Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Applying apparel resets scrollbar
As the title says. If you're scrolled down, apply a piece of apparel, you have to scroll all the way down again.
As the title says. If you're scrolled down, apply a piece of apparel, you have to scroll all the way down again.
image.png
can confirm this happens to me as well

win10 on chrome
can confirm this happens to me as well

win10 on chrome
FR time +2 (CST/CDT) He/They Demi Bi Transmasc NB
VxdCkvG.pngOwPl6Om.pngOQej0yU.png2WpxpdQ.pngz3oFTt2.pngBZiXP2N.png
happened to me too; windows 10, chrome
happened to me too; windows 10, chrome
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
happens to me too, chrome os, chrome
happens to me too, chrome os, chrome
15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
aro.png 2a665d2ce02e8f6ba2d7566f1b704a055b4744e1.png
@Ske1th @Shadow50146 @WaverVelvet @sylveondreams Unfortunately this one is intentional due to technical limitations. [quote]Your second issue is working as expected - in order to help players who prefer to scroll through their apparel, each page now returns more results. [b]When you add/remove a piece of apparel, the list MUST update to account for the newly removed or returned item. It’s possible we may find a technical solution to manually track of your scroll location and re-scroll to it, but that would be a new feature, not a bug fix. [/b]Feel free to add that concern to the suggestions forum. Filters on this page are new and players are not yet used to applying them or realizing their full potential. If you’re equipping multiple similar items, I recommend tossing part of the item’s name into the filter, which will reduce the results so there won’t be any scrolling at all! As an extra bonus, it will even run faster because there will be fewer items to fetch from the system. I find it’s helpful, when equipping a similarly named set of items, to type most of the set name, then cycle through the categories - head, legs, body, etc.[/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2873497/1#post_43652672
@Ske1th @Shadow50146 @WaverVelvet @sylveondreams
Unfortunately this one is intentional due to technical limitations.
Quote:
Your second issue is working as expected - in order to help players who prefer to scroll through their apparel, each page now returns more results. When you add/remove a piece of apparel, the list MUST update to account for the newly removed or returned item. It’s possible we may find a technical solution to manually track of your scroll location and re-scroll to it, but that would be a new feature, not a bug fix. Feel free to add that concern to the suggestions forum.

Filters on this page are new and players are not yet used to applying them or realizing their full potential. If you’re equipping multiple similar items, I recommend tossing part of the item’s name into the filter, which will reduce the results so there won’t be any scrolling at all! As an extra bonus, it will even run faster because there will be fewer items to fetch from the system.

I find it’s helpful, when equipping a similarly named set of items, to type most of the set name, then cycle through the categories - head, legs, body, etc.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/2873497/1#post_43652672
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin

Ah, thats a bummer. Thanks though
@Tserin

Ah, thats a bummer. Thanks though
image.png
Hi @Ske1th @Tserin!

We've been poking around with getting the page to re-scroll. I can't guarantee it'll work in all situations, but a new update might improve the situation a bit.

Caveats: Some browsers may not properly re-scroll, or a scroll position may no longer valid due to the overall page length changing.
Hi @Ske1th @Tserin!

We've been poking around with getting the page to re-scroll. I can't guarantee it'll work in all situations, but a new update might improve the situation a bit.

Caveats: Some browsers may not properly re-scroll, or a scroll position may no longer valid due to the overall page length changing.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora

Thank you for working on this! Hopefully it'll be possible to fix :>
@Kaepora

Thank you for working on this! Hopefully it'll be possible to fix :>
image.png