Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35
@AnpuRa As @/Vendrus said, either run Windows Update to download it, or try using the Snipping Tool, which has been part of Windows 10 since release and can also take screenshots.
@AnpuRa As @/Vendrus said, either run Windows Update to download it, or try using the Snipping Tool, which has been part of Windows 10 since release and can also take screenshots.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@AnpuRa do you have a PrtSc key like what @/Anukai was saying? It should be at the top, near the F1-F12 keys. And do you have a key with the Windows logo on it, in the bottom left corner, near the left Ctrl and Alt keys? To get the PrtSc key to actually take a screenshot, you might have to hit the PrtSc and Windows key at the same time.

Also, do you have a key in the bottom left with Fn on it? If your computer is like mine, you might have to hit that and the F1-F12 keys at the same time in order to get the other functions of those to work.
For example, F7 by itself is airplane mode, but F7 and Fn is caret browsing.
@AnpuRa do you have a PrtSc key like what @/Anukai was saying? It should be at the top, near the F1-F12 keys. And do you have a key with the Windows logo on it, in the bottom left corner, near the left Ctrl and Alt keys? To get the PrtSc key to actually take a screenshot, you might have to hit the PrtSc and Windows key at the same time.

Also, do you have a key in the bottom left with Fn on it? If your computer is like mine, you might have to hit that and the F1-F12 keys at the same time in order to get the other functions of those to work.
For example, F7 by itself is airplane mode, but F7 and Fn is caret browsing.
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
Yes! Very good points by @/qunii! ^w^

We're all just trying to help you out, AnpuRa. :3
Yes! Very good points by @/qunii! ^w^

We're all just trying to help you out, AnpuRa. :3

» She/Her | FR + 3
» Nature Dom Team
» Pings encouraged!
» Discord: myrtana.
»'Wishlist'|'AvatarxDragon
- - - - - Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
-
-
-
@qunii

yes, I have a PrtSc key but it never did anything.
I have a Windows key and an Fn key.
The windows key would just open the Start menu and the Fn key doesn't appear to do anything either.

@Anukai
I appreciate all the help but I'm feeling more and more like a burden as we dig deeper into tech stuff I have no idea about. I feel like I'm just wasting your time as we run around in circles.
@qunii

The windows key would just open the Start menu and the Fn key doesn't appear to do anything either.

@Anukai
I appreciate all the help but I'm feeling more and more like a burden as we dig deeper into tech stuff I have no idea about. I feel like I'm just wasting your time as we run around in circles.
@AnpuRa, you need to actually put the screenshot somewhere that can use it, like Paint or another image program. It may appear as though it did nothing, but if you press your PrtSc button, then open Paint and press ctrl+v it will paste the screenshot. Then you can save that image and upload it to the internet for us to try to help you.

Edit: It's kind of like copy+paste, but for an image of your screen instead of text. :3
@AnpuRa, you need to actually put the screenshot somewhere that can use it, like Paint or another image program. It may appear as though it did nothing, but if you press your PrtSc button, then open Paint and press ctrl+v it will paste the screenshot. Then you can save that image and upload it to the internet for us to try to help you.

Edit: It's kind of like copy+paste, but for an image of your screen instead of text. :3

» She/Her | FR + 3
» Nature Dom Team
» Pings encouraged!
» Discord: myrtana.
»'Wishlist'|'AvatarxDragon
- - - - - Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push.
-
-
-
[quote name="@AnpuRa" date="2020-10-26 10:31:00" ] yes, I have a PrtSc key but it never did anything. I have a Windows key and an Fn key. The windows key would just open the Start menu and the Fn key doesn't appear to do anything either. [/quote] Hold down the Windows key while hitting the PrtSc key. And hold down the Fn key while hitting the F7 key
@AnpuRa wrote on 2020-10-26 10:31:00:
Hold down the Windows key while hitting the PrtSc key. And hold down the Fn key while hitting the F7 key
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
xx CnNBdW0.png
@qunii

Ahhh, what in the world did you just have me do?
I tried that and my whole screen went black. I had to restart to get it back

F7? Where did F7 come into this? I thought it was F12
@qunii

[quote name="@AnpuRa" date="2020-10-26 11:02:14" ] @/qunii Ahhh, what in the world did you just have me do? I tried that and my whole screen went black. I had to restart to get it back F7? Where did F7 come into this? I thought it was F12 [/quote] uh, that's not supposed to happen. I fear there may be larger issues involving your computer... (I'll upload a video shortly of what it should look like) (also thank you qunii for this little tidbit of info! i never knew that was a thing) [b]edit[/b]: [url=https://youtu.be/apLm_VU0Jzw]here's[/url] what it should look like when you hold the win key. I uploaded to youtube so you should hopefully be able to view it, but let me know if you can't and I can try to send you the file directly. :) [b]edit2[/b]: added a ping, don't know if you're subscribed to the thread or not but apologies if you are.
@AnpuRa wrote on 2020-10-26 11:02:14:
@/qunii

uh, that's not supposed to happen. I fear there may be larger issues involving your computer... (I'll upload a video shortly of what it should look like) (also thank you qunii for this little tidbit of info! i never knew that was a thing)

edit: here's what it should look like when you hold the win key. I uploaded to youtube so you should hopefully be able to view it, but let me know if you can't and I can try to send you the file directly. :)

edit2: added a ping, don't know if you're subscribed to the thread or not but apologies if you are.
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
@AnpuRa huh, strange. The Windows+PrtSc is supposed to take a screenshot of your whole current screen; I'm not sure why it would do that do your computer?

And that's my mistake, I thought I saw someone say F7 instead. Fn+F12 is the correct key for the developer controls

Edit: the video that Sasser made is what a screenshot looks like on my computer as well!
@AnpuRa huh, strange. The Windows+PrtSc is supposed to take a screenshot of your whole current screen; I'm not sure why it would do that do your computer?

And that's my mistake, I thought I saw someone say F7 instead. Fn+F12 is the correct key for the developer controls

Edit: the video that Sasser made is what a screenshot looks like on my computer as well!
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
xx CnNBdW0.png
@Sasser

I saw the video but not sure what it was suppose to show me.

Also, ping? Ping, what?
@Sasser

I saw the video but not sure what it was suppose to show me.

Also, ping? Ping, what?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35