Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35
@Darksilverhawk

It is just on the white default background.
I have tried them on my dragons but they do nothing.

Yeah, some things would start working, or break, after an unrelated site update.
Most the time when a big update would come to a feature, said feature would break.
@Darksilverhawk

It is just on the white default background.
I have tried them on my dragons but they do nothing.

Yeah, some things would start working, or break, after an unrelated site update.
Most the time when a big update would come to a feature, said feature would break.
@AnpuRa
So apologies if you see this as treating you like you're dumb, but just to make sure and rule it out as a possibility, you're definitely left clicking stuff instead of right clicking, correct?

At the end of the day, something somewhere is coming down to user error or incompatibility, whether that be in how you're interacting with the site or with any software or extensions installed on the computers or browsers you're trying it with. What you're describing would be a total breakdown in how the coding of the site works and how JavaScript itself works, which can't be an issue specific to your account; there's no way of changing that stuff on the site's end for only your account and there's no reason for that to have been done anyway.

I second everyone else's recommendation of at least temporarily uninstalling McAfee just to be completely sure it isn't that. I would also recommend temporarily uninstalling your adblocker, since disabling it for a specific site doesn't always completely disable all of its functions. Neither of these actions will hurt your computer or put it at risk, the firewall that comes with Windows is perfectly adequate, especially if you don't make a habit of clicking on shady links.
@AnpuRa
So apologies if you see this as treating you like you're dumb, but just to make sure and rule it out as a possibility, you're definitely left clicking stuff instead of right clicking, correct?

At the end of the day, something somewhere is coming down to user error or incompatibility, whether that be in how you're interacting with the site or with any software or extensions installed on the computers or browsers you're trying it with. What you're describing would be a total breakdown in how the coding of the site works and how JavaScript itself works, which can't be an issue specific to your account; there's no way of changing that stuff on the site's end for only your account and there's no reason for that to have been done anyway.

I second everyone else's recommendation of at least temporarily uninstalling McAfee just to be completely sure it isn't that. I would also recommend temporarily uninstalling your adblocker, since disabling it for a specific site doesn't always completely disable all of its functions. Neither of these actions will hurt your computer or put it at risk, the firewall that comes with Windows is perfectly adequate, especially if you don't make a habit of clicking on shady links.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin

LOL
Yes, I know the difference between left clicking and right clicking. XD
@Tserin

LOL
Yes, I know the difference between left clicking and right clicking. XD
@AnpuRa
Yeah, I figured, but best to rule out everything! I've made some... rather embarrassing basic mistakes and thought my computer was broken as a result.
@AnpuRa
Yeah, I figured, but best to rule out everything! I've made some... rather embarrassing basic mistakes and thought my computer was broken as a result.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin

It's fine.
As nothing else is working, trying the dumb questions can sometimes find the answer.

I have no idea what is wrong.
Computers have always acted... odd around me. I've had professors in the college computer courses not able to explain some of the things that would happen around me.
I think I'm magnetic. :P
@Tserin

It's fine.
As nothing else is working, trying the dumb questions can sometimes find the answer.

I have no idea what is wrong.
Computers have always acted... odd around me. I've had professors in the college computer courses not able to explain some of the things that would happen around me.
I think I'm magnetic. :P
Out of curiousity, when you use other computers to log on to FR, are you also logging into a Chrome account or something similar on those computers?
Out of curiousity, when you use other computers to log on to FR, are you also logging into a Chrome account or something similar on those computers?
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
@minervamaga

Chrome account?
I guess not as I didn't even know Chrome had accounts
@minervamaga

Chrome account?
I guess not as I didn't even know Chrome had accounts
@AnpuRa
A chrome account is the same thing as a gmail account. It results in your profile icon showing up top right.

I suspect the reason they're asking is because signing in and saying yes to synchronising will also add the extensions you have at home to the browser you've logged into - which would include the McAfee (and any other potentially problematic) one.
@AnpuRa
A chrome account is the same thing as a gmail account. It results in your profile icon showing up top right.

I suspect the reason they're asking is because signing in and saying yes to synchronising will also add the extensions you have at home to the browser you've logged into - which would include the McAfee (and any other potentially problematic) one.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus

Well, I don't have a gmail account either
@Vendrus

Well, I don't have a gmail account either
@AnpuRa

We can't know for sure, of course, but McAfee remains a prime suspect. The one piece of evidence that counts against it is that you've seen the problem on multiple computers which, we assume, don't all have the same extensions.

While I doubt the problem is with your account. we can test that fairly easily:
  1. Sign out of your account
  2. Clear your browser's cache again (just to make SURE you're 100% signed out)
  3. Check @Darksilverhawk's dragon again to see if the scene shows up

If the scene shows up, at least some of the problem may be related to your login status. If it doesn't show up, then your account almost certainly has nothing to do with it.

===

I noticed in your screenshot that several records in the network tab are listed as "mydmp.exelator". I wasn't familiar with this domain, but a quick Google search indicates that it MAY be redirect malware. That would match up with the issue we're seeing.

To put it as simply as I can: When you click on an item, your browser is supposed to contact the site to get a list of possible actions to perform. But a bit of malware interrupts that signal and tries to redirect you to some other site. Fortunately, the way we've coded it, that redirect fails... but it still interrupted the intended action.

TLDR, my first recommendation is to try disabling McAfee as a test. Ideally with a complete uninstall, but disabling might be good enough. My second recommendation is to use a different malware detection tool to make sure McAfee didn't miss this exelator thing.
@AnpuRa

We can't know for sure, of course, but McAfee remains a prime suspect. The one piece of evidence that counts against it is that you've seen the problem on multiple computers which, we assume, don't all have the same extensions.

While I doubt the problem is with your account. we can test that fairly easily:
  1. Sign out of your account
  2. Clear your browser's cache again (just to make SURE you're 100% signed out)
  3. Check @Darksilverhawk's dragon again to see if the scene shows up

If the scene shows up, at least some of the problem may be related to your login status. If it doesn't show up, then your account almost certainly has nothing to do with it.

===

I noticed in your screenshot that several records in the network tab are listed as "mydmp.exelator". I wasn't familiar with this domain, but a quick Google search indicates that it MAY be redirect malware. That would match up with the issue we're seeing.

To put it as simply as I can: When you click on an item, your browser is supposed to contact the site to get a list of possible actions to perform. But a bit of malware interrupts that signal and tries to redirect you to some other site. Fortunately, the way we've coded it, that redirect fails... but it still interrupted the intended action.

TLDR, my first recommendation is to try disabling McAfee as a test. Ideally with a complete uninstall, but disabling might be good enough. My second recommendation is to use a different malware detection tool to make sure McAfee didn't miss this exelator thing.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35