Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | wrong pose in predict morphology
[center]dragons with silhouette scrolls applied to them show up as their original pose in the scrying workshop. I know this is probably because it previews their original pose's gender, but I don't know if this is intentional - maybe it would be a good idea to switch it to how they actually appear. example: previewing this guy (who had a silhouette scroll applied) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63675044][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/636751/63675044_350.png[/img][/url] in predict morphology gives me this: [img]https://imgur.com/m4vm34V.png[/img] since he has a male pose, the morphology should maybe reflect that? but again, I don't know if this is intentional or a bug.
dragons with silhouette scrolls applied to them show up as their original pose in the scrying workshop. I know this is probably because it previews their original pose's gender, but I don't know if this is intentional - maybe it would be a good idea to switch it to how they actually appear.

example:

previewing this guy (who had a silhouette scroll applied)

63675044_350.png

in predict morphology gives me this:

m4vm34V.png

since he has a male pose, the morphology should maybe reflect that? but again, I don't know if this is intentional or a bug.
I don't think this is a bug? Female dragon shows its default pose - the male pose is the alternative one.
I don't think this is a bug? Female dragon shows its default pose - the male pose is the alternative one.
0XBZuJQ.png
@RedWillia yeah, I just assumed it would show up at least how the dragon looks currently, not the default. no real reason to see the default if you’re not switched to it— I just think that since this is a cosmetic change (a lot like genes for example, because when you preview a dragon with those, they don’t revert to default/basic) it’s odd that it’s not showing up.

might not be a bug but maybe an oversight? might also be edging into suggestions territory if this is intentional.
@RedWillia yeah, I just assumed it would show up at least how the dragon looks currently, not the default. no real reason to see the default if you’re not switched to it— I just think that since this is a cosmetic change (a lot like genes for example, because when you preview a dragon with those, they don’t revert to default/basic) it’s odd that it’s not showing up.

might not be a bug but maybe an oversight? might also be edging into suggestions territory if this is intentional.
I agree it might edge out into suggestions - because I'd view the pose as a sort of "top level apparel" just because, unlike other gene and breed scrolls, it comes with its own inbuilt on/off button like apparel. I wouldn't be destroyed if scrying shop was updated to show current pose but at the same time I really don't think it's an outright bug, an oversight at most.
I agree it might edge out into suggestions - because I'd view the pose as a sort of "top level apparel" just because, unlike other gene and breed scrolls, it comes with its own inbuilt on/off button like apparel. I wouldn't be destroyed if scrying shop was updated to show current pose but at the same time I really don't think it's an outright bug, an oversight at most.
0XBZuJQ.png
Thank you for the report @batfossil!

This is intentional. Predict Morphology is often used in sales, where there’s a potential for both scamming and genuine confusion over a potential purchase for breeding purposes. Since the tool already includes the ability to preview either pose, we chose to keep the existing behavior.
Thank you for the report @batfossil!

This is intentional. Predict Morphology is often used in sales, where there’s a potential for both scamming and genuine confusion over a potential purchase for breeding purposes. Since the tool already includes the ability to preview either pose, we chose to keep the existing behavior.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~

- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies