Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | 400 bad request error?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
WELL... chrome version 80.0.3987.149 on windows 10...

incognito mode with extensions enabled, I've been logged in and using the same instance for 24 hours now, mostly just letting the browser sit open and going to check on baldwin. so, playing normal. no 400 errors at all.

started a chrome normal browser, had a 400 error (from friday, which prompted me to open an incognito tab instead of fighting with cookies...) cleared cookies and turned off every single extension, started playing normal, came back like a half hour later and clicked the forum link and it went to a 400 error.

:T
WELL... chrome version 80.0.3987.149 on windows 10...

incognito mode with extensions enabled, I've been logged in and using the same instance for 24 hours now, mostly just letting the browser sit open and going to check on baldwin. so, playing normal. no 400 errors at all.

started a chrome normal browser, had a 400 error (from friday, which prompted me to open an incognito tab instead of fighting with cookies...) cleared cookies and turned off every single extension, started playing normal, came back like a half hour later and clicked the forum link and it went to a 400 error.

:T
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I just had an error (with the dragon holding a sign) pop up while transmuting.
I just had an error (with the dragon holding a sign) pop up while transmuting.
been having the same problem here for the past three days. glad to hear incognito mode works 'cause I'm sick of having to re-log in.
been having the same problem here for the past three days. glad to hear incognito mode works 'cause I'm sick of having to re-log in.
IB7Plwf.png
Hi! I am also having this issue.

My error is 400, and this is happening to me only in Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop. Chrome is working fine on my phone.

I have tried clearing cookies and trying to get in, and that did not work (even temporarily!) for me. I have Ghostery and Privacy Badger as extensions. Upon uninstalling them, clearing cookies and trying to use Chrome to get to the main page, I still get the 400 error. Like others here, this appears to only be an issue with www1 URLs and incognito mode seems to have no issues.

I am currently using Firefox with the same extensions I had on Chrome (and these are enabled!) and I am having no issue browsing the site.

This is with Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I should mention I am having issues with many websites, not just Flight Rising, so I think that this might be something with the browser.
Hi! I am also having this issue.

My error is 400, and this is happening to me only in Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop. Chrome is working fine on my phone.

I have tried clearing cookies and trying to get in, and that did not work (even temporarily!) for me. I have Ghostery and Privacy Badger as extensions. Upon uninstalling them, clearing cookies and trying to use Chrome to get to the main page, I still get the 400 error. Like others here, this appears to only be an issue with www1 URLs and incognito mode seems to have no issues.

I am currently using Firefox with the same extensions I had on Chrome (and these are enabled!) and I am having no issue browsing the site.

This is with Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I should mention I am having issues with many websites, not just Flight Rising, so I think that this might be something with the browser.
gu5ClSA.png
pony
GxXqMtQ.png
Cyxh1YN.png
KgkXg4R.png
I celebrated too early. A couple days later and the issue has returned for me, albeit less aggressive. No specific error messages this time, just error 400.

Browser: Brave 1.5.115
Device & OS: Desktop, Windows 8.1
Internet Connection Type: Wired home network, DSL
Antivirus Installed: MBAM, Kaspersky SC

• www1 URLs as far as I can see
  • Ghostery's still disabled.
  • It mostly happens at Baldwin for me.
  • Clearing cookies isn't always necessary
  • I do use NordVPN.

Hope it helps!
I celebrated too early. A couple days later and the issue has returned for me, albeit less aggressive. No specific error messages this time, just error 400.

Browser: Brave 1.5.115
Device & OS: Desktop, Windows 8.1
Internet Connection Type: Wired home network, DSL
Antivirus Installed: MBAM, Kaspersky SC

• www1 URLs as far as I can see
  • Ghostery's still disabled.
  • It mostly happens at Baldwin for me.
  • Clearing cookies isn't always necessary
  • I do use NordVPN.

Hope it helps!
Hello all,

I have an idea of something we might be able to do for you all to help narrow down this problem. We are going to work on it today. More updates will follow when we have something available to test!
Hello all,

I have an idea of something we might be able to do for you all to help narrow down this problem. We are going to work on it today. More updates will follow when we have something available to test!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Okay, we have a tool that will hopefully help us work closer to a solution to this! [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/cookie-test]Please click this link to visit the Cookie Test Page.[/url][/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/cookietest3.png[/img] This page displays a few pieces of info: [LIST=1] [*][b]Logged In[/b]: So you don't have to screencap the whole page to show login state. [*][b]Overall Cookie Header Size[/b]: As this approaches 7,000+ bytes the chance of a 400 increases. [*][b]Primary Login Cookie Size[/b]: Shows size of primary cookie or "Not Present" if it is not present. [*][b]Auxiliary Login Cookie Count[/b]: Shows how many auxiliary login cookies there are. This should be at most 1, but I expect for many affected players it is larger. [/LIST] There is also a button: [LIST] [*][b]Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies[/b]: Clicking this button will [b]attempt to clear auxiliary cookies[/b] to reduce your cookie header size and delay an HTTP 400 error. [/LIST] Here is what I need the people who are experiencing this problem to do: [LIST=1] [*]Ensure you are logged in. [*]Copy+paste into your reply what the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/cookie-test]cookie test page[/url][/b] currently displays for you. [*]If your "Auxiliary Login Cookie Count" is greater than 1, click the "Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies" button and copy+paste into your reply the test page's contents afterwards. [*]Please visit the following URL by [b]copy and pasting it[/b] into your browser, NOT clicking it: [b]http://www1.flightrising.[/b][b]com/site/cookie-test[/b] (note HTTP not HTTPS!) and copy+paste the test page's contents into your reply. [/LIST] This will help us narrow down the issue significantly. Additionally, until we have this fixed permanently, you can visit this page from time to time and [b]click the Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies button[/b] to delay a 400 for longer, or [b]observe the Auxiliary Login Cookie Count[/b] to see if you can isolate what activities on the site cause it to increase. Again, if you are getting 400s and cannot access the site at all, please clear your cookies.
Okay, we have a tool that will hopefully help us work closer to a solution to this!

Please click this link to visit the Cookie Test Page.

cookietest3.png

This page displays a few pieces of info:
  1. Logged In: So you don't have to screencap the whole page to show login state.
  2. Overall Cookie Header Size: As this approaches 7,000+ bytes the chance of a 400 increases.
  3. Primary Login Cookie Size: Shows size of primary cookie or "Not Present" if it is not present.
  4. Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: Shows how many auxiliary login cookies there are. This should be at most 1, but I expect for many affected players it is larger.
There is also a button:
  • Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies: Clicking this button will attempt to clear auxiliary cookies to reduce your cookie header size and delay an HTTP 400 error.

Here is what I need the people who are experiencing this problem to do:
  1. Ensure you are logged in.
  2. Copy+paste into your reply what the cookie test page currently displays for you.
  3. If your "Auxiliary Login Cookie Count" is greater than 1, click the "Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies" button and copy+paste into your reply the test page's contents afterwards.
  4. Please visit the following URL by copy and pasting it into your browser, NOT clicking it: http://www1.flightrising.com/site/cookie-test (note HTTP not HTTPS!) and copy+paste the test page's contents into your reply.

This will help us narrow down the issue significantly.

Additionally, until we have this fixed permanently, you can visit this page from time to time and click the Clear Excess Auxiliary Cookies button to delay a 400 for longer, or observe the Auxiliary Login Cookie Count to see if you can isolate what activities on the site cause it to increase.

Again, if you are getting 400s and cannot access the site at all, please clear your cookies.
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Before:
Quote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 13:28:04
Logged In: Yes
Overall Cookie Header Size: 7,118 bytes
Primary Login Cookie Size: 348 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 7

After:
Quote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 13:29:28
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,466 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 1

I'll see how it goes and check back later!
Before:
Quote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 13:28:04
Overall Cookie Header Size: 7,118 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 7

After:
Quote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 13:29:28
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,466 bytes

I'll see how it goes and check back later!
[quote="before"]Timestamp: 2020-03-25 15:52:05 Logged In: Yes Overall Cookie Header Size: 2,359 bytes Primary Login Cookie Size: 348 bytes Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 2[/quote] [quote="after"]Timestamp: 2020-03-25 15:52:29 Logged In: Yes Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,436 bytes Primary Login Cookie Size: 352 bytes Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 1[/quote]
before wrote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 15:52:05
Overall Cookie Header Size: 2,359 bytes
Auxiliary Login Cookie Count: 2
after wrote:
Timestamp: 2020-03-25 15:52:29
Overall Cookie Header Size: 1,436 bytes
Primary Login Cookie Size: 352 bytes
tried to get to cookie page on chrome, got a 400 error. Cleared all cookies, had to re-login. Went to the test page, and had 4 login cookie count, took a screenshot, hit the clear cookies button, and then accidentally copied something else to my clipboard before I pasted the screenshot anywhere. So. WOOPS. Screenshot after clearing cookies: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d1746adb59a522e7caad7662354df0cb.png[/img] fed dragons, enabled crim's bad habits, clicked around in the forums doing nothing important. realized I had logged in to FR on firefox as well, but that was sitting on my lair page, and I didn't refresh or click anything else. Just kinda let firefox sit there. This is the first time in... months? I've had firefox open. For the past week, I've been getting 400 errors and didn't even have firefox installed on my computer, so I assumed firefox being open wasn't going to contribute any problems I wasn't already having. Left the site open in a tab and opened reddit in a new tab. At this point, I have 1 tab on this thread, opened and message half typed. I have 1 tab on cookie page (from previous screenshot). I have one tab on forums. Came back, eeeeh, 45? minutes later? Maybe longer. Time is imaginary when reddit is infinite scroll. From the tab I had on the forums, I clicked on Flight Rising Discussion. It loaded and I found out that I had been logged out. That's the first time that happened! I did the cookie page anyways. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d34cd893538caa0a5ffd89d6c5b175d9.png[/img] Clicked "log in" from the FRD forum page, logged in. Did cookie test in the cookie tab I had already opened. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/0765c7d7c939c6df81ace5d4b6fdd978.png[/img] Came back to first tab with this thread, added this info, posted it. Edit 1: Going to sleep now, without closing chrome. I'm expecting tomorrow to wake up to a 400 error, as that's what's been happening until I got frustrated and just opened a incognito window. edit 2: Which, I have not done a cookie test on, this was all normal chrome. But incognito I was able to keep up and bopping back and forth from FR to other sites and back for 3 days and nights between without any 400 errors. edit 3: Submit edit #2, and then immediately did one last cookie test in order to see how it was going. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/b7869039cc15257d633689806d004cf9.png[/img] [i]pretty good, it doesn't seem.[/i] Took screenshot of edgar, including my horrendous abuse of tabs (three FR at the end!) and went to firefox to type up edit 3. I assume I was logged in seconds before visiting cookies page, because the edit went through no problem. I can't clear login cookies via button now, because, no button. Tomorrow I can clear all my cookies and maybe google how to clear JUST FR cookies because I'm getting annoyed having to keep logging in to every site I visit just to visit FR.
tried to get to cookie page on chrome, got a 400 error.

Cleared all cookies, had to re-login.
Went to the test page, and had 4 login cookie count, took a screenshot, hit the clear cookies button, and then accidentally copied something else to my clipboard before I pasted the screenshot anywhere. So. WOOPS.

Screenshot after clearing cookies:
d1746adb59a522e7caad7662354df0cb.png

fed dragons, enabled crim's bad habits, clicked around in the forums doing nothing important. realized I had logged in to FR on firefox as well, but that was sitting on my lair page, and I didn't refresh or click anything else. Just kinda let firefox sit there. This is the first time in... months? I've had firefox open. For the past week, I've been getting 400 errors and didn't even have firefox installed on my computer, so I assumed firefox being open wasn't going to contribute any problems I wasn't already having. Left the site open in a tab and opened reddit in a new tab. At this point, I have 1 tab on this thread, opened and message half typed. I have 1 tab on cookie page (from previous screenshot). I have one tab on forums.

Came back, eeeeh, 45? minutes later? Maybe longer. Time is imaginary when reddit is infinite scroll.

From the tab I had on the forums, I clicked on Flight Rising Discussion. It loaded and I found out that I had been logged out. That's the first time that happened! I did the cookie page anyways.

d34cd893538caa0a5ffd89d6c5b175d9.png

Clicked "log in" from the FRD forum page, logged in. Did cookie test in the cookie tab I had already opened.

0765c7d7c939c6df81ace5d4b6fdd978.png

Came back to first tab with this thread, added this info, posted it.

Edit 1: Going to sleep now, without closing chrome. I'm expecting tomorrow to wake up to a 400 error, as that's what's been happening until I got frustrated and just opened a incognito window.

edit 2: Which, I have not done a cookie test on, this was all normal chrome. But incognito I was able to keep up and bopping back and forth from FR to other sites and back for 3 days and nights between without any 400 errors.

edit 3: Submit edit #2, and then immediately did one last cookie test in order to see how it was going.
b7869039cc15257d633689806d004cf9.png
pretty good, it doesn't seem.

Took screenshot of edgar, including my horrendous abuse of tabs (three FR at the end!) and went to firefox to type up edit 3. I assume I was logged in seconds before visiting cookies page, because the edit went through no problem. I can't clear login cookies via button now, because, no button.
Tomorrow I can clear all my cookies and maybe google how to clear JUST FR cookies because I'm getting annoyed having to keep logging in to every site I visit just to visit FR.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10