Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [solved(?)] Vistas not in game database
Hi, I just looked trough the game database because I wanted to take a look at the non-achievable vistas like the kickstarter vistas, artist vistas, moderator vistas and so on. I didn't find them.

I went to the game database - items - speciality

It doesn't matter if I search for vistas or enter the name vista, they don't show. I didn't find them via the kickstarter chest contents either.

Luckily, I found many of them here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1458402

Thank you!
Hi, I just looked trough the game database because I wanted to take a look at the non-achievable vistas like the kickstarter vistas, artist vistas, moderator vistas and so on. I didn't find them.

I went to the game database - items - speciality

It doesn't matter if I search for vistas or enter the name vista, they don't show. I didn't find them via the kickstarter chest contents either.

Luckily, I found many of them here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1458402

Thank you!
- Sagittariuss -
w8o0xW1.png
@Sagittariuss
I don't know if this makes it not a bug, but It's probably because those vistas aren't actually items and the game database only contains items (and coliseum enemies and stages). All of those vistas are applied to the directly to the account (by staff or KS codes).
@Sagittariuss
I don't know if this makes it not a bug, but It's probably because those vistas aren't actually items and the game database only contains items (and coliseum enemies and stages). All of those vistas are applied to the directly to the account (by staff or KS codes).
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus Shouldn't they still be listed in the chest contents?

And curious questions: And are not vistas items of flight rising, regardless if they come pre-equipped?
Are not special vistas considered items because they have no standard sized icon and a tooltip? Don't they even have a FR item ID number?

And last, if this is the way it is meant to be, should I move over to the suggestions forum and make a little suggestion there about somehow adding these details to the chests, and delete this or change the title of this tread to solved?

Thank you!

edit: and doesn't not listing them in the game database kind of defy the reason for having it?
@Vendrus Shouldn't they still be listed in the chest contents?

And curious questions: And are not vistas items of flight rising, regardless if they come pre-equipped?
Are not special vistas considered items because they have no standard sized icon and a tooltip? Don't they even have a FR item ID number?

And last, if this is the way it is meant to be, should I move over to the suggestions forum and make a little suggestion there about somehow adding these details to the chests, and delete this or change the title of this tread to solved?

Thank you!

edit: and doesn't not listing them in the game database kind of defy the reason for having it?
- Sagittariuss -
w8o0xW1.png
@Sagittariuss
The KS vistas are not chest contents. They are automatically applied to your account upon redeeming the corresponding KS code, so they never existed as items like most vistas now do. They don't have tooltips, standard icons, item ID numbers, the ability to show them via the item code, or anything else because these particular vistas just do not exist as items. They don't drop from chests, they never go into your hoard, they are instantly applied as soon as the code is redeemed.

You can suggest it if you want, however it would require changing how these vistas work since they literally do not exist as items.
@Sagittariuss
The KS vistas are not chest contents. They are automatically applied to your account upon redeeming the corresponding KS code, so they never existed as items like most vistas now do. They don't have tooltips, standard icons, item ID numbers, the ability to show them via the item code, or anything else because these particular vistas just do not exist as items. They don't drop from chests, they never go into your hoard, they are instantly applied as soon as the code is redeemed.

You can suggest it if you want, however it would require changing how these vistas work since they literally do not exist as items.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Sagittariuss
The item IDs are tied to the icons, which are in effect the items. They don't have an FR item ID number, only a vista number (which is a separate sequence of just vistas).

The other reason they wouldn't be listed as chest contents is because they don't come in the chest. Redeeming the KS code gets you the vista, not opening the chest.

If you're going to make a suggestion post, I'd suggest adding a Vista section to the game database! Staff don't seem to have a problem with more 'niche' non-item sections, and this does sound like an oversight. Making a separate section rather than having to find some weird workaround to make them items would also probably be easier to develop!
@Sagittariuss
The item IDs are tied to the icons, which are in effect the items. They don't have an FR item ID number, only a vista number (which is a separate sequence of just vistas).

The other reason they wouldn't be listed as chest contents is because they don't come in the chest. Redeeming the KS code gets you the vista, not opening the chest.

If you're going to make a suggestion post, I'd suggest adding a Vista section to the game database! Staff don't seem to have a problem with more 'niche' non-item sections, and this does sound like an oversight. Making a separate section rather than having to find some weird workaround to make them items would also probably be easier to develop!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
There are no items for kickstarter vistas. The chests are unique code from when the game opened. The act of opening the chest assigned the vista, as this was pre-vistas-as-items in the time that it was around!
There are no items for kickstarter vistas. The chests are unique code from when the game opened. The act of opening the chest assigned the vista, as this was pre-vistas-as-items in the time that it was around!
@Undel
I've always been told by people who redeemed the codes & opened chests that redeeming the code assigned the vista, not opening the chest. I've also seen people with the vistas applied selling their KS chests.

Are they supposed to be applied upon opening the chest? In which case, I think there is and always has been a bug where they're being applied upon redeeming the code instead.
@Undel
I've always been told by people who redeemed the codes & opened chests that redeeming the code assigned the vista, not opening the chest. I've also seen people with the vistas applied selling their KS chests.

Are they supposed to be applied upon opening the chest? In which case, I think there is and always has been a bug where they're being applied upon redeeming the code instead.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Nesu I found this auction thread that confirms the Kickstarter vistas are obtained from redeeming the code: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/1429425]Kickstarter Chest Auction[/url] [quote]A note: This does NOT COME WITH CODES. This is JUST the chests; the vistas are already mine.[/quote]
@Nesu

I found this auction thread that confirms the Kickstarter vistas are obtained from redeeming the code:

Kickstarter Chest Auction
Quote:
A note: This does NOT COME WITH CODES. This is JUST the chests; the vistas are already mine.
@Maki
Thanks for looking into it! I had no idea how it worked. I'll snip the Game Database comments for the Treasure Chests about the vistas for now.
@Maki
Thanks for looking into it! I had no idea how it worked. I'll snip the Game Database comments for the Treasure Chests about the vistas for now.
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery