Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Graphical Issues in Firefox
When I use Firefox version 78 on my Windows 10 laptop, I am seeing some issues with the graphics in the Coliseum. I don't see graphics like this anywhere else on the site. The games in the Fairgrounds look perfectly normal. I do not have this issue at all when using Firefox on iOS. Unfortunately, I am not able to try using the Coliseum with Firefox on any other computer to see if the same issues occur. In this screenshot, I am zoomed in at 100%. However, zooming in or out does not fix the issue. Everything shown in the coliseum is very grainy, including both the text, boxes, and images. Additionally, the dragons have the same problem, making it harder to see their details than it is when I use another browser or access the Coliseum on my phone. Please view these screenshots at full size, the forums reduce the size making the images look smoother. [img]https://imgur.com/7c9mACJ.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/7m5kuMY.png[/img]
When I use Firefox version 78 on my Windows 10 laptop, I am seeing some issues with the graphics in the Coliseum. I don't see graphics like this anywhere else on the site. The games in the Fairgrounds look perfectly normal.

I do not have this issue at all when using Firefox on iOS. Unfortunately, I am not able to try using the Coliseum with Firefox on any other computer to see if the same issues occur.

In this screenshot, I am zoomed in at 100%. However, zooming in or out does not fix the issue. Everything shown in the coliseum is very grainy, including both the text, boxes, and images. Additionally, the dragons have the same problem, making it harder to see their details than it is when I use another browser or access the Coliseum on my phone.

Please view these screenshots at full size, the forums reduce the size making the images look smoother.

7c9mACJ.png
7m5kuMY.png
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
@Wizardry go into firefox general settings, and try unticking the boxes under the "performance" section, and see if it helps
@Wizardry go into firefox general settings, and try unticking the boxes under the "performance" section, and see if it helps
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark

I’ve tried this, but it didn’t fix the issue. Thank you for the advice though
@Ralzakark

I’ve tried this, but it didn’t fix the issue. Thank you for the advice though
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

. .
_ wizardry2.gif
@Wizardry

Have you tried the suggestions here?

Primarily the easiest first (disable display scaling on high DPI settings and Compatibility configuration) and skip the enable Adobe Flash thing because FR doesn't use Flash.

Odds are it has to do with Win10 "optimizing" your image sizes/resolution every time it updates. Despite your zoom settings being at 100% Win10 also has some over-rides that change that.

Another option is to mess around with the zoom in case it's an upscaling/downscaling issue between the site and your monitor size.

Alternately, disable all your add-ons/extensions and try a private browsing window to see if that helps. If it does it's something in the add-ons/extensions causing funkiness so updating/deleting/turning it off for FR might help.

Good luck!
@Wizardry

Have you tried the suggestions here?

Primarily the easiest first (disable display scaling on high DPI settings and Compatibility configuration) and skip the enable Adobe Flash thing because FR doesn't use Flash.

Odds are it has to do with Win10 "optimizing" your image sizes/resolution every time it updates. Despite your zoom settings being at 100% Win10 also has some over-rides that change that.

Another option is to mess around with the zoom in case it's an upscaling/downscaling issue between the site and your monitor size.

Alternately, disable all your add-ons/extensions and try a private browsing window to see if that helps. If it does it's something in the add-ons/extensions causing funkiness so updating/deleting/turning it off for FR might help.

Good luck!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
Thank you for that guide, it was helpful in trying to understand the issue. I was able to improve the Coli graphics by disabling high DPI scaling in Firefox properties - compatibility. However, this made everything other than the Coliseum look very blurry on Firefox, and the graphics are still not as clear as what I see using Chrome on the same computer. I believe that my system/Firefox is adjusting the Coliseum scaling differently than everything else I normally visit.

Looking at all of this, It seems like it's probably an issue mostly with my computer itself rather than Firefox. I'll probably just use Chrome whenever I want to go to the Coliseum on my laptop.

I would be interested to see if anybody else had a similar problem to know for sure if it was my computer to blame, but knowing how this thing performs, it seems pretty likely to me that it's the computer at fault lol
@Nightwind
Thank you for that guide, it was helpful in trying to understand the issue. I was able to improve the Coli graphics by disabling high DPI scaling in Firefox properties - compatibility. However, this made everything other than the Coliseum look very blurry on Firefox, and the graphics are still not as clear as what I see using Chrome on the same computer. I believe that my system/Firefox is adjusting the Coliseum scaling differently than everything else I normally visit.

Looking at all of this, It seems like it's probably an issue mostly with my computer itself rather than Firefox. I'll probably just use Chrome whenever I want to go to the Coliseum on my laptop.

I would be interested to see if anybody else had a similar problem to know for sure if it was my computer to blame, but knowing how this thing performs, it seems pretty likely to me that it's the computer at fault lol
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

. .
_ wizardry2.gif
@Wizardry

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but did you ever find a fix to this? I am experiencing the exact same issue on Firefox version 100.0
@Wizardry

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post, but did you ever find a fix to this? I am experiencing the exact same issue on Firefox version 100.0
Update: I've found that if you inspect element and disable the CSS for "image-rendering: optimizeSpeed" on the canvas element for the coli, it fixes the rendering.

I found a firefox extension that allows me to change this, which completely fixed the issue. I am unsure if I'm allowed to suggest 3rd party extensions here, but anyone can pm me for the name. Hope this helps someone!
Update: I've found that if you inspect element and disable the CSS for "image-rendering: optimizeSpeed" on the canvas element for the coli, it fixes the rendering.

I found a firefox extension that allows me to change this, which completely fixed the issue. I am unsure if I'm allowed to suggest 3rd party extensions here, but anyone can pm me for the name. Hope this helps someone!
@Leafalie
I haven’t found a solution yet but I will try that out, thanks for the ping!
@Leafalie
I haven’t found a solution yet but I will try that out, thanks for the ping!
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

. .
_ wizardry2.gif