Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Parent nesting bug
1 2 3 4
Today I have finally not encountered the bug on mobile while attempting to open a nest. Previews were flawless no matter how fast I would switch parents. Let's hope this lasts and is also the case for other users who have had the same issue before.
Today I have finally not encountered the bug on mobile while attempting to open a nest. Previews were flawless no matter how fast I would switch parents. Let's hope this lasts and is also the case for other users who have had the same issue before.
I first encountered this 4 days ago and decided to check again and it unfortunately happened again

Screenshot_20220226-1005562.png

Edit: It seems to be working now
I first encountered this 4 days ago and decided to check again and it unfortunately happened again

Screenshot_20220226-1005562.png

Edit: It seems to be working now
Untitled666_20221113193702.png
Mine has been fine ever since I first posted that mine seemed fixed
Mine has been fine ever since I first posted that mine seemed fixed
Auction_copy.jpg
Back at it again... [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/938827657917906946/947951271497830431/IMG_20220228_211929.jpg[/img]
Back at it again...
IMG_20220228_211929.jpg
I also had issues with it again today. It didn't stop me from putting dragons in, but the photos couldn't keep up with what I was doing and wouldn't change until the other parent was changed. I'm thinking it's based on site lag compounded with mobile lag, but I'm not really sure either. The last few days is been perfect though
I also had issues with it again today. It didn't stop me from putting dragons in, but the photos couldn't keep up with what I was doing and wouldn't change until the other parent was changed. I'm thinking it's based on site lag compounded with mobile lag, but I'm not really sure either. The last few days is been perfect though
Auction_copy.jpg
I managed to open my nests too after refreshing and trying again enough times, though I had to avoid previewing hatchlings or switching parents too fast. It does seem lag related but I have no idea why it has become a problem now instead of when a big site update released as is often seen because of the old code/new code issues. I hope the staff will start looking into if it keeps going for another month. It drastically takes away quality of life.
I managed to open my nests too after refreshing and trying again enough times, though I had to avoid previewing hatchlings or switching parents too fast. It does seem lag related but I have no idea why it has become a problem now instead of when a big site update released as is often seen because of the old code/new code issues. I hope the staff will start looking into if it keeps going for another month. It drastically takes away quality of life.
Hello all,

We are investigating the possibility that this issue is related to the other site lag detailed here. It may be that this bug has existed for a very long time but only occurs under very specific circumstances where randomly long load times cause a race condition between one side loading and the other side loading. If that is the case it may be something we can fix, so that even if the lag persists at least it will not interfere so severely with breeding dragons. Thanks and sorry for the frustration this has been causing!
Hello all,

We are investigating the possibility that this issue is related to the other site lag detailed here. It may be that this bug has existed for a very long time but only occurs under very specific circumstances where randomly long load times cause a race condition between one side loading and the other side loading. If that is the case it may be something we can fix, so that even if the lag persists at least it will not interfere so severely with breeding dragons. Thanks and sorry for the frustration this has been causing!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
As an update, we have deployed a fix that may alleviate the issue somewhat. We have not reproduced the exact situation as the reports in this thread, but we have a theory as to why it might occur, so we are trying a simple, relatively low risk fix first.
As an update, we have deployed a fix that may alleviate the issue somewhat. We have not reproduced the exact situation as the reports in this thread, but we have a theory as to why it might occur, so we are trying a simple, relatively low risk fix first.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@/Mutron Thank you for the tentative fix! I filled my nests before you made those posts and I didn't have issues today, but I will definitely post again if it shows up in the future. We appreciate all your hard work [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Edit: I'm going to try and fill my nests during the packet loss time window tomorrow and see what happens
@/Mutron
Thank you for the tentative fix! I filled my nests before you made those posts and I didn't have issues today, but I will definitely post again if it shows up in the future. We appreciate all your hard work

Edit: I'm going to try and fill my nests during the packet loss time window tomorrow and see what happens
Auction_copy.jpg
I just put a nest in and was messing with it for about 20 minutes. Everything was flawless, the increased population due to the new breed (6k online compared to 3k) and the packet loss window didn't seem to have any effect for me today.
I just put a nest in and was messing with it for about 20 minutes. Everything was flawless, the increased population due to the new breed (6k online compared to 3k) and the packet loss window didn't seem to have any effect for me today.
Auction_copy.jpg
1 2 3 4