Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Hoard update not working
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
I can't make heads or tails with this new Hoard update. Nothing seems to work.
I can't even perform basic functions like opening treasure, converting food points, moving ideas between Hoard and Vault, selling items among other things.
This update as completely broken the functionality of the entire Hoard system.
I'm needing to prepare for the upcoming end of the month event but this new update is preventing me from doing so.
Please help. I've read the announcement but it doesn't help.
I can't make heads or tails with this new Hoard update. Nothing seems to work.
I can't even perform basic functions like opening treasure, converting food points, moving ideas between Hoard and Vault, selling items among other things.
This update as completely broken the functionality of the entire Hoard system.
I'm needing to prepare for the upcoming end of the month event but this new update is preventing me from doing so.
Please help. I've read the announcement but it doesn't help.
For more information maybe none(?)/some(?) of the buttons are clickable: [quote name="AnpuRa" date="2020-10-24 11:13:07" ] Nothing happened. It was if there wasn't even a button there. No error message. My cache is clear. I have tried on IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome. All the same. I only have one laptop to use. [/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/133644/2475#post_45059055
For more information maybe none(?)/some(?) of the buttons are clickable:
AnpuRa wrote on 2020-10-24 11:13:07:
Nothing happened. It was if there wasn't even a button there.
No error message.
My cache is clear. I have tried on IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome. All the same.
I only have one laptop to use.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/help/133644/2475#post_45059055
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@AnpiRa - Sorry to hear things aren’t working. Let’s try to tackle one thing first, and see if that clears up the rest. Let’s focus just on basic hoard selling (one stack).

When you hover over a hoard item, do you get a tooltip?
When you click the hoard item (the item image), does an action window (as shown in the announcement) pop up?
If it does, do you see a button to “sell selected”?
If so, does anything happen when you click it?

Additional general questions. please answer the following as fully as possible:
1. What browser are you using (Firefox/Chrome/IE/Other?)
2. Do you have any browser add-ons or extensions running?
3. I see you’re on a laptop. Is it a Mac, Windows, Unix, other?
@AnpiRa - Sorry to hear things aren’t working. Let’s try to tackle one thing first, and see if that clears up the rest. Let’s focus just on basic hoard selling (one stack).

When you hover over a hoard item, do you get a tooltip?
When you click the hoard item (the item image), does an action window (as shown in the announcement) pop up?
If it does, do you see a button to “sell selected”?
If so, does anything happen when you click it?

Additional general questions. please answer the following as fully as possible:
1. What browser are you using (Firefox/Chrome/IE/Other?)
2. Do you have any browser add-ons or extensions running?
3. I see you’re on a laptop. Is it a Mac, Windows, Unix, other?
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora

to answer your first set of questions.
No, No, No & No

the second set of questions
1. I have tried IE and Edge. I even tried my back up browsers of Firefox and Chrome. All work the same.
2. I have tried with and without any add ons. Makes no differance
3. Windows 10 and yes, it is fully up to date
@Kaepora

to answer your first set of questions.
No, No, No & No

the second set of questions
1. I have tried IE and Edge. I even tried my back up browsers of Firefox and Chrome. All work the same.
2. I have tried with and without any add ons. Makes no differance
3. Windows 10 and yes, it is fully up to date
@AnpuRa - It’s very surprising that not even basic item tooltips work, but that does provide a clue that whatever is breaking is doing so at a very basic level. Are your hoard items even showing up, or is the page mostly blank? If you hover over an item in the forum, like the one in this post, do you get a tooltip here? There should be a gear button in the top right corner of the new hoard page. Does hovering over that provide a tooltip? [item=Acorn]
@AnpuRa - It’s very surprising that not even basic item tooltips work, but that does provide a clue that whatever is breaking is doing so at a very basic level.

Are your hoard items even showing up, or is the page mostly blank?
If you hover over an item in the forum, like the one in this post, do you get a tooltip here?
There should be a gear button in the top right corner of the new hoard page. Does hovering over that provide a tooltip?

Acorn

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

when I hover over the item, I don't get a tooltip, all I get it the description of the item. The one that appeared even before the update.

I can see my items but they are crammed into a narrow window. The display image of each item is also smaller.

The gear thing does nothing
@Kaepora

when I hover over the item, I don't get a tooltip, all I get it the description of the item. The one that appeared even before the update.

I can see my items but they are crammed into a narrow window. The display image of each item is also smaller.

The gear thing does nothing
Ah, okay, that description is what I meant by “tooltip”. I’ll note that it is working that far at least - and change my questions.

To avoid leading you down the wrong path, I’m going to ask some pretty specific questions about the gear button. You mentioned that the gear button does “nothing”, but I’d like to check the following things individually:

- If you move your mouse cursor above the gear button, does your mouse cursor turn into a pointing finger (indicating that it should be clickable)?
- When you move your mouse cursor above the gear button, does any text show up at all? We’d expect to see “Click this button to edit hoard settings”.
- If you click the gear button, do you go to a new page? If so, what settings are active?

Thanks!
Ah, okay, that description is what I meant by “tooltip”. I’ll note that it is working that far at least - and change my questions.

To avoid leading you down the wrong path, I’m going to ask some pretty specific questions about the gear button. You mentioned that the gear button does “nothing”, but I’d like to check the following things individually:

- If you move your mouse cursor above the gear button, does your mouse cursor turn into a pointing finger (indicating that it should be clickable)?
- When you move your mouse cursor above the gear button, does any text show up at all? We’d expect to see “Click this button to edit hoard settings”.
- If you click the gear button, do you go to a new page? If so, what settings are active?

Thanks!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

If that is the "tooltip" you are talking about, it is a poor choice of words. There are no tools in it and was there before the update.

Yes, I can click on the gear and I go to another page.
The so called settings don't really change much. I can cram even more items into the narrow window but that only makes things worse.
@Kaepora

If that is the "tooltip" you are talking about, it is a poor choice of words. There are no tools in it and was there before the update.

Yes, I can click on the gear and I go to another page.
The so called settings don't really change much. I can cram even more items into the narrow window but that only makes things worse.
@AnpuRa Okay, so the link works, and based on your other feedback, that page is properly letting you alter settings. Good! I didn’t see an answer to the other question. But can I assume that the gear button [i]did[/i] display that text message when you hovered over it? And your cursor [i]did[/i] turn into a pointer? The next thing I’d like to focus on is trying to get the Item Interaction Menu to display. It looks like this: [img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/prev_hv_iteminteractionwindow.png[/img] In the old hoard, you could perform actions on some items, like eggs and scrolls, by clicking right on the item image. But in the new hoard, all items now have the same click action - opening up the Interaction Menu. Please move your mouse to right above an item image (any item). You’ll know you’re in the right spot if your cursor turns into a pointer finger. Click and let me know if the Item Interaction Menu pops up. Please note that you MAY need to scroll to see it.
@AnpuRa

Okay, so the link works, and based on your other feedback, that page is properly letting you alter settings. Good!

I didn’t see an answer to the other question. But can I assume that the gear button did display that text message when you hovered over it? And your cursor did turn into a pointer?

The next thing I’d like to focus on is trying to get the Item Interaction Menu to display. It looks like this:

prev_hv_iteminteractionwindow.png

In the old hoard, you could perform actions on some items, like eggs and scrolls, by clicking right on the item image. But in the new hoard, all items now have the same click action - opening up the Interaction Menu.

Please move your mouse to right above an item image (any item). You’ll know you’re in the right spot if your cursor turns into a pointer finger. Click and let me know if the Item Interaction Menu pops up. Please note that you MAY need to scroll to see it.

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

@Kaepora

Yeah, I don't that little tab you pictured at all.
As far as what does happen is...well, nothing
I see that "tooltip" thing but that is all the interaction I can get out of the items
@Kaepora

Yeah, I don't that little tab you pictured at all.
As far as what does happen is...well, nothing
I see that "tooltip" thing but that is all the interaction I can get out of the items
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35