Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Parallel Gene Rarity Errors (Veil, Abs)
1 2
EDIT 3/6/22: Now there's a problem with an Aberration gene. Changing title again and updating post.

EDIT 8/26/21: Changed the title to better describe the biggest issue, which is that the Parallel genes for Veilspun do not match the Modern variety when it comes to rarity while breeding against other genes.

Veilspun Stitched Primary is Rare. The Modern version is Limited.

Veilspun Hex Primary is Common. The Modern version is Uncommon.

Aberration Daub Secondary is Uncommon. The Modern version is Common.

Original post as follows:

I was putting together a personal list of gene rarities for the Vielspun and I noticed some oddities.

The Primary Stitched appears to be Rare, the same as the Gem genes. This is clearly incorrect as the Modern version is Limited.

All of the Veilspun-exclusive treasure marketplace genes and the Coliseum Genes are of Uncommon rarity. None are Common and there is only a single Limited Tertiary of the new genes.

(Genes affected: Bright/Vivid, Shell/Web, Sphinxmoth/Hawkmoth, Arc/Loop, Thorns, and Flecks)

I assume some of these are correct, but I assume at least one pair of new genes were intended to be Common and Limited.

Edit for clarification: Talking about Breeding rarities, not item star rarities. Realized I hadn't actually said that in the post.

Edit 1/30: Hex (Vielspun) is Common when it should be Uncommon like its parallel counterparts.
EDIT 3/6/22: Now there's a problem with an Aberration gene. Changing title again and updating post.

EDIT 8/26/21: Changed the title to better describe the biggest issue, which is that the Parallel genes for Veilspun do not match the Modern variety when it comes to rarity while breeding against other genes.

Veilspun Stitched Primary is Rare. The Modern version is Limited.

Veilspun Hex Primary is Common. The Modern version is Uncommon.

Aberration Daub Secondary is Uncommon. The Modern version is Common.

Original post as follows:

I was putting together a personal list of gene rarities for the Vielspun and I noticed some oddities.

The Primary Stitched appears to be Rare, the same as the Gem genes. This is clearly incorrect as the Modern version is Limited.

All of the Veilspun-exclusive treasure marketplace genes and the Coliseum Genes are of Uncommon rarity. None are Common and there is only a single Limited Tertiary of the new genes.

(Genes affected: Bright/Vivid, Shell/Web, Sphinxmoth/Hawkmoth, Arc/Loop, Thorns, and Flecks)

I assume some of these are correct, but I assume at least one pair of new genes were intended to be Common and Limited.

Edit for clarification: Talking about Breeding rarities, not item star rarities. Realized I hadn't actually said that in the post.

Edit 1/30: Hex (Vielspun) is Common when it should be Uncommon like its parallel counterparts.
The Spinner (Veilspun) Gene seems to be Uncommon...
The Spinner (Veilspun) Gene seems to be Uncommon...
Spinner: 47
Patchwork(should be Limited): 53

Spinner: 10
Hypnotic(should be Uncommon): 90

It looks like Spinner's fine from my testing.
Spinner: 47
Patchwork(should be Limited): 53

Spinner: 10
Hypnotic(should be Uncommon): 90

It looks like Spinner's fine from my testing.
Any update on this bug... i'd hate to apply what should be same tier genes on a breeding pair to have one of them change and thus not get an even mix of the two genes and either have to regene one of them or not get the variation in the offspring I'd prefer
Any update on this bug... i'd hate to apply what should be same tier genes on a breeding pair to have one of them change and thus not get an even mix of the two genes and either have to regene one of them or not get the variation in the offspring I'd prefer
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Rarities are still the same as when I initially posted. Hopefully staff look into this soon? I completely agree about it affecting gene plans.
Rarities are still the same as when I initially posted. Hopefully staff look into this soon? I completely agree about it affecting gene plans.
At this point I wonder if they don't plan on fixing some of the rarity bugs (if they are bugs) as it would mess with breeding pairs, but I do hope they fix Stitched soon
At this point I wonder if they don't plan on fixing some of the rarity bugs (if they are bugs) as it would mess with breeding pairs, but I do hope they fix Stitched soon
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
With the new update, I checked Stitched and it's still bugged. Didn't check the other Veilspun genes as I assume they won't be changed until Stitched is fixed.

The parallels just released are fine as far as I can tell. Haven't tested Banescale Striation as none exist yet, but the rest are fine.
With the new update, I checked Stitched and it's still bugged. Didn't check the other Veilspun genes as I assume they won't be changed until Stitched is fixed.

The parallels just released are fine as far as I can tell. Haven't tested Banescale Striation as none exist yet, but the rest are fine.
Double-checked Stitched (Vielspun) while checking the new genes and it's still Rare rarity.

Also, Hex (Vielspun) is Common when it should be Uncommon.
Double-checked Stitched (Vielspun) while checking the new genes and it's still Rare rarity.

Also, Hex (Vielspun) is Common when it should be Uncommon.
Bringing this back up with the new breed rumors going around. These genes are still bugged!
Bringing this back up with the new breed rumors going around. These genes are still bugged!
Checked again with the Flaunt/Flare release. These genes (or at least Stitched(Veilspun), which I'm using at the canary) are still bugged.
Checked again with the Flaunt/Flare release. These genes (or at least Stitched(Veilspun), which I'm using at the canary) are still bugged.
1 2