Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | My Mire art never updated
The background for my Mire has not updated. I am including a screen shot. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/786989263710584895/901668050758164540/Screenshot_2021-10-23_2158402.jpg[/img]
The background for my Mire has not updated. I am including a screen shot.

Screenshot_2021-10-23_2158402.jpg
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
@BlackOpalNebula
Please try clearing your cache and logging out and back in!
@BlackOpalNebula
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-10-23 20:24:58" ] @BlackOpalNebula Please try clearing your cache and logging out and back in! [/quote] I did that yesterday and this morning. I'm not doing it right now, unless you can tell me what changed between the times I did yesterday, this morning, and now, that would make that difference. Mine never had the updated art. I worked tech support for 10 yrs until this recent career change. I understand how to clear cache, and I even closed the browser after I did, and rebooted the pc. It's still the old art.
Naeryl wrote on 2021-10-23 20:24:58:
@BlackOpalNebula
I did that yesterday and this morning. I'm not doing it right now, unless you can tell me what changed between the times I did yesterday, this morning, and now, that would make that difference. Mine never had the updated art. I worked tech support for 10 yrs until this recent career change. I understand how to clear cache, and I even closed the browser after I did, and rebooted the pc. It's still the old art.
@BlackOpalNebula What changed? The time maybe. The cache updated on one version, let's say the day time art, and hasn't updated on the night art. Maybe not, but it takes seconds to clear the cache again, just please try it, probably spent more time refusing to try it [emoji=coatl sad size=2]
@BlackOpalNebula

What changed? The time maybe. The cache updated on one version, let's say the day time art, and hasn't updated on the night art.

Maybe not, but it takes seconds to clear the cache again, just please try it, probably spent more time refusing to try it
To explain - twice last night, and twice today (including at 7:30pm), I cleared all image cache on my browsers, closed all browsers, rebooted the pc. I used the advanced settings to do so. So, there was literally no cached image for the mire at all. The only way for it to be the old image would be for it to be a server side issue.

Now, seeing a lot of threads complaining, you are telling me that I have to have a cached version somehow from previously as the issue. That is impossible, as the images were fresh pulled this evening. Again, all images in cache have been purged multiple times.

So, now the new image is showing up. I did nothing. It means it had to have been server side, and someone corrected it.
To explain - twice last night, and twice today (including at 7:30pm), I cleared all image cache on my browsers, closed all browsers, rebooted the pc. I used the advanced settings to do so. So, there was literally no cached image for the mire at all. The only way for it to be the old image would be for it to be a server side issue.

Now, seeing a lot of threads complaining, you are telling me that I have to have a cached version somehow from previously as the issue. That is impossible, as the images were fresh pulled this evening. Again, all images in cache have been purged multiple times.

So, now the new image is showing up. I did nothing. It means it had to have been server side, and someone corrected it.
[quote name="BlackOpalNebula" date="2021-10-23 21:31:34" ] So, now the new image is showing up. I did nothing. It means it had to have been server side, and someone corrected it. [/quote] It's probably something to do with your browser (or extensions) still - they're a bit black magic. If it had been server-side, everyone would have been seeing it since everyone's retrieving the same image. Caches etc often have time limits on them, after which they'll automatically renew.
BlackOpalNebula wrote on 2021-10-23 21:31:34:

It's probably something to do with your browser (or extensions) still - they're a bit black magic. If it had been server-side, everyone would have been seeing it since everyone's retrieving the same image. Caches etc often have time limits on them, after which they'll automatically renew.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png