Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | "Tab" key behaviour changed
1 2
Hello!

I am unsure whether this is a bug or intended. Since the maintenance, I have noticed that when a window pops up (for example when buying or selling something in the AH), the tab key doesn't have the same behaviour as before.
Instead of selecting a box in the pop up, tab selects an element of the background. Whereas before you could select "yes" when buying on the AH by pressing tab-tab-space, that is no longer possible.

I hope this is not an intended mechanic, as it makes things more tedious. For example, it was life-saving when attending a public buy/raffle during dominance conquests, where you can get a lot of private auctions very fast.

So, was it intended? (if so, I will be making a thread in the Suggestions forum)
Hello!

I am unsure whether this is a bug or intended. Since the maintenance, I have noticed that when a window pops up (for example when buying or selling something in the AH), the tab key doesn't have the same behaviour as before.
Instead of selecting a box in the pop up, tab selects an element of the background. Whereas before you could select "yes" when buying on the AH by pressing tab-tab-space, that is no longer possible.

I hope this is not an intended mechanic, as it makes things more tedious. For example, it was life-saving when attending a public buy/raffle during dominance conquests, where you can get a lot of private auctions very fast.

So, was it intended? (if so, I will be making a thread in the Suggestions forum)
2H1KHHC.png
I just noticed this too when I was in the AH. I hope it is not intended.
I just noticed this too when I was in the AH. I hope it is not intended.
PJgrBLH.png
Thank you for the report @Irien & @FlyingScales

Please try again and let me know if the purchase button is auto-selected when you click the buy button.

An upgrade to some underlying code has altered several areas of the site in this way. We are correcting these as we are made aware of them or they are reported.

Thanks!
Thank you for the report @Irien & @FlyingScales

Please try again and let me know if the purchase button is auto-selected when you click the buy button.

An upgrade to some underlying code has altered several areas of the site in this way. We are correcting these as we are made aware of them or they are reported.

Thanks!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora

It is working again for me! Thank you so much!
@Kaepora

It is working again for me! Thank you so much!
PJgrBLH.png
@Kaepora Piggybacking this thread because I and at least one other person are still having this issue; apologies if I wasn't supposed to ping OTL
Specifically, tab-space does not select the popup when:
Usually it would select Yes, but like Irien said, it's selecting elements in the page, not the popup. Clicking a popup makes it work, but that's an extra action that wasn't needed before.
edit: added URLs because what if i'm not clear enough
edit: tried PAing dragons, didn't like that
edit: i PA'd too many dragons and had to cancel some
@Kaepora Piggybacking this thread because I and at least one other person are still having this issue; apologies if I wasn't supposed to ping OTL
Specifically, tab-space does not select the popup when:
Usually it would select Yes, but like Irien said, it's selecting elements in the page, not the popup. Clicking a popup makes it work, but that's an extra action that wasn't needed before.
edit: added URLs because what if i'm not clear enough
edit: tried PAing dragons, didn't like that
edit: i PA'd too many dragons and had to cancel some
"That was a nice distraction."
"The time I was able to spend with you... It was like memories of pure light."
tumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jtp2T4U1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.png
"Sweet dreams. I'll be with you before long."
"That's how it's done."
Humans are the most irrational beings.

QBTY.pnggVbL.png
bH4wU.gif
@Kaepora
The issue was fixed for buying in the AH, thanks! However, in addition to Sadistic's remarks, the problem persists for the pop up that confirms something was bought in the AH (or at least in the case of dragons being bought).
@Kaepora
The issue was fixed for buying in the AH, thanks! However, in addition to Sadistic's remarks, the problem persists for the pop up that confirms something was bought in the AH (or at least in the case of dragons being bought).
2H1KHHC.png
@Irien @Sadistic

I've gone through quite a few of these and I believe they are now fixed (unfortunately I could not actually test every scenario myself without having, for example, expired auctions on hand)

Please let me know if these now work for you!
@Irien @Sadistic

I've gone through quite a few of these and I believe they are now fixed (unfortunately I could not actually test every scenario myself without having, for example, expired auctions on hand)

Please let me know if these now work for you!
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Kaepora Thank you, because four out of the six things were fixed! Relisting Expired Auctions and Relisting Recent History Auctions still select elements of the background rather than the popup, but it's extremely reassuring to know you're on the case!
@Kaepora Thank you, because four out of the six things were fixed! Relisting Expired Auctions and Relisting Recent History Auctions still select elements of the background rather than the popup, but it's extremely reassuring to know you're on the case!
"That was a nice distraction."
"The time I was able to spend with you... It was like memories of pure light."
tumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jt1Pqab1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jtp2T4U1s7z3me_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nr3jstm7lK1s7z3me_75sq.png
"Sweet dreams. I'll be with you before long."
"That's how it's done."
Humans are the most irrational beings.

QBTY.pnggVbL.png
bH4wU.gif
@Kaepora
Thank you! So far it's been working for me, but I haven't had the occasion to test all use cases yet! :)
@Kaepora
Thank you! So far it's been working for me, but I haven't had the occasion to test all use cases yet! :)
2H1KHHC.png
@Kaepora

At the moment, trying to relist from the Expired and Recent History pages still selects the background rather than the pop-up window when using Tab.

I use Opera, for what it's worth.
@Kaepora

At the moment, trying to relist from the Expired and Recent History pages still selects the background rather than the pop-up window when using Tab.

I use Opera, for what it's worth.
1 2