/quote] [b]nearly all other instances of "the First Seed" also have "The" incorrectly capitalized[/b], i won't be quoting them all here for length's sake but a ctrl+f will find them for you ----- [quote]The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar- ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled. [/quote] should be [quote]The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, [b]t[/b]he Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar[b]—[/b] ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled. [/quote] ----- [quote]“Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.[/quote] should be [quote]“Ambassador, [b]t[/b]he Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled. [/quote] ----- [quote]Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night The Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.[/quote] should be [quote]Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night [b]t[/b]he Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.[/quote] ----- [quote]Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her The Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.” [/quote] should be [quote]Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her [b]t[/b]he Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”[/quote] ----- [quote][i]There![/i] The emerald glow of The First Seed![/quote] should be [quote][i]There! The emerald glow of [b]t[/b]he First Seed![/i][/quote] ----- [quote]Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place - The First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.[/quote] should be [quote]Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place [b]—[/b] [b]t[/b]he First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.[/quote] ----- [quote]“Almon, we must go to The Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive -but The Behemoth, the great tree...bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”[/quote] should be [quote]“Almon, we must go to [b]t[/b]he Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive [b]—[/b] but [b]t[/b]he Behemoth, the great tree... bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=107 [quote]“Fall back! Fall back!” a gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“[/quote] should be [quote]“Fall back! Fall back!” a [b]G[/b]aoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“[/quote] (since it doesn't seem like this dragon is guarding any jails at the moment) the rest of this story also has [b]breed names incorrectly uncapitalized[/b] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=105 on the encyclopedia Bounty of the Elements page, the [item=Dormant Obelisk Statue] is meant to link to the obelisk story but can't properly be clicked on ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98 for length's sake i won't add all instances of this happening, but nearly all instances i could find of [b]breed names are incorrectly uncapitalized[/b] [quote]Just below the writhing spiral, Flick let out a whoop, “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”[/quote] should be [quote]Just below the writhing [b]S[/b]piral, Flick let out a whoop[b]:[/b] “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”[/quote] ----- [quote]“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here-”[/quote] should be [quote]“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here[b]—[/b]”[/quote] ----- [quote]Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments - ever.[/quote] should be [quote]Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments [b]—[/b] ever.[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97 similar problem with [b]uncapitalized breed names[/b] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=96 again [b]breed names are uncapitalized[/b]. more recent stories have breed names capitalized, hence why i consider this an error, but this is a problem that appears throughout many of the original Bounty of the Elements stories (though not all) [quote]Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alter[/quote] should be [quote]Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alt[b]a[/b]r[/quote] ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=94 same problem with [b]uncapitalized breed names[/b] [quote]“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back-”[/quote] should be [quote]“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back[b]—[/b]”[/quote] [b]the use of hyphens where there should be em dashes[/b] (—) is also a problem that occurs very frequently in a lot of these stories, so again i'd recommend a ctrl+f search to find them all since i don't want to make this post endlessly long and no doubt miss a lot anyway. ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=95 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=93 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes ----- https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=92 same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes. the word "beastclan" is also uncapitalized (whereas it was capitalized in the recent Warrior's Way story). ----- [skin=42011] is named [b]Glass Explosion[/b]; the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3064256/18#post_49307685]original submission[/url] was named [b]Glass Exposition[/b]. i have no way of knowing if this change was intentional so i thought i'd bring this up in case it was a mistake? ----- [item=Hazel Harvest Celebration] [quote]May contain the hazel bracelet, goblet, wreath, robe, sandals, tail twist, and vines. Will provide TWO random items.[/quote] "Hazel" is not capitalized in the description, unlike the other bundles where the color variants are capitalized. all harvest bundles also do not have the item names capitalized; compare [item=Warden's Spoils] which does have capitalization for everything. ----- [item=Courageous Warhorse] [quote]Its name is "Courage: the courageous warhorse".[/quote] quotation marks seem unnecessary? ----- [item=Abyss Vulture] [quote]Abyss vultures scavenge carrion off the seabed. They are not picky eaters. Today you eat Abyss vulture, years from now Abyss vulture eats you...[/quote] either "Abyss" needs to be uncapitalized or "vulture" needs to be capitalized ----- [item=Pale Smallmouth] [quote]These fish are unable to tolerate water touched by plaguebringer's brood. Their presence is a good indication if the water is safe to drink.[/quote] "plaguebringer" needs to be capitalized ----- [item=Dark Harvest Goblet] [quote]A goblet of grape vineyards to celebrates a bountiful harvest![/quote] same error across all recolors "to celebrates" should be "that celebrates" or "to celebrate". "a goblet of grape vineyards" also doesn't make much sense; at the very least "grape" should go since 'vineyard' already implies grapes. but it also sounds like the goblets contain vineyards. ----- [item=Copper Harvest Wreath] same error across all recolors [quote]A crown of grapes celebrate a bountiful harvest![/quote] needs to be "celebrates" or to "celebrate" ----- [item=Plasma Mask] [quote]An ...attempt at protective wear.[/quote] should be [quote]An... attempt at protective wear.[/quote] ----- [item=Lovebirds Dried Tea] [quote]Being able to offer a wide variety of fresh, delicious tea will help to make one valuable to a wide variety of palettes.[/quote] "palates", not "palettes" ----- [item=Current Caller Raiment] [item=Cinnabar Plaguebringer] at this point i have no idea if "flight" (as in "water flight", "plague flight") is meant to be capitalized - it isn't in the current caller raiment's description, but it is in the descriptions of all the deity statues. should be made consistent either way. [/quote] one of tomo's questions: [quote]Which of the following is a food item indigenous to [b]T[/b]he Southern Icefield?[/quote] also has incorrect capitalization on the word "the" [/quote] the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=115]new lore story[/url] has a couple of errors: inconsistent breed name capitalization [quote][b]The mirror dragon and his spiral companion[/b] had been assigned by Warchief Morix[/quote] [quote]The[b] Spiral[/b] shot upright and into the air, her eyes wide with shock.[/quote] 'patrol' needs to be uncapitalized [quote]This is an order from the Warchief himself, Scout Cariane: [b]P[/b]atrol the Rim, report back anything suspicious.[/quote] nature needs to be capitalized [quote]“NononononoNO! That horrid [b]nature[/b] seed didn’t get this far!” [/quote] missing a 'the' [quote]He caught Mirror with his body in mid-air.[/quote] [/quote] the newest lore story ([url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=116]Echoes of the Deep[/url]) also has several errors: [quote]Echoes [b]Of The[/b] Deep[/quote] the lore story's title in both the page header and the breadcrumb above it has 'of' and 'the' capitalized; this is inconsistent with both 1. other lore stories' titles and 2. the image that links to the story. the capitals should probably be removed from those words. [quote]Under the tides we ruled, In Tidelord’s [b]name...that[/b] omniscient fool![/quote] missing a space [quote]Under the tides we turned From him[b];[/b] the Tidelord we spurned. Under the tides, we roamed[b].[/b] On our own, seeking home…[/quote] the semicolon here seems somewhat out of place? and 'roamed' should not have a period following it, so as to be consistent with the similar enjambment (turned / from him) in the preceding stanza [quote]Excitement coursed through Gilly, from [b]head to the tips of her tail fins.[/b][/quote] although it's clear this is a play on "head to toe" the grammar seems off to me personally. it might be better to have "from [b]her[/b] head" instead, so that it's not just one part that has an article inserted? [quote]As the two [b]abyssal[/b] scouts tried to dive under the approaching warriors, more Maren appeared, driving them back up and surrounding them.[/quote] going by earlier usage of the word in the story, "abyssal" might need to be capitalized especially since this part is contrasting two distinct types of maren [quote]Gilly’s eyes [b]drank in the brightly colored warriors[/b], a sight she never thought she would encounter![/quote] should maybe be "the sight of the brightly colored (...)" (removing the second "sight" in the sentence) [quote]Two of the other [b]Shallows[/b] Maren behind them[/quote] earlier the name "Shallow Seas" is used, one or the other should change for consistency [quote]We are friends. Kin from [b]The[/b] Deep.[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Please tell the dragons[b], [/b]the Undertide are troubled. They wish to seek a reunion with their Kin. Tell the schools[b],[/b] we are no longer Lost.[/quote] [quote]Tell the dragons[b],[/b] the Undertide must return![/quote] commas should be removed [quote]Gilly and Nen had just arrived at the outer edge of [b]The[/b] Deep[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]Tsuna [b]scoffed at Gilly’s[/b] botched scouting mission[/quote] missing something like "the report of" [quote]The two Maren quickly moved under the wings of the massive dragon, grabbing hold of [i]the[/i] edge.[/quote] should be "their" [quote]and that is what many of their number thought of these modern dragons ultimately were.[/quote] either "of" needs to go, or "ultimately were" needs to be replaced with "as" [quote]There was no denying that the Undertide of [b]The[/b] Deep changed the day[/quote] 'the' should not be capitalized [quote]sent to re-establish communication with the [b]shallow seas[/b] [/quote] "shallow seas" should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" to be consistent with earlier usage of the term [quote]breached the entrance to the [i][b]Sea of A Thousand Currents[/b][/i].[/quote] 'a' should not be capitalized, and the entire name should not be italicized [quote]The elders of the Abyssal Maren, weaponless and buoyed by their Undertide companions, broke off from their group and began to sing. First [b]with[/b] their school’s ancient song before transitioning to songs of loss, eons in the depths, aiding leviathans that harbored a deep pain, and finding a new family.[/quote] "with" should maybe be removed? [quote]the schools of [b]shallow seas Maren[/b] erupted in cries of joy and jubilation[/quote] again, 'shallow seas' should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" [quote]she could feel the dragons behind [b]them.The[/b] schools scattered,[/quote] missing a space ----- also: [item=fossil hunter] [item=abyss wanderer] [quote]The deepsea Maren hunt relentlessly for fossils to bring to their found family far below the surface.[/quote] [quote]Deep sea Maren wear enchanted fossils that allow them to traverse the upper reaches of the sea without the difference in pressure affecting them.[/quote] one of these has "deepsea" in their description and the other has "deep sea"; one should be changed to match the other ----- from the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=117]undertide encyclopedia page[/url]: [quote]The Undertide species originates from the [b]The[/b] Deep: a [b]span abyssal[/b] ocean outside of most acknowledged elemental territories. Access to [b]The[/b] Deep can be gained by traversing the Leviathan Trench and following its southwestern exit.[/quote] "The" should not be capitalized (this goes for every later use of "The Deep" as well), and i'm thinking it should be "a span of abyssal ocean"? [quote]They formed an immediate bond with an isolated deep-sea subspecies of Maren who welcomed them into their schools with open arms.[/quote] is it "deepsea", "deep-sea" or "deep sea"? i'm not sure which one should be used, but all 3 are used so that's an inconsistency that should be fixed [quote]passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren [b]an[/b] dragon alike.[/quote] probably meant to be "and"?
Limanya wrote on 2022-03-02 10:37:03:
Limanya wrote on 2022-02-15 15:21:24:
Limanya wrote on 2021-10-27 06:58:42:
Armored Colony
Quote:
A symbiotic creature from whom the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.
not so much a typo as the description being grammatically dubious and difficult to parse. a possible fix:
Quote:
A symbiotic creature: the fungi benefit from being nurtured by different soil every evening, while the mammal benefits from a poisonous hide.
this is a fairly simple fix but there's probably a lot more that can done for clarity
Fungal Garden
Quote:
A carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help this creature to attract a mate, or it may gather them purely for its own enjoyment.
i don't think the fungi likes to gather mates...? similar grammatical issues, a possible fix would be:
Quote:
This creature's carefully cultivated assortment of fungi may help it attract a mate, though it is also known to gather mushrooms purely for its own enjoyment.

Vilevenom Kelpie
Quote:
It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename "Poisonparty Kelpie".
should be
Quote:
It's poisonous, not venomous. Petition to rename it to "Poisonparty Kelpie".

Ink Ant
Quote:
Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: Don't wear your finest.
should be
Quote:
Dispatching an ink ant is a messy proposition: don't wear your finest.

also a lot of issues with inconsistent capitalization in the lore stories, here's a few i could find
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=99
Quote:
Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding The First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.
should be
Quote:
Leifa solemnly accepted the small basket from the previous Nature ambassador, holding the First Seed with trembling claws. To her side, Yugona did the same for the Final Infection.
nearly all other instances of "the First Seed" also have "The" incorrectly capitalized, i won't be quoting them all here for length's sake but a ctrl+f will find them for you
Quote:
The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar- ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled.
should be
Quote:
The largest, an imposing Imperial, turned around, a wicked marrowmask sitting atop his long snout. "Ambassador, the Boneyard is dangerous at night. We've strict orders you're not to leave the quar ...the embassy unless the sun is out and you're accompanied," he growled.

Quote:
“Ambassador, The Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.
should be
Quote:
“Ambassador, the Boneyard is dangerous at night. I’ve told you this before,” Garote rumbled.

Quote:
Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night The Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.
should be
Quote:
Her interactions with Garote were a welcome respite from her nightmares, but she couldn’t avoid sleep forever. Each night the Behemoth cried out for her to heal it as the Viridian Labyrinth died around her.

Quote:
Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her The Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”
should be
Quote:
Her throat was parched. She was unbearably hot; no one had told her the Plaguelands would be so hot. “No. The Behemoth is fine, this is all a dream.”

Quote:
There! The emerald glow of The First Seed!
should be
Quote:
There! The emerald glow of the First Seed!

Quote:
Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place - The First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.
should be
Quote:
Her eyes shone with an emerald light; vines proliferated all along her flanks, originating from a single place the First Seed, now fused to the druid’s chest.

Quote:
“Almon, we must go to The Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive -but The Behemoth, the great tree...bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”
should be
Quote:
“Almon, we must go to the Behemoth. I’ve managed to stop the attack but I can’t contain this power for long. If I die, it will be unleashed upon the land and all who dwell here. I may not survive but the Behemoth, the great tree... bring us to the Behemoth, where this may be contained.”

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=107
Quote:
“Fall back! Fall back!” a gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“
should be
Quote:
“Fall back! Fall back!” a Gaoler cried, stumbling over his fallen comrades, his horns burning and his thick coat charred away. “Fall ba—“
(since it doesn't seem like this dragon is guarding any jails at the moment)
the rest of this story also has breed names incorrectly uncapitalized
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=105
on the encyclopedia Bounty of the Elements page, the Dormant Obelisk Statue is meant to link to the obelisk story but can't properly be clicked on
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=98
for length's sake i won't add all instances of this happening, but nearly all instances i could find of breed names are incorrectly uncapitalized
Quote:
Just below the writhing spiral, Flick let out a whoop, “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”
should be
Quote:
Just below the writhing Spiral, Flick let out a whoop: “SHOCK SWIIIIIITCH!”

Quote:
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here-”
should be
Quote:
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Look at Flick here

Quote:
Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments - ever.
should be
Quote:
Craklinne wasn’t one to give them compliments ever.

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=97
similar problem with uncapitalized breed names
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=96
again breed names are uncapitalized. more recent stories have breed names capitalized, hence why i consider this an error, but this is a problem that appears throughout many of the original Bounty of the Elements stories (though not all)
Quote:
Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Alter
should be
Quote:
Sullenly following his mother, Umbrann trudged down the path to the Thorndark Altar

https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=94
same problem with uncapitalized breed names
Quote:
“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back-”
should be
Quote:
“Aye, and terrifyin’,” he replied. “We should move back
the use of hyphens where there should be em dashes (—) is also a problem that occurs very frequently in a lot of these stories, so again i'd recommend a ctrl+f search to find them all since i don't want to make this post endlessly long and no doubt miss a lot anyway.
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=95
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=93
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=92
same issues as above - uncapitalized breed names, hyphens instead of em dashes. the word "beastclan" is also uncapitalized (whereas it was capitalized in the recent Warrior's Way story).
is named Glass Explosion; the original submission was named Glass Exposition. i have no way of knowing if this change was intentional so i thought i'd bring this up in case it was a mistake?
Hazel Harvest Celebration
Quote:
May contain the hazel bracelet, goblet, wreath, robe, sandals, tail twist, and vines. Will provide TWO random items.
"Hazel" is not capitalized in the description, unlike the other bundles where the color variants are capitalized.
all harvest bundles also do not have the item names capitalized; compare Warden's Spoils which does have capitalization for everything.
Courageous Warhorse
Quote:
Its name is "Courage: the courageous warhorse".
quotation marks seem unnecessary?
Abyss Vulture
Quote:
Abyss vultures scavenge carrion off the seabed. They are not picky eaters. Today you eat Abyss vulture, years from now Abyss vulture eats you...
either "Abyss" needs to be uncapitalized or "vulture" needs to be capitalized
Pale Smallmouth
Quote:
These fish are unable to tolerate water touched by plaguebringer's brood. Their presence is a good indication if the water is safe to drink.
"plaguebringer" needs to be capitalized
Dark Harvest Goblet
Quote:
A goblet of grape vineyards to celebrates a bountiful harvest!
same error across all recolors
"to celebrates" should be "that celebrates" or "to celebrate". "a goblet of grape vineyards" also doesn't make much sense; at the very least "grape" should go since 'vineyard' already implies grapes. but it also sounds like the goblets contain vineyards.
Copper Harvest Wreath
same error across all recolors
Quote:
A crown of grapes celebrate a bountiful harvest!
needs to be "celebrates" or to "celebrate"
Plasma Mask
Quote:
An ...attempt at protective wear.
should be
Quote:
An... attempt at protective wear.

Lovebirds Dried Tea
Quote:
Being able to offer a wide variety of fresh, delicious tea will help to make one valuable to a wide variety of palettes.
"palates", not "palettes"
Current Caller Raiment
Cinnabar Plaguebringer
at this point i have no idea if "flight" (as in "water flight", "plague flight") is meant to be capitalized - it isn't in the current caller raiment's description, but it is in the descriptions of all the deity statues. should be made consistent either way.

one of tomo's questions:
Quote:
Which of the following is a food item indigenous to The Southern Icefield?
also has incorrect capitalization on the word "the"

the new lore story has a couple of errors:

inconsistent breed name capitalization
Quote:
The mirror dragon and his spiral companion had been assigned by Warchief Morix
Quote:
The Spiral shot upright and into the air, her eyes wide with shock.

'patrol' needs to be uncapitalized
Quote:
This is an order from the Warchief himself, Scout Cariane: Patrol the Rim, report back anything suspicious.

nature needs to be capitalized
Quote:
“NononononoNO! That horrid nature seed didn’t get this far!”

missing a 'the'
Quote:
He caught Mirror with his body in mid-air.
the newest lore story (Echoes of the Deep) also has several errors:
Quote:
Echoes Of The Deep
the lore story's title in both the page header and the breadcrumb above it has 'of' and 'the' capitalized; this is inconsistent with both 1. other lore stories' titles and 2. the image that links to the story. the capitals should probably be removed from those words.
Quote:
Under the tides we ruled,
In Tidelord’s name...that omniscient fool!

missing a space
Quote:
Under the tides we turned
From him; the Tidelord we spurned.

Under the tides, we roamed.
On our own, seeking home…

the semicolon here seems somewhat out of place? and 'roamed' should not have a period following it, so as to be consistent with the similar enjambment (turned / from him) in the preceding stanza
Quote:
Excitement coursed through Gilly, from head to the tips of her tail fins.

although it's clear this is a play on "head to toe" the grammar seems off to me personally. it might be better to have "from her head" instead, so that it's not just one part that has an article inserted?
Quote:
As the two abyssal scouts tried to dive under the approaching warriors, more Maren appeared, driving them back up and surrounding them.

going by earlier usage of the word in the story, "abyssal" might need to be capitalized especially since this part is contrasting two distinct types of maren
Quote:
Gilly’s eyes drank in the brightly colored warriors, a sight she never thought she would encounter!

should maybe be "the sight of the brightly colored (...)" (removing the second "sight" in the sentence)
Quote:
Two of the other Shallows Maren behind them

earlier the name "Shallow Seas" is used, one or the other should change for consistency
Quote:
We are friends. Kin from The Deep.

'the' should not be capitalized
Quote:
Please tell the dragons, the Undertide are troubled. They wish to seek a reunion with their Kin. Tell the schools, we are no longer Lost.
Quote:
Tell the dragons, the Undertide must return!

commas should be removed
Quote:
Gilly and Nen had just arrived at the outer edge of The Deep

Quote:
Tsuna scoffed at Gilly’s botched scouting mission

missing something like "the report of"
Quote:
The two Maren quickly moved under the wings of the massive dragon, grabbing hold of the edge.

should be "their"
Quote:
and that is what many of their number thought of these modern dragons ultimately were.

either "of" needs to go, or "ultimately were" needs to be replaced with "as"
Quote:
There was no denying that the Undertide of The Deep changed the day

Quote:
sent to re-establish communication with the shallow seas

"shallow seas" should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas" to be consistent with earlier usage of the term
Quote:
breached the entrance to the Sea of A Thousand Currents.

'a' should not be capitalized, and the entire name should not be italicized
Quote:
The elders of the Abyssal Maren, weaponless and buoyed by their Undertide companions, broke off from their group and began to sing. First with their school’s ancient song before transitioning to songs of loss, eons in the depths, aiding leviathans that harbored a deep pain, and finding a new family.

"with" should maybe be removed?
Quote:
the schools of shallow seas Maren erupted in cries of joy and jubilation

again, 'shallow seas' should be capitalized as "Shallow Seas"
Quote:
she could feel the dragons behind them.The schools scattered,

missing a space

also:

Fossil Hunter Abyss Wanderer
Quote:
The deepsea Maren hunt relentlessly for fossils to bring to their found family far below the surface.
Quote:
Deep sea Maren wear enchanted fossils that allow them to traverse the upper reaches of the sea without the difference in pressure affecting them.

one of these has "deepsea" in their description and the other has "deep sea"; one should be changed to match the other

from the undertide encyclopedia page:
Quote:
The Undertide species originates from the The Deep: a span abyssal ocean outside of most acknowledged elemental territories. Access to The Deep can be gained by traversing the Leviathan Trench and following its southwestern exit.

"The" should not be capitalized (this goes for every later use of "The Deep" as well), and i'm thinking it should be "a span of abyssal ocean"?
Quote:
They formed an immediate bond with an isolated deep-sea subspecies of Maren who welcomed them into their schools with open arms.

is it "deepsea", "deep-sea" or "deep sea"? i'm not sure which one should be used, but all 3 are used so that's an inconsistency that should be fixed
Quote:
passages wide enough to allow passage of Maren an dragon alike.

probably meant to be "and"?
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Accent: Windsinger's Plumes

This accent has "Mistral Jamboree 2018" in the description,
when it's actually a 2019 one
Accent: Windsinger's Plumes

This accent has "Mistral Jamboree 2018" in the description,
when it's actually a 2019 one
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o