Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [SOLVED] Randomly flashing coliseum page
This happens only on the coliseum page, not any other FR page or other sites. I've noticed it more in the last few days, but has happened once before a couple of weeks ago. Various parts of the entire page "blink" in and out or flash random colors (usually bright green, but I've also seen bright blue and red). The duration of the changes is usually only a fraction of a second, but it happens with high frequency all across the page. It can be small things, like a brief flash of white on the edge of the page, or large things like a huge neon green triangle over the whole background. I have also seen parts of the page just stop existing mid-fight, like a dragon's name or an enemy's health bar, which tend to stay gone until I go back to the menu/reload the page. The flashing continues regardless of my combination of game settings or chosen control method (mouse/keyboard). It happens across the menu screen, stage selection, and fight screens that I've noticed for certain. I use Firefox, and I've tried opening the page in a private window without any addons enabled and it still happened. I also cleared my cache already. I'm going to try to attach some image examples below but this is my first forum post so we'll see if I can do it correctly: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1004321506165260299/1047974162599260201/image.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1004321506165260299/1047974162888663050/image.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1004321506165260299/1047975399914750053/image.png[/img] I think I'd rather look silly and risk overexplaining this than not know what's happening and keep dealing with it. I like playing the coliseum game a lot but this is giving me headaches. Thank you for any help!
This happens only on the coliseum page, not any other FR page or other sites. I've noticed it more in the last few days, but has happened once before a couple of weeks ago.

Various parts of the entire page "blink" in and out or flash random colors (usually bright green, but I've also seen bright blue and red). The duration of the changes is usually only a fraction of a second, but it happens with high frequency all across the page. It can be small things, like a brief flash of white on the edge of the page, or large things like a huge neon green triangle over the whole background.

I have also seen parts of the page just stop existing mid-fight, like a dragon's name or an enemy's health bar, which tend to stay gone until I go back to the menu/reload the page.

The flashing continues regardless of my combination of game settings or chosen control method (mouse/keyboard). It happens across the menu screen, stage selection, and fight screens that I've noticed for certain.

I use Firefox, and I've tried opening the page in a private window without any addons enabled and it still happened. I also cleared my cache already.

I'm going to try to attach some image examples below but this is my first forum post so we'll see if I can do it correctly:
image.png
image.png
image.png

I think I'd rather look silly and risk overexplaining this than not know what's happening and keep dealing with it. I like playing the coliseum game a lot but this is giving me headaches. Thank you for any help!
@spaceopera i have never seen anything like this, and i was not able to find any relevant info on google so these are just educated guesses, but this might be either something to do with your browser, or perhaps your graphics card. ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, and try reinstalling your browser if updating drivers do not help. also one thing worth of trying is whitelisting www1.flightrising.com and www.flightrising.com in your antivirus software
@spaceopera i have never seen anything like this, and i was not able to find any relevant info on google so these are just educated guesses, but this might be either something to do with your browser, or perhaps your graphics card. ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, and try reinstalling your browser if updating drivers do not help. also one thing worth of trying is whitelisting www1.flightrising.com and www.flightrising.com in your antivirus software
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark Thank you for the suggestions! At first, Windows said that everything was up to date, but after learning how to manually find and install updates the problem seems to have stopped. I had also not seen anything like this before and was having trouble finding information on Google, so I appreciate your help!
@Ralzakark Thank you for the suggestions! At first, Windows said that everything was up to date, but after learning how to manually find and install updates the problem seems to have stopped. I had also not seen anything like this before and was having trouble finding information on Google, so I appreciate your help!