Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Bugs Reporting Guide (updated 12/14/13)
[i]mod note: please scroll down to the end of the Guide for the update. thank you! ~twitchy [/i] Originally written by contributing member [b]Rhenik[/b]: If you encounter a bug while playing Flight Rising, don't hesitate to let us know! Create a post in this forum. In the post, try and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred so that we have the best chance possible of reproducing and correcting the issue. Mentioning the browser you are using is great. If you encountered a MYSQL error and are able to copy and paste the error message, that can also be quite helpful in locating the problem. Below are sample bug of good and bad examples of bug reporting. You'll notice that in the good examples, the descriptions of the problem are clear. This will enable our codesmith to reproduce and correct the bug much quicker, since he will have a clear idea of what to look for. ----------------------------------------------------- [b]Good:[/b] [quote][b]Title:[/b] Pink Cabbie Hat Appears on Tail [b]Body:[/b] Whenever I equip the Pink Cabbie Hat on Loverboy, my Guardian Male, it appears on his tail instead of his head. His Profile: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=7&tab=dragon&did=171 [b]Browser:[/b] Chrome [b]Error Text:[/b] None [b]Screenshot:[/b] [.img]http://www.photobucket.com/yourprofile/loverboyhatbutt.jpg[/img][/quote] [i]It will be tremendously helpful to us if you can list your dragon's breed and gender, as well as link us to the profile. This way we can see if the bug is isolated to a certain type of dragon, or if it is a global issue.[/i] [b]Good:[/b] [quote][b]Title:[/b] Wise Whiskers Desc Typo [b]Body:[/b] The Wise Whiskers item description has a typo, where the 3rd word "mutter" is spelled "muter." [b]Browser:[/b] Firefox [b]Error Text:[/b] N/A [b]Screenshot:[/b] [.img]http://imgur.com/gallery/uxQgq[/img][/quote] [i]When submitting item bugs, please be sure to include the item's full name to make it easier to track down. "Earthen Masque" is much easier to track down than "that one mask."[/i] [b]Good:[/b] [quote][b]Title:[/b] Main Page MySQL Error [b]Body:[/b] A MySQL error appears along the top margin of the main page. Error Text: Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/cloudsong/flightrising.com/main.php on line 680 [b]Page:[/b] http://www.flightrising.com/main.php [b]Browser:[/b] IE[/quote] [i]By suppling both the page address where the error happened and the exact SQL error text through copy/paste, you've done a lot to help us resolve this error![/i] ------------------------------------------- [b]Bad:[/b] [quote][b]Title:[/b] The game crashed [b]Body:[/b] T was playing and the window closed.[/quote] [i]It would be much more helpful if you could let us know which page you were on, and exactly what you were doing when the browser locked up and closed. Were you equipping an item to your dragon? Playing a game? Details are very important![/i] [b]Bad:[/b] [quote][i]Title:[/i] I lost all my money? [b]Body: [/b]Whered all my treasure go?[/quote] [i]Was money lost for absolutely no reason? Did you trade recently? Buy something in a shop? There's a lot of room for error here.[/i] ____________________________________________________ Let us know what's happening, and we will do our best to fix it. Your feedback will help us to improve the game for future players. ____________________________________________________ [br] [center][b]If you believe you have found a bug that can be used as an exploit, please email it to admin@flightrising.com, do not post the details in the forum. You will not get in trouble for finding this bug and reporting it right away. Thank you! ♥[/b][/center] [b]Always check the Known Issues sticky[/b] [LIST] [*]Check all the information stickies before posting [/LIST] [b]Please do not "bump" in Bugs.[/b] [LIST] [*]This interferes with dev tracking and mod monitoring. It can create a false spread of an issue. [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Bumping a thread about a Known Issue only pushes down new bugs. [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Please do, however, feel free to add to your report. "Bump" does not add to a report. [/LIST] [b]Before reporting a bug, please try the following: [/b] [LIST] [*]Clearing your cache (you can force this in windows via CTRL-F5) [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Trying a different browser (If you're using Firefox, try in both Chrome and IE (I know...IE)) [/LIST] [LIST] [*]If your report pertains to Fairgrounds/Coliseum, check your socket settings in Account Settings and try the Alternate Socket. [/LIST] [b]If you've done all these things, please include them in your initial report. This saves everyone time, mods, devs, players alike.[/b] If a fellow player has already posted the correct link to the tracking thread or clarified a non-Bug a mod may lock the thread without further discussion to keep the forum uncluttered for monitoring purposes. To reiterate earlier in the Guide, [b]please keep your titles clear and concise. [/b]We understand that a particular bug may be important to you or especially frustrating to you, we ask that you keep in mind that bug reporting is an on-going process of information collection and prioritizing. This also loops back around to the please do not "bump" request. Please understand that neither mods or the devs can provide you with a customer service resolution with an issue a bug has created. [b]If a bug has created a problem for you that requires a CS resolution, please post your report or add your report to an existing thread and use the [url=http://flightrising.com/index.php?p=contact]Contact Us form[/url] to seek CS resolution with the Admin and staff.[/b] [LIST] [*]When using Contact Us please include your email you used to register with Flight Rising and concise details about the issue at hand. [/LIST] ____________________________________________________________________________ [b]12/14/13[/b] If you have an art issue to report, please post it in one of the following threads: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1003090&p=mb]Apparel problems.[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=bug&id=1012680]Incorrect gene colors.[/url] Thank you!
mod note: please scroll down to the end of the Guide for the update. thank you! ~twitchy

Originally written by contributing member Rhenik:

If you encounter a bug while playing Flight Rising, don't hesitate to let us know!

Create a post in this forum. In the post, try and describe in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the error occurred so that we have the best chance possible of reproducing and correcting the issue. Mentioning the browser you are using is great.

If you encountered a MYSQL error and are able to copy and paste the error message, that can also be quite helpful in locating the problem.

Below are sample bug of good and bad examples of bug reporting. You'll notice that in the good examples, the descriptions of the problem are clear. This will enable our codesmith to reproduce and correct the bug much quicker, since he will have a clear idea of what to look for.

Good:
Quote:
Title: Pink Cabbie Hat Appears on Tail
Body: Whenever I equip the Pink Cabbie Hat on Loverboy, my Guardian Male, it appears on his tail instead of his head.
His Profile: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=7&tab=dragon&did=171
Browser: Chrome
Error Text: None
Screenshot: [.img]http://www.photobucket.com/yourprofile/loverboyhatbutt.jpg[/img]
It will be tremendously helpful to us if you can list your dragon's breed and gender, as well as link us to the profile. This way we can see if the bug is isolated to a certain type of dragon, or if it is a global issue.

Good:
Quote:
Title: Wise Whiskers Desc Typo
Body: The Wise Whiskers item description has a typo, where the 3rd word "mutter" is spelled "muter."
Browser: Firefox
Error Text: N/A
Screenshot: [.img]http://imgur.com/gallery/uxQgq[/img]
When submitting item bugs, please be sure to include the item's full name to make it easier to track down. "Earthen Masque" is much easier to track down than "that one mask."

Good:
Quote:
Title: Main Page MySQL Error
Body: A MySQL error appears along the top margin of the main page.
Error Text: Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/cloudsong/flightrising.com/main.php on line 680
Page: http://www.flightrising.com/main.php
Browser: IE
By suppling both the page address where the error happened and the exact SQL error text through copy/paste, you've done a lot to help us resolve this error!

Bad:
Quote:
Title: The game crashed
Body: T was playing and the window closed.
It would be much more helpful if you could let us know which page you were on, and exactly what you were doing when the browser locked up and closed. Were you equipping an item to your dragon? Playing a game? Details are very important!

Bad:
Quote:
Title: I lost all my money?
Body: Whered all my treasure go?
Was money lost for absolutely no reason? Did you trade recently? Buy something in a shop? There's a lot of room for error here.

Let us know what's happening, and we will do our best to fix it. Your feedback will help us to improve the game for future players.

If you believe you have found a bug that can be used as an exploit, please email it to admin@flightrising.com, do not post the details in the forum. You will not get in trouble for finding this bug and reporting it right away. Thank you! ♥

Always check the Known Issues sticky
  • Check all the information stickies before posting

Please do not "bump" in Bugs.
  • This interferes with dev tracking and mod monitoring. It can create a false spread of an issue.
  • Bumping a thread about a Known Issue only pushes down new bugs.
  • Please do, however, feel free to add to your report. "Bump" does not add to a report.

Before reporting a bug, please try the following:
  • Clearing your cache (you can force this in windows via CTRL-F5)
  • Trying a different browser (If you're using Firefox, try in both Chrome and IE (I know...IE))
  • If your report pertains to Fairgrounds/Coliseum, check your socket settings in Account Settings and try the Alternate Socket.
If you've done all these things, please include them in your initial report. This saves everyone time, mods, devs, players alike.

If a fellow player has already posted the correct link to the tracking thread or clarified a non-Bug a mod may lock the thread without further discussion to keep the forum uncluttered for monitoring purposes.

To reiterate earlier in the Guide, please keep your titles clear and concise. We understand that a particular bug may be important to you or especially frustrating to you, we ask that you keep in mind that bug reporting is an on-going process of information collection and prioritizing. This also loops back around to the please do not "bump" request.

Please understand that neither mods or the devs can provide you with a customer service resolution with an issue a bug has created. If a bug has created a problem for you that requires a CS resolution, please post your report or add your report to an existing thread and use the Contact Us form to seek CS resolution with the Admin and staff.
  • When using Contact Us please include your email you used to register with Flight Rising and concise details about the issue at hand.

If you have an art issue to report, please post it in one of the following threads:

Apparel problems.

Incorrect gene colors.

Thank you!
Flight Rising Games/Interactivity Programmer ♪♫