Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Logging in from Front Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Browser Firefox 30.0
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection charter / wifi connection (is that what type of connection refers to? i'm not super computer savvy.)
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser I use adblock plus addon as well as NoSquint (an addon that alters the default text size and colors of websites), I also use the Ghostery addon for trackers but I have flightrising.com whitelisted
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software windows defender for both
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser? No
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? Does not go through at all, even after several attempts.
Browser Firefox 30.0
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection charter / wifi connection (is that what type of connection refers to? i'm not super computer savvy.)
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser I use adblock plus addon as well as NoSquint (an addon that alters the default text size and colors of websites), I also use the Ghostery addon for trackers but I have flightrising.com whitelisted
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software windows defender for both
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser? No
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? Does not go through at all, even after several attempts.
KUtShk4.png 209.gifnFCN8hM.png
Browser: Chrome
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Ghostery, ABP.
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software: Avast
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?: Nope, but it is regulated.
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? Most of the time, it jsut sits there, acting like it wants to connect to flightrising.org until I slap it out of it with repeated refreshes. If I DON'T refresh it, it tries to kill my entire browser.
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Ghostery, ABP.
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?: Nope, but it is regulated.
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? Most of the time, it jsut sits there, acting like it wants to connect to flightrising.org until I slap it out of it with repeated refreshes. If I DON'T refresh it, it tries to kill my entire browser.
Psst. Hover over my avatar.
ISP: Verizon FiOS basic service, fiber optic
Browser Add-ons: XKit for Tumblr.
AntiVirus: AVAST
Javascript: On
Logging in from the front page seems to be random for me. Some days I'll be able to, but most days it won't.
ISP: Verizon FiOS basic service, fiber optic
Browser Add-ons: XKit for Tumblr.
AntiVirus: AVAST
Javascript: On
Logging in from the front page seems to be random for me. Some days I'll be able to, but most days it won't.
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Time Warner
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Ghostery
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?: No
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?: Working after several attempts
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Time Warner
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Ghostery
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?: Working after several attempts
icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png tumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2014-07-17 20:10:55"][quote name="Brel" date="2014-07-17 20:08:34"]Something I noticed-- once the little dragon at the VERY bottom of the first page in FR loads (the one with the online rating display), logging in is no problem. It kinda seems like once EVERYTHING has loaded on the page logging in goes smoothy. For the record, I work on two different Macs, using both Chrome and Safari and I get the same results each time. Being a mac user I have no anti-virus software. Javascript is enabled (I think?). Browser add-ons are: x kit (tumblr) tumblr savior (tumblr) and add block. Hope this helps![/quote] @Brel - This is useful information for us; is this [i]currently[/i] happening to you?[/quote] @Xhaztol Yes, it happens if I'm not paying attention and try to log in before the page completely loads. I have relatively fast internet so I don't always have to wait, but that SEEMS to be a trend. I'll watch this extra closely as I log in in the near future while you guys are investigating.
Xhaztol wrote on 2014-07-17 20:10:55:
Brel wrote on 2014-07-17 20:08:34:
Something I noticed-- once the little dragon at the VERY bottom of the first page in FR loads (the one with the online rating display), logging in is no problem.
It kinda seems like once EVERYTHING has loaded on the page logging in goes smoothy.

For the record, I work on two different Macs, using both Chrome and Safari and I get the same results each time. Being a mac user I have no anti-virus software. Javascript is enabled (I think?). Browser add-ons are: x kit (tumblr) tumblr savior (tumblr) and add block.

Hope this helps!

@Brel - This is useful information for us; is this currently happening to you?

@Xhaztol

Yes, it happens if I'm not paying attention and try to log in before the page completely loads. I have relatively fast internet so I don't always have to wait, but that SEEMS to be a trend. I'll watch this extra closely as I log in in the near future while you guys are investigating.
9cjDdGL.png
This happened to me, it was at rollover either yesterday or the day before that. I'd type in the info to log in and then when I clicked the log in button it froze up, like nothing on the page was clickable anymore, I couldn't navigate away. And it didn't log me in either. It happened 4 times before I was able to log in.

Browser: Firefox
Internet Provider: Time Warner
Antivirus: Avast
Is Javascript disabled: no
This happened to me, it was at rollover either yesterday or the day before that. I'd type in the info to log in and then when I clicked the log in button it froze up, like nothing on the page was clickable anymore, I couldn't navigate away. And it didn't log me in either. It happened 4 times before I was able to log in.

Browser: Firefox
Internet Provider: Time Warner
Antivirus: Avast
Is Javascript disabled: no
6fwmTnR.png
Browser Google Chrome
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection Frontier/broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser Adblock Plus (disabled for FR)
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware SoftwareAvast Free
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?No.
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? The ability to login from front page comes and goes. When I can't login on the homepage, I can login from any other page on the FR site however. This has been occuring on and off over the past week. Clicking the login button or hitting enter when this is occuring causes FR to attempt to load, but nothing happens. Clicking the button multiple times does nothing. Once logged in from another page, the site behaves normally.
Browser Google Chrome
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection Frontier/broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser Adblock Plus (disabled for FR)
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware SoftwareAvast Free
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?No.
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts? The ability to login from front page comes and goes. When I can't login on the homepage, I can login from any other page on the FR site however. This has been occuring on and off over the past week. Clicking the login button or hitting enter when this is occuring causes FR to attempt to load, but nothing happens. Clicking the button multiple times does nothing. Once logged in from another page, the site behaves normally.
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Telecom/Broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: xKit for tumblr
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software: MacFee
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?: ??
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?: Not responding at first when I click the 'Login', responds after multiple clicks and is very slow.

Only noticed this a few times now, its no real issue, but I have noticed it c:
Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Telecom/Broadband
Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: xKit for tumblr
AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software: MacFee
Is JavaScript disabled in your browser?: ??
When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?: Not responding at first when I click the 'Login', responds after multiple clicks and is very slow.

Only noticed this a few times now, its no real issue, but I have noticed it c:
14555685_2WWFoGqr9jrFj6C.png

Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Comcast, Wireless

Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Adblock but it is disabled for flight rising

AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software: Avg

When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?

Somedays it has not worked at all and after the first attempt I have been locked out of my account. However most of the time it takes several attempts to log in and sometimes will load and then nothing will happen.

Internet Service Provider / Type of Connection: Comcast, Wireless

Any browser add-ons or tertiary programs that affect your browser: Adblock but it is disabled for flight rising

AntiVirus or Anti-Malware Software: Avg

When you attempt to log in from the front page, is it not going through at all, taking a long time, or working after several attempts?

Somedays it has not worked at all and after the first attempt I have been locked out of my account. However most of the time it takes several attempts to log in and sometimes will load and then nothing will happen.
ISP: Comcast
Antivirus: Malwarebytes
Javascript Disabled: No

Usually for me, the problem goes away if I refresh a couple times, or re-enter my name into the login box. Sometimes though I have to click out of the entire page and re-do that, and only then will it allow me access. Lately its been leaning more towards the latter than the formers.
ISP: Comcast
Antivirus: Malwarebytes
Javascript Disabled: No

Usually for me, the problem goes away if I refresh a couple times, or re-enter my name into the login box. Sometimes though I have to click out of the entire page and re-do that, and only then will it allow me access. Lately its been leaning more towards the latter than the formers.
NST2016B1_zpsx6df7wrb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9