Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | [XYYBA] The XYY Breeders' Association
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 551 552
@Foayasha, no worries! I've actually got that handled. They'll be fairly straighforward (using HTML/CSS), but they'll totally work.

Can you make a badge?
@Foayasha, no worries! I've actually got that handled. They'll be fairly straighforward (using HTML/CSS), but they'll totally work.

Can you make a badge?
_________SmBLerv.png_ _ __SwjxiXr.png_ _ __2lLWOc3.png_ _ __E4B4gsl.png_ _ __rkoKRrQ.png_
@Possum - sure thing! We can get a little discussion going on breeding standards and such as well. Because that is a tough question to answer. Do you need to have 100% guaranteed X/Y/Y? Or do you want to allow for ranges? That sort of thing.

How exciting ^^
@Possum - sure thing! We can get a little discussion going on breeding standards and such as well. Because that is a tough question to answer. Do you need to have 100% guaranteed X/Y/Y? Or do you want to allow for ranges? That sort of thing.

How exciting ^^
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
@Foayasha, I know for certain that I don't want genes to play any role in determining whether or not a breeding pair qualifies. XYY is exclusively about color, but I'd say having any tertiary gene is more ideal than none. We want to show off those terts! On top of that, the primary color does not matter, so long as it doesn't match the secondary and tertiary.

My plan was to take a graded approach for breeder qualification. Again, I don't think the breed of dragon should matter as far as attaining a higher degree goes. For example, having XYY Imp pairs does not make you a higher level than another player breeding XYY Mirrors. You just produce a different breed.

Tier One
100% Chance of XYY (1:1)

Tier Two
50% Chance of XYY (1:2)

Tier Three
16.6-33% Chance of XYY (1:3, 1:4, 1:5, 1:6)

Fluke Breeders
Having any pair with a range that can produce XYYs. This is not the breed standard, obviously, but you can still have a good time with all the other XYY lovers!

EDIT: We can also change the "tier" names, lol.
@Foayasha, I know for certain that I don't want genes to play any role in determining whether or not a breeding pair qualifies. XYY is exclusively about color, but I'd say having any tertiary gene is more ideal than none. We want to show off those terts! On top of that, the primary color does not matter, so long as it doesn't match the secondary and tertiary.

My plan was to take a graded approach for breeder qualification. Again, I don't think the breed of dragon should matter as far as attaining a higher degree goes. For example, having XYY Imp pairs does not make you a higher level than another player breeding XYY Mirrors. You just produce a different breed.

Tier One
100% Chance of XYY (1:1)

Tier Two
50% Chance of XYY (1:2)

Tier Three
16.6-33% Chance of XYY (1:3, 1:4, 1:5, 1:6)

Fluke Breeders
Having any pair with a range that can produce XYYs. This is not the breed standard, obviously, but you can still have a good time with all the other XYY lovers!

EDIT: We can also change the "tier" names, lol.
_________SmBLerv.png_ _ __SwjxiXr.png_ _ __2lLWOc3.png_ _ __E4B4gsl.png_ _ __rkoKRrQ.png_
@possum

P: I like your approach so far! Though, in my opinion, at least one tier might should require *any* tert gene, whether it's underbelly, circuit, or gembond. Just so you can be like "these are guaranteed to produce xyy and they come ready to show it off". :U Of course, that's just a thought and opinion, so yeah. c:

EDIT: OR MAYBE NOT A TIER
but a special badge or notification or something denoting that they breed xyys with tert genes?
@possum

P: I like your approach so far! Though, in my opinion, at least one tier might should require *any* tert gene, whether it's underbelly, circuit, or gembond. Just so you can be like "these are guaranteed to produce xyy and they come ready to show it off". :U Of course, that's just a thought and opinion, so yeah. c:

EDIT: OR MAYBE NOT A TIER
but a special badge or notification or something denoting that they breed xyys with tert genes?
196.png
abril
she / her

wishlist
5.png

6.png
@Abril, I totally agree that not having a tert gene is borderline wasteful when breeding XYYs (unf, Underbelly) and would be more than happy to denote on the breeder's list post which ones have guaranteed terts. Maybe with an uppercase (T)? Or maybe (***) so no one thinks they're trying to trade, lol.

I just want to make sure no one is discouraged from being an XYY breeder because their dragons are lacking genes. We shall love them all because they are perfect little dittles.

Also, I'm setting up somewhere online to chitchat with you and @Foayasha about XYY things. I'll probably be less active over the next two weeks (yay, holidays!) but we can get back in gear in January. I'll message youuuu. :)
@Abril, I totally agree that not having a tert gene is borderline wasteful when breeding XYYs (unf, Underbelly) and would be more than happy to denote on the breeder's list post which ones have guaranteed terts. Maybe with an uppercase (T)? Or maybe (***) so no one thinks they're trying to trade, lol.

I just want to make sure no one is discouraged from being an XYY breeder because their dragons are lacking genes. We shall love them all because they are perfect little dittles.

Also, I'm setting up somewhere online to chitchat with you and @Foayasha about XYY things. I'll probably be less active over the next two weeks (yay, holidays!) but we can get back in gear in January. I'll message youuuu. :)
I definitely don't wanna discourage people, either, @Possum! I think this should be about having fun and all that jazz! It would just be easier to denote tert genes! (Though, yeah, the T might not be a good idea lol.) I think an asterisk next to the name, with a note above the list explaining that those breeders have tert genes, would be more than ample for distinguishing things!

I will await your message, in any case~. I'll be a bit busy, too... lots of holiday stuff (two families yayyyy) and end-of-the-year birthdays, so January is good for me~.
I definitely don't wanna discourage people, either, @Possum! I think this should be about having fun and all that jazz! It would just be easier to denote tert genes! (Though, yeah, the T might not be a good idea lol.) I think an asterisk next to the name, with a note above the list explaining that those breeders have tert genes, would be more than ample for distinguishing things!

I will await your message, in any case~. I'll be a bit busy, too... lots of holiday stuff (two families yayyyy) and end-of-the-year birthdays, so January is good for me~.
196.png
abril
she / her

wishlist
5.png

6.png
@Abril, @Foayasha, ooooops. I did more stuff.

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change/edit, including the banners and current status of the breed standard (even though it's mostly hodgepodge quotes, lol.)
@Abril, @Foayasha, ooooops. I did more stuff.

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change/edit, including the banners and current status of the breed standard (even though it's mostly hodgepodge quotes, lol.)
@Possum I like the banner. Makes us look all official and super hero-y. ooooh.
I have already dumped my opinions of the standard on you, so whee, but I cannot wait to see what Foayasha has to say! (Not pinging since you just got pinged in the last post and I don't wanna spam your notifications!)
So far it looks like is coming along nicely!

ALSO POSSUM. Remember that cutie ice/royal/royal girl I got from you? I got her a mate today. >w< I'm so happy~.

ALSO ALSO, my breeder bit:
Quote:
Name: Abril
Player ID: 37840
Hatchery/Sales Thread: http://*******.com/l32n6zr {leads to my hatchery thread}
Does at least one XYY pair have a tertiary gene?: Yep~
Notes: I primarily breed TG and DG dragons that are doubles in some form (xxy, xyx, and xyy).
@Possum I like the banner. Makes us look all official and super hero-y. ooooh.
I have already dumped my opinions of the standard on you, so whee, but I cannot wait to see what Foayasha has to say! (Not pinging since you just got pinged in the last post and I don't wanna spam your notifications!)
So far it looks like is coming along nicely!

ALSO POSSUM. Remember that cutie ice/royal/royal girl I got from you? I got her a mate today. >w< I'm so happy~.

ALSO ALSO, my breeder bit:
Quote:
Name: Abril
Player ID: 37840
Hatchery/Sales Thread: http://*******.com/l32n6zr {leads to my hatchery thread}
Does at least one XYY pair have a tertiary gene?: Yep~
Notes: I primarily breed TG and DG dragons that are doubles in some form (xxy, xyx, and xyy).
196.png
abril
she / her

wishlist
5.png

6.png
[quote][b]Name:[/b] Foayasha [b]Player ID:[/b] 13081 [b]Hatchery/Sales Thread:[/b] http://tinyurl.com/CuppyCakeSR [b]Does at least one XYY pair have a tertiary gene?:[/b] Yes [b]Notes:[/b]My hatchery 99% breeds White primaries, and a themed secondary/tertiary. For XYY breeding, I have several which are 100%, but mainly fluke pairs at about 3-5:25 chances for x/y/y.[/quote] You two sure have been busy! I'll read through and see if I have any suggestions. By the way I've got several dragons being baby sat right now, so my qualifying tier one is only half way in my lair. I'll get her back in though tonight.
Quote:
Name: Foayasha
Player ID: 13081
Hatchery/Sales Thread: http://*******.com/CuppyCakeSR
Does at least one XYY pair have a tertiary gene?: Yes
Notes:My hatchery 99% breeds White primaries, and a themed secondary/tertiary. For XYY breeding, I have several which are 100%, but mainly fluke pairs at about 3-5:25 chances for x/y/y.

You two sure have been busy! I'll read through and see if I have any suggestions. By the way I've got several dragons being baby sat right now, so my qualifying tier one is only half way in my lair. I'll get her back in though tonight.
TqnrXGL.png o hatchery
o spotlight
o BTV Veils
o subspecies
o kennel club
o lore: clan saga
@Abril, I see your handsome Spiral! How adorable! :D

@Foayasha, added you to the breeders list!

I fixed up the Breeding Standard but I'm still not totally done with it. I need to explain a bit more about the tiers and see if you guys like what I've got. I figure that having just one 1:1 breeding pair should qualify a player for Tier One, even if their other pairs are Flukes. :)

More will come later. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

EDIT: To both of you, I may be using one of your pairs (and associated color spectrum) to explain the tiers. Let me know if you don't want me tooooooo.
@Abril, I see your handsome Spiral! How adorable! :D

@Foayasha, added you to the breeders list!

I fixed up the Breeding Standard but I'm still not totally done with it. I need to explain a bit more about the tiers and see if you guys like what I've got. I figure that having just one 1:1 breeding pair should qualify a player for Tier One, even if their other pairs are Flukes. :)

More will come later. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

EDIT: To both of you, I may be using one of your pairs (and associated color spectrum) to explain the tiers. Let me know if you don't want me tooooooo.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 551 552