Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | 400 bad request error?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I've found it seems to only happen on www1 pages, and clearing ONLY flight rising www1 cookies usually temporarily fixes it.

Also, for everyone who sees this: are you using the ghostery extension?
It's really hard to tell since the time it takes for this to happen seems to vary a lot, but I've been trying to test extensions 1 by 1, and so far it seems to happen fastest when ghostery is on.

@VeiledOverdose
Out of curiosity, has that been one continuous, never closed, single incognito session? Or are you closing and reopening it frequently?

If it's some sort of problem with cookies, then reopening incognito mode would probably keep you from seeing it since each time you close it it clears cookies. So we'd need a single long term open incognito session to know if it doesn't happen there.
I've found it seems to only happen on www1 pages, and clearing ONLY flight rising www1 cookies usually temporarily fixes it.

Also, for everyone who sees this: are you using the ghostery extension?
It's really hard to tell since the time it takes for this to happen seems to vary a lot, but I've been trying to test extensions 1 by 1, and so far it seems to happen fastest when ghostery is on.

@VeiledOverdose
Out of curiosity, has that been one continuous, never closed, single incognito session? Or are you closing and reopening it frequently?

If it's some sort of problem with cookies, then reopening incognito mode would probably keep you from seeing it since each time you close it it clears cookies. So we'd need a single long term open incognito session to know if it doesn't happen there.
Wua5ROf.png
@Hawkfeather

I've been closing my browsers for the night when I go to bed, so it's not always open, but it is open for 12+ hours at a time.

Also Ghostery was the most recent extension I turned off, but when I did, that was when I decided to start using incognito mode completely so I haven't actually tried it for a significant amount of time.
@Hawkfeather

I've been closing my browsers for the night when I go to bed, so it's not always open, but it is open for 12+ hours at a time.

Also Ghostery was the most recent extension I turned off, but when I did, that was when I decided to start using incognito mode completely so I haven't actually tried it for a significant amount of time.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I'd like to emphasize the fact that it's not a windows 10 issue or a Chrome issue specifically, even though people have been saying this.

However, it may be an issue with Chromium. I don't use Chrome nor do I use Windows 10, yet I'm having the same issues.

I'll check whether it's some shield or extension that's causing the issue. I've also noticed that I'm having similar issues with other websites (deviantart as an example) only they're 403 errors. Makes me wonder if it's a Chromium update that may be causing all this?

ETA: Will be checking if Ghostery is causing the issues.
ETA 2: Issue still occurs when Ghostery is paused.
I'd like to emphasize the fact that it's not a windows 10 issue or a Chrome issue specifically, even though people have been saying this.

However, it may be an issue with Chromium. I don't use Chrome nor do I use Windows 10, yet I'm having the same issues.

I'll check whether it's some shield or extension that's causing the issue. I've also noticed that I'm having similar issues with other websites (deviantart as an example) only they're 403 errors. Makes me wonder if it's a Chromium update that may be causing all this?

ETA: Will be checking if Ghostery is causing the issues.
ETA 2: Issue still occurs when Ghostery is paused.
Hello all,

We have a theory as to what is going on. It seems likely that the size of your browser's requests to our servers is bigger than the default limit we accept. In particular it seems likely that this is due to a large quantity of cookies being sent with the request. This seems consistent with peoples' descriptions of it taking a while to happen again after clearing cookies, and not happening as frequently (or at all) in incognito mode, as well as the forced logout (if some layer is dropping the login cookie due to space limits.)

To help us narrow this down -- does this ever occur when the URL does not have a www1 in it? If it happens to you please check the URL in your browser and let me know if it ever happens on a non-www1 page, because that would let us know if we are doing something wrong or if it is cookies from another source (e.g. advertisements.)
Hello all,

We have a theory as to what is going on. It seems likely that the size of your browser's requests to our servers is bigger than the default limit we accept. In particular it seems likely that this is due to a large quantity of cookies being sent with the request. This seems consistent with peoples' descriptions of it taking a while to happen again after clearing cookies, and not happening as frequently (or at all) in incognito mode, as well as the forced logout (if some layer is dropping the login cookie due to space limits.)

To help us narrow this down -- does this ever occur when the URL does not have a www1 in it? If it happens to you please check the URL in your browser and let me know if it ever happens on a non-www1 page, because that would let us know if we are doing something wrong or if it is cookies from another source (e.g. advertisements.)
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Just an update, we believe we are able to reproduce the 400 issue. It seems likely it is a secondary effect of repeatedly losing your login session. Why the session is being lost in these cases is not currently clear.

Are most of you that are experiencing the 400s also experiencing unexpected logouts?
Just an update, we believe we are able to reproduce the 400 issue. It seems likely it is a secondary effect of repeatedly losing your login session. Why the session is being lost in these cases is not currently clear.

Are most of you that are experiencing the 400s also experiencing unexpected logouts?

[quote name="Mutron" date="2020-03-20 07:51:22" ] Hello all, We have a theory as to what is going on. It seems likely that the size of your browser's requests to our servers is bigger than the default limit we accept. In particular it seems likely that this is due to a large quantity of cookies being sent with the request. This seems consistent with peoples' descriptions of it taking a while to happen again after clearing cookies, and not happening as frequently (or at all) in incognito mode, as well as the forced logout (if some layer is dropping the login cookie due to space limits.) To help us narrow this down -- does this ever occur when the URL does not have a www1 in it? If it happens to you please check the URL in your browser and let me know if it ever happens on a non-www1 page, because that would let us know if we are doing something wrong or if it is cookies from another source (e.g. advertisements.) [/quote] It appears (for me at least) to only affect www1 pages...If I google [i]Flight Rising[/i] and click links to send me to a certain spot I can get on to flight rising if it doesn't have a www1 url. (right now if I'm not incognito it can't get to the home page, lair, or log-in). From there though I can't do anything because I am not logged in. Anything with a ww1 url gives me the 404 error message when I click the link when I google [i]Flight Rising. [/i] [quote name="Mutron" date="2020-03-20 09:19:52" ] Just an update, we believe we are able to reproduce the 400 issue. It seems likely it is a secondary effect of repeatedly losing your login session. Why the session is being lost in these cases is not currently clear. Are most of you that are experiencing the 400s also experiencing unexpected logouts? [/quote] Yes I am experiencing unexpected logouts.
Mutron wrote on 2020-03-20 07:51:22:
Hello all,

It appears (for me at least) to only affect www1 pages...If I google Flight Rising and click links to send me to a certain spot I can get on to flight rising if it doesn't have a www1 url. (right now if I'm not incognito it can't get to the home page, lair, or log-in). From there though I can't do anything because I am not logged in. Anything with a ww1 url gives me the 404 error message when I click the link when I google Flight Rising.
Mutron wrote on 2020-03-20 09:19:52:

Yes I am experiencing unexpected logouts.
8pUXRV3.pngEypKCgu.png5aTXnyW.pngE4TsE7N.png
tn0RSo5.pngMUYNhfy.png
In my case it also happens on other than www1 pages, especially in Coliseum (it happened at least twice).

And yes, the site logs me out. Then, when I'm trying to log back, the 400 error pops out.
In my case it also happens on other than www1 pages, especially in Coliseum (it happened at least twice).

And yes, the site logs me out. Then, when I'm trying to log back, the 400 error pops out.
6veVs0O.png4DqQy0d.pngjDH4oZy.pngEYwhnj1.png50Cjsbf.pngB26R2.png .
“Stars, everywhere.
So many stars that I could not for the life of me understand
how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.”
~ P.Watts 'Blindsight'
[quote name="Ahriman" date="2020-03-20 09:53:43" ] In my case it also happens on other than www1 pages, especially in Coliseum (it happened at least twice). [/quote] @Ahriman What are you doing right before this happens in Coliseum? Are you navigating to a different part of Coliseum? Or does it pop up mid battle?
Ahriman wrote on 2020-03-20 09:53:43:

@Ahriman
What are you doing right before this happens in Coliseum? Are you navigating to a different part of Coliseum? Or does it pop up mid battle?

The first time was when captcha showed up. The images were gone so I refreshed the site, then it logged me out and the error showed up.

Second time I was grinding for about half an hour in Mire. I won and tried to continue session when the site just logged me out and the error showed up.

Each time I had to clean cookies and cache, otherwise I would still see the error.

Also, sometimes when I remain idle for a longer time the site just logs me out without showing error and I can log back without problem. It happend right now as I was writing this.
The first time was when captcha showed up. The images were gone so I refreshed the site, then it logged me out and the error showed up.

Second time I was grinding for about half an hour in Mire. I won and tried to continue session when the site just logged me out and the error showed up.

Each time I had to clean cookies and cache, otherwise I would still see the error.

Also, sometimes when I remain idle for a longer time the site just logs me out without showing error and I can log back without problem. It happend right now as I was writing this.
6veVs0O.png4DqQy0d.pngjDH4oZy.pngEYwhnj1.png50Cjsbf.pngB26R2.png .
“Stars, everywhere.
So many stars that I could not for the life of me understand
how the sky could contain them all yet be so black.”
~ P.Watts 'Blindsight'
I'm also getting this problem to and it's really frustrating to come back to an error if i move to a new page or go back to a previous one, I hope it gets fixed.

I'd also like to mention that it likes to have me logged in on one portion but forgets i'm logged in on another so I have to log in twice to even get anything done.
I'm also getting this problem to and it's really frustrating to come back to an error if i move to a new page or go back to a previous one, I hope it gets fixed.

I'd also like to mention that it likes to have me logged in on one portion but forgets i'm logged in on another so I have to log in twice to even get anything done.
vista_ridge2.png-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --bouncy_lightning_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v9.gif-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --vista_ridge2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10