Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Pharaoh and Sarcophagus Error Reports
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Ashenhartkrie" date="2022-01-18 20:54:55" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-01-18 16:27:34" ] I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. [/quote] I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas. [/quote] Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q896yrV.png[/img]
Ashenhartkrie wrote on 2022-01-18 20:54:55:
vihuff wrote on 2022-01-18 16:27:34:
I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look.

I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas.

Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us:

Q896yrV.png
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 04:39:00" ] [quote name="Ashenhartkrie" date="2022-01-18 20:54:55" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-01-18 16:27:34" ] I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. [/quote] I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas. [/quote] Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q896yrV.png[/img] [/quote] Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches.
RedWillia wrote on 2022-01-19 04:39:00:
I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look.

I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas.

Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us:

Q896yrV.png
Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches.
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
[quote name="Falorni" date="2022-01-19 04:57:28" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 04:39:00" ] [quote name="Ashenhartkrie" date="2022-01-18 20:54:55" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-01-18 16:27:34" ] I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. [/quote] I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas. [/quote] Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q896yrV.png[/img] [/quote] Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches. [/quote] If I'm allowed another example, Coatl Female chest fluff has also mostly lost definition as I only see the feather details if I squint (comparison White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic). If I compare with another Obsidian gene, for example, Cherub there are bits of lost definition but in general the details are clear; other colors are not affected. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8wM8MAK.png[/img]
Falorni wrote on 2022-01-19 04:57:28:

Q896yrV.png
Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches.

If I'm allowed another example, Coatl Female chest fluff has also mostly lost definition as I only see the feather details if I squint (comparison White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic). If I compare with another Obsidian gene, for example, Cherub there are bits of lost definition but in general the details are clear; other colors are not affected.

8wM8MAK.png
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 06:07:37" ] [quote name="Falorni" date="2022-01-19 04:57:28" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 04:39:00" ] [quote name="Ashenhartkrie" date="2022-01-18 20:54:55" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-01-18 16:27:34" ] I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. [/quote] I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas. [/quote] Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q896yrV.png[/img] [/quote] Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches. [/quote] If I'm allowed another example, Coatl Female chest fluff has also mostly lost definition as I only see the feather details if I squint (comparison White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic). If I compare with another Obsidian gene, for example, Cherub there are bits of lost definition but in general the details are clear; other colors are not affected. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8wM8MAK.png[/img] [/quote] 6-thing this, lol. The other thing is, maybe dragons wouldn't look so dark against a dark background, but because most dragons don't have scenes, the contrast between the white background and the black parts of the dragons makes it SO hard to see. I'm starting to ignore new gene announcements because I feel they get released way too early. EDIT: I'm overall advocating that the black is lightened so it is consistent with UMA requirements. The genes are also not compatible with screens of different kinds. I'd also like to add the skin is not accessible for users with vision issues. I want to like this, but it's just barely visible. It's almost like this is a fodder gene or one you put on a dragon so you can cover it with apparel. But it's a gems gene and that's just... sad.
RedWillia wrote on 2022-01-19 06:07:37:

Q896yrV.png

If I'm allowed another example, Coatl Female chest fluff has also mostly lost definition as I only see the feather details if I squint (comparison White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic). If I compare with another Obsidian gene, for example, Cherub there are bits of lost definition but in general the details are clear; other colors are not affected.

8wM8MAK.png

6-thing this, lol.
The other thing is, maybe dragons wouldn't look so dark against a dark background, but because most dragons don't have scenes, the contrast between the white background and the black parts of the dragons makes it SO hard to see.

I'm starting to ignore new gene announcements because I feel they get released way too early.

EDIT: I'm overall advocating that the black is lightened so it is consistent with UMA requirements. The genes are also not compatible with screens of different kinds. I'd also like to add the skin is not accessible for users with vision issues.

I want to like this, but it's just barely visible. It's almost like this is a fodder gene or one you put on a dragon so you can cover it with apparel. But it's a gems gene and that's just... sad.
bxRP57q.png
LINK IS A WIP
[quote name="Pagen" date="2022-01-19 06:35:08" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 06:07:37" ] [quote name="Falorni" date="2022-01-19 04:57:28" ] [quote name="RedWillia" date="2022-01-19 04:39:00" ] [quote name="Ashenhartkrie" date="2022-01-18 20:54:55" ] [quote name="vihuff" date="2022-01-18 16:27:34" ] I think these genes are wonderful honestly but I do have a question. I understand that dark black was intentional for these genes but is anything going to be done about the fact that many are so dark that you can't see line art or shadows? I'm only curious because the dragons can be hard to distinguish and while the gene may be intended to be dark, I don't think it should be so dark you can't really see the dragon. I'm not sure that was your intention when creating the genes or the desired look. [/quote] I agree, I really like how it looks but when areas of the gene are almost #0000 its way too hard to discern the dragon in those areas and it looks wrong. While allegedly that was the intention, it's very jarring to be unable to see lineart or shadows on those areas. [/quote] Thirding this - my laptop's screen resolution is, how shall I put it, not very good, and due to winter most of the time "nighttime" color management is on. So for most breeds the lineart and shadows are just gone for me which creates a very weird feeling of parts of the dragon being a flat color. Mirror males, for example (White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic), in my view have a flat back and wing-wrist closer to us: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q896yrV.png[/img] [/quote] Fourthing (??) this - even if I turn my blue light filter off it's basically impossible to distinguish the outlines from the black parts in that Mirror :/ I love the gene and I love the effect overall but it would be nice to have it lightened just a couple notches. [/quote] If I'm allowed another example, Coatl Female chest fluff has also mostly lost definition as I only see the feather details if I squint (comparison White Pharaoh vs Obsidian Basic). If I compare with another Obsidian gene, for example, Cherub there are bits of lost definition but in general the details are clear; other colors are not affected. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8wM8MAK.png[/img] [/quote] 6-thing this, lol. The other thing is, maybe dragons wouldn't look so dark against a dark background, but because most dragons don't have scenes, the contrast between the white background and the black parts of the dragons makes it SO hard to see. I'm starting to ignore new gene announcements because I feel they get released way too early. EDIT: I'm overall advocating that the black is lightened so it is consistent with UMA requirements. The genes are also not compatible with screens of different kinds. I'd also like to add the skin is not accessible for users with vision issues. I want to like this, but it's just barely visible. It's almost like this is a fodder gene or one you put on a dragon so you can cover it with apparel. But it's a gems gene and that's just... sad. [/quote] 7thing all this, except for the thought that it shouldn't be a gem gene. I enjoy it, but there's serious accessibility problems here- my vision's fine, but I'm having trouble making out most of the dragons and colors that exhibit this gene, so I can only imagine how difficult it might be for people with other screens or vision impairments of various types. The UMA thing, too- calling it now, there's going to be at [i]least[/i] some minor debacle with UMA artists trying to use the dark colors from these genes and getting rejected... T_T
Pagen wrote on 2022-01-19 06:35:08:
RedWillia wrote on 2022-01-19 06:07:37:

Q896yrV.png

8wM8MAK.png

6-thing this, lol.
The other thing is, maybe dragons wouldn't look so dark against a dark background, but because most dragons don't have scenes, the contrast between the white background and the black parts of the dragons makes it SO hard to see.

I'm starting to ignore new gene announcements because I feel they get released way too early.

EDIT: I'm overall advocating that the black is lightened so it is consistent with UMA requirements. The genes are also not compatible with screens of different kinds. I'd also like to add the skin is not accessible for users with vision issues.

I want to like this, but it's just barely visible. It's almost like this is a fodder gene or one you put on a dragon so you can cover it with apparel. But it's a gems gene and that's just... sad.

7thing all this, except for the thought that it shouldn't be a gem gene. I enjoy it, but there's serious accessibility problems here- my vision's fine, but I'm having trouble making out most of the dragons and colors that exhibit this gene, so I can only imagine how difficult it might be for people with other screens or vision impairments of various types.

The UMA thing, too- calling it now, there's going to be at least some minor debacle with UMA artists trying to use the dark colors from these genes and getting rejected... T_T
DRAGON HOODIE YCH ART // these DRAGONS FOR SALE are EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME (OLDIES, RESCUES, HATCHES) // BUYING 13TH HATCHES

-i don't resell my permas, 99% chance if i'm selling a dragon and it wasn't a hatchling from one of my pairs, i saved it off the first page of fodder row
-wishlist
The UMA thing is silly, imo, as Undel states, UMAs are not genes. But, this gene IS too dark to be comfortable on the eyes. It would be nice if it could be toned down just a little, even if it was intended this way in the first place.
The UMA thing is silly, imo, as Undel states, UMAs are not genes. But, this gene IS too dark to be comfortable on the eyes. It would be nice if it could be toned down just a little, even if it was intended this way in the first place.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Not sure if this is an error or what, and I know coatl hindfeathers have been mentioned already, but are they really supposed to be that translucent? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=87&wings=170&auth=f6705799be59ff9c422ae2af54586b7662ad2dd3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] because you cant see pharaoh poke through on other secondary genes like you can in phara/sarco [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=10&wings=170&auth=f6aced9e974c6b3f88866f16ddb61af7e6448cef&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=87&wings=170&auth=37a4ea2ac13bb22398bede0676bce254d2473e7c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] and it doesnt seem to me that sarco is supposed to be a translucent gene a la bee otherwise we'd see it poke through on f-pearlcatcher too, right? also the bits of the primary color at the wing joint dont seem to be shaded the same way as the rest of the body on f-coatl, and it seems that way for all colors on f-coatl, is that also intentional? and again, the layering on coatls looks...uncomfy. id get it if these werent genes designed to go together, but its seems like an odd thing to ignore that the primary/secondary patterns dont line up? especially since other breeds dont seem to have this issue?
Not sure if this is an error or what, and I know coatl hindfeathers have been mentioned already, but are they really supposed to be that translucent?

dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=87&wings=170&auth=f6705799be59ff9c422ae2af54586b7662ad2dd3&dummyext=prev.png

because you cant see pharaoh poke through on other secondary genes like you can in phara/sarco

dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=10&wings=170&auth=f6aced9e974c6b3f88866f16ddb61af7e6448cef&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=87&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=109&tertgene=0&winggene=87&wings=170&auth=37a4ea2ac13bb22398bede0676bce254d2473e7c&dummyext=prev.png

and it doesnt seem to me that sarco is supposed to be a translucent gene a la bee otherwise we'd see it poke through on f-pearlcatcher too, right?

also the bits of the primary color at the wing joint dont seem to be shaded the same way as the rest of the body on f-coatl, and it seems that way for all colors on f-coatl, is that also intentional?

and again, the layering on coatls looks...uncomfy. id get it if these werent genes designed to go together, but its seems like an odd thing to ignore that the primary/secondary patterns dont line up? especially since other breeds dont seem to have this issue?
@OYL this seems normal to me, its not about translucency, its just the fact that in several dragon poses the primary or secondary gene is "continued" on each other's areas (see hypnotic pattern on skydancer wing arms and fae head fins when the dragon has vipera), in this case the primary gene's pattern is continued on the area that is actually part of the secondary gene
@OYL this seems normal to me, its not about translucency, its just the fact that in several dragon poses the primary or secondary gene is "continued" on each other's areas (see hypnotic pattern on skydancer wing arms and fae head fins when the dragon has vipera), in this case the primary gene's pattern is continued on the area that is actually part of the secondary gene
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark
i see what you mean... i guess it just seems more obvious/intrusive to me on sarco so i thought it was an error
@Ralzakark
i see what you mean... i guess it just seems more obvious/intrusive to me on sarco so i thought it was an error
If you don't like how the gene looks you should probably go to the Suggestions forum, not the Bug Report thread. It being "too dark" isn't a bug (as stated by Undel more than once), it's a preference.

I do not have anything to report so I will not be commenting further in this thread. Apologies and I understand if my reply is out of line.
If you don't like how the gene looks you should probably go to the Suggestions forum, not the Bug Report thread. It being "too dark" isn't a bug (as stated by Undel more than once), it's a preference.

I do not have anything to report so I will not be commenting further in this thread. Apologies and I understand if my reply is out of line.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!