Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Firefox Quantum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
My system is almost identical to Yunimori above with the exception of Win 7 and desktop machine.

Quantum is nice for everything EXCEPT coli and fairgrounds. The coli lags so badly, like the previous versions of Firefox, that I have kept to Chrome for FR on a whole, doesn't look like that's changing.
My system is almost identical to Yunimori above with the exception of Win 7 and desktop machine.

Quantum is nice for everything EXCEPT coli and fairgrounds. The coli lags so badly, like the previous versions of Firefox, that I have kept to Chrome for FR on a whole, doesn't look like that's changing.
9PW8odu.jpg
So far I've not had any problems with firefox quantum. In fact, the coliseum seems to be significantly faster and less laggy than before! ^^
So far I've not had any problems with firefox quantum. In fact, the coliseum seems to be significantly faster and less laggy than before! ^^
orcasig_by_bajanmightyena-daymcq2.pnguntitled_drawing_by_celestialorca-dc0y05q.png
[quote name="casualCelestial" date=2017-11-15 18:42:28] [b]Browser Used:[/b] Firefox Quantum [b]Device Used:[/b] Laptop [b]Device Operating System[/b]: Windows 10 Home: v1703 [i](OS 15063.540)[/i] [b]Internet Connection Type[/b]: Wireless, public network for school [b]Antivirus:[/b] None [b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] I'm playing Shock Switch sometimes. Often when I alt-tab or switch tabs, the game will just kinda disappear. It might not happen immediately, maybe perhaps after 5 minutes or so that it'll vanish. Data would be lost this way. I can keep playing for extended periods of time -- I don't particularly remember playing for long and having it crash, although I'll update this post if it ever gets to it. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any other problems. Tiny update: Updated my Quantum to the latest version. Looks like the issue is still happening, although this time there was a flash of light before the game disappeared from screen, and it was while I was playing it. Almost seeming like the page was refreshing. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kKbfYPB.png[/img] There's not a lot to go on here but I feel like it would be important to point out the faint box element(?) that's shifted in the middle of the page towards the top right. Hope it helps. [/quote] The exact same thing happens with me. This is what I use~ [b]Browser Used:[/b] Firefox Quantum [b]Device Used:[/b] Dell Laptop [b]Device Operating System[/b]: Windows 10 [b]Internet Connection Type[/b]: Wireless (private home internet) [b]Antivirus:[/b] None at the moment but it did this when my computer had McAfee as well. I should mention that aside from this, which happened even with the previous version of Firefox, I have not had any issues with FR since Quantum
casualCelestial wrote on 2017-11-15:
Browser Used: Firefox Quantum
Device Used: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Home: v1703 (OS 15063.540)
Internet Connection Type: Wireless, public network for school
Antivirus: None
Describe the bug in detail:
I'm playing Shock Switch sometimes. Often when I alt-tab or switch tabs, the game will just kinda disappear. It might not happen immediately, maybe perhaps after 5 minutes or so that it'll vanish. Data would be lost this way. I can keep playing for extended periods of time -- I don't particularly remember playing for long and having it crash, although I'll update this post if it ever gets to it. Otherwise, I haven't encountered any other problems.

Tiny update: Updated my Quantum to the latest version. Looks like the issue is still happening, although this time there was a flash of light before the game disappeared from screen, and it was while I was playing it. Almost seeming like the page was refreshing.
kKbfYPB.png

There's not a lot to go on here but I feel like it would be important to point out the faint box element(?) that's shifted in the middle of the page towards the top right. Hope it helps.

The exact same thing happens with me. This is what I use~
Device Used: Dell Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10
Internet Connection Type: Wireless (private home internet)
Antivirus: None at the moment but it did this when my computer had McAfee as well.

I should mention that aside from this, which happened even with the previous version of Firefox, I have not had any issues with FR since Quantum
968.png ...| #145955 |
...| She/Her |
...| INFP |
...| 23 |
...| FR+3 |
Device Used: PC
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Pro: v1703 (OS 15063.674)
Internet Connection Type: Gigabit Fibre
Antivirus: Windows Defender

As requested this is a repost of a thread titled, "No SourceURL with drop Fragment".

My software schedules the scrapping of effective text and monitors for duplicates from numerous websites before pasting articles to TextAloud. When my startup macros DragDrop a small fragment from the Quantum browser to my software I previously got the actual SourceURL. All I get now is:-

SourceURL:chrome://browser/content/browser.xul

I can't use Firefox Quantum because of this.

What I get with Quantum is : -

Version:0.9
StartHTML:00000145
EndHTML:00000232
StartFragment:00000179
EndFragment:00000196
<html><body>
<!--StartFragment-->November 16, 2017<!--EndFragment-->
</body>
</html>

What I used to get with 56.0.2 is:-

StartHTML:00000147
EndHTML:00000234
StartFragment:00000181
EndFragment:00000198
SourceURL:https://www.counterpunch.org/articles/
<html><body>
</body>
</html>

As requested this is a repost of a thread titled, "No SourceURL with drop Fragment".

My software schedules the scrapping of effective text and monitors for duplicates from numerous websites before pasting articles to TextAloud. When my startup macros DragDrop a small fragment from the Quantum browser to my software I previously got the actual SourceURL. All I get now is:-

I can't use Firefox Quantum because of this.

What I get with Quantum is : -

StartHTML:00000145
EndHTML:00000232
StartFragment:00000179
EndFragment:00000196
<html><body>
</body>
</html>

What I used to get with 56.0.2 is:-

StartHTML:00000147
EndHTML:00000234
StartFragment:00000181
EndFragment:00000198
SourceURL:https://www.counterpunch.org/articles/
<html><body>
</body>
</html>
Browsers: Chrome latest, Firefox Quantum
Device: Desktop
Operating: Windows 8
Connection: home, Wired, DSL
Antivirus: Norton
Status: on the previous Firefox, coli would load most of the time, but would occasionally need multiple refreshes and also would sometimes freeze during fights.
On Quantam, it seems laggy. My imp and spiral's idle animations appear jerky instead of smooth, almost like they're standing in a strobe light set really fast. Attacks have the same appearance, dragons appear to 'drag' across the screen instead of almost jumping as they do when I play on Chrome. I have tried playing with just coli open, and with multiple tabs open/Youtube running, no difference.
Chrome is smooth, I'll stick with it.
Browsers: Chrome latest, Firefox Quantum
Device: Desktop
Operating: Windows 8
Connection: home, Wired, DSL
Antivirus: Norton
Status: on the previous Firefox, coli would load most of the time, but would occasionally need multiple refreshes and also would sometimes freeze during fights.
On Quantam, it seems laggy. My imp and spiral's idle animations appear jerky instead of smooth, almost like they're standing in a strobe light set really fast. Attacks have the same appearance, dragons appear to 'drag' across the screen instead of almost jumping as they do when I play on Chrome. I have tried playing with just coli open, and with multiple tabs open/Youtube running, no difference.
Chrome is smooth, I'll stick with it.
w8o0xW1.png My_half_an_egg_button.png
[quote name="jimekus" date=2017-11-16 14:36:08] Browser Used: Firefox Quantum Device Used: PC Device Operating System: Windows 10 Pro: v1703 (OS 15063.674) Internet Connection Type: Gigabit Fibre Antivirus: Windows Defender Describe the bug in detail: As requested this is a repost of a thread titled, "No SourceURL with drop Fragment". .... [/quote] The actual extraction of the fragment's data is:- Site = StrConv(data.GetData(RegisterClipboardFormat("HTML Format")), vbUnicode)
jimekus wrote on 2017-11-16:

The actual extraction of the fragment's data is:-

Site = StrConv(data.GetData(RegisterClipboardFormat("HTML Format")), vbUnicode)
No issues so far with the coli (not checking fairgrounds because I don't have the patience to see if something happens), but I never really had any issues with the coli before this anyways. [quote name="Maki" date=2017-11-15 14:32:39] Can you see the colors on the drop downs (Predict Morphology, Auction House)? I'm referring to this bug. [/quote] I can see them fine, but again it worked for me before this update-mostly. Sometimes they would poof be gone for a week and come back....
No issues so far with the coli (not checking fairgrounds because I don't have the patience to see if something happens), but I never really had any issues with the coli before this anyways.
Maki wrote on 2017-11-15:
Can you see the colors on the drop downs (Predict Morphology, Auction House)? I'm referring to this bug.
I can see them fine, but again it worked for me before this update-mostly. Sometimes they would poof be gone for a week and come back....
I think this may be a browser issue and not to do with FR at all but as it's probably a major epilepsy problem if it affects anyone else I thought I should mention it ASAP.

Browser(s) Used: Firefox Quantum
Browser(s) Version: 57.0 (64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Operating System Version: 1703
Internet Connection Type: Wired, cable, home.
Antivirus Installed: Avast Antivirus
Antivirus Version: Virus defs - 171116.14
Program - 17.72314

I decided to try out Tidal Trouble first to check how Quantum worked with it, and it was fine to the second puzzle, when about halfway through the screen started flickering very fast between the FR background and white whenever I moved the mouse in any area that wasn't the menu bar of the browser. The game was obviously still running and I could still make shots, but it wasn't visible.
Trying to change to another FR page made no difference to this. Neither did moving to an offsite page (Youtube). New tabs in the same window do not have this issue, however.
I tried to repeat this, and again halfway through the second game of Tidal Trouble the browswer window started flickering again.

Like I said, I suspect this is a browser issue, or maybe even just my computer, but because the flickering is very much like a strobe light I thought I should at least put out some kind of warning as it seems to be Tidal Trouble that triggers it.

I can't attach screenshots, it flickers too fast to be obvious what it is.

Edit: An update - Shock Switch also has this issue, starting after about three mintues or so.
I think this may be a browser issue and not to do with FR at all but as it's probably a major epilepsy problem if it affects anyone else I thought I should mention it ASAP.

Browser(s) Used: Firefox Quantum
Browser(s) Version: 57.0 (64-bit)
Device(s) Used: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Operating System Version: 1703
Internet Connection Type: Wired, cable, home.
Antivirus Installed: Avast Antivirus
Antivirus Version: Virus defs - 171116.14
Program - 17.72314

I decided to try out Tidal Trouble first to check how Quantum worked with it, and it was fine to the second puzzle, when about halfway through the screen started flickering very fast between the FR background and white whenever I moved the mouse in any area that wasn't the menu bar of the browser. The game was obviously still running and I could still make shots, but it wasn't visible.
Trying to change to another FR page made no difference to this. Neither did moving to an offsite page (Youtube). New tabs in the same window do not have this issue, however.
I tried to repeat this, and again halfway through the second game of Tidal Trouble the browswer window started flickering again.

Like I said, I suspect this is a browser issue, or maybe even just my computer, but because the flickering is very much like a strobe light I thought I should at least put out some kind of warning as it seems to be Tidal Trouble that triggers it.

I can't attach screenshots, it flickers too fast to be obvious what it is.

Edit: An update - Shock Switch also has this issue, starting after about three mintues or so.
0lSM1SJ.pngnnJGoJp.png
PC laptop user with firefox, so far so good.
PC laptop user with firefox, so far so good.
aqLwpCP.png
Firefox Quantum seems to run coli fairly well, although the usual slowdowns occur with the EXP screen, magic spells, and buff spells. This is an improvement compared to old Firefox which ran slower and slower over subsequent updates and caused me to switch to Chrome. Firefox Quantum may run coliseum slightly faster than Chrome.

Edit: 32 bit Windows 7 operating system.
Firefox Quantum seems to run coli fairly well, although the usual slowdowns occur with the EXP screen, magic spells, and buff spells. This is an improvement compared to old Firefox which ran slower and slower over subsequent updates and caused me to switch to Chrome. Firefox Quantum may run coliseum slightly faster than Chrome.

Edit: 32 bit Windows 7 operating system.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11