Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Firefox Quantum
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
Browser(s) Used: Firefox Quantum (57.0 64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Dell Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Internet Connection Type: Wireless (Xfinity Home Cable)
Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe

Describe the bug in detail:
Thus far, the coliseum is working as well as it always has on this laptop, which I've only had since the beginning of October. Everything's fast, and I haven't had any problems with animations or lagging. I haven't tried any fairgrounds games yet. The bug I have noticed is when I open my browser for the first time after it's been closed. I keep FR open in a tab, and since updating to Quantum, if I am on a category page (Forums, Auction House, Trading Post, etc.), instead of a specific sublevel page, that tab opens on a random dragon's page in my lair. Since it's upper level pages that are affected, this bug hasn't caused me to lose my place when bonding familiars or following a forum discussion or anything. It's just...odd.

Browser(s) Used: Firefox Quantum (57.0 64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Dell Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Internet Connection Type: Wireless (Xfinity Home Cable)
Antivirus Installed: McAfee LiveSafe

Thus far, the coliseum is working as well as it always has on this laptop, which I've only had since the beginning of October. Everything's fast, and I haven't had any problems with animations or lagging. I haven't tried any fairgrounds games yet. The bug I have noticed is when I open my browser for the first time after it's been closed. I keep FR open in a tab, and since updating to Quantum, if I am on a category page (Forums, Auction House, Trading Post, etc.), instead of a specific sublevel page, that tab opens on a random dragon's page in my lair. Since it's upper level pages that are affected, this bug hasn't caused me to lose my place when bonding familiars or following a forum discussion or anything. It's just...odd.

2r1O20i.pngJzHR8yv.pngSeafoam_Sidekicks_1.png2XA7Pb0.pngcMCOBAh.pngkummiW9.png
Browser(s) Used:
Firefox Quantum 57.0 (32-bit)
Device(s) Used
New Laptop
Device Operating System
Windows 10 Home v 1703
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

When I try to play Tidal Trouble, the screen suddenly starts to flash and won't stop till I've closed it or go to a different page. I actually had this problem before Quantum, using the previous Firefox version, too. Other games seem to work fine!

UPDATE: I also noticed that after this happens, when I switch a page in the site it briefly flashes a couple of times instead of just loading properly. If I completely close the browser and reload the site, it doesn't do that.

Browser(s) Used:
Device(s) Used
New Laptop
Device Operating System
Windows 10 Home v 1703
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

When I try to play Tidal Trouble, the screen suddenly starts to flash and won't stop till I've closed it or go to a different page. I actually had this problem before Quantum, using the previous Firefox version, too. Other games seem to work fine!

UPDATE: I also noticed that after this happens, when I switch a page in the site it briefly flashes a couple of times instead of just loading properly. If I completely close the browser and reload the site, it doesn't do that.

lGriifT.png
Browser Used:
Firefox Quantum (57.0 64-bit)
Device Used:
Desktop (All-in-One type of computer?)
Device Operating System:
Windows 10 Home
Internet Connection Type:
Wired - cable (home use)
Antivirus Installed
Panda Free Antivirus (18.01)

The Coliseum is a bit slow, but workable, in particular compared to how smoothly it ran before the browser update. (I was all the way back in an ancient 4X.X version of Firefox, finally decided to take the plunge and update as a safety precaution, just in case.)

The Fairgrounds work perfectly, with the only hiccup being that Tidal Trouble can't be muted.

The site in general is only slightly slower than in Google Chrome, but it's not bothersome.

(I don't know if I should mention this here, but lately Google Chrome (version 62.0.3202.94 -- 64 bits) is giving me the occasional "ranged magical attack causes performance drop" bug in the Coliseum, but otherwise the site works perfectly in all aspects.)
Browser Used:
Device Used:
Desktop (All-in-One type of computer?)
Device Operating System:
Windows 10 Home
Wired - cable (home use)
Antivirus Installed
Panda Free Antivirus (18.01)

The Coliseum is a bit slow, but workable, in particular compared to how smoothly it ran before the browser update. (I was all the way back in an ancient 4X.X version of Firefox, finally decided to take the plunge and update as a safety precaution, just in case.)

The Fairgrounds work perfectly, with the only hiccup being that Tidal Trouble can't be muted.

The site in general is only slightly slower than in Google Chrome, but it's not bothersome.

(I don't know if I should mention this here, but lately Google Chrome (version 62.0.3202.94 -- 64 bits) is giving me the occasional "ranged magical attack causes performance drop" bug in the Coliseum, but otherwise the site works perfectly in all aspects.)
So far no problem.
Windows 10 pro
"desktop" computer
wireless hotspot access.
So far no problem.
Windows 10 pro
"desktop" computer
wireless hotspot access.
Browser(s) Used:
Device(s) Used
New Laptop
Device Operating System
Windows 10 Home v 1703
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

Every time I attempt to transmute an item, it kicks my wifi card off for some reason. This happens occasionally when I do other things that aren't FR related, but this is definitely something that happens every time I transmute. My laptop stays connected but it's almost like this action kicks it over to airplane mode, so I suddenly have no internet access. I have to turn off my wifi and turn it back on, then refresh. Sometimes I still can't transmute so I have to repeat the process.

Ive also noticed that Tidal Trouble can't be muted.

Browser(s) Used:
Device(s) Used
New Laptop
Device Operating System
Windows 10 Home v 1703
Internet Connection Type
Wireless
Antivirus Installed
Windows Defender

Every time I attempt to transmute an item, it kicks my wifi card off for some reason. This happens occasionally when I do other things that aren't FR related, but this is definitely something that happens every time I transmute. My laptop stays connected but it's almost like this action kicks it over to airplane mode, so I suddenly have no internet access. I have to turn off my wifi and turn it back on, then refresh. Sometimes I still can't transmute so I have to repeat the process.

Ive also noticed that Tidal Trouble can't be muted.

lGriifT.png
Browser(s) Used:
Device(s) Used:
lenovo laptop
Device Operating System:
Windows 10
Wireless (Spectrum)
Antivirus Installed:
AVG

I'm unsure if it's correlated or not but the first instance was when I was in the Scrying workshop under the predict morphology feature. I was unable to really click on any of the drop down menus, more specifically any of the menus pertaining to color. The second instance was when I was attempting to select colors from the drop down menu in the auction house under the dragons tab. For both, no matter how many times I click it, the drop down menu refuses to cooperate and it might possibly show up for a brief second before disappearing.
Browser(s) Used:
Device(s) Used:
lenovo laptop
Device Operating System:
Windows 10
Wireless (Spectrum)
Antivirus Installed:
AVG

I'm unsure if it's correlated or not but the first instance was when I was in the Scrying workshop under the predict morphology feature. I was unable to really click on any of the drop down menus, more specifically any of the menus pertaining to color. The second instance was when I was attempting to select colors from the drop down menu in the auction house under the dragons tab. For both, no matter how many times I click it, the drop down menu refuses to cooperate and it might possibly show up for a brief second before disappearing.
wind.giftumblr_oszzy6Ypsc1v8lm95o2_100.png
Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum

Device(s) Used
Desktop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wired - Cable

Antivirus Installed
Avast

I am also having difficulties with Tidal Trouble after Firefox updated. I am experiencing a combo of issues that have already been reported in this thread. The music mute button is not working properly. The first few puzzles load fine, but get progressively slower and more laggy until the screen freezes. Refreshing usually helps some. However, today after playing for about 4-5 minutes, my screen began flashing (similar to a strobe light) and then my computer locked up. I had to hard boot it to get it to come back on.

I am not experiencing any other issues. The coli is actually loading and running a little faster than usual. Bonding with familiars is much faster as the individual pages are loading faster.

Browser(s) Used
Firefox Quantum

Device(s) Used
Desktop

Device Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wired - Cable

Antivirus Installed
Avast

I am also having difficulties with Tidal Trouble after Firefox updated. I am experiencing a combo of issues that have already been reported in this thread. The music mute button is not working properly. The first few puzzles load fine, but get progressively slower and more laggy until the screen freezes. Refreshing usually helps some. However, today after playing for about 4-5 minutes, my screen began flashing (similar to a strobe light) and then my computer locked up. I had to hard boot it to get it to come back on.

I am not experiencing any other issues. The coli is actually loading and running a little faster than usual. Bonding with familiars is much faster as the individual pages are loading faster.

3ckfYea.png 5o4JeLs.png unyXMRE.png
Using Windows 10 on Desktop, no issues so far. When Quantum is working properly, the site as a whole loads faster and feels smoother, including coli and fairgrounds (though I haven't spent much time in either).

However, Quantum seems to have a memory leak that causes it to slow down massively within an hour or two of use, by which point memory usage has swelled to 3-5GB. This is not restricted to FR and is definitely not FR's fault, I only mention it in case it has any bearing on your development.
Using Windows 10 on Desktop, no issues so far. When Quantum is working properly, the site as a whole loads faster and feels smoother, including coli and fairgrounds (though I haven't spent much time in either).

However, Quantum seems to have a memory leak that causes it to slow down massively within an hour or two of use, by which point memory usage has swelled to 3-5GB. This is not restricted to FR and is definitely not FR's fault, I only mention it in case it has any bearing on your development.
Browser Used
Firefox Quantum

Device Used
Desktop

Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless - Cable

Antivirus Installed
Avast 17.8.2318

I have the same memory leak issue with Tidal Trouble that others have mentioned: the game gets laggier until it freezes the browser and crashes out any other programs I have running (usually that's only Discord).

Most recently, my computer froze completely when I was nearly done with a hard jigsaw puzzle. I had to hard reset. The game hadn't been laggy before that point.

Those are the only games I've had issues with so far.
Browser Used
Firefox Quantum

Device Used
Desktop

Operating System
Windows 10

Internet Connection Type
Wireless - Cable

Antivirus Installed
Avast 17.8.2318

I have the same memory leak issue with Tidal Trouble that others have mentioned: the game gets laggier until it freezes the browser and crashes out any other programs I have running (usually that's only Discord).

Most recently, my computer froze completely when I was nearly done with a hard jigsaw puzzle. I had to hard reset. The game hadn't been laggy before that point.

Those are the only games I've had issues with so far.

Using the new Firefox here! I noticed when I try to list something on the auction house, if I try to copy the previously listed price so I can list my own a bit cheaper, it tends to automatically paste with a space before the numerical amount, which doesn't allow me to list it right away (I need to delete the space, and then list the auction) Chrome didn't seem to have this issue, not sure if it is an 'issue' at all, but perhaps you might like to know!

Using the new Firefox here! I noticed when I try to list something on the auction house, if I try to copy the previously listed price so I can list my own a bit cheaper, it tends to automatically paste with a space before the numerical amount, which doesn't allow me to list it right away (I need to delete the space, and then list the auction) Chrome didn't seem to have this issue, not sure if it is an 'issue' at all, but perhaps you might like to know!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11