Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Feeding error
When I fed my dragons this morning, I had to do so on three separate pages in order to feed them all. This was NOT because I fed one foodstuff at a time as I fed all four foodstuffs at once, NOR was it because I didn't have enough converted food stores as I have over 5000pts converted in each food category.

Anyways, not a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it, cuz it's weird.
When I fed my dragons this morning, I had to do so on three separate pages in order to feed them all. This was NOT because I fed one foodstuff at a time as I fed all four foodstuffs at once, NOR was it because I didn't have enough converted food stores as I have over 5000pts converted in each food category.

Anyways, not a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it, cuz it's weird.
m2YbpzO.png
@Koray
Not a bug - so long as you were feeding near one of the hunger drop times. To reduce server impact, hunger drops in batches over approximately 15 minutes. This can result in having to feed multiple times as the next back dropped in energy after you fed the last time.
@Koray
Not a bug - so long as you were feeding near one of the hunger drop times. To reduce server impact, hunger drops in batches over approximately 15 minutes. This can result in having to feed multiple times as the next back dropped in energy after you fed the last time.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
This was in the span of two minutes, some dragons had been fed, others not. The second and third feeding were approximately 6 secs apart. I'm not sure if that entirely matches your answer. But if it's not a bug, that's fine.
This was in the span of two minutes, some dragons had been fed, others not. The second and third feeding were approximately 6 secs apart. I'm not sure if that entirely matches your answer. But if it's not a bug, that's fine.
m2YbpzO.png
@Koray

Yep, not quite a bug. I answered this for another player who was feeding at around 08:00 server time with this:
Quote:
Based on the time you posted in Help it's likely a combination of:

Feeding between 08:00 and 08:15.

Site update lag between www.flightrising.com and www1.flightrising.com.

In order to reduce server lag dragon energy does not drop all at once at 08:00, 16:00 and 0:00. Instead it gets staggered by age and takes up to about 15 minutes based on server load.

The lair page where dragons are fed is on www1.flightrising.com but it displays information from www.flightrising.com as well. This can cause conflicting data to be displayed until the sites sync up.

The way this error usually happens is:

1. Dragon energy bar drops in the lair but has not yet dropped for all dragons server-side on both sites.

2. Player feeds lair but only dragons that have had their energy drop recorded are fed.

3. Dragon energy server-side drops for another group of dragons.

4. Lair reloads once feeding is complete and the group of dragons whose energy had not yet dropped in #1 show as still being hungry.

Repeat 2-4 until both sites update energy drops, dragons are fed after all energy drops and both sites update with full energy.

This is not to say it can't also be an error--feeding during this time can get lost because between both sites updating and everything else going on it can happen but it's not as likely.

I generally just avoid feeding in the 15 minutes or so after the above times to avoid this happening. Try feeding outside of that time to see if it happens again. That would definitely be a bug and should be reported in a Contact Us.

Hope this helps!
@Koray

Yep, not quite a bug. I answered this for another player who was feeding at around 08:00 server time with this:
Quote:
Based on the time you posted in Help it's likely a combination of:

Feeding between 08:00 and 08:15.

Site update lag between www.flightrising.com and www1.flightrising.com.

In order to reduce server lag dragon energy does not drop all at once at 08:00, 16:00 and 0:00. Instead it gets staggered by age and takes up to about 15 minutes based on server load.

The lair page where dragons are fed is on www1.flightrising.com but it displays information from www.flightrising.com as well. This can cause conflicting data to be displayed until the sites sync up.

The way this error usually happens is:

1. Dragon energy bar drops in the lair but has not yet dropped for all dragons server-side on both sites.

2. Player feeds lair but only dragons that have had their energy drop recorded are fed.

3. Dragon energy server-side drops for another group of dragons.

4. Lair reloads once feeding is complete and the group of dragons whose energy had not yet dropped in #1 show as still being hungry.

Repeat 2-4 until both sites update energy drops, dragons are fed after all energy drops and both sites update with full energy.

This is not to say it can't also be an error--feeding during this time can get lost because between both sites updating and everything else going on it can happen but it's not as likely.

I generally just avoid feeding in the 15 minutes or so after the above times to avoid this happening. Try feeding outside of that time to see if it happens again. That would definitely be a bug and should be reported in a Contact Us.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind
Yes. Thank you.
@Nightwind
Yes. Thank you.
m2YbpzO.png