Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | waystone popup problem
So this only started happening recently, but with the waystone enabled i was unable to click some things on pages that were right next to it on desktop (the bottom right of the screen), including clicking on links and visualizing tool tips, even when the which waystone dialogue bubble wasn't up. I then disabled the waystone, hoping that would resolve it, however it keeps acting like when I move my mouse over it (or parts of the bottom right of the screen) that the waystone is still there and interrupting my clicking on parts of the screen.

Its hard to prove of course, because screenshots can't capture the places I can't manage to click on, but it does seem to be fairly consistent.

I'm using google chrome on a laptop with windows 10.
So this only started happening recently, but with the waystone enabled i was unable to click some things on pages that were right next to it on desktop (the bottom right of the screen), including clicking on links and visualizing tool tips, even when the which waystone dialogue bubble wasn't up. I then disabled the waystone, hoping that would resolve it, however it keeps acting like when I move my mouse over it (or parts of the bottom right of the screen) that the waystone is still there and interrupting my clicking on parts of the screen.

Its hard to prove of course, because screenshots can't capture the places I can't manage to click on, but it does seem to be fairly consistent.

I'm using google chrome on a laptop with windows 10.
m5NMmDh.png
@Antimoany [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682759536121086017/803728622711472218/hoard.jpg[/img] Anything in this area triggers it. I know its from the waystone popup because it used to do the same thing with it on, where it would trigger the waystone way further in than it should, but its to the point that if i were to hover directly over the messenger scroll, the tool tip would flicker like there's something interrupting it, even without the waystone on. there is no problem with the magical shards, so i know its not just "the edge of the screen" its only the place where the waystone would be (also i am subscribed! but pings are totally fine)
@Antimoany

hoard.jpg

Anything in this area triggers it. I know its from the waystone popup because it used to do the same thing with it on, where it would trigger the waystone way further in than it should, but its to the point that if i were to hover directly over the messenger scroll, the tool tip would flicker like there's something interrupting it, even without the waystone on. there is no problem with the magical shards, so i know its not just "the edge of the screen" its only the place where the waystone would be

(also i am subscribed! but pings are totally fine)
m5NMmDh.png
@Antimoany that's how FR appears on my laptop! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682759536121086017/803732532679016498/screen.jpg[/img] This is it at 100% zoom on chrome, so regular size. the same orientation but with the waystone on [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682759536121086017/803733395308806164/waystone.jpg[/img] i have tried doing both. for the record, this was also a problem on my old laptop as well, but the thing was like 8 years old so i assumed it was a problem with that, as it had other screen issues, but this laptop is brand new.
@Antimoany

that's how FR appears on my laptop!

screen.jpg

This is it at 100% zoom on chrome, so regular size.

the same orientation but with the waystone on

waystone.jpg

i have tried doing both. for the record, this was also a problem on my old laptop as well, but the thing was like 8 years old so i assumed it was a problem with that, as it had other screen issues, but this laptop is brand new.
m5NMmDh.png
@Antimoany Sorry for the delay! I was out [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682759536121086017/803789694067408906/icon.jpg[/img] this is frustrating me because its not the icon thats the problem, its the way i'm interacting with the icon on the page thats messing up. but when i click inspect on the part thats messing up, it only shows it as the icon, not as anything else.
@Antimoany

Sorry for the delay! I was out

icon.jpg

this is frustrating me because its not the icon thats the problem, its the way i'm interacting with the icon on the page thats messing up. but when i click inspect on the part thats messing up, it only shows it as the icon, not as anything else.
m5NMmDh.png
@Antimoany

The tool tip flickers very fast when i hover over to click, but if its anywhere other than right over where the waystone should be its fine? And then I click and it does nothing until I guess I click at the right moment for it to open the hoard popup. Anything that hovers over it or could hover over it, regardless of the waystone being enabled or not, just goes flickery or unable to be clicked. So like an item that could have a tool tip go out over it, it goes wonky.

Its not just in hoard either, this happens on forums when I try to hover for tool tips on items (skins) on those sides, or to click on things to get previews on dragons.
@Antimoany

The tool tip flickers very fast when i hover over to click, but if its anywhere other than right over where the waystone should be its fine? And then I click and it does nothing until I guess I click at the right moment for it to open the hoard popup. Anything that hovers over it or could hover over it, regardless of the waystone being enabled or not, just goes flickery or unable to be clicked. So like an item that could have a tool tip go out over it, it goes wonky.

Its not just in hoard either, this happens on forums when I try to hover for tool tips on items (skins) on those sides, or to click on things to get previews on dragons.
m5NMmDh.png
I think I know what's happening now. When the tooltip flickers, is it always on top of the item you're hovering? That is, instead of appearing below or to the side, the popup is flickering right on the item icon itself? If so, the problem is that your screen is too narrow - or, to put it another way, the site doesn't know how to handle tooltips when they can neither be beneath, nor to the right of something. The bottom-right corner of your screen is the problem area because there's not enough space in either of the two acceptable locations. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324173371266957312/803806847042977832/flicker.gif[/img] When you hover an item, a tooltip tries to appear. But when the tooltip appears, exactly where your cursor is, it obscures the item you're hovering. You're no longer hovering the item, so the tooltip disappears. With the tooltip gone, you're hovering the item again, so it reappears........ If I'm right, the fact that the waystone appears nearby is purely coincidental, and not related to the cause at all.
I think I know what's happening now.

When the tooltip flickers, is it always on top of the item you're hovering? That is, instead of appearing below or to the side, the popup is flickering right on the item icon itself?

If so, the problem is that your screen is too narrow - or, to put it another way, the site doesn't know how to handle tooltips when they can neither be beneath, nor to the right of something. The bottom-right corner of your screen is the problem area because there's not enough space in either of the two acceptable locations.

flicker.gif

When you hover an item, a tooltip tries to appear. But when the tooltip appears, exactly where your cursor is, it obscures the item you're hovering. You're no longer hovering the item, so the tooltip disappears.

With the tooltip gone, you're hovering the item again, so it reappears........

If I'm right, the fact that the waystone appears nearby is purely coincidental, and not related to the cause at all.
Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
@Antimoany

Ah! thank you. I've had other problems with hovering over the waystone making my screen jitter to catch up with it moving (nothing major, just a bit of a visual annoyance), so I thought maybe more errors on that side might be caused by the same thing! It's good to know this, albeit still a bit frustrating since my screen is still going to be narrow, but at least I know it's not breaking in the way I thought.

Thank you so much for your time! This has really been bothering me and nobody else could seem to explain it so I am very grateful for your help.
@Antimoany

Ah! thank you. I've had other problems with hovering over the waystone making my screen jitter to catch up with it moving (nothing major, just a bit of a visual annoyance), so I thought maybe more errors on that side might be caused by the same thing! It's good to know this, albeit still a bit frustrating since my screen is still going to be narrow, but at least I know it's not breaking in the way I thought.

Thank you so much for your time! This has really been bothering me and nobody else could seem to explain it so I am very grateful for your help.
m5NMmDh.png