Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Desktop Makes Ancients Baby Sized
Browsers: Chrome 81.0.4044 (Mobile) Firefox 76.0.1 (64 bit) (Desktop) Okay so this one is perhaps less pressing than some other bugs but I figured I may as well bring it up. There seems to be a glitch with the desktop viewing of Ancient breeds' Length/Wingspan/Weight; this was first noticed by a friend of mine (Dragoneko) when we were trying to determine average Banescale size. She observed that my dragons (all are affected but Sehnsucht will be my example) appeared significantly smaller to her than they did to me. Her screenshot: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464618501554831363/715329146208911451/Size_of_Bane_Baby.png[/img] So I looked at the same dragon on Mobile Chrome and got this screenshot: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464618501554831363/715328765965631549/Screenshot_20200527-182059_Chrome.jpg[/img] "Well that's weird," we decided at the same time, and I linked this Banescale to the Plague Discord chat and asked which one they saw. All of them saw the tiny version and after a bit of experimenting (Gaolers also seem to be affected) we concluded that the people seeing the Banescales as tiny were all viewing them on desktop. So I checked my Bane on Desktop and got this screenshot: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464618501554831363/715336268426510396/SehnsuchtBug.png[/img] So our current theory is that Desktops are somehow not processing the growth of Ancient breeds from hatchling and are still displaying the Length/Wingspan/Weight of their hatchling selves. They seem to be usually displaying properly on mobile, but there are a few exceptions: - Slash, another friend's Banescale, seems to display its L/W/W as too small on mobile as well on desktop ( https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=459542&tab=dragon&did=57380258 ) - Several Banescales owned by complete strangers seem to display normally on both desktop and mobile. This may be because of my following observation, which is: - Not all Banescales seem to be affected: Banes I bought as adults (like my Reeve) or used a scroll on to turn into Banescales (like my Avelyn and Nikto) display normally. Several that I hatched in my own lair and/or bought as hatchlings do not have this problem for reasons that are unclear, but just about every dragon I purchased as a hatchling on the first page of my lair seems to. Again, other people's Banes and some Gaolers do seem to have this bug as well. - Affected dragons viewed on Desktop do seem to be the same dragons between users. Sorry I can't be any more help! This bug is maybe a little funny and probably mostly harmless but this is the most I could deduce on my own with a couple of friends. Thank you, Devs! Edit: Fixed links
Browsers:
Chrome 81.0.4044 (Mobile)
Firefox 76.0.1 (64 bit) (Desktop)

Okay so this one is perhaps less pressing than some other bugs but I figured I may as well bring it up. There seems to be a glitch with the desktop viewing of Ancient breeds' Length/Wingspan/Weight; this was first noticed by a friend of mine (Dragoneko) when we were trying to determine average Banescale size. She observed that my dragons (all are affected but Sehnsucht will be my example) appeared significantly smaller to her than they did to me.

Her screenshot:
Size_of_Bane_Baby.png

So I looked at the same dragon on Mobile Chrome and got this screenshot:
Screenshot_20200527-182059_Chrome.jpg

"Well that's weird," we decided at the same time, and I linked this Banescale to the Plague Discord chat and asked which one they saw. All of them saw the tiny version and after a bit of experimenting (Gaolers also seem to be affected) we concluded that the people seeing the Banescales as tiny were all viewing them on desktop. So I checked my Bane on Desktop and got this screenshot:
SehnsuchtBug.png

So our current theory is that Desktops are somehow not processing the growth of Ancient breeds from hatchling and are still displaying the Length/Wingspan/Weight of their hatchling selves. They seem to be usually displaying properly on mobile, but there are a few exceptions:

- Slash, another friend's Banescale, seems to display its L/W/W as too small on mobile as well on desktop ( https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=459542&tab=dragon&did=57380258 )
- Several Banescales owned by complete strangers seem to display normally on both desktop and mobile. This may be because of my following observation, which is:
- Not all Banescales seem to be affected: Banes I bought as adults (like my Reeve) or used a scroll on to turn into Banescales (like my Avelyn and Nikto) display normally. Several that I hatched in my own lair and/or bought as hatchlings do not have this problem for reasons that are unclear, but just about every dragon I purchased as a hatchling on the first page of my lair seems to. Again, other people's Banes and some Gaolers do seem to have this bug as well.
- Affected dragons viewed on Desktop do seem to be the same dragons between users.

Sorry I can't be any more help! This bug is maybe a little funny and probably mostly harmless but this is the most I could deduce on my own with a couple of friends. Thank you, Devs!

Edit: Fixed links
Pladge-37.png