Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] [Art] Incorrect Gene Colors
1 2 ... 268 269 270 271 272 ... 312 313
@shinyumbreon :( Literally all I am trying to do is explain the thought process behind specific traits and details, and potential reasons that could have led to this sort of art, nowhere am I implying that people who point out these things are in the wrong or that they are bad for pointing things out. I am as neutral as I can be regarding this. Error reports are important, I report them through tickets and through the database system all the time. I am not the only one who is explaining why specific elements are not errors, that is literally the only thing I am doing here; no attitude, no taking sides, no purpose other than pointing at the "consistent inconsistency". There are tons of errors and I have not mentioned them because people are correct and they need to be fixed, and it would be silly of me to go and point them out since other people have mentioned them prior to this. My statements are a huge minority compared to the actual amount of errors that need to be addressed and fixed. I am only explaining why some things are not errors, are intentional or [i]could[/i] be intentional, and there have been numerous things in the past that have been proven not to be errors despite the fact that people said they were. They were pointed out by the Staff, correcting alleged corrections is not an unusual occurrence. On Stained - I have not mentioned in-species inconsistencies. Those, just like you said, are errors. If a male has the trait and the female one doesn't, that is an error. However, different gene traits on different species occur frequently and they have been proven to be intentional most of the time. Great example: Underbelly on Coatl and Nocturne - no other species apart from Bogsneak, Nocturne and Coatl have accentual parts on other parts of their bodies. I specifically said that the ear not being coloured in is intentional and that is consistent across all species, although thank you for pointing out the thing about horns, that was an error on my part, I apologise! I will go and edit that right away. On Arcane Primal - Arcane Primal on male Veilspun has specifically been made like that to show more of it, having to cover the horn due to the fact that Veilspun faces are portrayed from the profile which means there is less available base to put the Primal on. The rest of the Primal, if it was portrayed exactly like on numerous other species, would have been underneath the mane which would make the eye type, which is a special eye type, smaller and therefore it would make people angry. The part of the eye type on the horn is intentional. You can clearly see the same on a male Imperial who has a similar head shape Edit: also, yes, you are absolutely correct when it comes stray Arcane lines that go outside of the dragon lineart. That might be an error and that should be deleted, unless that was intentional since both male and female Veilspun have an external glow. The stray lines that go over the mane is another error. I was specifically referring to the part that goes over the ear and the horn because otherwise, the eye type would have been way too small. Yes, the overall design is the same across all species but it is unique in placement and size because they need to fit it on each head differently. The size on Gaolers was tackled by adding a much larger portion to the nasal bone compared to the rest of dragons, while male Veilspun have a longer swirl that spreads on their horns. The thing I am referring to is not an error, not the stray lines. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=80ce5afd69f7beca00f46e7096192e6f1717ceca&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Regarding Crackle - I said "most likely" therefore I am not implying that it is intentional but there is a possibility. Regarding lineart thickness - once again, I did not mention severe lineart inconsistencies or double layered lineart anywhere as that is a problem and I am pointing out things that are most likely not errors. I am 100% aware of Iridescent lineart and they addressed it, saying that will be fixed once they have evalued and redone Iri/Shim. In this case I was specifically talking about Stitched & Patchwork, and slight differences between moderns and Ancients happen frequently due to how the genes are portrayed and who is drawing said genes. For example: Giraffe and Daub on Gaolers look different than on every modern simply because the Staff needed to make the genes appear more busy due to the fact that Ancients cannot wear apparel which is one of the main reasons why the genes on Ancients are particularly complex most of the time. Yes, unintentional lineart thickness and improper layering are errors and they need to be fixed, I didn't mention those anywhere Regarding colours - you point out the swirls - that is a bug. Nowhere did I mention that the swirls weren't a bug :( I am specifically pointing out the fluidity of Starmap and Constellation because they happen very frequently, and sometimes among other genes too. Great example: female Fae Alloy in which Alloy has a different accentual hue and it was an artistic choice, as mentioned by Undel. Same goes for Iridescent and Shimmer and their different hues which have been mentioned by the Staff in the past that they are an artistic choice due to the nature of iridescence in organisms. That does not mean some things might not get potentially tackled. Regarding Glimmer - again, I am not claiming that it is 100% not an error as it might as well could be, I am just speaking from artistic experience. The nail parts could totally be errors, all I said is that it might be purposeful but I clearly said that I am not sure and that it might even get edited later, just like the pelvic bone on Fae that the Staff was not planning on changing but they decided to change it simply due to the fact that people were mentioning it. I even pointed out that the rogue streaks of Glimmer on feet are definitely errors so I am not sure where the problem lies Regarding Capsule - just because it looks awful to you does not mean it looks awful to everyone :( I don't know if it's obvious enough but I am not referring to the possible incorrect lineart colour but the remaining liquid in belly creases, and that looks intentional. I will admit that I am not actually entirely sure what people are even referring to so I'm open to feedback simply because I just don't see any errors. But, once again, that is exactly the reason why I was not making claims about anything else other than the increased Capsule details and fluid remnants Regarding Tiger - I again said 'might be' therefore I was not implying anything, I was just explaining the possibility of something being intentional. I also pointed out the sudden stop of the lines and that it might be an error therefore I don't understand why I need to explain this once more. The same less-covered area can be seen on female Wildclaw, female Imperial (which would explain why it's like that on the male), but I still do not exclude the possibility of it being fixed or addressed in the future Regarding Lionfish - you mention Noxtide. Not even once have I mentioned Noxtide in the post. There are numerous errors with Noxtide that exist, such as on Pearlcatcher males with the non-coloured areas, and on Skydancers. I mention [i]Lionfish[/i] which has the same accentual colours appear slightly differently on different species specifically due to the poses of said individuals. The accentual gradients on different poses are just the way the genes were drawn. Regarding Stitched and Patchwork - I once again even mentioned that there is a possibility it will get changed in the future. Yes, it is an inconsistency, I said that as well, and it needs to be addressed, but what I said is that it's not an [i]integral[/i] error or a rogue element, I am not saying that it is not a slip-up
@shinyumbreon :(
Literally all I am trying to do is explain the thought process behind specific traits and details, and potential reasons that could have led to this sort of art, nowhere am I implying that people who point out these things are in the wrong or that they are bad for pointing things out. I am as neutral as I can be regarding this. Error reports are important, I report them through tickets and through the database system all the time. I am not the only one who is explaining why specific elements are not errors, that is literally the only thing I am doing here; no attitude, no taking sides, no purpose other than pointing at the "consistent inconsistency". There are tons of errors and I have not mentioned them because people are correct and they need to be fixed, and it would be silly of me to go and point them out since other people have mentioned them prior to this. My statements are a huge minority compared to the actual amount of errors that need to be addressed and fixed. I am only explaining why some things are not errors, are intentional or could be intentional, and there have been numerous things in the past that have been proven not to be errors despite the fact that people said they were. They were pointed out by the Staff, correcting alleged corrections is not an unusual occurrence.

On Stained - I have not mentioned in-species inconsistencies. Those, just like you said, are errors. If a male has the trait and the female one doesn't, that is an error. However, different gene traits on different species occur frequently and they have been proven to be intentional most of the time. Great example: Underbelly on Coatl and Nocturne - no other species apart from Bogsneak, Nocturne and Coatl have accentual parts on other parts of their bodies. I specifically said that the ear not being coloured in is intentional and that is consistent across all species, although thank you for pointing out the thing about horns, that was an error on my part, I apologise! I will go and edit that right away.

On Arcane Primal - Arcane Primal on male Veilspun has specifically been made like that to show more of it, having to cover the horn due to the fact that Veilspun faces are portrayed from the profile which means there is less available base to put the Primal on. The rest of the Primal, if it was portrayed exactly like on numerous other species, would have been underneath the mane which would make the eye type, which is a special eye type, smaller and therefore it would make people angry. The part of the eye type on the horn is intentional. You can clearly see the same on a male Imperial who has a similar head shape
Edit: also, yes, you are absolutely correct when it comes stray Arcane lines that go outside of the dragon lineart. That might be an error and that should be deleted, unless that was intentional since both male and female Veilspun have an external glow. The stray lines that go over the mane is another error. I was specifically referring to the part that goes over the ear and the horn because otherwise, the eye type would have been way too small. Yes, the overall design is the same across all species but it is unique in placement and size because they need to fit it on each head differently. The size on Gaolers was tackled by adding a much larger portion to the nasal bone compared to the rest of dragons, while male Veilspun have a longer swirl that spreads on their horns. The thing I am referring to is not an error, not the stray lines.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=27&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=80ce5afd69f7beca00f46e7096192e6f1717ceca&dummyext=prev.png

Regarding Crackle - I said "most likely" therefore I am not implying that it is intentional but there is a possibility.

Regarding lineart thickness - once again, I did not mention severe lineart inconsistencies or double layered lineart anywhere as that is a problem and I am pointing out things that are most likely not errors. I am 100% aware of Iridescent lineart and they addressed it, saying that will be fixed once they have evalued and redone Iri/Shim. In this case I was specifically talking about Stitched & Patchwork, and slight differences between moderns and Ancients happen frequently due to how the genes are portrayed and who is drawing said genes. For example: Giraffe and Daub on Gaolers look different than on every modern simply because the Staff needed to make the genes appear more busy due to the fact that Ancients cannot wear apparel which is one of the main reasons why the genes on Ancients are particularly complex most of the time. Yes, unintentional lineart thickness and improper layering are errors and they need to be fixed, I didn't mention those anywhere

Regarding colours - you point out the swirls - that is a bug. Nowhere did I mention that the swirls weren't a bug :( I am specifically pointing out the fluidity of Starmap and Constellation because they happen very frequently, and sometimes among other genes too. Great example: female Fae Alloy in which Alloy has a different accentual hue and it was an artistic choice, as mentioned by Undel. Same goes for Iridescent and Shimmer and their different hues which have been mentioned by the Staff in the past that they are an artistic choice due to the nature of iridescence in organisms. That does not mean some things might not get potentially tackled.

Regarding Glimmer - again, I am not claiming that it is 100% not an error as it might as well could be, I am just speaking from artistic experience. The nail parts could totally be errors, all I said is that it might be purposeful but I clearly said that I am not sure and that it might even get edited later, just like the pelvic bone on Fae that the Staff was not planning on changing but they decided to change it simply due to the fact that people were mentioning it. I even pointed out that the rogue streaks of Glimmer on feet are definitely errors so I am not sure where the problem lies

Regarding Capsule - just because it looks awful to you does not mean it looks awful to everyone :( I don't know if it's obvious enough but I am not referring to the possible incorrect lineart colour but the remaining liquid in belly creases, and that looks intentional. I will admit that I am not actually entirely sure what people are even referring to so I'm open to feedback simply because I just don't see any errors. But, once again, that is exactly the reason why I was not making claims about anything else other than the increased Capsule details and fluid remnants

Regarding Tiger - I again said 'might be' therefore I was not implying anything, I was just explaining the possibility of something being intentional. I also pointed out the sudden stop of the lines and that it might be an error therefore I don't understand why I need to explain this once more. The same less-covered area can be seen on female Wildclaw, female Imperial (which would explain why it's like that on the male), but I still do not exclude the possibility of it being fixed or addressed in the future

Regarding Lionfish - you mention Noxtide. Not even once have I mentioned Noxtide in the post. There are numerous errors with Noxtide that exist, such as on Pearlcatcher males with the non-coloured areas, and on Skydancers. I mention Lionfish which has the same accentual colours appear slightly differently on different species specifically due to the poses of said individuals. The accentual gradients on different poses are just the way the genes were drawn.

Regarding Stitched and Patchwork - I once again even mentioned that there is a possibility it will get changed in the future. Yes, it is an inconsistency, I said that as well, and it needs to be addressed, but what I said is that it's not an integral error or a rogue element, I am not saying that it is not a slip-up
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@natron the only reason I worded my post the way I did is that some of your writing did not leave room for doubt or was pure speculation. For example, on the SD stain you didn’t say “might be”, you said it was entirely intentional. Most did include “might be” or “could be”, but others clearly say either “this is not a bug” or “entirely intentional” when we don’t know that for sure. If you wish to explain why those might be intentional, I can likewise explain why they wouldn’t be.

Some of these I was agreeing with you on, like the lineart thickness, firefly potentially being intentionally faint, and certain parts of stained

The capsule is entirely lacking the highlights other breeds have (one example that shows them off nicely is imp hatchlings since they have a similar belly style) and those smudges are there in their place. It looks bad (to me at least) because those highlights aren’t there, instead replaced by blotches and stripes of color that look out of place.

I’ll admit I mixed up lionfish and noxtide and for that I apologize. It’s quite late and I probably should have gone to sleep by now.

I am not referring to the shape of arcane primal, I’m referring to it glowing through the hair and the stray lines outside the dragons face which were addressed in the post you quoted- though the primal being small and making people angry doesn’t make sense- earth primal is barely visible on gaolers, for example.

I apologize if my post upset you, it was not my intention.
@natron the only reason I worded my post the way I did is that some of your writing did not leave room for doubt or was pure speculation. For example, on the SD stain you didn’t say “might be”, you said it was entirely intentional. Most did include “might be” or “could be”, but others clearly say either “this is not a bug” or “entirely intentional” when we don’t know that for sure. If you wish to explain why those might be intentional, I can likewise explain why they wouldn’t be.

Some of these I was agreeing with you on, like the lineart thickness, firefly potentially being intentionally faint, and certain parts of stained

The capsule is entirely lacking the highlights other breeds have (one example that shows them off nicely is imp hatchlings since they have a similar belly style) and those smudges are there in their place. It looks bad (to me at least) because those highlights aren’t there, instead replaced by blotches and stripes of color that look out of place.

I’ll admit I mixed up lionfish and noxtide and for that I apologize. It’s quite late and I probably should have gone to sleep by now.

I am not referring to the shape of arcane primal, I’m referring to it glowing through the hair and the stray lines outside the dragons face which were addressed in the post you quoted- though the primal being small and making people angry doesn’t make sense- earth primal is barely visible on gaolers, for example.

I apologize if my post upset you, it was not my intention.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@shinyumbreon no worries, it's completely fine! I was slightly shook at first jghkjgdhgk but I am super glad you pointed some things out to me as I did make a mistake regarding the Skydancer hatchling horns. However, I only said it because I was convinced that all Skydancers had their horns untinted but that was a slip-up on my part so I had to edit it. And I addressed the Arcane Primal once again, I edited the reply because I noticed that you also had something else in mind which is completely true but hehehjghjkgh I wasn't referring to that. I was replying to the person speaking purely about the part going over the horn and ear. HOWEVER, there is also a possibility they left those lines that go over the mane completely purposefully to portray the light going through the hairs. Hair is not opaque, it is semi-transparent which is why light of the Primal would totally go through. However when it comes to Capsule, I am just left there like [emoji=ridgeback confused size=1] Some highlight lines do not cover all of the creases on Veilspun like they do on other species, but that's about the only thing I have noticed. On adult males, there are leftover liquid remnants while the little lines on both adults and the hatchling appear to be reflections on the glassy surface of the Capsule belly. They occur on numerous other species but they are lines instead of blotches that exist on Veilspun. Drawing glassy surfaces and liquids is extremely hard, I do not blame them for trying out different techniques.
@shinyumbreon no worries, it's completely fine! I was slightly shook at first jghkjgdhgk but I am super glad you pointed some things out to me as I did make a mistake regarding the Skydancer hatchling horns. However, I only said it because I was convinced that all Skydancers had their horns untinted but that was a slip-up on my part so I had to edit it.

And I addressed the Arcane Primal once again, I edited the reply because I noticed that you also had something else in mind which is completely true but hehehjghjkgh I wasn't referring to that. I was replying to the person speaking purely about the part going over the horn and ear.
HOWEVER, there is also a possibility they left those lines that go over the mane completely purposefully to portray the light going through the hairs. Hair is not opaque, it is semi-transparent which is why light of the Primal would totally go through.

However when it comes to Capsule, I am just left there like Some highlight lines do not cover all of the creases on Veilspun like they do on other species, but that's about the only thing I have noticed. On adult males, there are leftover liquid remnants while the little lines on both adults and the hatchling appear to be reflections on the glassy surface of the Capsule belly. They occur on numerous other species but they are lines instead of blotches that exist on Veilspun. Drawing glassy surfaces and liquids is extremely hard, I do not blame them for trying out different techniques.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@shinyumbreon OH!!!!!!!!! O H I SEE IT NOW. I was somehow looking at all the colours that look good and I didn't understand what the op was referring to. Yes, it appears that the highlight layer doesn't have the proper settings applied. I don't know what sort of setting they use for the highlight but it appears that the layer isn't...multiplying? I think? Yeah, that does make sense, I completely misunderstood the point of the post HAHAHA
@shinyumbreon OH!!!!!!!!! O H I SEE IT NOW. I was somehow looking at all the colours that look good and I didn't understand what the op was referring to. Yes, it appears that the highlight layer doesn't have the proper settings applied. I don't know what sort of setting they use for the highlight but it appears that the layer isn't...multiplying? I think? Yeah, that does make sense, I completely misunderstood the point of the post HAHAHA
As people likely stated before: baby snappers with stitched buttercup just don't exist [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64951773][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649518/64951773_350.png[/img][/url]
As people likely stated before: baby snappers with stitched buttercup just don't exist

64951773_350.png
Pulling this up again, but obsidian arc, loop and okapi on veilspun have dark green lines as the supposed darkest tone, which proooobably shouldn't be on obsidian. It blends way too much with base color. All Veil models have this issue. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=70&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=05bb6e5b42bc50408ca163ef870cc5890a30d044&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=70&wings=10&auth=9acbffac9fd5e02e546150eade9919179d71bcff&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=59&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=327ede1346e57815deabbe1d7276451661bafbef&dummyext=prev.png[/img] A modern for comparison (falcon/peregrine as substitute) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=16&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=5b48969f5a49dd25251462dee2e6573a4173f0d6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=10&auth=2c1b5f65ad2bd46f61bf7ff87ef04ce74d15a0e0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=9&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=7a72c4434bd5cfdfbd3c59c1dfce05d219c7bd4a&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Pulling this up again, but obsidian arc, loop and okapi on veilspun have dark green lines as the supposed darkest tone, which proooobably shouldn't be on obsidian. It blends way too much with base color.
All Veil models have this issue.
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=70&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=05bb6e5b42bc50408ca163ef870cc5890a30d044&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=70&wings=10&auth=9acbffac9fd5e02e546150eade9919179d71bcff&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=59&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=327ede1346e57815deabbe1d7276451661bafbef&dummyext=prev.png

A modern for comparison (falcon/peregrine as substitute)
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=16&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=5b48969f5a49dd25251462dee2e6573a4173f0d6&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=0&winggene=11&wings=10&auth=2c1b5f65ad2bd46f61bf7ff87ef04ce74d15a0e0&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=97&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=11&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=9&winggene=0&wings=97&auth=7a72c4434bd5cfdfbd3c59c1dfce05d219c7bd4a&dummyext=prev.png
Kera/Horrorboros, she/her, aroace-spec
Fixating on Rain World and Splatoon
Cookie Run's a dying fixation
3dVLvi.gif 3dVlZc.gif pdvkxwm.png
Sooooo..... Just recently I bought a dragon that is wind multigaze and I was very excited, but then I noticed something I thought was funny and wasn't sure if it was intentional. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=13cb36a87287c4e83d532e27722377ea7d3f4aa7&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Wind [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=4fde2d14ad0602dc26b3d10334101b71a67d484c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Hatchling Multigaze has a darker version of the Eye color around the Eye. So its a very similar color. Where as Adults get basically a black ring (which honestly fits more with line art). It seems to occur in all colors, though the "lighter" ones are the easiest to see it on. (Water, Earth, and Shadow are the hardest to see.) Since I wasn't sure if it was intentional (and I had never seen it mentioned before) I figured I would drop it in here just in case. Doesn't really bother me at all, I just thought it was kinda strange and that I would mention it. ----- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=256eead2829b281cd3c21e56535c8e6edfdb0780&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Nature [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=07113a87e99988fa60f09d9a5bc4a763912f1380&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ----- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e82b70e98cf1eec71f516ad17562e7327a2d628f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Arcane [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=8704bd10df79fb04e64a018d93d5fbcaad5a0b90&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ----- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=38d87a9cb51cab5563f460765ae8e8e39770c8ad&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Light [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=859a1c082677a51fb83cdce4a05aeaca3710be3c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ----- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5fdd1254720d368eccc7ebb13526afcba6388258&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Lightning [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=c0154756d5aeb0c59f4f5d2b5620f9782918f8ae&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Sooooo.....

Just recently I bought a dragon that is wind multigaze and I was very excited, but then I noticed something I thought was funny and wasn't sure if it was intentional.

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=13cb36a87287c4e83d532e27722377ea7d3f4aa7&dummyext=prev.png
Wind
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=3&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=4fde2d14ad0602dc26b3d10334101b71a67d484c&dummyext=prev.png

Hatchling Multigaze has a darker version of the Eye color around the Eye. So its a very similar color. Where as Adults get basically a black ring (which honestly fits more with line art).

It seems to occur in all colors, though the "lighter" ones are the easiest to see it on. (Water, Earth, and Shadow are the hardest to see.)

Since I wasn't sure if it was intentional (and I had never seen it mentioned before) I figured I would drop it in here just in case. Doesn't really bother me at all, I just thought it was kinda strange and that I would mention it.

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=256eead2829b281cd3c21e56535c8e6edfdb0780&dummyext=prev.png
Nature
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=10&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=07113a87e99988fa60f09d9a5bc4a763912f1380&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e82b70e98cf1eec71f516ad17562e7327a2d628f&dummyext=prev.png
Arcane
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=8704bd10df79fb04e64a018d93d5fbcaad5a0b90&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=38d87a9cb51cab5563f460765ae8e8e39770c8ad&dummyext=prev.png
Light
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=859a1c082677a51fb83cdce4a05aeaca3710be3c&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=5fdd1254720d368eccc7ebb13526afcba6388258&dummyext=prev.png
Lightning
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=c0154756d5aeb0c59f4f5d2b5620f9782918f8ae&dummyext=prev.png
Not so much a wrong color, as I wonder if it's accidentally too much coverage. I went to scry a veilspun with crackle, only to realize it covered all of their hair. Here's a veil with radioactive secondary. As you can see, only the wing shows through. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=58&winggene=70&wings=130&auth=d436a069abf66060106e49fb416bf87c11177dea&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=24&tertgene=58&winggene=70&wings=130&auth=6055e8c09f1d30ad9270e6432356146632dd36a9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] EDIT: Hm, seems moderns also have their mane covered. I guess I never noticed it because veils are ALL HAIR. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=130&auth=f25441b1865b2c1ff8e293afd29d4f3314773d5a&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Not so much a wrong color, as I wonder if it's accidentally too much coverage. I went to scry a veilspun with crackle, only to realize it covered all of their hair.

Here's a veil with radioactive secondary. As you can see, only the wing shows through.

dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=58&winggene=70&wings=130&auth=d436a069abf66060106e49fb416bf87c11177dea&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=19&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=24&tertgene=58&winggene=70&wings=130&auth=6055e8c09f1d30ad9270e6432356146632dd36a9&dummyext=prev.png

EDIT: Hm, seems moderns also have their mane covered. I guess I never noticed it because veils are ALL HAIR.

dragon?age=1&body=68&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=130&auth=f25441b1865b2c1ff8e293afd29d4f3314773d5a&dummyext=prev.png
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
No clue where to put this, but this is the closest thread, I think.
On the Tidelord's profile, it says he has water common eyes, however, the art of him shows water glowing eyes. It's the same with Windsinger, Flamecaller, Icewarden, Gladekeeper, Plaguebringer, and Lightweaver. Similarly, Shadowbinder and Arcanist both have dark scelera eyes and Stormcatcher has lightning primal eyes. Despite this, all of them are listed as having common eyes. Earthshaker is the only one with a correctly listed eye color.
No clue where to put this, but this is the closest thread, I think.
On the Tidelord's profile, it says he has water common eyes, however, the art of him shows water glowing eyes. It's the same with Windsinger, Flamecaller, Icewarden, Gladekeeper, Plaguebringer, and Lightweaver. Similarly, Shadowbinder and Arcanist both have dark scelera eyes and Stormcatcher has lightning primal eyes. Despite this, all of them are listed as having common eyes. Earthshaker is the only one with a correctly listed eye color.
~Check out my profile for trades!~
@inkbunnygold I don’t think that’s an error, those may be the common/normal types for the individual deities (i.e. some naturally have glowing eyes, which would make it the common type). After all, the listed colors for them are also not accurate.

Also worth considering that their eyes were glowing way before glowing eyes existed. All the old dragons pre-update had common eyes, including the deities.
@inkbunnygold I don’t think that’s an error, those may be the common/normal types for the individual deities (i.e. some naturally have glowing eyes, which would make it the common type). After all, the listed colors for them are also not accurate.

Also worth considering that their eyes were glowing way before glowing eyes existed. All the old dragons pre-update had common eyes, including the deities.
giphy.gifold_mansig.pngmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
1 2 ... 268 269 270 271 272 ... 312 313