Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Purchase Premium Service Banner
Hello, I'm currently staying at a hotel in the USA and am using their free wi-fi. On ONLY the Flight Rising website and no other website, I am getting a constant banner on the top of the screen telling me to click there to sign out and purchase premium service, or to call customer support at an 877 area code number. Is there any reason why this is only happening on the FR website and nowhere else?

I am using Google Chrome, and am willing to PM or email an FR staff member a screenshot (I don't think the phone number is hotel specific but I also don't necessarily want to give anyone the potential ability to find me irl).
Hello, I'm currently staying at a hotel in the USA and am using their free wi-fi. On ONLY the Flight Rising website and no other website, I am getting a constant banner on the top of the screen telling me to click there to sign out and purchase premium service, or to call customer support at an 877 area code number. Is there any reason why this is only happening on the FR website and nowhere else?

I am using Google Chrome, and am willing to PM or email an FR staff member a screenshot (I don't think the phone number is hotel specific but I also don't necessarily want to give anyone the potential ability to find me irl).
MuzBh7y.png

@solroxies

Report bad ads here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2760032
@solroxies

Report bad ads here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2760032
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2019-10-17 23:20:22" ] Report bad ads here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2760032 [/quote] Here's the thing - it doesn't seem like it's an ad. It's not in a placement where FR ads have ever been, it's a banner at the top of the page directly below the website bar.
SeaCrest wrote on 2019-10-17 23:20:22:

Here's the thing - it doesn't seem like it's an ad. It's not in a placement where FR ads have ever been, it's a banner at the top of the page directly below the website bar.
MuzBh7y.png

@solroxies

Bad ads can show up anywhere - that's part of why they're bad ads. They push beyond the limits of what FR has set up for ad placement, or they show inappropriate content, or they autoplay music/video, etc.

Even if it's not an ad, it's not likely a bug on FR's part. You can try doing a virus scan, and/or opening the site in a different browser.
@solroxies

Bad ads can show up anywhere - that's part of why they're bad ads. They push beyond the limits of what FR has set up for ad placement, or they show inappropriate content, or they autoplay music/video, etc.

Even if it's not an ad, it's not likely a bug on FR's part. You can try doing a virus scan, and/or opening the site in a different browser.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
@solroxies

Some places that offer "free" wifi, will actually have a "premium" wifi if you pay for it. The premium version will have better download/upload speeds. This sounds like your hotel is trying to get you to pay up for premium.

-EDIT: I just read your OP again, and it sounds like a bad ad got past the FR filters. I would report it in the forums.
@solroxies

Some places that offer "free" wifi, will actually have a "premium" wifi if you pay for it. The premium version will have better download/upload speeds. This sounds like your hotel is trying to get you to pay up for premium.

-EDIT: I just read your OP again, and it sounds like a bad ad got past the FR filters. I would report it in the forums.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png