Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 35
I haven't used antivirus software in three years. Neither have a number of my friends, several of whom are professional software developers. Antivirus software has a tendency to mess with your ability to access perfectly safe things that you actually want, and if you don't open dodgy emails and only browse relatively safe websites, you don't tend to get viruses.
I haven't used antivirus software in three years. Neither have a number of my friends, several of whom are professional software developers. Antivirus software has a tendency to mess with your ability to access perfectly safe things that you actually want, and if you don't open dodgy emails and only browse relatively safe websites, you don't tend to get viruses.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I'm not sure how McAfee works bc I never bothered with it so forgive me but is there a whitelist function on it, so you can whitelist just FR itself?
I'm not sure how McAfee works bc I never bothered with it so forgive me but is there a whitelist function on it, so you can whitelist just FR itself?
@Vivarium sometimes that doesn't work, because websites or programs pull from data outside of the whitelisted folder/domain. The simplest way to test is to turn it off entirely for a brief test; the risk is minimal, especially with adblockers and Defender turned on.
@Vivarium sometimes that doesn't work, because websites or programs pull from data outside of the whitelisted folder/domain. The simplest way to test is to turn it off entirely for a brief test; the risk is minimal, especially with adblockers and Defender turned on.
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
@AnpuRa

It looks like your hoard is finally working, great! Just in case you still need to know, you can open Strange Chests by clicking on the "Other" tab in your hoard (it's the one farthest to the right), and then searching for "Strange Chest" to find the item, then click on the item. It should open a little pop-up thing (not a full window, just an in-screen display) that will give you the option to open either one chest at a time or up to 10 chests at a time. I can screenshot what this looks like in my hoard if you would like.
@AnpuRa

It looks like your hoard is finally working, great! Just in case you still need to know, you can open Strange Chests by clicking on the "Other" tab in your hoard (it's the one farthest to the right), and then searching for "Strange Chest" to find the item, then click on the item. It should open a little pop-up thing (not a full window, just an in-screen display) that will give you the option to open either one chest at a time or up to 10 chests at a time. I can screenshot what this looks like in my hoard if you would like.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@FliptheFrog

My Hoard is working?
Ummmm...No, not that I can tell.

Also, I tried it again with the McAfee turned off but it doesn't seem any different
@FliptheFrog

My Hoard is working?
Ummmm...No, not that I can tell.

Also, I tried it again with the McAfee turned off but it doesn't seem any different
@AnpuRa

The most recent screenshot you posted showed the bottom of what I assume is the first page of your food tab in your hoard.

I had assumed that, since your hoard was showing something other than a blank screen, the rest of it was working as well. Can you click on any of the items shown in this screenshot in your hoard, and does anything happen when you do? I would try it with a non-valuable item, just in case.

@AnpuRa

The most recent screenshot you posted showed the bottom of what I assume is the first page of your food tab in your hoard.

I had assumed that, since your hoard was showing something other than a blank screen, the rest of it was working as well. Can you click on any of the items shown in this screenshot in your hoard, and does anything happen when you do? I would try it with a non-valuable item, just in case.

An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@FlipTheFrog

AnpuRa has always been able to SEE the hoard. Just not to interact with any of the items.
@FlipTheFrog

AnpuRa has always been able to SEE the hoard. Just not to interact with any of the items.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
I can see some failures of communication here, most likely because this is such a long thread.

@AnpuRa I would really recommend you completely uninstall McAfee. Not only is it a famously bad antivirus, it causes more problems than it solves. Antiviruses like McAfee don't like being turned off, so they never really turn off. The only way to "disable" them is to entirely remove them from your computer.

As the others have said, you're on Windows 10 so the basic defender should keep you safe for a short while. If you want a replacement antivirus, I always recommend ESET

It's definitely possible McAfee is causing the problem here, though it's weird that it isn't doing the same to FA.

I see you stream, or used to stream, your art quite regularly. That could be the tool we've been in need of.

If uninstalling McAfee doesn't solve the problem, consider setting up a stream for Kaepora - or someone else, but Kaepora is in the best position to help you - to see your browser and help you navigate it and the dev tools in real time.

EDIT: Just realised I'm going to have to walk you through uninstalling.

Here are two separate sites which will each guide you through removing McAfe:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/
https://proprivacy.com/privacy-service/guides/uninstall-mcafee-antivirus-software

They're practically identical but the digitaltrends guide goes into a little more detail, so you're probably better off following that.

Digitaltrends recommends a few different AVs, including both Avast and AVG. I would personally not recommend either of those. They're becoming more troublesome each month and you may soon be in the same boat.

I can see some failures of communication here, most likely because this is such a long thread.

@AnpuRa I would really recommend you completely uninstall McAfee. Not only is it a famously bad antivirus, it causes more problems than it solves. Antiviruses like McAfee don't like being turned off, so they never really turn off. The only way to "disable" them is to entirely remove them from your computer.

As the others have said, you're on Windows 10 so the basic defender should keep you safe for a short while. If you want a replacement antivirus, I always recommend ESET

It's definitely possible McAfee is causing the problem here, though it's weird that it isn't doing the same to FA.

I see you stream, or used to stream, your art quite regularly. That could be the tool we've been in need of.

If uninstalling McAfee doesn't solve the problem, consider setting up a stream for Kaepora - or someone else, but Kaepora is in the best position to help you - to see your browser and help you navigate it and the dev tools in real time.

EDIT: Just realised I'm going to have to walk you through uninstalling.

Here are two separate sites which will each guide you through removing McAfe:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/
https://proprivacy.com/privacy-service/guides/uninstall-mcafee-antivirus-software

They're practically identical but the digitaltrends guide goes into a little more detail, so you're probably better off following that.

Digitaltrends recommends a few different AVs, including both Avast and AVG. I would personally not recommend either of those. They're becoming more troublesome each month and you may soon be in the same boat.

Tired | Xe / Xem / Xyr | Cymreig | avatar
@Antimoany

My McAfee seems fine.
I don't want to have to repurchase it after uninstalling it.

FA doesn't have any connections with Flash, does it?
With Flash going out, could that be causing issues?

As far as streaming goes, I'd rather not display my account out there for all to see.
@Antimoany

My McAfee seems fine.
I don't want to have to repurchase it after uninstalling it.

FA doesn't have any connections with Flash, does it?
With Flash going out, could that be causing issues?

As far as streaming goes, I'd rather not display my account out there for all to see.
@AnpuRa
Your original purchase email will have the license code, you won't need to re-purchase it. If your McAfee was fine, you probably wouldn't be seeing this issue - and the problem with badly made antiviruses is usually that they tell you things are fine when they aren't, and/or can't properly get rid of actual issues.

FR does not use flash.

If this was an FR issue, you would not be the only person experiencing this, so trying to think of reasons along those lines isn't going to go anywhere I'm afraid.

Skype and similar will let you do private screen sharing, so you may well be able to hop on with just Kaepora, who has access to all your account info anyway.
@AnpuRa
Your original purchase email will have the license code, you won't need to re-purchase it. If your McAfee was fine, you probably wouldn't be seeing this issue - and the problem with badly made antiviruses is usually that they tell you things are fine when they aren't, and/or can't properly get rid of actual issues.

FR does not use flash.

If this was an FR issue, you would not be the only person experiencing this, so trying to think of reasons along those lines isn't going to go anywhere I'm afraid.

Skype and similar will let you do private screen sharing, so you may well be able to hop on with just Kaepora, who has access to all your account info anyway.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 35