Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | [Light Subspecies] Ringwyrms
1 2 3 4
@Blightwyrm

You can never have too many connections to fungi, hehe. Thank you! I was inspired by a book I read recently called The Hidden Life of Trees. It's short but engrossing, with an accessible style. Highly recommended! And I'm very excited to see how you expand on that piece. :eyes:

It does!! I'll have to read through your lore when I have free time this week. I love the setting described in your clan profile.
@Blightwyrm

You can never have too many connections to fungi, hehe. Thank you! I was inspired by a book I read recently called The Hidden Life of Trees. It's short but engrossing, with an accessible style. Highly recommended! And I'm very excited to see how you expand on that piece. :eyes:

It does!! I'll have to read through your lore when I have free time this week. I love the setting described in your clan profile.
0Xrg9Di.png
@heavylobster
can I please be removed from the pinglist
@heavylobster
can I please be removed from the pinglist
@HoodieCat
Of course!
@HoodieCat
Of course!
0Xrg9Di.png
@heavylobster:

I've named my ringwyrm Resheph

Her title is Queen of Pestilence
@heavylobster:

I've named my ringwyrm Resheph

Her title is Queen of Pestilence
iAOqFOM.png
@xSourGrapesx
Delicious. :eyes: Thank you for letting me know!
@xSourGrapesx
Delicious. :eyes: Thank you for letting me know!
0Xrg9Di.png
@heavylobster Hello! I have claimed your unnamed descendant of Ahnu and Lenka at the Writer’s Hatchery, pulled in by your amazing lore! I’m reading everything now, so I can fully include his history into his lore as he becomes a part of my Clan of the Called. They have taken it as their mission to fight the Shade. I realized while I was reading this today, that in my lore about my Libra the Light Scholar (that I wrote months ago), he must have discovered a hidden repository of heretic-scholar material, before the Shade took him. If there is more lore than is in your lair’s bios, I would love to read it.

I’d also like to be on the pinglist, and also be notified as more lore is written.
@heavylobster Hello! I have claimed your unnamed descendant of Ahnu and Lenka at the Writer’s Hatchery, pulled in by your amazing lore! I’m reading everything now, so I can fully include his history into his lore as he becomes a part of my Clan of the Called. They have taken it as their mission to fight the Shade. I realized while I was reading this today, that in my lore about my Libra the Light Scholar (that I wrote months ago), he must have discovered a hidden repository of heretic-scholar material, before the Shade took him. If there is more lore than is in your lair’s bios, I would love to read it.

I’d also like to be on the pinglist, and also be notified as more lore is written.
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@dancingcrane

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm delighted he's going to a happy home, hehe. I'll ping you for future nests, as most come with character lore that furthers the Ringwyrms' general story, too. I love what you're working with now. Please update me when he has a name and if he earns a title from the Called! I'd also love to be pinged in the Writer's Hatchery for the piece you write when it's finished.

Have a good week!!
@dancingcrane

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm delighted he's going to a happy home, hehe. I'll ping you for future nests, as most come with character lore that furthers the Ringwyrms' general story, too. I love what you're working with now. Please update me when he has a name and if he earns a title from the Called! I'd also love to be pinged in the Writer's Hatchery for the piece you write when it's finished.

Have a good week!!
0Xrg9Di.png
@0SmolBean @StrangeStorm @crowworm @arboretumm @resix @Mnkn10 @Sillywinter @sleepytroll @Marrigan @AtticSaltStorms @Spectr @virtue @Camazotz @Kashmere @fruitbatt @securitr0n @Gothwaldo @Slime @NuclearFudge @SpicyTunaRoll @sane @HoodieCat @Icefire55 @Blightwyrm @CrazyChaos @xSourGrapesx @dancingcrane Hi everyone! You are being pinged for more ringwyrm lore - and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2493483/1#post_2493483]hatchlings[/url], if you choose! Only the lore is included in full, here. If you would like to be removed from the pinglist, please let me know. [quote=In the trickling byways between, and far below][b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60400827]Milkhay[/url][/b] Lenka's first impression of her clutch was not a happy one: there was more sneer to them than she liked - more, even too-much-more, wasting from the inside - but that was to be expected with the ratio of rotwyrms to their deep and loamy brethren. That, too, was not generally a problem; she turned and distanced the eggs like any decent mother, and she had risked far more birthing than tending them. The problem was the eldest female. Again and again, she overcame Lenka's obstacles to wriggle, writhe, and knock against her siblings like a mangy cat. So violent was her compulsion that she split her little sister's shell early, stealing her rightful size and strength. That one, Lenka predicted, would be small and shake under the lightest dew - if she survived. How fitting that she was to be the best lived and loved among them, after all. --- [i]Milkhay is named for her fondness of sweetgrass nests and - less flatteringly - her weak-colored eyes and small, pale stature. She is also fond of flowers, and devoted to her fungal web because it permits her to speak with them. She is very close to her loam-brother, Buckbee, who tends his garden for the similar connection it provides - and because it is quite lucrative. Despite her shyness, Milkhay has a natural talent for hospitality and decor. She arranges everything to a cozy tee and lets her harder brother, Buckbee, manage the money.[/i] --- [b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60400828]Lowleg[/url][/b] Culls were not technically forbidden, he thought, and the thought oozed more hateful amusement with every grinding, grating heave of his body over the parched earth. As a rotwyrm, he was a rare disgrace: his craft had made him beggar, cripple - a prime example of the slur dragonkind-common spat at him. From between, and very far below, he heard his sister in her thrush-throated whisper, say: [i]Maggot.[/i] [i]Yes,[/i] he sighed. [i]And you are eating me alive.[/i] [i]The weak learn humility, brother,[/i] she rasped. [i]I made you low-legged so you would kneel as far as I have fallen.[/i] He rolled eyes that even now were not really his own, given over to the rapture of fever. If he were any kind of rotwyrm, he lamented, he would never stutter in its grip. But still, he would say it: [i]Maggot. I came to get you, didn't I?[/i] --- [i]Lowleg is named for the affliction bestowed him by his tormentor, comrade, and sister, the Unculled. Whatever method her parents tried to correct her nature was not successful, and she remained like her father a prisoner of her own power - until her brother heard her pleas and freed her. Although she is too fragile to venture above ground, the pair of them wonder the whole of Sornieth preaching her gospel. Sometimes, Lowleg comes a little too close to enlightenment for her liking, and she hunts their better brother and sister for his care.[/i] --- [b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60400829]Buckbee[/url][/b] The public perception of Ringwyrms was such that, despite the years of hard labor, study, and invention he had invested, it was like pulling teeth - and not the generous kind, soft and easy with disease - to get paid. He could do everything right and still have patients run like rabbits when he forgot his confounded spectacles. They had no medical use, only cut the glare of his too-golden eyes and hid what his patients insisted was a [i]supernaturally[/i] preserved face; [i]curiously pronounced[/i] antlers, for a spiral. For pity's sake, it was only the magic of herbal masks; not virginal blood. [i]But yes,[/i] he mused as he gathered the dropped and shattered teacup his older sister had made so well, [i]sometimes this happens.[/i] And sometimes, [i]this [/i]happened: Outside, silence settled - badly. He felt a subterranean pressure, then the tiny, so-shrill panic of screaming seed-mouths before - before a dozen mature, perfectly healthy root systems collapsed. Their fungi jumped like raw nerves and the bark slimed with instantaneous, unnatural corruption. The old plum tree in the tea garden slanted with a snarling, cornered-hound sound. Its leaves left, hissing resentfully, and you made fast to warn your sister - [i]You don't have to,[/i] she cackled. [i]There's no reason to roll out the red carpet every time. You know he'll only spoil it.[/i] It was the wrong sister, of course. You ground your teeth. It was about that time of year, but you didn't have to like it - and you wouldn't let [i]her[/i], either. --- [i]Buckbee was named by the masses for his huge, buck-like antlers and apparent ability to speak with bees. He allowed this, for marketing purposes. He and his sister Milkhay, whom he affectionately calls M'ay, maintain a garden and retreat that earned them fortune and reputation. Driven by a yearly necessity, the Unculled seeks them to save their brother, Lowleg, from her blessings. Even for one who shares blood, they can sometimes cut too deep.[/i][/quote]
@0SmolBean @StrangeStorm @crowworm @arboretumm @resix @Mnkn10 @Sillywinter @sleepytroll @Marrigan @AtticSaltStorms @Spectr @virtue @Camazotz @Kashmere @fruitbatt @securitr0n @Gothwaldo @Slime @NuclearFudge @SpicyTunaRoll @sane @HoodieCat @Icefire55 @Blightwyrm @CrazyChaos @xSourGrapesx @dancingcrane

Hi everyone! You are being pinged for more ringwyrm lore - and hatchlings, if you choose! Only the lore is included in full, here. If you would like to be removed from the pinglist, please let me know.

In the trickling byways between, and far below wrote:
Milkhay

Lenka's first impression of her clutch was not a happy one: there was more sneer to them than she liked - more, even too-much-more, wasting from the inside - but that was to be expected with the ratio of rotwyrms to their deep and loamy brethren. That, too, was not generally a problem; she turned and distanced the eggs like any decent mother, and she had risked far more birthing than tending them.

The problem was the eldest female. Again and again, she overcame Lenka's obstacles to wriggle, writhe, and knock against her siblings like a mangy cat. So violent was her compulsion that she split her little sister's shell early, stealing her rightful size and strength. That one, Lenka predicted, would be small and shake under the lightest dew - if she survived.

How fitting that she was to be the best lived and loved among them, after all.

---

Milkhay is named for her fondness of sweetgrass nests and - less flatteringly - her weak-colored eyes and small, pale stature. She is also fond of flowers, and devoted to her fungal web because it permits her to speak with them. She is very close to her loam-brother, Buckbee, who tends his garden for the similar connection it provides - and because it is quite lucrative. Despite her shyness, Milkhay has a natural talent for hospitality and decor. She arranges everything to a cozy tee and lets her harder brother, Buckbee, manage the money.

---

Lowleg

Culls were not technically forbidden, he thought, and the thought oozed more hateful amusement with every grinding, grating heave of his body over the parched earth. As a rotwyrm, he was a rare disgrace: his craft had made him beggar, cripple - a prime example of the slur dragonkind-common spat at him. From between, and very far below, he heard his sister in her thrush-throated whisper, say:

Maggot.

Yes, he sighed. And you are eating me alive.

The weak learn humility, brother, she rasped. I made you low-legged so you would kneel as far as I have fallen.

He rolled eyes that even now were not really his own, given over to the rapture of fever. If he were any kind of rotwyrm, he lamented, he would never stutter in its grip. But still, he would say it:

Maggot. I came to get you, didn't I?

---

Lowleg is named for the affliction bestowed him by his tormentor, comrade, and sister, the Unculled. Whatever method her parents tried to correct her nature was not successful, and she remained like her father a prisoner of her own power - until her brother heard her pleas and freed her. Although she is too fragile to venture above ground, the pair of them wonder the whole of Sornieth preaching her gospel. Sometimes, Lowleg comes a little too close to enlightenment for her liking, and she hunts their better brother and sister for his care.

---

Buckbee

The public perception of Ringwyrms was such that, despite the years of hard labor, study, and invention he had invested, it was like pulling teeth - and not the generous kind, soft and easy with disease - to get paid. He could do everything right and still have patients run like rabbits when he forgot his confounded spectacles. They had no medical use, only cut the glare of his too-golden eyes and hid what his patients insisted was a supernaturally preserved face; curiously pronounced antlers, for a spiral. For pity's sake, it was only the magic of herbal masks; not virginal blood.

But yes, he mused as he gathered the dropped and shattered teacup his older sister had made so well, sometimes this happens.

And sometimes, this happened:

Outside, silence settled - badly. He felt a subterranean pressure, then the tiny, so-shrill panic of screaming seed-mouths before - before a dozen mature, perfectly healthy root systems collapsed. Their fungi jumped like raw nerves and the bark slimed with instantaneous, unnatural corruption. The old plum tree in the tea garden slanted with a snarling, cornered-hound sound. Its leaves left, hissing resentfully, and you made fast to warn your sister -

You don't have to, she cackled. There's no reason to roll out the red carpet every time. You know he'll only spoil it.

It was the wrong sister, of course. You ground your teeth. It was about that time of year, but you didn't have to like it - and you wouldn't let her, either.

---

Buckbee was named by the masses for his huge, buck-like antlers and apparent ability to speak with bees. He allowed this, for marketing purposes. He and his sister Milkhay, whom he affectionately calls M'ay, maintain a garden and retreat that earned them fortune and reputation. Driven by a yearly necessity, the Unculled seeks them to save their brother, Lowleg, from her blessings. Even for one who shares blood, they can sometimes cut too deep.
0Xrg9Di.png
@heavylobster

I'm so glad to see this subspecies back!! I've been thinking a lot about Lumen recently, I even settled on her accent last week. I'm very tempted on those hatchlings but I'm gonna hold off a few days in case someone pops in who doesn't yet have a Ringworm. It's nice to see some life here :0
@heavylobster

I'm so glad to see this subspecies back!! I've been thinking a lot about Lumen recently, I even settled on her accent last week. I'm very tempted on those hatchlings but I'm gonna hold off a few days in case someone pops in who doesn't yet have a Ringworm. It's nice to see some life here :0
MwJo5fF.png
@Blightwyrm Thanks, Blight! I am so glad you enjoyed the new stories, you made my night!

ETA: I forgot to say, Buck needing to wear glasses because of the masses' terror is a nod to Lumen, hehe. Please ping or DM me when you finish her look! The accent she's sporting now is excellent. I visited her page a while ago and loved your piece, too! I'm glad she went to a good home.
@Blightwyrm Thanks, Blight! I am so glad you enjoyed the new stories, you made my night!

ETA: I forgot to say, Buck needing to wear glasses because of the masses' terror is a nod to Lumen, hehe. Please ping or DM me when you finish her look! The accent she's sporting now is excellent. I visited her page a while ago and loved your piece, too! I'm glad she went to a good home.
0Xrg9Di.png
1 2 3 4