Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Blurry Images After 4/14 Downtime?
1 2 3 4 5
Not sure if something happened during the downtime to cause this or not, but everything was fine yesterday and that's the only thing I know of that's happened since then so it seems the most likely cause. Now today, when I go to melt down an item at Baldwin's, the images of the items to melt are so blurry it hurts my eyes after a minute. The rest of the site looks fine, but every single tab in Baldwin's 'choose what to melt' box looks like every icon has a nasty blur affect applied. Items that are almost all one color are almost invisible, it's so bad (e.g. nebula floaters) The rest of the site seems fine. The icons look fine in my hoard screen. Example of Baldwin issue: [img]https://i.imgur.com/AC0lb8R.png[/img] Windows laptop, using latest Chrome, yes I cleared cache and closed/reopened several times. Computer has been rebooted. Now that I think on it, Chrome updated today too. So if it wasn't FR's downtime update, maybe Chrome pulled (yet *another*) stupid...... Though I haven't (so far) seen this issue on any other site. Ooop, the 'changing the familiar on a dragon' selection screen is horrible too: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Na2J68m.png[/img] So perhaps it's everything that shows 'slightly smaller' icons? Hm... Yeah, the small icons in the dragon's apparel box are also affected... I think. Hard to tell when they were already so small. [img]https://i.imgur.com/KN7F1Qy.png[/img] But the images inside the 'dressing up a dragon' screen are definitely awful (the skins tab too) [img]https://i.imgur.com/uOqEzC1.png[/img] *edit to add* The smaller avatar pics in the Site Status box on the home page are also affected. The icons of items for sale on the AH are fine.
Not sure if something happened during the downtime to cause this or not, but everything was fine yesterday and that's the only thing I know of that's happened since then so it seems the most likely cause.

Now today, when I go to melt down an item at Baldwin's, the images of the items to melt are so blurry it hurts my eyes after a minute. The rest of the site looks fine, but every single tab in Baldwin's 'choose what to melt' box looks like every icon has a nasty blur affect applied. Items that are almost all one color are almost invisible, it's so bad (e.g. nebula floaters)

The rest of the site seems fine. The icons look fine in my hoard screen.

Example of Baldwin issue:
AC0lb8R.png

Windows laptop, using latest Chrome, yes I cleared cache and closed/reopened several times. Computer has been rebooted. Now that I think on it, Chrome updated today too. So if it wasn't FR's downtime update, maybe Chrome pulled (yet *another*) stupid...... Though I haven't (so far) seen this issue on any other site.

Ooop, the 'changing the familiar on a dragon' selection screen is horrible too:
Na2J68m.png

So perhaps it's everything that shows 'slightly smaller' icons? Hm...
Yeah, the small icons in the dragon's apparel box are also affected... I think. Hard to tell when they were already so small.
KN7F1Qy.png
But the images inside the 'dressing up a dragon' screen are definitely awful (the skins tab too)
uOqEzC1.png

*edit to add* The smaller avatar pics in the Site Status box on the home page are also affected.

The icons of items for sale on the AH are fine.
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
@BlueTrillium i am not seeing this on opera gx, so it might be a chrome thing. you can try another browser to see if its any different over there
@BlueTrillium i am not seeing this on opera gx, so it might be a chrome thing. you can try another browser to see if its any different over there
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Unfortunately that's not really an option for me for various reasons :/ Though I may yet accept the penalty if it gets worse...

Searching around (in case it *is* Chrome's issue), it appears to be some kinda CSS setting on the images possibly but I don't know how to change/fix that as an end-user of the site...
Unfortunately that's not really an option for me for various reasons :/ Though I may yet accept the penalty if it gets worse...

Searching around (in case it *is* Chrome's issue), it appears to be some kinda CSS setting on the images possibly but I don't know how to change/fix that as an end-user of the site...
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
@BlueTrillium I'm on the latest version of Chrome and they're not blurry at all - this is almost certainly something on your end. What does it look like in Chrome incognito mode? Extensions can do some really weird stuff on sites they're not supposed to interact with. [img]https://i.imgur.com/wQSEhp9.png[/img]
@BlueTrillium
I'm on the latest version of Chrome and they're not blurry at all - this is almost certainly something on your end. What does it look like in Chrome incognito mode? Extensions can do some really weird stuff on sites they're not supposed to interact with.

wQSEhp9.png
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I'm also having this issue, it seems to be every instance of the smaller item images. I'm also on chrome.
I'm also having this issue, it seems to be every instance of the smaller item images. I'm also on chrome.
@Gannayev
What does it look like in an incognito tab?
@Gannayev
What does it look like in an incognito tab?
@Vendrus
No difference.
@Vendrus
No difference.
@Gannayev
Dang - did you also try clearing your cache?
If it was a site/general browser issue everyone on latest chrome would be seeing it, so it shouldn't be that.
@Gannayev
Dang - did you also try clearing your cache?
If it was a site/general browser issue everyone on latest chrome would be seeing it, so it shouldn't be that.
@Vendrus
I just tried clearing the cache and that didn't work either.
@Vendrus
I just tried clearing the cache and that didn't work either.
@Vendrus - I am also in incognito mode, and I have cleared cache as well as rebooted inbetween now and yesterday, and I am still seeing it.

Just adding this in case it's useful -- my Chrome version (it says it is up-to-date, and it updated Tuesday)

Version 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

R.e. addons, I have Adblock Plus... can't think of anything else I've installed, though if I look in 'Extensions' I have the usual Google stuff like slides (turned off), sheets, and docs. My antivirus might plug into it somehow but that hasn't updated since at least a day or two before this happened.
@Vendrus - I am also in incognito mode, and I have cleared cache as well as rebooted inbetween now and yesterday, and I am still seeing it.

Just adding this in case it's useful -- my Chrome version (it says it is up-to-date, and it updated Tuesday)

Version 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

R.e. addons, I have Adblock Plus... can't think of anything else I've installed, though if I look in 'Extensions' I have the usual Google stuff like slides (turned off), sheets, and docs. My antivirus might plug into it somehow but that hasn't updated since at least a day or two before this happened.
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
1 2 3 4 5