Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Pharaoh and Sarcophagus Error Reports
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The shadows aren't missing on certain colors, but they don't necessarily show up well, which I think we'll work on with the second pass that cleans up pixel bleeds.

Basically white as a color is shaded with a very light tone. While midtones and dark tones receive progressively stronger shadows. So the white color has hardly any shadows show up on the dark areas because the tone just isn't strong enough.

Pass 2 with these genes will aim to eliminate the pixel halos, and separate the shadows used on the colors from the ones used on the darker parts.
The shadows aren't missing on certain colors, but they don't necessarily show up well, which I think we'll work on with the second pass that cleans up pixel bleeds.

Basically white as a color is shaded with a very light tone. While midtones and dark tones receive progressively stronger shadows. So the white color has hardly any shadows show up on the dark areas because the tone just isn't strong enough.

Pass 2 with these genes will aim to eliminate the pixel halos, and separate the shadows used on the colors from the ones used on the darker parts.
Female Snappers don't have coloured eyebags, while males and hatchlings do. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=352f488505417362645db865befca30c121e8dac&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5bae4409466e2b6b67b64f368f0c8b0ab3a5af04&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=511a045c647b1f0904c7f31acf57930177a2edda&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [rule] Tundras have distinct eyesockets in many genes, but not all. Are Pharoah's lack of sockets intentional?
Female Snappers don't have coloured eyebags, while males and hatchlings do.
dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=352f488505417362645db865befca30c121e8dac&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5bae4409466e2b6b67b64f368f0c8b0ab3a5af04&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=511a045c647b1f0904c7f31acf57930177a2edda&dummyext=prev.png

Tundras have distinct eyesockets in many genes, but not all. Are Pharoah's lack of sockets intentional?
[quote name="FungusArchitect" date="2022-01-19 12:44:36" ] Female Snappers don't have coloured eyebags, while males and hatchlings do. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=352f488505417362645db865befca30c121e8dac&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5bae4409466e2b6b67b64f368f0c8b0ab3a5af04&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=511a045c647b1f0904c7f31acf57930177a2edda&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [rule] Tundras have distinct eyesockets in many genes, but not all. Are Pharoah's lack of sockets intentional? [/quote] The snappers will be brought in line with eachother with the pass that fixes the pixel halos and gives the blacks their own shadow layer. If all the tundras are like that, it was likely artistic choice, but I'll take a look. Thanks for the reports everyone.
FungusArchitect wrote on 2022-01-19 12:44:36:
Female Snappers don't have coloured eyebags, while males and hatchlings do.
dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=352f488505417362645db865befca30c121e8dac&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5bae4409466e2b6b67b64f368f0c8b0ab3a5af04&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=63&bodygene=87&breed=9&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=511a045c647b1f0904c7f31acf57930177a2edda&dummyext=prev.png

Tundras have distinct eyesockets in many genes, but not all. Are Pharoah's lack of sockets intentional?

The snappers will be brought in line with eachother with the pass that fixes the pixel halos and gives the blacks their own shadow layer.

If all the tundras are like that, it was likely artistic choice, but I'll take a look.

Thanks for the reports everyone.
Quote:
I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look.
This? Also why is this a thing when we can't even make skins and accents have it lol
Quote:
I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look.
This? Also why is this a thing when we can't even make skins and accents have it lol
[quote name="NatashaRomanov" date="2022-01-19 13:52:48" ] Quote: I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. This? Also why is this a thing when we can't even make skins and accents have it lol [/quote] Genes are not skins and accents. The rules for skins and accents remain the same to preserve the silhouette and shape of the dragon, which could be radically altered if blackouts were allowed. That said, a correction is going in (see above post on this same page) so that shadows do show up a bit better on the black. Ie: the shadow color used for white is too light to effectively darken black, so with our round of corrections going in we're splitting the shadows used across the black separate from those used on the colors so that you don't end up with flat dragons.
NatashaRomanov wrote on 2022-01-19 13:52:48:
Quote:

Genes are not skins and accents. The rules for skins and accents remain the same to preserve the silhouette and shape of the dragon, which could be radically altered if blackouts were allowed.

That said, a correction is going in (see above post on this same page) so that shadows do show up a bit better on the black. Ie: the shadow color used for white is too light to effectively darken black, so with our round of corrections going in we're splitting the shadows used across the black separate from those used on the colors so that you don't end up with flat dragons.
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-01-19 15:49:08" ] [quote name="NatashaRomanov" date="2022-01-19 13:52:48" ] Quote: I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. This? Also why is this a thing when we can't even make skins and accents have it lol [/quote] Genes are not skins and accents. The rules for skins and accents remain the same to preserve the silhouette and shape of the dragon, which could be radically altered if blackouts were allowed. That said, a correction is going in (see above post on this same page) so that shadows do show up a bit better on the black. Ie: the shadow color used for white is too light to effectively darken black, so with our round of corrections going in we're splitting the shadows used across the black separate from those used on the colors so that you don't end up with flat dragons. [/quote] I thought the too dark thing was why butterfly was changed?
Undel wrote on 2022-01-19 15:49:08:
NatashaRomanov wrote on 2022-01-19 13:52:48:
Quote:

Genes are not skins and accents. The rules for skins and accents remain the same to preserve the silhouette and shape of the dragon, which could be radically altered if blackouts were allowed.

That said, a correction is going in (see above post on this same page) so that shadows do show up a bit better on the black. Ie: the shadow color used for white is too light to effectively darken black, so with our round of corrections going in we're splitting the shadows used across the black separate from those used on the colors so that you don't end up with flat dragons.
I thought the too dark thing was why butterfly was changed?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I think Pharaoh needs to be lightened enough to show dimension, but not so much that it wrecks the look. I think obsidian Falcon/Peregrine, particularly on the wings, is a great example of what to do. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=16&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=10&auth=b12fe407a689ffee5311507804a32f00be66fa38&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Also, am I crazy or is there pixel bleed on baby Obelisk horns for Pharaoh? [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/852650105110396951/933551084310515752/Screen_Shot_2022-01-19_at_9.37.20_PM.png[/img]
I think Pharaoh needs to be lightened enough to show dimension, but not so much that it wrecks the look.
I think obsidian Falcon/Peregrine, particularly on the wings, is a great example of what to do.
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=16&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=10&auth=b12fe407a689ffee5311507804a32f00be66fa38&dummyext=prev.png

Also, am I crazy or is there pixel bleed on baby Obelisk horns for Pharaoh?

Screen_Shot_2022-01-19_at_9.37.20_PM.png
34822.png
Call me Nova!
He/They/It
FR +2
577.png
21402.png
A second pass has been uploaded for Pharaoh. The pixel bleed and missing snapper eye should be addressed, and the black shadows are now separate from the color shadows, which should provide a touch more contrast. The black is still intended to be very dark.

Sarcophagus still needs updating, so the bleeds and shadows will still be the same on them for now.
A second pass has been uploaded for Pharaoh. The pixel bleed and missing snapper eye should be addressed, and the black shadows are now separate from the color shadows, which should provide a touch more contrast. The black is still intended to be very dark.

Sarcophagus still needs updating, so the bleeds and shadows will still be the same on them for now.
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-01-19 21:29:51" ] A second pass has been uploaded for Pharaoh. The pixel bleed and missing snapper eye should be addressed, and the black shadows are now separate from the color shadows, which should provide a touch more contrast. The black is still intended to be very dark. [/quote] Big improvement - still gives the same visual effect but now the lineart is at least SLIGHTLY visible even on my bad monitor lol. (Looks good on my higher contrast/better display quality phone screen also!) TY Undel.
Undel wrote on 2022-01-19 21:29:51:
Big improvement - still gives the same visual effect but now the lineart is at least SLIGHTLY visible even on my bad monitor lol. (Looks good on my higher contrast/better display quality phone screen also!) TY Undel.
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
@seradis just letting you know for future reference, in case you don't know how the images are generated, I'm assuming you don't know the exact way since Ghost was your concern. Primary, Secondary and Tertiary genes all exist on their own, individual plains of existence, basically (or to speak normally, layers.) The image of a primary gene will never affect the image of a tertiary gene, neither will the image of a secondary gene, etc. Those are completely separate images on their own layers. The Staff do not generate every single gene + colour combination, that is all done automatically by the system. Each gene exists as a splatter of colour, sometimes very uneven and in some areas transparent, tied to very specific areas of the dragon. For example, the old scrying system before revamp was actually open to slight editing simply by editing the URL. If you put the colour of the secondary as "0" in the URL, it would turn up like something like this: [img]https://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=0&style=11&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=0&tert=1&elem=7&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] [img]https://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=0&style=12&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=0&tert=28&elem=7&tertgene=1&spec=prev.png[/img] So yeah, each gene is on a separate layer which means, regardless of the release, a gene will never affect the other's quality.
@seradis just letting you know for future reference, in case you don't know how the images are generated, I'm assuming you don't know the exact way since Ghost was your concern.

Primary, Secondary and Tertiary genes all exist on their own, individual plains of existence, basically (or to speak normally, layers.) The image of a primary gene will never affect the image of a tertiary gene, neither will the image of a secondary gene, etc. Those are completely separate images on their own layers. The Staff do not generate every single gene + colour combination, that is all done automatically by the system. Each gene exists as a splatter of colour, sometimes very uneven and in some areas transparent, tied to very specific areas of the dragon. For example, the old scrying system before revamp was actually open to slight editing simply by editing the URL. If you put the colour of the secondary as "0" in the URL, it would turn up like something like this:

dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=0&style=11&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=0&tert=1&elem=7&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png
dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=0&style=12&gender=1&ages=1&prig=5&secg=0&tert=28&elem=7&tertgene=1&spec=prev.png

So yeah, each gene is on a separate layer which means, regardless of the release, a gene will never affect the other's quality.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7