Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | SQL error when refreshing page
so i just accepted a bunch of dragons from someone for hibden boarding. there were more dragons than i had main lair space for so i would take 9 at a time, send them to the hibden from the lair edit page, take the next 9, refresh the lair edit page so those 9 show up, and send those to the hibden. rinse and repeat. i've done this many times before with no issue whatsoever, but upon refreshing my lair's edit page at one point i got redirected to an error page.

per the error page's request, this was the information given to me:

page: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/edit/199132

error: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (SQL: update `dragons` set `alphaid`= 101003017 where `id` = 73009422) in /Connection.php Line 631
so i just accepted a bunch of dragons from someone for hibden boarding. there were more dragons than i had main lair space for so i would take 9 at a time, send them to the hibden from the lair edit page, take the next 9, refresh the lair edit page so those 9 show up, and send those to the hibden. rinse and repeat. i've done this many times before with no issue whatsoever, but upon refreshing my lair's edit page at one point i got redirected to an error page.

per the error page's request, this was the information given to me:

page: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/edit/199132

error: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction (SQL: update `dragons` set `alphaid`= 101003017 where `id` = 73009422) in /Connection.php Line 631
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
@Kuroikumo [quote]A deadlock occurs when 2 processes are competing for exclusive access to a resource but is unable to obtain exclusive access to it because the other process is preventing it. This results in a standoff where neither process can proceed. The only way out of a deadlock is for one of the processes to be terminated. SQL Server automatically detects when deadlocks have occurred and takes action by killing one of the processes known as the victim.[/quote] [url=https://www.sqlshack.com/what-is-a-sql-server-deadlock/]Source[/url] Basically, you and someone else was doing something similar and ended up accidentally locking you out. It's nothing you should worry about!
@Kuroikumo
Quote:
A deadlock occurs when 2 processes are competing for exclusive access to a resource but is unable to obtain exclusive access to it because the other process is preventing it. This results in a standoff where neither process can proceed. The only way out of a deadlock is for one of the processes to be terminated. SQL Server automatically detects when deadlocks have occurred and takes action by killing one of the processes known as the victim.
Source

Basically, you and someone else was doing something similar and ended up accidentally locking you out. It's nothing you should worry about!
fo11Vhp.png
huh. shows how much i actually know about SQL; i didn't think me refreshing a page could possibly interfere with another user's action. [quote]SQL Server automatically detects when deadlocks have occurred and takes action by killing one of the processes known as the victim.[/quote] this is such a hardcore way to word it jhbgjh
huh. shows how much i actually know about SQL; i didn't think me refreshing a page could possibly interfere with another user's action.
Quote:
SQL Server automatically detects when deadlocks have occurred and takes action by killing one of the processes known as the victim.

this is such a hardcore way to word it jhbgjh
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png